• Breaking News

    Friday, November 29, 2019

    Apple TV Goodbye Amazon 👋🏼

    Apple TV Goodbye Amazon ����


    Goodbye Amazon ����

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 09:40 AM PST

    Currently the best show on Apple TV +

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 04:04 PM PST

    Turn off sound bar with Apple TV remote.

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 11:29 PM PST

    Bought a Vizio Soundbar tonight. I have it set so my Apple remote changes the volume of the soundbar, but when I turn my Apple TV and the tv itself off with the Apple remote the soundbar stays on. Anyway to turn off all devices. Soundbar is connect through optical.

    submitted by /u/BIRD-APPRENTICE
    [link] [comments]

    Mods should pin the subreddits for the other Apple shows as well.

    Posted: 29 Nov 2019 01:16 AM PST

    It took me a while to find the See sub, which is r/SeeTV
    It should be pinned at the top like the Morning Show's is.

    submitted by /u/AndyScores
    [link] [comments]

    “Interactive 3D Fireplace” app is now FREE on Apple TV

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 12:48 PM PST

    AirPods and Solo Pro not showing up

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 09:34 PM PST

    Running the latest tvOS (not beta) and the Bluetooth menu can't find either my gen 1 AirPods or my Beats Solo Pro. My Mac and iPhone can both connect to them back and forth no problem. Does anyone else have this issue? Any ideas how to fix it? I already tried repairing several times.

    submitted by /u/cy99aorxscoK
    [link] [comments]

    Tv doesn’t turn on with Apple TV remote anymore

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 07:41 PM PST

    For months now, I'm assuming since tvOS 13, Apple TV doesn't turn on the television with the Apple TV remote. Used to change input when I pushed the button and everything. I have seen members talk about using the menu of TV button but that doesn't work either. Did Apple just plain kill this feature with HDMI CEC?

    It's a 2019 Sony Android OLED, but I'm pretty sure it's not the TV's fault from what I have read. Is there something I am missing?

    submitted by /u/Bradg93
    [link] [comments]

    Using Apple Digital Media Adapter with Disney +/ESPN+ /Hulu in rural area

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 11:43 AM PST

    My father-in-law has a sort of unique situation. He lives in an area where there is no hard-wired Internet available and has to use a phone for all of his media. unfortunately because of the way Verizon throttle data past 15 gigabytes, he's on an unlimited plan but can only watch shows on his device itself (IE, he cannot use his phone as a hotspot for the smart TV)

    I'm hoping that someone here might know whether or not you can use the digital media adapter to mirror what is on his phone using these apps to an HDMI port on a TV.

    That way, the mobile device, in this case an iPhone, would be used for getting the data to the house, and then final mile to the TV through that HDMI cable to mirror his app's content. We have no other options so anything that would require another device to be internet connected will not work, IE we can't do a Apple TV or a Roku or similar. It has to just be phone connected to the TV. Does anyone have any experience with this? Thanks a bunch.

    submitted by /u/Bageezax
    [link] [comments]

    ATV 4k only doing 8 bit HDR ?

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 01:47 PM PST

    So I have an ATV 4k, connected to a Dolby Vision HDR10 capable TV (tried with xbox one s and it gives me 10bit BT.2020 HDR just fine). The apple TV however doesn't.

    I tried using Plex, Venom 4K HDR movie and it still only gives me 8 bit BT.2020 not 10 bit.

    I tried with TV+, the morning show doesnt play DV, nor does it play 10 bit.

    I switched cables, I switched HDMI inputs and I have match source on.

    Am I missing something ?

    submitted by /u/Xullfiqar
    [link] [comments]

    ATV4 Menu button affects source on TV

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 04:04 PM PST

    I have an ATV4, a Samsung TV and an LG Sound bar. I have them connected using TV ARC, but i find sometimes when i push the Menu button on the ATV4, it changes the Source of the TV from HDMI 2 (ARC) to HDMI 1. I then pull the plug out of the power board for the Soundbar and all is resolved until it happens again. It seems to last 3-4 days before it happens again. Any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/dougierydal
    [link] [comments]

    Question about home videos

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 11:59 AM PST

    I just digitalized some old family vhs tapes and they are 1-2 hr in lenght. If I upload them in I Cloud can I watch them on my tv with Apple TV?

    Reason I ask is bcs Amazon only allows videos less than 20 min long to be played on Fire stick.

    submitted by /u/chillywilie
    [link] [comments]

    It seems Disney plus is crashing my Apple TV

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 02:46 PM PST

    I just signed up for Disney plus and so far my Apple TV has frozen twice in an hour to where I had to unplug it and plug it back in. Has anyone else had this issue?

    submitted by /u/Nbaker19
    [link] [comments]

    Network Issue

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 01:47 PM PST

    Started the Apple TV (2015) from sleep and noticed no apps would connect. Settings show the Apple TV is connected to Ethernet and will not allow me to use WiFi. There is no ethernet cable connected to the unit. Tried restarting, which did nothing. Connected the device to an ethernet cable and that still did not connect to the internet.

    Not sure whats going on with this thing.

    submitted by /u/philipjd_
    [link] [comments]

    tvOS 13 Seems to have broken AppleTV HDCP

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 06:41 AM PST

    I have 3 AppleTVs, they always worked great prior to the tvOS 13 update. After the update one works fine the other two have startup/connection issues.

    The one in my family room is hooked to a receiver and most of the time it has an issue where either the video and audio doesn't work or just the audio doesn't work. I've found that I have to change the input on the receiver to something else then back to the AppleTV to get it to work right (sometimes multiple times as it either doesn't work or it just makes the video work without audio). This has happened prior to the tvOS 13 update but it was very rare and would normally only happen with other devices connected to the receiver such as the tivo.

    The 4k apple tv in my basement is connected to an HDMI switch (along with a PS4) that is then connected to the TV. The interface loads and everything, but playing video, like Netflix, either locks up netflix, the apple tv, or just doesn't play at all then gives the error that HDCP isn't supported on the connection.

    Has anyone found a fix for this? I'm trying different startup sequences but it doesn't seem to help.

    submitted by /u/prozach99
    [link] [comments]

    Stereo Question

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 10:58 AM PST

    So I have my ATV 4K hooked up to my big screen in the living room with a really crappy Vizio sound bar. I was thinking about buying a HomePod and making it the permanent speakers for the ATV and big screen. Is this something that can be done? Any tips or suggestions?

    submitted by /u/pillowshams
    [link] [comments]

    Servant Discussion Thread [Spoilers]

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 10:38 AM PST

    Issue with banding (?) on HDR content

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 10:32 AM PST

    This has only started happening recently, but when I play HDR content (e.g TV+ or Amazon Prime) I get thick bars of colour - most notable with clouds / water etc. I think it's called banding.

    I've got the video setting to match range and frame rate, and I don't see this issue when using the TV's built in apps (it's an LG C7).

    Any ideas?

    submitted by /u/hawkeye2604
    [link] [comments]

    Syncing video in different rooms?

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 06:35 AM PST

    Can't find anything definitive on this, but does AirPlay 2 only support multi-room audio and not video? Trying to watch the Parade this morning with family in town and we're in two rooms. The NBC app is out of sync and if I try to AirPlay it will only do audio (even from the iPhone app). Any suggestions? This will also be great for football later if I can get it working!

    submitted by /u/wardpiper
    [link] [comments]

    Fire TV Remote and Apple TV - Warning!

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 07:52 AM PST

    Don't do this.

    I recently paired my Fire TV Stick 4K remote to my ATV HD running tvOS13.

    It did not work and left me with a Bluetooth device I could not unpair from the ATV and a Fire TV Remote that was Offline.

    I had to reset the ATV and the Fire TV remote to factory settings to recover.

    submitted by /u/jasg70
    [link] [comments]

    Optimal setup for Infuse on an ATV4K

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 06:27 AM PST

    I'm currently using a 1TB HDD connected to my AirPort Extreme as a NAS.
    It's connected to Infuse and work great, but the transfer speed is insanely slow.
    I also need to download the torrent to my laptop, then transfer it to the HDD to be able to access it in Infuse.

    I wonder what the best way to do this is (best value etc).

    Looks like there are two other options.

    Buy a better NAS

    Use a cloud service

    Would be great to be able to download torrents remotely and directly from my phone, without the need of booting up the laptop.

    What's your setup?

    submitted by /u/trebag
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel