• Breaking News

    Saturday, October 5, 2019

    Apple Watch Apple Watch 5, charging.

    Apple Watch Apple Watch 5, charging.


    Apple Watch 5, charging.

    Posted: 05 Oct 2019 03:43 AM PDT

    Having had a few days with my new Apple watch 5 I'm really impressed with it. I do wish I'd have bought one before now. I absolutely love it 💕

    As I said in my previous post, I've got it all set up...and on the watch screen I have the obvious time and date, middle is my calendar, bottom right is breathe, middle bottom is heartrate, and bottom left is battery level, and it now has a clear protector case on it. I know many don't like to use them, but at mid 60s I can sometimes be a bit clumsy.

    One thing I was trying to work out was the best charging schedule...because as the fall detection is (at the moment) the most important thing, I'd like to be wearing the watch for as long as I can while I'm vertical. I tried last thing at night while I was so engrossed in my Kindle book that I was quite content to either sit for ages in the armchair or be lounging on the bed reading while it charged, but that meant the watch lost a bit of battery charge through the night. And morning charging meant I was wandering around without it on.

    So, I've bought a digital timer...(the old fashioned version of a smart plug)..and it's set to start charging at 6.30am and stop at 8am which I think might just work really well.

    Did I mention that I absolutely love this watch? 💕

    submitted by /u/afl2277
    [link] [comments]

    Solar Dial face is the possible cause of battery drain

    Posted: 05 Oct 2019 04:02 AM PDT

    Hi all,

    I think I may have found what is going on with the battery life in Watch OS 6.0.1, well this has worked for me and will need some verification from other people that try but for me it is the Solar Dial face.

    I had this face on my watch and noticed that even when using another face and swiping across to this face it was always "up to date" - the dial was at the right place and so were the complications. This made me think that maybe this face is stuck on somehow and even when you're not using the face it's draining the battery.

    I removed the face completely from my watch this morning when I took it off the charger at 7:30am, it.s now midday and my battery is at 98% so fingers crossed this is what was causing my battery drain and that this info helps others too!

    Let us know if it works for you too?

    submitted by /u/Twicey
    [link] [comments]

    Dear WhatsApp, after one year of photo previews in watchOS, could you please do something about this?

    Posted: 05 Oct 2019 01:36 AM PDT

    [WatchOS6.0.1] Terrible battery drain

    Posted: 05 Oct 2019 03:13 AM PDT

    Hey there, am not sure if this is the right group for such screaming. But since the update of watchos6, there had been a terrible battery drain. I used to easily get 2 days of battery life and now it's like just 24 hours. Anyone else facing similar issue?

    PS: Have reset my watch and still same issue.

    Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.

    submitted by /u/sbkhbk
    [link] [comments]

    Series 4 vs Series 5 (AOD)

    Posted: 04 Oct 2019 10:19 AM PDT

    Because you guys liked my previous post, here is the second. I added 24 watch faces. I am curious to know witch ones are the best. Personally, I prefer A1, A2 and B2. If you want to use one of them, ask me in comments.

    Posted: 04 Oct 2019 02:18 PM PDT

    Sport Loops Discounted on Amazon

    Posted: 04 Oct 2019 10:13 PM PDT

    I don't recall seeing anyone post this. Amazon has the indigo 44mm sport loop for 29.58 and hibiscus 44mm for 27.31

    Apple Watch Sport Loop Band (44mm) - Indigo https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07HCZMY63/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_ZucMDbH6SPN1P

    Apple Watch Sport Loop Band (44mm) - Hibiscus https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07HCSM6W8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_hwcMDbAN8H37D

    submitted by /u/m1st3r_j
    [link] [comments]

    AppleCare+ starting before watch is delivered?

    Posted: 05 Oct 2019 03:53 AM PDT

    I recently made an online purchase, a series 5 AW, with AppleCare+. It is scheduled to be delivered in a few weeks. However I just got an email from Apple saying my AppleCare+ plan is starting tomorrow? Is this normal? I thought it'd start when the watch is activated. Anyone know how this is set up? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Melle_R
    [link] [comments]

    Apple Watch Tip Calculator is Backwards

    Posted: 04 Oct 2019 09:50 PM PDT

    Not sure if anyone else is having this issue, or if I'm missing something basic, but I type the bill total in my watch calculator, hit TIP and it puts the amount I typed in as the 20% tip and gives me the total as being 5x the actual bill. Can't for the life of me figure out why it would do this. Then if I back out to the main screen, it's put the total amount in. I guess it's still useful if you need to split it, you just have to calculate the tip manually first...Am I missing something?

    Edit: Video Proof

    Further Edit: So I was putting some thought into it and I realized that back when they first allowed us to delete the base apple apps, I deleted the calculator app from my phone because I use Solve, which is superior in many ways, in my opinion. That's why the calculator app didn't install on my watch in the beginning. Sadly, there's no watch app for solve. Anyway, I just uninstalled the calculator app from my phone (can't do it directly from the watch, but deleting from the phone removes it from the watch) Reinstalled the app from the phone this time, opened it and used it on the phone first, then the watch, and it's fixed...so odd.

    submitted by /u/Neo_Baggins
    [link] [comments]

    Why aren’t the numbers showing?

    Posted: 05 Oct 2019 07:01 AM PDT

    Notification on my phone and watch

    Posted: 05 Oct 2019 06:54 AM PDT

    I've been looking around (not super thoroughly, granted) but I'm having trouble finding if I can have both my phone and Apple Watch alert me with notifications rather than it just being limited to my watch? I saw on a post from 2015 that if I turn off wrist detection, I could get notifications on both, but that's not something I really want to disable.

    Any thoughts? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/rjluciano
    [link] [comments]

    Loving the new nike royal pulse/lava glow sport loop

    Posted: 04 Oct 2019 12:46 PM PDT

    Apple Watch - Wifi auto connect

    Posted: 05 Oct 2019 02:30 AM PDT

    Does the AW wifi auto connects to known networks (those connected before) when it is available again ?

    I realised that my AW S4 GPS will not auto connect to my home wifi network (while still connected to the iphone via BT) Is this normal ?

    submitted by /u/cynicks
    [link] [comments]

    Is it possible for the face to wake for a text with Raise Wrist to Wake turned off?

    Posted: 05 Oct 2019 06:07 AM PDT

    I like saving battery from not having the raise wrist to wake option on, but when I receive a text now, the screen does not light up, so I have to tap. Is there a way to have the best of both worlds? To have notifications wake the screen, but not a wrist raise? Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/notstoolie3
    [link] [comments]

    Watch complications

    Posted: 05 Oct 2019 05:42 AM PDT

    Hey I'm looking for a new watch face And complications for my Apple Watch series 3

    Can anyone recommend apps that have complications

    submitted by /u/me-me-big-boi1
    [link] [comments]

    Some thoughts on the S5 AOD

    Posted: 04 Oct 2019 12:45 PM PDT

    So I've been wearing an S5 for the past couple weeks. Coming from a Pebble Time, my main concern about the Apple Watch has been battery life. I've had days of good battery life (~50% at the end of a 12-hour day) and days of bad battery life (>20% at the end of a 12-hour day). I've toggled AOD on and off manually to test for battery life differences, and there is quite a difference—as you all know.

    The one thing that has stuck out to me the most throughout my time with the watch though, is how much I wish Apple had baked some more AOD options into WatchOS 6. I think with some optimization, it would be easy to get 2+ days from a S5 with AOD enabled. I'm just a guy on the internet, but here are some options I think should have shipped with WatchOS 6:

    • Control center AOD toggle
      • Samsung's Active Watch 2 has this (or android equivalent), and it's such a glaring omission from WatchOS 6. Why do I have to dig through the settings to enable / disable this? There is an uneven number of toggles in control center right now anyway! (maybe there's a way to add this—if there is, please let me know)
    • Ambient-aware AOD
      • The viability of this one depends on just how sensitive the ambient light sensor is. It would be nice if the watch could tell when it is covered by a sleeve, and automatically disable AOD. A proximity sensor would be better for this, but to my knowledge the only sensor behind the display is the ambient light sensor.
    • Time-aware AOD
      • I wish there were a setting (like the current setting for Night Shift in iOS) that would let me automatically toggle the AOD based on the time of day. I don't usually need the AOD when I'm sitting around at home, and I definitely don't need it while I'm sleeping! IMO this one probably will appear if and when they release sleep tracking.

    Anyway. I'm loving the Apple experience that I've been missing with my Pebble Time, but I think I will end up returning this S5 for now. I have hope for WatchOS 6.1 and the fabled battery life improvements it is said to bring, but at the end of the day it's just a little too much of a compromise for me—at least at the current price point. I think I'll be back, though. Until then, fellow smartwatch redditors. Until then.

    submitted by /u/tayca
    [link] [comments]

    Apple watch s3 on watch os 6 can’t measure swimming distance

    Posted: 05 Oct 2019 04:52 AM PDT

    My apple watch recently couldn't track my swimming distance since i'm on watch os 6, I think it's a bug because the watch still can track my running and walking distance, so are you guys having the same issue and how did you solved it, thanks

    submitted by /u/Pr0Mast3r
    [link] [comments]

    Hoodie thumb hole works for 38mm lol

    Posted: 04 Oct 2019 07:28 AM PDT

    Idk what my watch is doing but it’s very strange

    Posted: 04 Oct 2019 10:27 PM PDT

    I changed my friend's watch face from her phone, this is what she saw the next time she looked at the time.

    Posted: 04 Oct 2019 08:41 PM PDT

    Round California, orange, cream and blue

    Posted: 04 Oct 2019 10:02 PM PDT

    Some question about Apple Watch

    Posted: 05 Oct 2019 03:22 AM PDT

    Im considering buying myself an S5 of the Apple Watch with steel and cell but have some question about its durability and usage.

    1) First of all, is someone using the Apple Watch instead of their phone when training or just going out for a shorter period, and how satisfied are you with how you can text with it? The thing is I really like the tought of leaving my phone at home when going for a walk or when training. But I do mostly strength training and like to use my phone between the set for chatting, scrolling to Instagram etc. Ive seen that there is a Instagram app that looks okay, but how is messenger working for you guys? Is it annoying to have a conversation from the AW or is this something that is alright when getting used to it? PS: I dont want to use Siri for this. Does even Messenger have a good app?

    As far as I know there is no snapchat app yet, which I think is a bit bad, altough I get why, as it has no camera. But I think it would be cool with a snapchat app where everytime you took a photo, you just got a black photo (because no camera) and then were able to write text in it.

    2) I want the stainless steel version with the milanese loop, and wondering if it will be okay in the shower with the steel band? Also the steel watch itself will be alright in water I guess?

    3) How durable is the sapphire glass on the steel version vs the glass on the aliminium versions? Is it mostly at scratches it has it strengths, or will it also be harder to break? Does somebody have some experience with this?

    Anything else you think is good to know, tell me!

    submitted by /u/fenrixw
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel