• Breaking News

    Saturday, October 5, 2019

    Apple iOS [iOS 13] Siri now automatically calls somebody on speaker if you do not have the phone on your ear

    Apple iOS [iOS 13] Siri now automatically calls somebody on speaker if you do not have the phone on your ear


    [iOS 13] Siri now automatically calls somebody on speaker if you do not have the phone on your ear

    Posted: 04 Oct 2019 10:56 PM PDT

    I ask Siri to make phone calls a lot and I just noticed it'll decide automatically whether to call via speaker phone depending on the proximity sensor and/or if you used "Hey Siri" or the side button.

    I'm pretty sure this is new to iOS 13. Correct me if I'm wrong.

    submitted by /u/Xanthon
    [link] [comments]

    [Tip] Bypass Face ID animation to get to the pin screen faster

    Posted: 04 Oct 2019 11:18 PM PDT

    I've never seen this mentioned anywhere and recently stumbled onto this by accident. If you tap the Face ID text while your phone is doing the looking for your face animation it will instantly show the enter pin screen. This is great when your phone is lying flat or just having trouble recognizing you.

    submitted by /u/amartko8
    [link] [comments]

    There’s a lot I like about iOS 13 but what have they done to the mail app?! They’ve removed all of the icons when you’re viewing an email, giving it that weird empty space at the bottom of the screen and making it take longer to move a message into a different folder (e.g. this junk one)

    Posted: 05 Oct 2019 03:38 AM PDT

    Haptic Touch Speed

    Posted: 04 Oct 2019 03:21 PM PDT

    Don’t remember this being discussed. Third party call in recents now (iOS 13).

    Posted: 05 Oct 2019 06:34 AM PDT

    iOS devices can now function as adapters for using Xbox One controllers on a PS4

    Posted: 05 Oct 2019 08:01 AM PDT

    The Xbox One controller is generally better regarded than the PS4 one. That has spawned some products that allow you to use the former on a PS4 via USB. These products are however quite pricey.

    Turns out, with iOS 13, an iOS device can do the same thing. There's Xbox One (v2 with Bluetooth) controller support in iOS now, and there's an official PS4 remote play app that works with it. Combine the two, and you have an Xbox controller controlling a PS4. Your TV can still display the gameplay even if connected via remote play, so it's perfectly possible to just use the iOS device and remote play to get the Xbox controller working.

    I have about 10 hours of playing Borderlands 3 with this method under my belt now, and it...well, works. On my setup - PS4 Pro connected via Ethernet to a decent router and iPad Pro 10.5" connected to router via Wifi - the controller latency (video latency doesn't matter) isn't noticeably different from just using the native controller. In fact I find it much easier to aim in BL3 now due to the better controller. I've had "stuck input" for half a second perhaps 3 times in those 10 hours, and that was before I rebooted the iPad for "general iOS 13-ness". YMMV.

    The biggest issue is that the touchpad isn't mapped to anything on the Xbox controller, requiring touch screen input. That can be annoying depending on the game.

    submitted by /u/Canatee
    [link] [comments]

    Free app to autosync photos to NAS

    Posted: 05 Oct 2019 05:37 AM PDT

    Are there any free apps which will sync my photos to my home network every night automatically?

    submitted by /u/MrRabbit003
    [link] [comments]

    An unexpectedly insightful addition to the iOS UX.

    Posted: 04 Oct 2019 08:43 PM PDT

    The irony

    Posted: 05 Oct 2019 12:04 AM PDT

    Is it possible to somehow download the HQ version of the memoji profile picture you set up for your account through iMessage?

    Posted: 05 Oct 2019 02:04 AM PDT

    I want to use it as a profile picture on other messaging apps as well. Thanks in advance! 😇

    submitted by /u/fatality789
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone automatically plays 2nd live photo when 1st finishes if they were taken right after another..

    Posted: 05 Oct 2019 01:28 AM PDT

    Why is iOS 6 only still signed on the iPhone 4s and iPad 2?

    Posted: 05 Oct 2019 05:08 AM PDT

    Don't get me wrong, I do think it's cool that iOS 6.1.3 is still signed for these two devices, but why not all devices that were ruined by iOS 9. I think anyone can agree that every device with an A5 SoC (iPad 3, iPad mini, iPod Touch 5) was made nearly, if not totally, unusable with the iOS 9 update, but only two of them are allowed to downgrade.

    Anyway, sorry for the strange rant. I Just had kind of pondered the question for a while and I figured I'd ask.

    submitted by /u/ethannn2022
    [link] [comments]

    [Help] How do I delete multiple photos at once from iMessage user info section on iOS 13?

    Posted: 05 Oct 2019 02:30 AM PDT

    On iOS 12, there was an option where I could go to any iMessage thread, click on the user photo, click "info" and see all the photos and other attachments which were exchanged. This is still here in iOS 13. But on 12, I could long press a photo and select "More..." option and select multiple photos from that thread all in one place and either save or delete them. Since long press is replaced with this shitty "haptic touch" (which ruined my 3D touch), how do I delete multiple photos from a iMessage thread all at once, or even save them to my photo gallery?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/post_depression
    [link] [comments]

    iCloud Drive files app shows full even when I empty the deleted folder.

    Posted: 05 Oct 2019 07:36 AM PDT

    Hello all and thanks for reading. I want to make this quick so basically my iCloud Drive is full (5gb) although when I delete the files and then go to the deleted folder to permanently remove the item, it still shows that the storage is full.

    I don't use the iCloud Drive for anything other than saving game saves manually, artwork and GarageBand files. I don't use it for backups or syncing (I hardwire to pc for that).

    So just to clarify, I have a Few folders with artwork and saved game data. But even though I delete and then remove from the deleted folder, I'm still shown iCloud Drive full.

    Have been into settings and turned off any app that requests iCloud storage.

    I'd be really grateful for any help at all please .

    N.b. Using latest iOS on iPad Pro .

    submitted by /u/TheBadBadBen
    [link] [comments]

    Exporting live truedepth data

    Posted: 05 Oct 2019 07:21 AM PDT

    Hi !

    I'm currently looking for an app or any way to export live truedepth data to a PC to then work on it. Does anyone knows if it is feasible ?

    Thanks !

    submitted by /u/Mar_ce
    [link] [comments]

    Apple Store Loop?

    Posted: 05 Oct 2019 07:15 AM PDT

    Just updated to IOS 13.1.2. When I open the Apple Store it says an update is needed. If I click the update button it opens Safari and there is a message that says "This app is not compatible with this device." A the top is a bar that says "This app is already installed" and an "Open" button, but when I click that it starts the loop over again. I'm not an apple person, my kids use this and after some Googling, I'm not seeing anything that comes close to this issue. If it's been brought up already sorry. Maybe it's a setting that isn't turned on. I see that the old "App store" is now gone.

    submitted by /u/fragglepated
    [link] [comments]

    Is it normal that with the nee iPadOS 13 upgrade I have to agree to a new license/user agreement? I dont think I got such a window/popup when regularly updating iOS 11-12

    Posted: 05 Oct 2019 06:36 AM PDT

    iOS 13 Notifcation Issues

    Posted: 05 Oct 2019 05:32 AM PDT

    After downloading iOS 13 to my iPhone XS Max a plethora of problems have started to occur on my phone. I am on the latest software, 13.1.2, and I have already restored the software to fix the issue.

    The issue is that multiple different apps, especially Messages, have not been pushing notifications to my phone. For instance, when I woke up this morning I checked my phone and my home screen had no messages so I went back to bed. Turns out my boss was texting me about something, it wasn't important but I didn't see it until I opened my phone to the home screen and the messages were there.

    There have been times where notifications will come in almost 30-45 minutes late.

    Is anyone else having this issue? What's going on?

    submitted by /u/Exodus_Euphoria
    [link] [comments]

    Is it possible to share photos between two iClouds?

    Posted: 04 Oct 2019 11:20 PM PDT

    Restore deleted messages

    Posted: 05 Oct 2019 12:49 AM PDT

    I have accidentally deleted all the messages in a particular conversation on my iPhone, and I'd like to retrieve them, but I'm finding some trouble.

    • Messages are synced with iCloud, so the conversation was deleted on all of my iDevices.
    • I have already restored from the most recent iCloud backup, but the conversation is not there.
    • I can't restore from a Computer backup because the most recent one was made with a previous iOS version, and iTunes says an error occurred while restoring the backup.
    • I was able to restore the conversations on my MacBook from the ~/Library/Containers/com.apple.iChat/Data/Library/Messages directory with TimeMachine, but the conversations are not syncing with the iPhone, even if I push the Sync Now button on the Mac.

    Are there other ways to resolve my problem?

    submitted by /u/avalloneandrea
    [link] [comments]

    How good is the app backup in ios?

    Posted: 05 Oct 2019 04:20 AM PDT

    Hi all,

    I'm an Android user looking to switch to an iPhone soon.

    The most important feature for me on (rooted) Android is the ability to back up all of my apps including their data. Android has a built in feature for that, but in my experience it's not backing up everything so some app data might be lost if I factory reset my phone.

    My questin is, how good is this feature in Itunes backups? Does it save all app data or some might be lost?

    Thank you.

    submitted by /u/TaylorSammy
    [link] [comments]

    iOS app to custom voice recording for an iPhone alarm?

    Posted: 05 Oct 2019 03:56 AM PDT

    is there a way I can play a custom voice recording as an alarm using an iPhone?

    For example if I record a task list and set it as an alarm for the next morning - is this possible via an iOS app?

    Also, taking it a step further - is it possible to play playlist as an alarm and can I record a custom voice recording as one of the 'tracks' on the alarm? or can Google Assistant (or Siri) do this?

    submitted by /u/CluggaBerry
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel