• Breaking News

    Saturday, October 5, 2019

    Apple Macbook Reseting SMC everyday on a new logic board

    Apple Macbook Reseting SMC everyday on a new logic board


    Reseting SMC everyday on a new logic board

    Posted: 05 Oct 2019 11:05 PM PDT

    Hi everyone, so last week I got my MBP 2017 back after replacing the logic board, display, battery and keyboard. Thankfully I had extended insurance (not AppleCare) which covered the logic board, when Apple then said they also need to replace the display, I argued with them and the insurance has expired and it's their fault for not diagnosing the problem soon enough, they agreed to cover it. Now, I basically have a new laptop but the problem which started the logic board failure has come back, the battery won't charge and I have to reset the SMC everyday. Any ideas why this is happening?

    submitted by /u/dani7899
    [link] [comments]

    Brand-new 2019 MacBook Pro (two thunderbolts, 256GB SSD) seems to lose battery quickly. Expected/just calibration?

    Posted: 05 Oct 2019 09:25 AM PDT

    Hi all!

    Just yesterday purchased a 2019 MBP with 256GB SSD, and I'm in love. But! This morning (having left it plugged in all night, so beginning with 100% charge), and having it on for 25 minutes so far--only doing a system update this morning and having Safari open, it's already down to 88%. I know machines sometimes use their very beginning battery cycles just to calibrate the battery, and shorter battery life is normal at first. Just wanted to check in to see if there's any insight from you all!

    I have noticed in Activity Monitor that the expected time remaining has gone steadily up over these few minutes, now hovering at 6:30 left. Even so, I like to be safe (meaning ask Reddit) than sorry.

    submitted by /u/SweetFruityKindOfSad
    [link] [comments]

    How to prevent new Macbook air 13" from losing battery so quickly?

    Posted: 05 Oct 2019 07:00 PM PDT

    I've had my newer Macbook Air for months now. I had the older model as well. The older model never seemed to drain as fast as the newer one. I have an iCloud with lots of documents and pictures. Does that matter? I am not an expert on these laptops at all, so if there is anything I can do to fix it please leave a bit of a detailed explanation. Thank you!

    submitted by /u/SutoresuNeko
    [link] [comments]

    Should I sell this?

    Posted: 05 Oct 2019 04:50 PM PDT

    Hi all, I have a 15" Macbook Pro Retina from Mid 2015 that has 2.5 Ghz Intel i7 and 512 GB SSD and 16 GB RAM and AMD Radeon R9 and Intel Iris Graphics, but I don't know if I should sell it. The most I've been offered is $800 but I feel it's worth $900. I am trying to get a 2018 Macbook Pro with an Intel i9. Should I upgrade?

    submitted by /u/finicular
    [link] [comments]

    Spilled coffee on my MacBook Air (2018), across the keyboard. Please help!

    Posted: 05 Oct 2019 04:47 PM PDT

    I turned it off and kept it upside down on a towel. But it turned on twice by mistake (cause the keys got pressed). My laptop is only a month old and I don't think I can afford a replacement 😭 It is currently kept switched off upside down. What should I do? Any tips?

    submitted by /u/BreakfastAndCake
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook pro won't turn on

    Posted: 05 Oct 2019 04:39 PM PDT

    So long story short my macbook was very dirty so I opened to get the lint out of the fans. (as I've done before) I disconnected the battery and once i was done I connected it back. But when I press the power button only the fans spin but nothing on screen. I reacts to smc reset but no reaction to nvram? Reset.

    I have held the power button for about a min or two.

    As expected Apple said they wanted to change the logic board for $750 cad.

    They had reported the liquid sensors to be triggered in 2016 but it had worked fine.

    How possible is it the logic board has gone bad just by cleaning the fans and disconnecting the battery?

    What other troubleshooting can i do before I replace the logic board (getting a refurbished for 500 cad.)

    submitted by /u/Brainyface
    [link] [comments]

    help! My keyboard randomly stops working (details in post)

    Posted: 05 Oct 2019 10:28 AM PDT

    Hi and thanks in advance. I have a 2016 macbook pro 13" touchbar and recently the keyboard has randomly stopped working. It comes and goes. Some times it's fine for seconds, other times hours. I can't seem to find any pattern. It all still lights up, even when it's unresponsive and the trackpad and touchbar is fine.

    The laptop is all up-to-date etc.

    Has anyone experienced this? How likely is it to be hardware or software?

    Any help or advice will be hugely appreciated.

    submitted by /u/jamiethecoles
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook Overheating even in instagram

    Posted: 05 Oct 2019 10:52 AM PDT

    .I bought Macbook 2 years ago and was working perfectly. but suddenly starts be bad. It has only been getting worse, used to drop till 25 fps while playing games, then went to 5 fps during games, and now is to the point where if I browse the internet from 5-10 minutes, it just overheats and throttles to where I can't continue to do anything. The source of the heat seems to be along the top of the laptop, where the touch bar is placed on the newer models.
    Do you have any suggestions on if I should open it up and check the heat sink and all that? Or anything else that you think would help/solve this problem would be greatly appreciated.

    I tried to reset the computer, delete all stuff, check the fans and I did diagnostic but says nothing

    Specs - Macbook Pro -15 inch (Mid 2015) - i7 (2.5ghz) , 16 GB memory

    submitted by /u/defraides
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone have an OS X Mavericks installer

    Posted: 05 Oct 2019 02:25 PM PDT

    I have a Macbook (Mid 2009) that gets extremely slow on any macOS made after Yosemite so I need a Mavericks installer.

    submitted by /u/Rodin18
    [link] [comments]

    2019 Keyboards - Any Problems?

    Posted: 05 Oct 2019 10:35 AM PDT

    Looking to finally replace my 2013 Macbook Air.

    Are there any problems with the keyboards, as has been the case for some time?

    Or did Apple *finally* fix the problem?

    Would appreciate any insight!

    submitted by /u/eddyeagal
    [link] [comments]

    Charging MacBook Air 2018

    Posted: 05 Oct 2019 02:06 PM PDT

    I have just recently purchased a USB-A to USB-C connector, but it is not charging my MacBook air. I have tried both USB C ports and have used different Power Bricks, 5w and 15w variants. Is the MacBook Air chargeable through this cable?

    submitted by /u/Jishie
    [link] [comments]

    Battery Issue

    Posted: 05 Oct 2019 06:50 AM PDT

    Hey guys, hope you're alright.

    My MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2017, Two Thunderbolt 3 ports) keeps losing battery when in sleep mode. Like, overnight, unless I completely shut it down or leave it charging, I'll wake up the next morning and it'll show that annoying symbol that shows it has no battery and needs to be charged. Any suggestions? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/ffsFads
    [link] [comments]

    2015 screen issue rant. difference in processors from 2015 to 2019

    Posted: 05 Oct 2019 09:21 AM PDT

    I have a 2015 macbook pro. Screen started delaminating. Found out there were known issues and apple replaced those. My serial number fell under that, but it was past three years so they won't replace mine and I would have to pay for a new screen. Super disappointed that it is my fault because it is after three years even though it was a known issue.

    It makes me not want to ever buy a computer from Apple again. Unfortunately I find their computers far superior than windows.

    Now that my rant is over I will get to my question.

    Is there much improvement between my 2015 2.9 GHz Intel Core i5 (it doesn't show the generation) and.....

    1. A 2019 1.4GHz quad-core 8th-generation Intel Core i5
    2. 2.4GHz quad-core 8th-generation Intel Core i5 processor

    Basically don't want to buy a new computer if processing is same and the only difference is fixing a crappy screen that I can at least still see.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/funkyfryguy
    [link] [comments]

    Is it possible to backlit light up via command line?

    Posted: 05 Oct 2019 04:01 AM PDT

    I have a MacBook Air 2012 and the key F6 (backlit light up) isn`t working anymore but F5 (backlit light down) is working and accidentally turn all the light down

    Is it possible to light up without pressing F6?

    submitted by /u/leozinmarques
    [link] [comments]

    Magic Mouse and Keyboard paired but not working with Windows 10 Bootcamp partition

    Posted: 05 Oct 2019 03:41 AM PDT

    The Google-Fu is not helping me address this issue. I do have the bootcamp drivers installed. Any links or hints are appreciated.

    MacBook Pro on Mojave (updated to current), Windows updated to current. My keyboard and mouse are close to 10 years old, so I don't know if that would cause the issue (I can't see why though, the protocols should be the same).

    submitted by /u/samuraiJWL
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel