• Breaking News

    Saturday, October 5, 2019

    Apple Help What’s the difference between these two?

    Apple Help What’s the difference between these two?


    What’s the difference between these two?

    Posted: 05 Oct 2019 11:20 AM PDT

    Brand new charging case started doing this

    Posted: 05 Oct 2019 03:53 PM PDT

    Please help find the time stamp for safari history, version 12.1.2 MacBook (Retina, 12-inch, Early 2015), Mojave

    Posted: 05 Oct 2019 08:20 PM PDT

    Please, I'd be very grateful if someone told me how to find the time stamps for safari history, version 12.1.2 MacBook (Retina, 12-inch, Early 2015), Mojave. Other posts mention going to a library folder but I cannot see mine.

    submitted by /u/afrosamiri
    [link] [comments]

    Trying to use iTunes with iPhone, already downloaded update but still won't work?

    Posted: 05 Oct 2019 08:09 PM PDT

    Calendar deleting random events

    Posted: 05 Oct 2019 06:40 PM PDT

    Sync all is selected, all my calendars are selected (home, work, calendar etc) but I've just discovered that a bunch of events from 2017 have disappeared, while others for the same days remain. This is massively concerning, as my calendar is all I've used for years to log important and not so important events. I'm now wondering what else is gone...

    How do I get everything back and stop this happening again? It's an up to date iPhone 8, and I've checked my old 6 and iCloud on the Mac to no avail.

    submitted by /u/TheFugitiveSock
    [link] [comments]

    Safe to charge Apple Watch 5 with Apple Watch 0 charger?

    Posted: 05 Oct 2019 05:45 PM PDT

    AirPods v2

    Posted: 05 Oct 2019 09:29 PM PDT

    Debating wether I want to buy these or not. I want to use them mainly for phone calls for driving at work. Is the sound quality comparable to the wired ones?

    submitted by /u/HuckFobbits
    [link] [comments]

    iPod Classic 6th gen giving me -50 error on some songs

    Posted: 05 Oct 2019 05:24 PM PDT

    So I bought a second-hand iPod because my current iPod was sadly washed in the washing machine, and my backup iPod is only 8G.

    Note, this iPod has been giving me issues in the beginning, needing to be formatted a few times before it finally started working on its own again. The error I get is; "iTunes could not copy [song] to the iPod because an unknown error (-50) occurred."

    submitted by /u/QuillPenMonster
    [link] [comments]

    disable Bluetooth paired devices until needed?

    Posted: 05 Oct 2019 09:04 PM PDT

    Okay so I just got an apple watch series 3 and love it, however something I used to always do is currently getting in the way (not too big of a deal but annoying). So I also have an Audi that is essentially a shared family car. I have it hooked up to my bluetooth when im using it. However, when I am not driving it, I obv. dont want this thing paired because it does alot of annoying things like automatically put my call through speakers of the car and mess with the sound etc. the way I would get around this would be to simply just disable bluetooth. Now with my apple watch I cannot do that, because that just defeats all its purpose since I cannot get notifs without it.

    I recently disaocvered I could just click "disconnect" on bluetooth when it pairs on the car and im not driving. However, I was wondering if there is any type of "stay disconnected until I want to enable it" option?

    submitted by /u/Zalgo165
    [link] [comments]

    How to swipe double letters?

    Posted: 05 Oct 2019 08:53 PM PDT

    So far I'm loving swipe-to-type because it's increased my typing speed significantly, both on my iPad Pro and iPhone X (both 2017). But I'm confused about typing words with and without double letters.

    For example, there's seemingly no way to differentiate To vs. Too, or Ad vs. Add, using swipe alone. Is there any way to correctly enter these words on the first try?

    (Also, text replacement wouldn't work in this situation because I don't know how to swipe double letters in the first place, and these are all real words that I use frequently.)

    submitted by /u/pean-jeuc-licard
    [link] [comments]

    Youtube not loading?

    Posted: 05 Oct 2019 08:13 PM PDT

    2013 macbook air, 2018 iMac. Safari. Youtube doesn't load. Videos play fine on other websites, like reddit, for example. One machine is for work and has nothing to do with the other. Both still running Mojave.

    Anyone else have this issue?

    submitted by /u/jetmech09
    [link] [comments]

    Bank said it’s not declining any payment, but it’s not letting me add funds to Apple Cash Card. There is sufficient funds and billing address is correct.

    Posted: 05 Oct 2019 08:07 PM PDT

    Is it my AirPods or my Phone?

    Posted: 05 Oct 2019 07:23 PM PDT

    Okay, so I have iPhone 6 that's running on the 12.4.2 version. Each time I connect my AirPods to it and listen to music or watch videos, the sound will cut out when I move my phone or even turn my head a certain way. But I tested them on my MacBook Air and had no issues. I've connected and reconnected them, restarted my phone and even cleaned the AirPods but I'm still having this issue. I have already contacted support twice to get two different opinions, and they recommend getting a replacement. My AirPods are about less than a year old. So I'm curious which piece of hardware is on its way out, my phone or the AirPods? Any piece of advice is appreciated.

    submitted by /u/KiaMoon1
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone connecting and disconnecting repeatedly when plugged into Macbook Air

    Posted: 05 Oct 2019 03:33 PM PDT

    I have an iPhone 7 running iOS 13.1 and a Macbook Air (Early 2015) running macOS Sierra (10.12.6).

    I have looked everywhere for a solution and either nothing works, or I'm unable to do it as I don't have admin rights on my Mac. I am unable to update the Mac as it is a school laptop and IT has blocked the update from running. I have tried many different cables, resetting location and privacy settings on my phone, restarting the phone, killing the usbd process in Activity Manager (unable to due to no admin rights), trying different ports on the Mac, cleaning the ports on both the phone and laptop and charging my phone to 100% before trying to connect to the laptop. I cannot access Terminal and I doubt my schools IT department would help.

    This has only happened in the last month, as I was able to back my phone up before updating to the iOS 13 beta. Any help would be appreciated.

    EDIT: After repeating some of the methods above, it worked.

    submitted by /u/BoondaProductions
    [link] [comments]

    Unable to edit pdf’s in mail

    Posted: 05 Oct 2019 01:17 PM PDT

    Ever since I updated my iPhone 8 to iOS 13, I can no longer update pdf's. Whenever I try now, it always brings a pop up saying that they're locked and I news the password. Before I updated, I could easily edit/write on these pdfs no problem.

    Is this some new security feature? Its very inconvenient for me, now I have to use my MacBook for sending and receiving pdf files for work.

    submitted by /u/Bodrell
    [link] [comments]

    DAC dongle

    Posted: 05 Oct 2019 07:08 PM PDT

    I use the 3.5-lightning dongle to connect my headphones to my iPhone. My problem is that the dongle is fragile and bends in all directions under the weight of the 3.5mm socket and jack. I'm sure it's eventually going to break one day, sooner than later. How are others dealing with the situation? Just buy a new dongle when this one breaks ?

    submitted by /u/mnemonikerific
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 11 Pro keeps losing service on T-Mobile

    Posted: 05 Oct 2019 06:37 PM PDT

    This problem started today, I'm sitting in my home and iPhone keeps losing service. I tried restarting and resetting network settings

    Outside, it keeps going from LTE to 4G, when it should have solid LTE.

    submitted by /u/MR_CoolFreak
    [link] [comments]

    Got a new phone, and Messages not syncing properly

    Posted: 05 Oct 2019 02:22 PM PDT

    So I got a new iPhone 11, and I uploaded from a backup from my previous phone. Everything seemed to upload from it fine, except for Messages. Now, all of my messages from iCloud are there, but two things are wrong. First, some of the messages just end at "Read" and don't mention a time or date. Also, some messages that are just text messages, not iMessage, say "Read." Finally, when I click on the "Info" button at the top of the page, none of the photos sent from before don't show. Like, I can scroll up through the messages and find those specific photos when sent, but when I go to the tab where "Show All Photos" should be, the only photos that show up are the ones that I sent from my new phone. So if I send 5 photos to my friend right now form my new phone, those would show up in the "Info" tab, but none from the previous ones would show in that tab. Now, when I uncheck "Messages" from the iCloud page on Settings, it mentions that it's still downloading messages. So I go to Messages, and it says "Downloading iCloud Messages" and shows a grey bar. That is, if it is in the charger. When it's not in the charger, it mentions that uploading has paused. However, it's been stuck at "Downloading iCloud messages" at that same grey bar and with the same situation with the messages and images for at least 12 hours. I've tried resetting network settings, and I've tried unchecking and checking Messages in the iCloud page in settings, and neither worked. How can I fix this?

    submitted by /u/WazzaShrek
    [link] [comments]

    Song playcounts not updating in IOS 13

    Posted: 05 Oct 2019 06:06 PM PDT

    Can anyone else confirm this issue?

    I play a song on my phone and check the playcount using either Cesium (iOS music player app) or by syncing my phone to iTunes (latest Mojave release) and checking there, but the playcount and the last played date don't change.

    This is all with local music, and I don't have Apple Music.

    I've tried restoring my phone from backup and re-syncing all my music to no avail.

    submitted by /u/doymand
    [link] [comments]

    Apps keeps getting signed out

    Posted: 05 Oct 2019 02:16 PM PDT

    Why does the apps keeps logging me out? This happens randomly

    submitted by /u/terryjohnson16
    [link] [comments]

    I added an mp3 to my iTunes and then synced to my iPhone but my mp3 isn't showing up at all... any ideas?

    Posted: 05 Oct 2019 12:02 PM PDT

    Thank you

    submitted by /u/MattPilkerson
    [link] [comments]

    Says insufficient funds when I have the exact amount required.

    Posted: 05 Oct 2019 05:58 PM PDT

    I wanted to purchase an app that cost $10.99 CAD and I had 99 cents on my account already. So I purchased a 10 dollar iTunes gift card so now my account balance is 10.99. When I tried to purchase the app a notification came up that told me that I had "insufficient funds" and that I would need to add more. Wtf apple. Anyone know what I can do

    submitted by /u/Wolfeboy19
    [link] [comments]

    Accidentally added Apple Funds to wrong account.

    Posted: 05 Oct 2019 05:34 PM PDT

    I accidentally added some money from a gift card into a side apple account that I use to download games from the Japanese App Store. I want to make an in-app purchase with the money. If I buy it with my side account, will the content still be available when I switch back to my main account?

    submitted by /u/myrdath
    [link] [comments]

    Never set a 'login' password, but still being asked for it?

    Posted: 05 Oct 2019 05:19 PM PDT

    I recently created a new user (admin) on my 2014 Mac mini (macOS Mojave), with no password for the purpose of backing up an iPhone for a family member. I keep getting prompted for a login password for the backup and when I go to Users in the System Preferences to make changes, I get the same prompt. Is there some kind of default password used for an admin user account that never had a password set?

    I tried the password for my other admin account but it didn't work. I also tried the iTunes/iCloud login connected to this user but it didn't work either. When I restart the computer and click on the user, I have never been prompted for a password since creating the account so I know I never set one. Any reason why I could be seeing this?

    submitted by /u/migs5
    [link] [comments]

    Poor college student looking for tips

    Posted: 05 Oct 2019 05:08 PM PDT

    Hi Apple Reddit,

    I just bought an iPad 7 and am mainly going to use it for notetaking and research at school so I can have all my notes and documents in one place. I didn't realize the iPencil did not come with the purchase. I'm trying to avoid spending another $100 so just wondering..

    Did Apple make it so only Apple Pens work with iPad or can I buy a pen from a different vendor that syncs to iPad and allows me to write on it?

    Looking forward to your replies,

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/jmoinla
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel