• Breaking News

    Sunday, October 20, 2019

    Apple Help Repair Options for MacBook Air (13-Inch, Early 2014)

    Apple Help Repair Options for MacBook Air (13-Inch, Early 2014)


    Repair Options for MacBook Air (13-Inch, Early 2014)

    Posted: 20 Oct 2019 02:11 PM PDT

    Is Apple going to release a patch that will allow you to sync music directly from Apple music to a device?

    Posted: 20 Oct 2019 05:59 PM PDT

    I'm getting really annoyed at Catalina not letting me sync a newly downloaded song from Music to my iPhone, and this Finder sync I'm concerned will just further complicate things because it won't let me manually manage my music. Any suggestions on how I can work around this?

    submitted by /u/giobbistar21
    [link] [comments]

    What New Laptop Do You Recommend?

    Posted: 20 Oct 2019 05:38 PM PDT

    Hello Apple fans! I have an old laptop, and I am contemplating upgrading. I would love to hear your ideas!

    I am a very casual user. Web browsing, video watching, ect. For years, my old laptop has done just fine. I have a 13" Aluminum Laptop. How old you ask? Well, it's from late 2008. Yup, this thing has run pretty much flawlessly for more than a decade. I upgraded the hardware a little (Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, Memory 8 GB 1067 MHz DDR3) and updated the OS a little bit (Software Mac OS X Lion 10.7.5 (11G63)). I replaced the battery once (very easy, since this model they just unclip).

    The only real reason I am looking for a new laptop is that I can't upgrade to what's current, and so I can't seem to use Netflix or Google Flights to their fullest anymore. And the trackpad is getting a little insensitive. I tried to upgrade past Lion, but lost all my pictures. After a freakout and a restore from backup, I was afraid to upgrade any more. And now the OS is way past what it says my laptop can run. Sad face.

    I like that this laptop has a very fast wake up time from sleep, as I flip it open every morning. I like that it has run so simply, and that there were a few things I could tinker on myself (battery and RAM). I understand the new laptops no longer allow much tinkering. I like being able to play a disc on it, but honestly I haven't done that much in the last few years.

    My question for the Apple experts is what sort of laptop would you recommend for a casual user like me, who just wants to get current on a budget?

    Thanks very much for your time!

    Edit: Thank you so much for the advice! I have a few things to learn about converting iPhoto libraries, and a few good clues about removable and non-removeable batteries. Thank you all!

    submitted by /u/arrived_on_fire
    [link] [comments]

    Animoji’s shaking. Any reason why?

    Posted: 20 Oct 2019 09:16 PM PDT

    Just got the new iPhone 11 pro max and my Animoji's keep shaking. My brother got the iPhone 11 pro and has no issues with it. He also hasn't updated his phone yet, and I have. Is it a hardware issue or an issue with the newest update? (13.1.3)

    Also, I've let others try it as well and their faces cause it to shake as well.

    Edit: I'm on 13.1.3 not 13.0.3. Sorry.

    submitted by /u/Freshsqueezedpaint
    [link] [comments]

    Camera streaks? (iPhone XR) (Doesn’t occur on Halide and third party camera apps)

    Posted: 20 Oct 2019 03:32 AM PDT

    Annoying Mail App bug...

    Posted: 20 Oct 2019 06:07 PM PDT

    First i know there are a heap off bugs in IOS 13 and i am now on the latest 13.1.3 update on my phone.

    But the thing that drives me crazy/insane is my Mail notifications. I get a mail,notification pops up on the home screen i open it and the notification just keeps spinning with a giant "loading" preview on it and it seems that the "loading" message takes forever en does not go away.

    I tried erassing mail accounts by closing the Mail App in the Taskbar first and then erassing the Mail Accounts. I have 2 accounts (one work,en the regular ICloud mail account.) Deleting and re-install the Mail App. Even went as far as factory resetting my IPhone 💁. I even thought the standard ICloud Mail Account was responsible for this behaivor so i switched "Mail" in ICloud settings to off.

    Whatever i tryed to do Mail Notification does not work or load properly its always stuck on "loading" when i press to open it. Also no help from the guys at the Genius Bar they tried about everything i tried except going full DFU-Reset.

    Mails are coming in just fine but notifications are buggy as hell. Weird thing is notifications for IMessage,Text,Whatsapp,missed calls are working fine just Mail not.

    Any fix for this aside going for a DFU-mode?

    Thanks for any tips or solutions!

    submitted by /u/RoseFlowerPrincess
    [link] [comments]

    problem with App Store location New Zealand To America (IPhone 11, IOS 13.1.2)

    Posted: 20 Oct 2019 07:49 PM PDT

    Tried to reset and restore phone, doesn't work

    Posted: 20 Oct 2019 09:52 PM PDT

    I inherited a phone from a family member. I pressed reset everything. I did the whole process of resetting it and restoring my information from my old phone on to the inherited one. When I turned it on, it has me in the settings but still has all the previous information in it. It even asked for the previous owner's Apple ID. Why did it not reset all of the information?

    submitted by /u/livingtheloserlife
    [link] [comments]

    How to save videos to iPhone WITH sound?

    Posted: 20 Oct 2019 03:46 PM PDT

    Reddit and other great sources - no chance to save the video with sound, always silent movies. Thanks God, they left them colored. Any solutions help!

    submitted by /u/Turbopowerd
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone XR screenshots are blurry/pixelated when sent in iMessage

    Posted: 20 Oct 2019 06:39 PM PDT

    My friends have told me that whenever I send them a screenshot, they can't read it because it's so blurry. I have low-image quality "off" in settings. I just got my iPhone XR, and those who I'm texting who reported the blurry screenshots also have iPhone XRs.

    They're not blurry in my camera roll, just when I send them they become very blurry/pixelated and I'm not sure why?

    submitted by /u/poo420
    [link] [comments]

    Apple TV 4K with Apple +?

    Posted: 20 Oct 2019 07:12 PM PDT

    I just got an Apple TV 4K and I thought there was a promotion where you get a month free of Apple TV + when it's released. Does anyone know how to redeem this when the time comes? Thanks

    submitted by /u/BoarderBoyD
    [link] [comments]

    What are good, free/cheap alternative video editors that allow you to export to specific bitrates like Quicktime 7 Pro?

    Posted: 20 Oct 2019 03:07 PM PDT

    Quicktime 7 Pro is literally the only app that I can't leave behind. iMovie is fine but it limits your exports with presets that many times REDUCE your source material's bitrate. If you use prosource, it leaves it as an MOV container instead of whatever you want like MP4.

    https://www.macworld.com/article/3268969/quicktime-player-7-goodbye-to-apples-brushed-metal-dinosaur.html

    https://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/362402/alternatives-to-quicktime-7-for-making-simple-edits-without-re-encoding

    https://mjtsai.com/blog/2019/03/26/goodbye-quicktime-7-and-jpeg-2000/

    https://www.provideocoalition.com/quicktimes-death-means-time-switch/

    You can export and fine tune export / encode bitrates with handbrake/vlc but not do edits.

    I don't mind leaving QT7 Pro but these specifying bitrates and quick edits are important to me. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/1541drive
    [link] [comments]

    Possible to get dark mode in Safari (iOS)?

    Posted: 20 Oct 2019 10:34 PM PDT

    Is it possible to get dark mode in Safari on iOS 13? It really burns my eyes when doing dark mode system wide in ios 13 and then opening the browser with so much white areas :)

    submitted by /u/GIFSec
    [link] [comments]

    Missing iCloud files/folder in Catalina

    Posted: 20 Oct 2019 10:01 PM PDT

    This has never happened in Mojave's before.

    Files or folders in iCloud simply don't show up in finder. I can see them in iCloud through safari but just can't in finder. Killed finder and restarted but still doesn't work. Anyone has ideas?

    submitted by /u/danny960831
    [link] [comments]

    Podcasts App iPod Podcast Playback Problems

    Posted: 20 Oct 2019 12:04 PM PDT

    Since upgrading to Catalina and the Podcasts app, I have two problems with my iPod:

    1. Podcast playback position is no longer remembered: If I pause a podcast then come back to it later after listening to something else, the podcast plays from the beginning instead of the position it was paused at, which it used to do under iTunes.
    2. Podcast authors are now included in the "Artists" section, meaning that when I shuffle artists or songs, podcasts are included with music, which they did not use to be.

    How can I restore the old behaviour?

    Details:I sync the iPod through the Finder and have checked the "Sync podcasts across devices" box. I have tried both manually syncing podcasts and automatically syncing "most recent unplayed of all podcasts" — same behaviour either way

    iPod Nano 6GMacbook Pro Early 2015Catalina 10.15

    submitted by /u/bleakthing
    [link] [comments]

    Help with bulk moving files / folders

    Posted: 20 Oct 2019 09:44 PM PDT

    Hello!

    I have a number files and folders that I need to move into their parents' parents' parents' folder. But I don't necessarily know the name of the folder they're in. Confused?

    This is what I'm starting with:

    FOLDER A\SUB FOLDER A1\SUB FOLDER A2\UNKNOWN FOLDER\Files and folders

    FOLDER B\SUB FOLDER B1\SUB FOLDER B2\UNKNOWN FOLDER\Files and folders

    FOLDER C\SUB FOLDER C1\SUB FOLDER C2\UNKNOWN FOLDER\Files and folders

    And this is where I want to get to:

    FOLDER A\Files and folders

    FOLDER B\Files and folders

    FOLDER C\Files and folders

    Does anyone know how I might accomplish this? :)

    Context:

    I have a bunch of old DOS games that had a DOSBox wrapper applied, so these all look like .app files in finder. However, that DOSBox wrapper doesn't work with Catalina, and I'm setting up a RetroPie anyway so want to consolidate the collection. So I've renamed all the top level folders to strip the .app from the name, and now I'm going into the Contents\Resources folder and grabbing the application's folder's contents and moving it up 3 levels.

    i.e. from:

    Mega Man (1990)\Contents\Resources\mm\*

    to

    Mega Man (1990)\*

    Moving all the contents of the Resources folder would be a good start, but I'd love to remove that final folder where I'm not sure what it's going to be named.

    Thanks!!

    submitted by /u/PhelanKell
    [link] [comments]

    My iPad Pro is bent. I know this is a common issue. Everything functions fine, no idea how it happened. Is this fixable, replaceable under warranty? Before I drive the hour and a half to the Apple store.

    Posted: 20 Oct 2019 11:03 AM PDT

    Album art not showing following update

    Posted: 20 Oct 2019 02:29 PM PDT

    My album art has not shown as transferrable for the majority of my songs following an update from itunes to apple music. Oddly enough, it seems like apple music is recognizing that the artwork is there, but it is not populating properly. I'm drawing this conclusion because I haven't made changes to my itunes media folder and it looks like the artwork is still being shown in the now playing section, but not alongside the songs in playlist view.

    Screenshot below to show this.

    https://ibb.co/DPdgPbw

    also this is a crosspost from r/applemusic

    submitted by /u/PulverizerMD
    [link] [comments]

    Typing just umlauts

    Posted: 20 Oct 2019 04:22 PM PDT

    I'd like to type out just umlauts, without the letter they're over, like ü but without the u. Is there any convenient way to do this on a MacBook?

    submitted by /u/MyLegsHurt0
    [link] [comments]

    Need help with 3rd iphone XR issues.

    Posted: 20 Oct 2019 12:20 PM PDT

    Oh how I miss my iphone 6 that I never had an issue with. Had to replace and upgrade to 10 XR in February due to my error of getting slightly hit with a wave. One month after my first brand new 10 I had a mountain of issues, wouldn't hold a charge, kept dropping calls and about 10 other problems, Apple genius bar promptly replace with another of the same phone. Two months later, almost the identical issues again, Apple again replaced with the same phone and had me install everything as a new phone, so hours to update to all my old apps... Now it has been 10 days and when I talk on the phone, the volume BLASTS with crackle almost making me deaf for no reason. Also, I feel like I am talking underwater with the echo in the voice. What would your solution be at this point, insist on an 11 or try my 4th 10 again?

    submitted by /u/lambchopscout
    [link] [comments]

    Question about macOS Sidecar feature

    Posted: 20 Oct 2019 07:48 PM PDT

    I am trying to decide which iPad to get. Does anyone know what is the Sidecar resolution on the 10.2 inch iPad? What about the iPad mini 5? Can these be scaled? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/octos4murai
    [link] [comments]

    My MacBook Pro 2015 cord is starting to fray where it connects tot he magnet...best way to fix/replace?

    Posted: 20 Oct 2019 01:49 PM PDT

    My MacBook Pro 2015 cord is starting to fray where it connects tot he magnet...best way to fix/replace? Do you think Apple would just give me a new one in a store? If not, what's the cheapest way to replace? Potential links? I imagine I need to replace the cord/box. Thank you!

    Any safe knock-off options? Link?

    submitted by /u/comments83820
    [link] [comments]

    Original Apple Watch Screen replacement

    Posted: 20 Oct 2019 01:41 PM PDT

    I own the very first apple watch. I broke the screen shortly after buying. At the time when I realized how expensive it would be replace the screen I just left it in a drawer. I'd like to repair it and gift it to someone but I'm having trouble finding where to get it repaired. Is it still a waste of money? It still turns on and works fine. Just has a smashed screen.
    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Fatticusss
    [link] [comments]

    New iPad extremely slow

    Posted: 20 Oct 2019 02:40 PM PDT

    Apple iPad (Wi-Fi, 32GB) - Gold (Previous Model) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CZMMQPM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_5jnRDbTD45HSC

    Link to the iPad. This was bought for my grandmother who only plays games and crossword puzzles.

    Set it up and about a couple days after the update with the light and dark mode option, her iPad became extremely slow. Would take 30 seconds to close an app or open it and games would not open. So I factory reset it. Was working perfect. I updated it all the way for her and it was fine. A few days later and today I get almost the same call. Few games work and it's really slow again.

    submitted by /u/gwreckz
    [link] [comments]

    Advice needed on upgrading Microsoft Office for Catalina

    Posted: 20 Oct 2019 05:11 PM PDT

    So Catalina won't support my version of Office for Mac (2011). That means I'm forced to upgrade to at least Office 365 which I can get at a discount of 30% through my work or pay $122 one time for Mac Office Home and Student.

    Frankly, I loath the idea of a subscription based. Just let me pay one price and let me own the software, damnit. I don't need the latest and greatest of any office software, at least on my personal computer. So I'm thinking about just paying $122 retail for Mac Office Home and Student one time.

    From my understanding, I'm only stuck in this bind because of changing from an OS that supports 32 bit to an OS that only supports 64 bit. As of right now, there are not any legitimate consumer 128 bit OS's in circulation. So this issue shouldn't reoccur for some time.l Therefore the one time purchase provides far more value to me.

    Am I thinking aobut htis correctly?

    submitted by /u/Steamy_afterbirth_
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel