• Breaking News

    Monday, October 21, 2019

    Apple Macbook New MacBook (Air 2019) owner, question about USB-C Charging

    Apple Macbook New MacBook (Air 2019) owner, question about USB-C Charging


    New MacBook (Air 2019) owner, question about USB-C Charging

    Posted: 20 Oct 2019 04:21 PM PDT

    I'll keep it simple; can you charge a MacBook Air 2019 with any USB-C charger? I had it plugged into a very standard low-wattage charger (basically just a phone charger, weaker than what comes with a Pixel device) and it charged to 100%, but then said it wasn't charging. I didn't notice or think much of it, so I unplugged it the next day and it said it was at 19%.

    I googled it but I was getting conflicting responses, so I figured I'd just check here.

    submitted by /u/_17chan
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook Core 2 Duo from 2009 plays start up chime and shows the Apple logo on screen then the screen goes black. Couldn't get help on /r/TechSupport

    Posted: 20 Oct 2019 11:19 AM PDT

    I bought a Apple MacBook "Core 2 Duo" 2.0 13" (White-09) 9 (specs here) knowing it would only boot into safemode but hoping it would be easy to repair. I recently tried updating it hoping that may do the trick but now I cannot even boot into safemode. The laptop still powers on to a chime and the Apple logo appears but nothing else appears to work.


    I have tried:

    • Disassembling and looking for something obvious like water damage

    • Resetting the PRAM

    • Shining a high power flashlight against the back of the screen to see if the inverter failed

    • Testing an external monitor using an HDMI adapter

    • Booting to a USB was interesting. I tried several options such as Puppy Linux (did not show up in boot options which could an issue on my end), FreeBSD (freezes during single user mode boot), and Debian with net install (gives me the boot options but when I select anything the text disappears but nothing else reappears)

    • Command + S for single user mode and fsck -fy


    I am thinking it has to be some form of failing hardware at this point considering it can't even boot into another OS. The screen seems fine because it can show the Apple logo, the GPU should be okay because I am not getting out of the ordinary colors or funky lines, and the battery is working. I am essentially trying every possible fix I come across. I feel like the next step may be trying to go through and replace individual components.


    EDIT: /u/GreenPurpleBroccoli found the answer it was an EFI issue! I found out TrueOS would work from there on a Wikipedia page and from there guessed that GhostBSD would work. GhostBSD is working just fine and I would like to thank everybody for their support you guys saved me a lot of headaches

    submitted by /u/TheAmazingJuicyBeast
    [link] [comments]

    SMC needs to be reset at least every week - 2019 MBP 13 inch

    Posted: 20 Oct 2019 10:54 PM PDT

    Hello fellow MacBook users!

    I recently (2 months ago) bought my first ever MacBook and the experience so far have been great, but I keep having to reset the SMC like every week or so. The first symptom is that the ports are not working and then it says it's charging even though nothing is connected. After SMC reset it works fine for like a week and then the problem arises again.

    I would have taken it in to Apple by now the only problem is that I do my work on this computer so a lengthy repair process would not be ideal for me. I don't have any experience with apple customer service and in my country we only have 'Apple Premium Resellers' and I bought the computer from them initially.

    Do you think this problem is hardware or software related? How long of a repair process should I expect?

    Thank you!

    EDIT: I forgot to ask that what if I can only take it in when the problem can not be reproduced? Should that be a problem?

    submitted by /u/milan9543
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook owners who have experienced Flexgate, how long did it take for you to run into the issue?

    Posted: 20 Oct 2019 07:12 PM PDT

    Be sure to include the year and screen size of your MacBook.

    submitted by /u/Aki-Baidya
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone else having this problem? ...Ever since I updated to Catalina (V10.15) my MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2018) cannot play HEVC video files.

    Posted: 20 Oct 2019 06:03 PM PDT

    Macbook Pro Battery Concerns

    Posted: 20 Oct 2019 02:56 PM PDT

    So, I just purchased a 15" Macbook Pro, the one with 8-cores. My battery seems to only last about 4 hours. I only have a web browser open and Xcode. Is this normal?

    submitted by /u/web_elf
    [link] [comments]

    should I replace battery or buy new computer?

    Posted: 20 Oct 2019 09:48 AM PDT

    I have a macbook pro retina 2013. the charger for it is in bad shape and I'd have to buy a new one soon. The battery condition is "replace now". Ive had this MacBook for over 5 years. Can I expect anything else to give out on me soon or should I be good for another few years just replacing the battery?

    submitted by /u/bwcollegekid
    [link] [comments]

    USB Drive Issues

    Posted: 20 Oct 2019 07:43 AM PDT

    Hello, all!

    MacBook Pro early 2015 13", running MacOS Catalina, the latest update

    The drive was working perfectly till today. All of a sudden today my USB drive seemed to take ages to load once plugged in. playing a video on VLC gets VLS to freeze. Opening a PDF causes Finder to freeze, and trying to eject the drive causes finder to freeze with unsuccessful relaunch attempts.

    Tried resetting SMC and restarting multiple times to no avail.

    drive works perfectly on windows but everytime i try on my mac and then insert it into my windows PC it prompts me to "repair and fix the USB drive" (the bad sectors and files and all that stuff)

    would really appreciate any help here as most on my academic documents are on the USB drive 😓

    submitted by /u/njoarder108
    [link] [comments]

    45W Magsafe 2 has much lower DC voltage after suspected contact with moisture

    Posted: 20 Oct 2019 07:16 AM PDT

    I read that the 45W Magsafe 2 adapter should have an output DC voltage at about 14V, but I notice that it seems to take longer for the battery to charge after previous contact with moisture (The estimated time for charging the battery until full at 90% is one hour now according to the battery menu). I have a 2014 model Macbook Air 13". Here is what I found from System Report:

    Health Information:

    Cycle Count: 1072

    Condition: Normal

    Battery Installed: Yes

    Amperage (mA): 1607

    Voltage (mV): 8383

    submitted by /u/GardenOfPain
    [link] [comments]

    Any way to add favorite websites to Chrome Touch Bar?

    Posted: 20 Oct 2019 06:15 AM PDT

    Is there anyway to do this? Just got a new mac with the touch bar for the first time and I'm still trying to see what I can do with it. Having my top 5 or so websites easily open-able would be great.

    submitted by /u/SwissBliss
    [link] [comments]

    Can i connect a MacBook Air to an Epson DataShow with an Usb 2.0 by the way i take it from my printer ?

    Posted: 20 Oct 2019 05:46 AM PDT

    A USB-C Monitor could damage my MB Pro battery life?

    Posted: 20 Oct 2019 03:12 AM PDT

    I am using a LG USB-C Monitor connected to my MacBook Pro. The usb-c connection also recharge my Mac.

    I recently found out that my battery life has reduced by 40% in the last 12 months, since when I started using my monitor.

    Is that possible? How can I rearrange my actual setup?

    submitted by /u/IamBigB
    [link] [comments]

    How to downgrade to Mojave?

    Posted: 20 Oct 2019 03:06 AM PDT

    While searching for the Apps that are 32bit I missed one app which is 32 bit and now doesn't work.

    submitted by /u/throwawaydjdjxj
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel