• Breaking News

    Wednesday, October 9, 2019

    Apple Help Ok, so bit of an old product but thought I'd try asking here anyways.

    Apple Help Ok, so bit of an old product but thought I'd try asking here anyways.


    Ok, so bit of an old product but thought I'd try asking here anyways.

    Posted: 09 Oct 2019 04:02 PM PDT

    I have a 2006 1,1 mac pro (the lowest spec model) that I received from a family friend. He removed the hard drive from it for privacy reasons, so I put a new one in. I found an install for mac os 10.7 (Lion) online and installed it. The problem is, it won't let me install apps on it and I keep getting an error code if I try. any suggestions on how to fix this or install a newer operating system?

    submitted by /u/lettherebegames
    [link] [comments]

    macOS Catalina system volume read permission, iCloud Keychain on macOS and Safari for iOS

    Posted: 09 Oct 2019 08:22 PM PDT

    Does anyone know how to gain write permission to the read-only system volume on macOS Catalina?

    And any solution to the following two bugs (please tell me someone else is experiencing these issues at least)?

    1. Safari Private Mode on iOS 13 keeps losing the last two opened tabs. I have to press the tab icon for few times just to get it all back.
    2. iCloud Keychain on my Mac lost 20+ password I saved. I tried to log in my Apple ID to a newly created user account and even tried it on a VM, but those passwords just won't show up.

    Feel like Apple doesn't care about details anymore.

    submitted by /u/pbni6n
    [link] [comments]

    Feeling like I’m out of options with AppleCare

    Posted: 09 Oct 2019 09:36 PM PDT

    So, I posted about this a while ago. My iPad stopped getting access to iCloud Drive, no matter what I did (reset, restore, reformat). I tested the issue with another iPad and the same thing happened (couldn't access my Drive files), so they think it might be an issue with my account rather than my iPad.

    Anyway, I've been working with AppleCare with it for like 3 weeks now. They keep escalating the case, saying it will take 5 business days to get any updates, but each time it's just more of the same, asking me what the symptoms are, asking what I've done, etc, etc, over and over again.

    I pay $10 a month for iCloud and I'm basically completely unable to use it with my iPad, which is annoying because I use it for work. I've been through like 3 senior advisors and had the issue escalated to engineering and it's just every week, the exact same thing, and absolutely zero progress. I've invested probably over 20 hours into just being on the phone with Apple Support, going to Apple Stores to help troubleshoot and diagnose, and it's starting to become a major time sink on top of the inconvenience that it already is.

    Maybe I'm just venting more than anything, but I feel stuck. What can I do? I feel like I'm running around in circles and hitting my head against a wall. How can I, with a device under warranty, and a service I pay monthly for, be this stuck? How can I get past this? What can I do except keep calling and scheduling appointments and waiting over and over again?

    submitted by /u/atalkingfish
    [link] [comments]

    Constantly being asked to update Apple ID Settings

    Posted: 09 Oct 2019 09:23 PM PDT

    I've recently been getting constant reminders to update Apple ID Settings - which I do. I go through the process of inputting my passwords, both for iCloud and my system password but it just keeps coming back after a few seconds. See attached image. I didn't get this until several weeks ago and I'm not sure if it's something I've changed or done but it's bleedin' annoying as hell.

    I have several devices using my Apple ID which they have done for years with no problems.

    Has anyone else come across this?

    Cheers

    RC

    https://i.redd.it/0psgfdon3nr31.png

    submitted by /u/SomeoneYoudAdmire
    [link] [comments]

    What is the difference between the resolution and dimensions listed on Mac with a photo?

    Posted: 09 Oct 2019 01:16 PM PDT

    iPhone 11 scratch issues?

    Posted: 09 Oct 2019 06:21 PM PDT

    Thinking about buying the new iPhone 11 pro max but read some news about people having their phone easily scratched, which can be easily found on google.

    Now, I know it's usual practice to put on screen protector and case, but since it's toughened glass, I was really hoping not using them for a better user experience, and also because I'm using my current iPhone 8p with no case and the touch feel is amazing.

    Can anyone tell me their experience with the new models with no screen protector nor case? Is it really that easily scratched?

    submitted by /u/danny960831
    [link] [comments]

    Long press messages options missing for anyone else? It used to show a list of frequent contacts similar to phone long press (11 pro - iOS 13.1.2)

    Posted: 09 Oct 2019 08:12 PM PDT

    When I long press on "phone" it behaves as it should (shortcuts to favorite contacts appear). I can't find a setting to enable this for long pressing on messages, it just always worked in the past. TIA(https://i.imgur.com/z7AGbn1.jpg)

    submitted by /u/dsmithok
    [link] [comments]

    I have dark spots on my iPhone 7 camera, I think it’s dirty, how can I get rid of them?

    Posted: 09 Oct 2019 05:46 PM PDT

    iPhone Restarts

    Posted: 09 Oct 2019 10:51 AM PDT

    Hi there I don't know if anyone would be able to help but I keep having my iPhone restart whilst it's in my pocket it normally happens a few times a day

    I also keep getting these panic-full logs show up in my analytics data

    Do you think this is a hardware or software issue?

    iPhone Log

    submitted by /u/Dextermon
    [link] [comments]

    I need help. I found this iPod in my garage and I want to use it, but there is a error message saying it cannot connect to iTunes because it is locked with a passcode whenever I connect it to my PC.

    Posted: 09 Oct 2019 10:10 PM PDT

    Macbook pro mid-2015 webcam - flicker issue

    Posted: 09 Oct 2019 10:06 PM PDT

    hello, if i got a new ipad under applecare, does this replacement ipad have a new 1 year warranty

    Posted: 09 Oct 2019 09:55 PM PDT

    i got a new ipad a few months ago with applecare. the applecare on the original ipad has expired, but does this replacement ipad still have that free 1 year warranty? there's a weird light issue with the screen where the far right side color is off.

    submitted by /u/dawsonnn1
    [link] [comments]

    OS X for Mid 2011 iMac

    Posted: 09 Oct 2019 02:20 PM PDT

    Found this old iMac that is still running Lion 10.7.5. I'd like to upgrade the OS X to whatever it can handle but I can't download Catalina through the App Store. I also have no idea what the previous owner's Apple ID / password are. Thoughts on how to get this baby up to speed?

    submitted by /u/lil_falco
    [link] [comments]

    Catalina high GPU usage with WindowServer and mediaanalysisd

    Posted: 09 Oct 2019 03:53 PM PDT

    Model information:

    2012 Unibody MacBook Pro 13"

    250 Samsung EVO SSD + 2TB WD Blue 5400 RPM 2.5"

    16 GB RAM

    Core i5 2.5 GHz

    I recently upgraded to Catalina, and have ran into this issue where if I leave my computer idle for maybe 5 minutes, WindowServer and mediaanalysisd start consuming large percentages of my GPU (Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 MB). However, if I start using the computer again, the GPU usage drops back down to nearly 0, and the two processes seem to pause. Does anybody know what these tasks do? I assume mediaanalysisd has to do with analyzing photos and videos in Photos, and I have a photos library between 100 and 200 GB. Could that be the issue?

    I also have a Mid 2015 Retina MBP 13" with a much smaller Photos library that doesn't seem to be suffering from this issue.

    Should I let the processes run? I'm not keen on keeping my CPU at 70˚ for hours on end...

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/coolnameCam
    [link] [comments]

    One website (Apple's) won't load (all devices -- wifi related?)

    Posted: 09 Oct 2019 05:48 PM PDT

    I can't access Apple's website when I am on wifi in my house -- tried Chrome and Safari on my MB, and my iPhone and iPad. Doesn't work. I know this isn't exactly a device-related question, and rather my Internet connection.

    icloud.com also won't load (I don't use it but tested it). However, the Apple Support forums (from apple.com) DO load.

    They work fine on data on my phone. I tried emptying caches, etc. Any other suggestions?

    Running Mojave and iOS 13, though I don't think those are the issues.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/goldstandardalmonds
    [link] [comments]

    Safari starts to freeze randomly in the middle of videos and I have to quit it and open it back up

    Posted: 09 Oct 2019 05:40 PM PDT

    I have a 2018 Macbook Air 13 inch and upgrade to Catalina. Any idea what could be going on? Does not matter which site, it happens a couple minutes after watching the video. I start to get the spinning cursor and am forced to quit the tab or safari. just recently started happening

    submitted by /u/goosboos
    [link] [comments]

    Hey all! I was having difficulties with my MacBook Pro 2014 8gb : OS X El Capitan Version 10.11.6. So this problem arose around a week ago that made it s that when ever I would browse the web it would do a thing where it would only load around 10% and then completely stop loading. Please help!

    Posted: 09 Oct 2019 05:39 PM PDT

    Been to Genius Bar but no help. Trying to get my lightning port to function with my wired headphones. Have replaced the dongle but still cuts out intermittently disrupting song playing. I want to keep my wired headphones as they are Bose but want to enjoy my music without any interruptions-Any help?

    Posted: 09 Oct 2019 05:36 PM PDT

    Genius told me the port looks fine and undamaged.

    submitted by /u/sermontfermont
    [link] [comments]

    Has anyone had luck with an out of warranty battery replacement being covered?

    Posted: 09 Oct 2019 09:10 PM PDT

    I'm getting about 50% at 750 cycles (as opposed to 80% at 1000), and getting a "service battery" notification but I'm out of warranty.

    Are there any keywords or ways to approach this that might, by a hair, increase my chances of having this covered? I'm a broke student, so the alternative is to keep this thing plugged in until it catches fire (it's having heat issues form the battery, I think).

    submitted by /u/Asterios390528
    [link] [comments]

    Is iPhone 6 Plus really that bad for a mid ranger?

    Posted: 09 Oct 2019 05:03 PM PDT

    Hello, Recently got an iPhone 6 Plus for 115$, always used a mid range smartphone, decided to try iOS, but all over the internet people are saying that the 6 Plus is bad as hell, my previous phone was P20 Lite and I seem to like the iPhone better. I mean it doesn't seem that bad, can anyone elaborate further? PS I intend to use it mostly for social media and youtube.

    Is it really THAT bad?

    submitted by /u/sinisterbulgaria
    [link] [comments]

    Jamf issues enrolling on Catalina?

    Posted: 09 Oct 2019 01:11 PM PDT

    Anyone else having issues with the Mac binding to the AD domain after Catalina is installed?

    Jamf self-service 10.13.0

    submitted by /u/terryjohnson16
    [link] [comments]

    AirPods won’t play sound when connected to Mac

    Posted: 09 Oct 2019 08:28 PM PDT

    They work fine when connecting to my phone and play the connecting and disconnecting dings on my Mac but when I play music or a YouTube video it's silent. Everything is up to date and I have tried turning automatic ear detection off and it did nothing.

    submitted by /u/willc144p
    [link] [comments]

    Help me how do I fix this

    Posted: 09 Oct 2019 04:16 PM PDT

    iPhone "Ding" sound.

    Posted: 09 Oct 2019 08:02 PM PDT

    Hi. I'm not very familiar with Iphones Did the "Ding" Sound change a little bit or am I just hearing things? I think it might be a newer OS or something but sometimes I'll hear that Ding and it doesn't sound the way it used to. Just a bit different. Am I crazy?

    submitted by /u/01741
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel