• Breaking News

    Thursday, August 1, 2019

    macOS Pro Tip: If you want to print from your iPhone but don't have AirPrint, use Automator folder actions and Dropbox to fake it

    macOS Pro Tip: If you want to print from your iPhone but don't have AirPrint, use Automator folder actions and Dropbox to fake it


    Pro Tip: If you want to print from your iPhone but don't have AirPrint, use Automator folder actions and Dropbox to fake it

    Posted: 31 Jul 2019 09:21 AM PDT

    macOS Catalina .app?

    Posted: 31 Jul 2019 06:15 PM PDT

    Anyone willing to send me either a copy of, or a link to the Catalina .app? I need to make a bootable installer from the High Sierra recovery environment (long story) so I obviously can't get to the app store. Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/nsinnott
    [link] [comments]

    I can't partition my SSD even if I have enough free space

    Posted: 31 Jul 2019 08:55 AM PDT

    Is there a way to resize all macOS open windows with one key/click?

    Posted: 31 Jul 2019 11:58 PM PDT

    Directly into topic, I know about Magnet, Spectacle, Amethyst, Cinch, BTT, Divvy....

    Yet to my knowledge, none of those software can do what I need. I don't want to manually click each window and snap it to a place or a hot corner. I also do not want to setup layouts that can only work with the predefined apps I set.

    Imagine having 9 open windows on Desktop cluttering the space everywhere and then with one click you will have them aligned each next to each other, either dynamic window sizes depending on the app or similarly sized. Next time you will have 7 open windows of different Apps, that one key/click of auto resizing windows will still work.

    Is there any app that can do that?

    submitted by /u/Grid3333
    [link] [comments]

    Viewing emails on Mail app

    Posted: 31 Jul 2019 11:35 PM PDT

    Hi, I apologise if this is in the wrong place, but I had a question about the Mail app and viewing emails that are in subfolders.

    I am currently organising all emails in to subfolders as I need each email assigned to individual projects, however I wanted to ask if I place emails in to folder A,B,C,D and E, is there a way to see ALL emails that are in my inbox, without needing to go in to each individual folder?

    submitted by /u/Derekcheung88
    [link] [comments]

    what does everyone use for an ODBC manager on current macos?

    Posted: 31 Jul 2019 10:55 PM PDT

    i guess there isn't a built-in tool, now, equivalent to the ODBC Data Source Administrator on Windows.

    the old Apple tool is available for download, but it's very old. any thoughts?

    old Apple ODBC tool: https://support.apple.com/kb/DL561?locale=en_US

    submitted by /u/mrkurtz
    [link] [comments]

    backup Mac (Mojave) to shared drive on Windows 10

    Posted: 31 Jul 2019 04:18 PM PDT

    I have my Mac (Mojave) set up to do Time Machine backups to a Windows 10 shared drive via SMB. There's a number of tutorials online on how to set it up using a sparsebundle image, and it works - but I'm having a ton of problems with the SMB share disconnecting, not reconnecting, especially after suspending the Mac (just closing the lid, reopening later.)

    I think the time machine part of it is fine - I'm fairly sure the problem is SMB. Is there another option, aside from using that expensive Acronis tool to get AFS support on the windows box, or is NFS more stable, etc?

     SERVER_NAME BACKUPSERVER USER_ID 501 SMB_NEGOTIATE SMBV_NEG_SMB1_ENABLED SMB_NEGOTIATE SMBV_NEG_SMB2_ENABLED SMB_NEGOTIATE SMBV_NEG_SMB3_ENABLED SMB_VERSION SMB_3.02 SMB_SHARE_TYPE DISK SIGNING_SUPPORTED TRUE EXTENDED_SECURITY_SUPPORTED TRUE LARGE_FILE_SUPPORTED TRUE FILE_IDS_SUPPORTED TRUE DFS_SUPPORTED TRUE FILE_LEASING_SUPPORTED TRUE MULTI_CREDIT_SUPPORTED TRUE DIR_LEASING_SUPPORTED TRUE ENCRYPTION_SUPPORTED TRUE 
    submitted by /u/krelvar
    [link] [comments]

    is macbook pro mid 2015 strong enough to play 4K movies?

    Posted: 31 Jul 2019 07:54 PM PDT

    is macbook pro mid 2015 strong enough to play 4K movies?

    i just downloaded End Game 4K version, and i played with Movist app, but seem it's lag, the video is not smooth and audio interrupted. This is movie file info:

    DEFLATE compresses: Avengers.Endgame.2019.INTERNAL.HDR.2160p.WEB.H265-DEFLATE Release Date : 2019-07-30 URL : http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4154796 Duration : 03:01:51.200000 Video : H265+HDR10 (10 bit, BT.2020, 4:2:0) Resolution : 3840x1608 (2.388:1 / 160:67) @ 24,000/1,001 fps Audio : AC3++Atmos @ 640 kb/s (5.1) Language : English Subtitles : English (Forced), English, English (SDH), Spanish Size : 32,617.457 MB (34,201,882,383 bytes) 

    this is my mac info:

    https://i.redd.it/x8fptyzf4rd31.png

    when i play the movie with Movist, this process makes cpu usage over 90%:

    https://i.redd.it/7lamh5uu4rd31.png

    If i can't play 4K on my macbook. could you recommend which device can do that or i have to build a PC?

    Thank you so much.

    submitted by /u/hoangnm
    [link] [comments]

    Is there an official remote Mac control app from Apple, like VNC?

    Posted: 31 Jul 2019 07:26 PM PDT

    There was back to my Mac and Apple Remote Desktop. I just want to be able to control my Mac from my iPhone for small things once in a while. Not worth buying Apple Remote Desktop though.

    submitted by /u/dingodoyle
    [link] [comments]

    Is anyone having issues with external monitor with new 2019 i9 MBP 15 inch?

    Posted: 31 Jul 2019 03:32 PM PDT

    How to become expert?

    Posted: 31 Jul 2019 09:45 AM PDT

    Hello, I am an expert is windows OS having used it since windows 3.11 and DOS before that. I want to learn everything I can about MACOS internals. Everything I need to know at the command line. Everything I need to know about what gets written where when a program is installed. Logs, system dumps. Everything. Where do i start? I understand it's built on FreeBSD. Do I start by studying FreeBSD? What scout apple script ? Is there a guide to learning macOS CLI? Trying to figure out how to get past just being a power user and into really working / repairing / modifying OS with CLI or otherwise. Also what is th best language for Mac users ? I know python, should I consider another language ? Sorry lots of questions. Any help/comments are appreciated.

    submitted by /u/WTFOMGBBQ
    [link] [comments]

    WiFi Issues

    Posted: 31 Jul 2019 11:08 AM PDT

    Hello. MacOS illiterate person here. Quick backstory - I work repairing computers and managing IT for small businesses. Got a new client and it's all iMacs. Essentially, two users share one of the iMacs and they use AirMail for their emails and just have both their emails signed into the same client. This, and a few other things they wanted to do just made sense to make a separate user account so they each had their own. Made a new admin account and grabbed their data, QuickBooks, and AirMail and various other applications and put it on the dock. Signed into everything and got their emails configured on each user account correctly. Showed them how to log out and switch users and they were confident in it and were able to navigate around like they needed to flawlessly.

    Fast forward a week, and one of them left a voicemail saying the WiFi is going out on the computer and she has to restart it to get it to reconnect several times a day. It only appears to be this iMac that's having issues. Now, from my point of view, there's literally nothing I did that would cause this and it appears to be a coincidence to me. Obviously, I'm still going to help her and get it sorted, but I just want to double-check that there wasn't something I missed with making a new user account? I didn't even download a single driver or mess with anything like that as we added no hardware or software besides what was already on the system.

    Regardless of what happened, what are some WiFi troubleshooting 101 tips for MacOS for when I call her and try to remote in. My issue is I just don't know MacOS at all. I have my CCNA, A+, and Network+ - I know what I'm doing...just not on Mac lol.

    If this isn't the right sub, please point me towards the right place! Thanks.

    submitted by /u/dlepi24
    [link] [comments]

    Software Update blocked to High Sierra

    Posted: 31 Jul 2019 06:51 AM PDT

    Hi all,

    I work for a school district that provides us with MacBook Airs. They have currently disabled us updating our software past High Sierra. Years ago, I was able to work around this by going through the Public Beta, but that doesn't seem to be working anymore.

    I can download it from the App Store, open it, and at some point throughout the pre-installation, the App shuts down and I get an automated pop up from IT saying sorry, they're still evaluating Mojave (wrong).

    Is there any feasible workaround that might help?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/reducetoasimmer
    [link] [comments]

    MacOS Catalina cant remember my settings on system preferences

    Posted: 31 Jul 2019 11:40 AM PDT

    Everything i set on system preferences and my dock turned to default by itself but not the menu bar. It happen when i turn on my macbook after i shut it down. How can i solve this? Is it another bug from Catalina Beta?

    submitted by /u/hafisbahri
    [link] [comments]

    I’ve lost my Mac, How can I ensure FileVault was on

    Posted: 31 Jul 2019 02:08 PM PDT

    I had a 2017 MacBook Pro running Mojave 10.14. During setup I remember setting up FileVault and also remember reading 'A pass phrase has been set' on the FileVault settings.

    Was there any other little things that one would notice to ensure FileVault was on like things on login screen. Because I remember I never turned my Mac fully off just closed lid. Sometimes a progress bar showed after I input password when Mac was sleeping for a while.

    How can somebody hack a Mac with those configuration?

    submitted by /u/Lackluster123
    [link] [comments]

    Mouse scroll wheel doesn't work but works!

    Posted: 31 Jul 2019 11:28 AM PDT

    Hey guys. I really like my 'Microsoft Wireless Mouse 1000' hence I'm using it (running High Sierra).

    It works ok with the exception of the scroll wheel button*. It only works in Mozilla. And it works perfectly. But everywhere else it's like it's dead.I checked some similar threads but I found nothing describing my situation. I also checked for drivers but found nothing for OS X.

    Any ideas?

    *edit: The scroll thing works. But the button (when you press it you get a navigator and can scroll by just moving your mouse) only works in Mozilla.

    thank you

    submitted by /u/KhalDrogoSings
    [link] [comments]

    Hopefully, someone will finally be able to tell me what i’m doing wrong.

    Posted: 31 Jul 2019 11:18 AM PDT

    Hello,

    So i've never been good at these types of posts but i'm going to do my best at explaining it as simply as possible.

    Basically, this issue is an issue i've had for years, and isn't just related specifically to any beta of Catalina. It has to do with iTunes (or now known as Music) and iCloud Music Library. Whenever I try to add entire albums or even just more than one song at a time to my music library from let's say, something i downloaded online, it's upload perfectly into my computer, the entire song will play and everything is fine. However, when i go to listen to the songs on my phone there seems to be an issue where the song won't play fully. Maybe it'll get around 1 minute into the song and then cut off and change to the next song. I'll have to delete whatever i just uploaded and upload it again individually, song by song. Sometimes multiple times.

    So that's it's, i hope i explained its well. Has anyone else had this issue as well? And if so, have you been able to find a long term solution to fix it all together?

    submitted by /u/marc__xcx
    [link] [comments]

    Finders Search, not only Search for File Names, Folder-Names as well

    Posted: 31 Jul 2019 10:29 AM PDT

    Hey,

    im on the lastest Version of Mojave in the Finders App you can search at the Top right corner, how can I specify my Search so that the System would Search for Folder-Names as well?

    Hope you can Help me out, Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Fakesn
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook boot issue

    Posted: 31 Jul 2019 09:37 AM PDT

    This is really just annoying/ embarrassing...

    When my Macbook dies with media loaded in the background and I go to charge it, the media automatically begins playing. And since it's going through the boot process I cant access the mute button (in the touchbar) for a few seconds. Is there any way to fix this? (other than making sure I'm not playing media when my computer dies)

    submitted by /u/_schwenke
    [link] [comments]

    32 bit VST plugins on Catalina

    Posted: 31 Jul 2019 03:56 AM PDT

    Does macOS Catalina support 32 bit plugins? On Mojave I get warnings about Ableton 9 and other software not being suited to the OS. I have also been reading that 32 bit VST plugins will no longer be supported. Can anyone confirm?

    submitted by /u/man-named-zeus
    [link] [comments]

    A mysterious folder 'Documents' has appeared in iCloud Drive

    Posted: 31 Jul 2019 07:32 AM PDT

    I have noticed that a folder named 'Documents' have appeared in iCloud Drive. After deletion the folder is yet again resurrected by the system.

    I do not know how to stop this behaviour?

    submitted by /u/Sematisius
    [link] [comments]

    Neither proxychains and torsocks work in Mac

    Posted: 31 Jul 2019 03:13 AM PDT

    I installed proxychains via brew:

    $ brew install proxychains-ng

    and torsocks:

    $ brew install tor torsocks

    But they either don't work.

    If I test with:

    $ proxychains4 http https://check.torproject.org/api/ip

    Output tells me that ip is my real one, not the tor one.

    Also,

    $ torsocks http https://check.torproject.org/api/ip

    has the same output.

    But if I manually put proxy inside "httpie" like this:

    $ http --proxy=https:socks5://localhost:9050 https://check.torproject.org/api/ip

    It finally works and gives me the tor ip output. So this is not a tor problem. I also tested http proxies with proxychains, and output gives me my real ip. So connection works, but it is done with my real address, not the proxied.

    It seems either torsocks and proxychains are transparent. It's like I'm executing "http" without them.

    submitted by /u/allexj
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel