• Breaking News

    Tuesday, July 16, 2019

    Apple iOS PSA: Remember to remove Airmail's access to your email accounts if you delete the app.

    Apple iOS PSA: Remember to remove Airmail's access to your email accounts if you delete the app.


    PSA: Remember to remove Airmail's access to your email accounts if you delete the app.

    Posted: 16 Jul 2019 06:01 AM PDT

    If you are one of the many people deleting Airmail after their bait-and-switch, remember to remove Airmail's access to your email account. You don't want loose ends.

    If you're using Gmail, go to myaccount.google.com, select "Third-party access", and remove Airmail's access to your account.

    submitted by /u/grublets
    [link] [comments]

    I used Medical ID today after an accident and it may well have saved my life.

    Posted: 15 Jul 2019 01:45 PM PDT

    Such an underrated feature that people don't realise how important it is until ill you need it. I wasn't able to talk at the scene but could show the ambulance my Medical ID and they issued the correct treatment accordingly. Such a brilliant addition to iOS.

    submitted by /u/Bilalzahid26
    [link] [comments]

    I made an app which helps you with correct mindful breathing exercises based on your sleeping schedule

    Posted: 16 Jul 2019 07:27 AM PDT

    Export healthdata to plot

    Posted: 16 Jul 2019 04:04 AM PDT

    Does anyone know of an app that can export selected healthdata to a single date/timebased plot? I can find them for Heart data but nothing else. And the ones I found that can export something else either only allow one dataset a time or have other issues. For example QSAccess doesn't understand mmol/L and Health Export can't plot more than one dataset.

    For example I'd like to export in one single graph, configurable which timeframe (day, week, month, year): - Medicine intake - Food intake (carbs) - Bloodsugar levels - Work-outs - Weight

    But I can't find any app that can do it.

    submitted by /u/BlazerStoner
    [link] [comments]

    How does iOS check for an internet connection?

    Posted: 16 Jul 2019 06:24 AM PDT

    I want to know how iOS checks for an internet connection over WiFi. On my home network I want to fool iPhones and iPads into thing they have a WiFi connection to the internet but then block traffic at certain times. This may sound odd but I want to block access from kids devices at set times but don't want the devices automatically falling back to LTE if it can't get out on the WiFi.

    I can only really do this by TCP/UDP port number and/or destination IP addresses. I'm wondering if simply allowing DNS outbound would be enough or if it's methed to check the connection does more.

    submitted by /u/Fizzy77man
    [link] [comments]

    Can’t believe how much iOS changed AND didn’t change since the iPhone 4S..

    Posted: 15 Jul 2019 04:20 PM PDT

    Not sure if anyone remembers my previous post a few days ago about not having an iOS device since the 4S and getting my new XR (today).

    I'm coming from a Samsung device that was running the latest version of android (9.0).

    This XR is a great phone, I'm loving it... aside from all the new gestures and gimmicky Animoji things, I noticed a lot of the apps are almost the same. I do have the iOS 13 beta installed with dark mode etc, and that's a big step.. but I can't get over how much the home menu still looks like it did 7 or so years ago lol. Everything for sure is improved and polished and works as it should.. but what about some new icons?! Like, the contacts, phone, and messages app looks so outdated and boring.

    Sorry, I'm not trying to piss ppl off, I swear. I know how iOS and Android ppl go at each other's throats.. I'm just genuinely surprised not a lot of stuff has been cosmetically tweaked. I am enjoying this phone.. the battery and camera are amazing so far, and there's no better feeling then being in the "blue text bubble" club lol

    submitted by /u/TheRealJFranco
    [link] [comments]

    Is ppq.apple.com down right now?

    Posted: 16 Jul 2019 05:26 AM PDT

    Is it down?

    submitted by /u/Unwantediosuser
    [link] [comments]

    So it’s obvious that the Find My app finds offline devices now. Does it also locate friends who shared their location but appear to be offline at the moment we are looking for them?

    Posted: 15 Jul 2019 06:43 PM PDT

    What integrates better on iOS: Gmail or Outlook?

    Posted: 16 Jul 2019 01:01 AM PDT

    Why are iOS apps still refreshing in the background when I disabled their background?

    Posted: 15 Jul 2019 01:00 PM PDT

    Hello.

    In my very old iPhone 4S' iOS v9.3.5's battery usage still shows a few iOS apps still refreshing in the background when I have disabled their background? I even disabled ALL of the background apps. I have been noticing more and more apps like this for years. :(

    Thank you for reading and hopefully answering soon. :)

    submitted by /u/antdude
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone ever see a double clock appear for a couple seconds, typically when an app is loading, with one clock displaying the incorrect time? XS 12.3.1

    Posted: 15 Jul 2019 03:42 PM PDT

    iOS 12 ruined my iPhone 8 Plus. Coming from iOS 11.4.1, iOS 12 ruined my iPhone. I use to get 11-12 hrs usage and now getting 1/2 battery in comparison. Ouch! I have to now limit my battery usage during the day and lucky to get 6 hrs sot, even with a new iPhone battery.

    Posted: 16 Jul 2019 03:53 AM PDT

    [question] some app to detect changes in website?

    Posted: 16 Jul 2019 12:03 AM PDT

    Hi In searching some app that can detect changes in website Thanks

    submitted by /u/defekas
    [link] [comments]

    Best non-pay to advance simulation games?

    Posted: 15 Jul 2019 10:43 PM PDT

    Looking for some new simulation games, any category of simulation something I can advance in with out the annoyances of time upgrades that can be purchased with gems or some other sort of in app purchase.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/GumbyTX
    [link] [comments]

    Install software update over mobile?

    Posted: 15 Jul 2019 10:42 PM PDT

    I don't have WiFi but a very potent mobile plan. Is there's a way to install software updates over mobile instead of WiFi?

    submitted by /u/orschiro
    [link] [comments]

    Somethings as simple as voice memos but with loop repeat feature?

    Posted: 15 Jul 2019 10:25 PM PDT

    Is there a way to prevent my iPhone from connecting to a specific router?

    Posted: 15 Jul 2019 09:51 AM PDT

    The WiFi at my office uses the same SSID over two different routers and I can only get internet access on one of them. It takes a combination of renewing the IP address and/or turning off/on the wifi on my phone in order to get it to connect to the correct router, but then it will eventually switch me over to the one that doesn't work. And round and round it goes. It is maddening.

    submitted by /u/TRIpowpowUnownow
    [link] [comments]

    Do you think it will be possible to watch a movie with different languages with multiple AirPods paired with iOS 13?

    Posted: 15 Jul 2019 06:33 PM PDT

    I usually watch movies with a friend but he doesn't know English. I always watch them in English when I'm alone. I know that it will be possible to connect multiple pairs of AirPods to a single device with iOS 13 and was wondering if it would be technically possible to watch a movie with a pair in English and the other ones in a different language. I'd also like your opinion on this concept.

    submitted by /u/Xonikon01
    [link] [comments]

    Terrible color scheme for Maps in iOS 13 dark mode

    Posted: 15 Jul 2019 04:48 PM PDT

    I wish they would continue to use regular map colors but dim the appearance like they do to wallpapers when dark mode is activated.

    Huge on privacy over here but it's so bad I've reluctantly started using google maps :(

    Anyone else feel the same?

    submitted by /u/Mlrk3y
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone unable to back up via iCloud, but not at 5GB limit?

    Posted: 15 Jul 2019 03:19 PM PDT

    I have been getting a "not backed up" warning from Settings for a month or so now but I can't figure out why...

    I only really care about preserving my settings, messages, and contacts on my phone, as i use a different service for backing up photos etc. As you can see in the screenshot (link below) I'm below my 5GB limit but whenever I try to manually back up it says I have exceeded my limit. I leave it plugged in and on wifi too but still no backup. I'm not sure why else it would not back up, any ideas? Again I do not use iCloud to back up my photos etc and this is turned off in storage thru "Manage storage".

    https://imgur.com/a/RNHtCOg

    submitted by /u/dunnsreddit
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel