• Breaking News

    Tuesday, June 18, 2019

    Apple Help Is there a way to unlock my ipad if I've forgotten my password and do not have proof of purchase?

    Apple Help Is there a way to unlock my ipad if I've forgotten my password and do not have proof of purchase?


    Is there a way to unlock my ipad if I've forgotten my password and do not have proof of purchase?

    Posted: 18 Jun 2019 12:19 PM PDT

    My grandfather is locked out of his iPad. He can't remember the password. He can't remember his security questions. He can't get into his iCloud.

    I have the original box. I have the credit card statement showing the purchase but Apple won't help without the receipt from 3 years ago.

    Target said they updated thier system and may not have record of it anymore.

    I'm at a loss at how to get him access to his iPad again.

    submitted by /u/scarfacesaints
    [link] [comments]

    Two-Factor Authentication and Avoiding Account Recovery

    Posted: 18 Jun 2019 03:36 PM PDT

    Decided to just make another post as simple as possible about how to avoid losing access to your Apple ID when you're on Two Factor Authentication. There's a lot of mistakes that can easily be made with the type of security it provides, and sometimes, if your only trusted device is your iPhone – losing access to that can mean losing access to everything.

    But here's how to avoid that!

    1. Absolutely register a second trusted phone number that can receive call & text or at least calls.
      1. iOS: Settings > Your Name > Passwords & Security > Edit and then add in a second number
      2. macOS: System Preferences > iCloud > Account Details > Security
      3. Make it someone you trust – close friend, boyfriend, girlfriend, dog, fridge, idc or a HOME LAND LINE EVEN – IF IT CAN RECEIVE ROBO CALLS IT CAN RECEIVE A VERIFICATION CODE
      4. Don't think "oh I know 2FA well and have a second trusted device even, I don't think I need a second phone number" –– AHUHUEHUE YOU ABSOLUTELY DO !! If you can't get a verification code, you can't get in – at all, or for daaaaaaaaays. My best friend is my second phone number just in case.
    2. Make sure your trusted devices are always logged in.
      1. iOS: Settings > Your Name.
        1. If you're prompted for a password, log in.
        2. If not, you're fully logged in and you're good.
      2. macOS: System Preferences > iCloud
        1. If you're prompted to log in, do it
        2. If not, you're good again
    3. Log in to iCloud.com, and appleid.apple.com on a web-browser, on a PERSONAL COMPUTER at least once in a while, save the browser as trusted and that way – it's another emergency backdoor to your iCloud data (photos, contacts, iCloud email) if you do lose access to your Apple ID.
    4. If you use TouchID/FaceID – make sure you never forget the passcode on your device.
      1. If you set up Touch/FaceID then you do have a passcode.
      2. With 2FA your passcode can be used to reset your password to your Apple ID if it's forgotten.
        1. Only if you have Two Factor Authentication enabled on your device
        2. Only if your device is a Trusted Device – which means it's fully logged in to your Apple ID at the time of password reset attempt
        3. Settings > Your Name > Passwords & Security > Change Password. It will prompt you to use your passcode if you qualify.
    5. If you don't use TouchID/FaceID – at least still be using a passcode to get full access to the Trusted Device abilities with 2FA.
    6. Always keep your phone number up to date with Two-Factor Authentication. Trusted devices are friendly but can be erased and forgotten, a trusted phone number can't be wiped as easily.
      1. Having a login to appleid.apple.com on a personal computer in this case would be handy; if you updated your phone number, and don't have access to a trusted device you can at least log in to a trusted browser without needing that verification code.
      2. That second trusted phone number I said to add at the beginning of this post – will get you back in too.

    Tricky Bits:

    Say your iPhone needed to be restored, or it was wiped, or just in general something happened thats now got you unable to access a verification code to log in to your Apple ID – my favourite workaround, although not always recommended, is to switch the SIM card from your iPhone into another iPhone (preferably, for the sake of iMessage services not going haywire with your phone number, its the same sense in that you'd want to deregister a phone number from iMessage before moving into Android, and its this reason apple advisors would probably never recommend this route themselves, and try pushing you into Account Recovery when it miiiiiight be avoidable). If you're going to need this route at all and need to do so to make changes, I'd recommend making any changes to the Apple ID through a web browser and then using the updated information on the device.

    This is most useful if a passcode is forgotten, and then the device needs to be wiped – and in doing so sets the device into Activation Lock. SIM to new Phone is the quickest way out of that fandango.

    I write this because Account Recovery is the worst thing in the world to go through, when it can be relatively easy to avoid, especially the more you understand about how it works. If you're not on 2FA, take everything from what I've written here and upgrade, because even if someone hacks your password, without being able to access the verification code at the end of the day, they couldn't get in. If you get a pop-up that indicates a recent login attempt, and you did not just make an attempt to login - you can select "Don't Allow", and then it's highly recommended you update your password.

    If you have any other questions, feel free to ask me :)

    submitted by /u/brenslow
    [link] [comments]

    Need help updating IPad Pro, can’t update on the device because I get error so I tried on iTunes and now I get this error.

    Posted: 18 Jun 2019 09:38 PM PDT

    Change Apple store country without changing phone numbers

    Posted: 18 Jun 2019 09:34 PM PDT

    Is it possible to change the country of the App Store without having to change my phone number?

    When going to change the country, it requires you to update your billing address. One line includes the phone number.

    I'd like to keep my foreign number but have access to the App Store of the country I'm currently in. Is this possible?

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/YesNOorMaybe
    [link] [comments]

    Mac-OS Installer Pop-Up

    Posted: 18 Jun 2019 09:23 PM PDT

    This keeps popping up on my MacBook Pro. I've run Malwarebytes scans countless times, but it's not going away. Any advice out there?

    https://i.redd.it/xls9acqmp8531.png

    submitted by /u/ECampos89
    [link] [comments]

    What does this icon mean on my lock screen (macbook pro, high sierra)

    Posted: 18 Jun 2019 09:01 PM PDT

    Unable to activate brand new iPhone XR

    Posted: 18 Jun 2019 08:51 PM PDT

    I recently purchased an iPhone XR directly from Apple to replace my current device. I purchased the "Sprint" version which comes with an installed Sprint SIM card.

    Whenever I try to go through the Apple activation sequence after booting, it gives me an error that "Your iPhone could not be activated because the activation server is temporarily unavailable." I've tried via wifi, cellular, the new SIM card, my old SIM card (also nano SIM from my Motorola Moto G5 Plus), no SIM card, through iTunes, with my iPad, etc. and they all fail.

    Help would be appreciated. The phone basically locks you out prior to activation.

    submitted by /u/voyaging
    [link] [comments]

    Can't use my e-mail for Apple ID

    Posted: 18 Jun 2019 08:48 PM PDT

    Hello,

    About 9 months ago I changed my Apple ID e-mail to my school e-mail by mistake (entered it into the wrong field) and I can't seem to change it back to my personal e-mail. I receive an error that says: "This email address is not available. Choose a different address." I removed my personal e-mail as an alternate e-mail for all my other accounts and deleted my other accounts, but no luck. I can set my personal e-mail as another contact e-mail but that is about it.

    I've tried recovering the e-mail as well but I am met with "xxxx@gmail.com is not an Apple ID." When I try to create a new account with the e-mail, I get the same error that says: "This email address is not available. Choose a different address.

    Is there any solution to my problem?

    submitted by /u/Monkeymo13
    [link] [comments]

    How can I permanently resize my Finder window?

    Posted: 18 Jun 2019 06:24 AM PDT

    I have been searching for a way to resize my Finder window (it's just a little too small) without having it take up my whole screen, but everything I've tried has resulted in failure. It was working for a little while, but recently changed itself back to a smaller size and any suggestions from Google Searches are not working for me.

    I'm running MacOS Mojave 10.14.5 (18F132) on a MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2018).

    submitted by /u/rayyychul
    [link] [comments]

    Will I still have my notes in Gmail?

    Posted: 18 Jun 2019 08:14 PM PDT

    My phone's notes have been syncing to Gmail. Will they still be there when I switch to a new, non-Apple phone?

    submitted by /u/gpby
    [link] [comments]

    Isolating between Software & Hardware Issues on iOS

    Posted: 18 Jun 2019 12:00 PM PDT

    I created this post as a Final Troubleshooting Step to help out iOS customers who are experiencing unusual, or persistent issues that regular troubleshooting just doesn't seem to want to fix.

    When experiencing issues with your phone it can be a pretty quick decision to jump on the idea "it's broken" or "I need to take this in to fix it", especially when the simplest steps available don't fix it right away – well I have some steps here to help isolate between an actual hardware issue, or if the software itself is just broken; and why it works.

    These steps require having a computer that can run the iTunes program, and a connector cable for your phone or iPad.

    Obviously you'll want to try some of the more simple steps available for troubleshooting, like:

    • Turning it on an off again

    • Making sure the software is up to date

    • Reset network settings (for issues relating to bluetooth, wi-fi, airdrop, and iCloud keychain if it's been set up solely on iOS, and Safari history and caches)

    • Turn iMessage/FaceTime off then on again

    If your basic troubleshooting steps don't yield a result there's a be-all-end-all that most if not all Apple Advisors in store and on the phone will get you to attempt to do before finally succumbing to hardware service.

    ***If you're on Two-Factor Authentication (2FA), you'll want to make sure you turn off Find My iPhone before doing this to avoid Activation Lock.

    RESTORE YOUR IPHONE/IPAD

    Why does this work and why should you do this:

    Software, like all levels of technology, can have it's glitches and be funny. Sometimes, after a software update, settings can be misconstrued and not reloaded properly – which is why it's better do to your iOS software updates through iTunes and not wirelessly (plus, updating through iTunes saves a ton of OTHER storage in your iPhone, as your device has no longer had to download the software itself and save it to the storage to be opened – all that data is now instead taking up space on the computer, and then removed after installation automatically).

    If nothing else has worked, then it's definitely a software glitch and the only way to resolve that is to remove it. How? Unfortunately, the device is going to have to be wiped and have a new version of the software installed. The only way to get a new version properly installed is to then "Set up as New" from the set up screen (after the device has completed its restore, will be back at the Hello screen and ready for set up).

    Why can't I reload a backup after restoring? Because the software glitch could be reloaded to your device with that backup information, and the already lengthy "restore and erase, then restore a backup" process will have been for nothing. You can reload a backup from iTunes or iCloud if you want, but if you're going to do that you might as well not attempt this process in the first place as a troubleshooting step.

    • And unless you load an iTunes back up, you won't be able to restore your iCloud data with a 2FA security account until you have the phone set up as new anyways – where you'll be able to receive a text with your verification code needed to complete login.

    It sucks, but once the device has been set up as new, logging in to your iCloud account from Settings > Sign In will turn your device back into a Trusted Device with the 2FA system, and all your iCloud data will auto-populate across your device at speed based on your Wi-Fi or Data connection.

    Any type of software bug or glitch will be eliminated. Only if the issue is related to hardware would it continue at this point. If you need to end up seeking hardware support through Apple, make sure to also emphasize if you attempted this process specifically as RESTORE AND SET UP AS NEW to avoid an advisor taking you through it again.

    I hope this can help some people out!

    submitted by /u/brenslow
    [link] [comments]

    [ios] can you use air pods while phone is charging?

    Posted: 18 Jun 2019 07:10 PM PDT

    I noticed that the air pods stop working once I put the charger in , you really can't use it while the phone is charging ?

    submitted by /u/Quan215
    [link] [comments]

    Is it possible to send a message from iPhone from my number if the phone isn't connected to service?

    Posted: 18 Jun 2019 06:56 PM PDT

    Not sure if what I'm trying to do is even possible, but that's why I'm here! I have an iPhone that isn't connected to any carrier. I've been using iMessage by messaging people but it comes to them through my email. I have a number but it's currently on an Android. In settings I've found a setting to "Send as..." but it currently only has my email and I'm trying to figure out how to add a number to that option. I've added a number to my iCloud account, but that doesn't seem to help.

    Anything I can do here?

    submitted by /u/MilwaukeeRoad
    [link] [comments]

    Getting street addresses to link to Google maps, instead of Apple maps on iMessage. Is there any way?

    Posted: 18 Jun 2019 06:34 PM PDT

    Title basically. Apple Maps is still a pile of hot garbage and I'd like to use a non-Apple alternative to view directions sent in a text without a copy/paste. Is there any way to change the default?

    submitted by /u/Mr_Saturn1
    [link] [comments]

    Is it possible to retrieve photos and videos after being deleted from recently deleted and not saved on iCloud?

    Posted: 18 Jun 2019 06:27 PM PDT

    How Do I Backup Mail On My Mac?

    Posted: 18 Jun 2019 10:43 AM PDT

    Hi Guys,

    Some of my old inboxes on my Mail app are taking up a lot of space + I never use them. I would like to back them up then delete them.

    What is the best way to back up specific inboxes/Mail accounts such that I can still access my old messages if need be?

    submitted by /u/NWAgh
    [link] [comments]

    Can I request a confirmation email for an in app purchase I bought?

    Posted: 18 Jun 2019 05:57 PM PDT

    I can't find my confirmation email for a purchase I made, and I need it. Can I get a new one, or the old one sent to me?

    submitted by /u/WomPuhh
    [link] [comments]

    Need to replace a key on my early 2011 macbook pro

    Posted: 18 Jun 2019 05:12 PM PDT

    I am missing one of the keys on my keyboard and it is really irritating and ruins the whole look. I looked on amazon but couldn't find any replacement keys. Do you guys know of anything i can do?

    submitted by /u/Mathew_Berrys_Cock
    [link] [comments]

    Google Authenticator APP

    Posted: 18 Jun 2019 04:45 PM PDT

    How do I transfer all codes to another phone ?

    submitted by /u/miketysontheg
    [link] [comments]

    Can’t open, delete, or reinstall Apple Watch Activity iPhone app on iOS 13.0 (17A5508M)

    Posted: 18 Jun 2019 03:19 PM PDT

    https://imgur.com/a/nVXYt4u

    The Apple Watch iPhone companion app for Activity has a "download from cloud" icon next to it. When the app icon is tapped, nothing happens. When I attempt to delete the app, a dialog appears that says:

    Uninstall Not Allowed

    It is not possible to uninstall this app at this time.

    When I try to re download the app through the App Store, nothing happens.

    Yes, I submitted feedback through Feedback Assistant.

    submitted by /u/undermydeathbed
    [link] [comments]

    iTunes library & Apple Music

    Posted: 18 Jun 2019 02:51 PM PDT

    Hi guys,

    Had my iTunes account since the beginning of time. Got years of purchased music in my library.

    I'd like to "hide" said purchased songs so that when i use Apple Music, it's literally just my Apple Music library, not a mixture of the two. Does that make sense?

    My OCD slaps me in the face when i go into albums for example and there's thousands of them, mostly with just one song.

    Hoping to clean up the situation now i'm older and wiser....

    Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/OptionalBaldDude
    [link] [comments]

    What happens if you unplug an external SSD is the startup disk the Mac is currently running on.

    Posted: 18 Jun 2019 02:42 PM PDT

    So I'm currently using an external SSD running Mojave and I was wondering what happens if the SSD is unplugged while the computer is using it. Is it instantly corrupted or does nothing happen and I just have to boot it back up again with that drive?

    submitted by /u/CWMChapman
    [link] [comments]

    Library>Caches - ok to delete?

    Posted: 18 Jun 2019 02:09 PM PDT

    Trying to make some room on startup drive. I noticed that the contents of Library>Caches is huge. Is it ok to delete?

    submitted by /u/eco_bach
    [link] [comments]

    Seems I lost my recovery partition....

    Posted: 18 Jun 2019 02:05 PM PDT

    I have a mid-2010 13" MacBook Pro with Yosemite installed. I had a yosemite recovery partition - it is automatically installed when you install yosemite. However, I was trying to follow some instructions on a few different web sites to install Windows 7 onto a 2nd partition without and CD-ROM (my optical drive isn't working). And after following those instructions, i now find that my Recovery partition is gone and all i have is my regular Macintosh HD and a partition called "EFI," and if i try to boot from the latter, i just get a question mark in the middle of a white screen. My Mac DOES boot up normally into the main partition, but i want that recovery partition back in case i have problems down the road. Does anyone know of anyway to get it back?

    submitted by /u/zlaxxor
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel