• Breaking News

    Friday, May 3, 2019

    Apple Watch I'm building a Apple Watch series 3 diagnostic tool

    Apple Watch I'm building a Apple Watch series 3 diagnostic tool


    I'm building a Apple Watch series 3 diagnostic tool

    Posted: 02 May 2019 04:08 PM PDT

    I'm building a Apple Watch series 3 diagnostic tool

    I need a one of those connectors that let you Apple Watch interface with a computer but they are too expensive and I have decided to make one. The tool connects to the diagnostic port on the Apple Watch and provides a female lighting connector that can be used to connect to a computer These tools are used in apple stores for restoring apple watches. I have heard conflicting rumors about the series 3 diagnostic port pinout matching that of a lighting port. I'm planning on 3d printing the outer housing and physical connector and I have pins that I can use to connect it to the port itself. I just need the pinout for the port and how to connect it to USB port like the original. If anyone has or can make a schematic for this thing that would be awesome. From looking at the photos is appears that this tool is more complicated then just a passive adapter. Ive seen on other threads that these circuit could be just for I have photos of the inside of the tool itself down below:

    my warranty is already over btw

    there is another post like this on ghostlyhaks: https://www.ghostlyhaks.com/forum/hacking-tools/734-apple-watch-diagnostic-port-device

    A video of a cloned version of this (ibus): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ad_Vy3ulSE0

    https://i.redd.it/c4d7wht0pvv21.jpg

    https://i.redd.it/ou74feqyovv21.jpg

    https://i.redd.it/hg1k9038nvv21.jpg

    https://i.redd.it/nelxfaz5nvv21.jpg

    https://i.redd.it/ku0zhp34nvv21.jpg

    submitted by /u/Applsauce54
    [link] [comments]

    Home Flash for HomeKit now available on Apple Watch!

    Posted: 03 May 2019 03:32 AM PDT

    Thanks to the awesome responses I got for my call out to fellow Redditors for Beta testers, Home Flash for HomeKit 1.1.0 is now available, with first-class support for the Apple Watch! Need to get your kids' (or spouses!?) attention, but don't have the energy to yell up the stairs, just raise your wrist and say "Hey Siri, Summon the Child", and flash their lights!

    Works with any HomeKit-compatible Light, Switch or Outlet, and fully supports Siri Shortcuts, including the Shortcuts app, so you can send a text, and flash a few lights, all with a single command!

    We've got more in the works, including a complication and are collecting feature ideas every day - come check us out, and help shape the future direction of the app!

    submitted by /u/Matt1Corey
    [link] [comments]

    So under represented. The Gold Aluminium S4.

    Posted: 03 May 2019 05:53 AM PDT

    Any Apple Watch 5 news?

    Posted: 02 May 2019 11:41 PM PDT

    Any news or links on a S5 release/features or WatchOS 5 news?

    submitted by /u/Onewing09
    [link] [comments]

    The Music app needs improvements

    Posted: 02 May 2019 09:41 PM PDT

    The Music app on Apple Watch should function just like the iPhone's Music app, currently it doesn't really. And if I recall correctly, the Music app was much more functional in watchOS 1-2 before the app was redesigned.

    • Once a playlist or album is played, you can not scroll through the items in the playlist, you must tap on 'Up Next' which is basically the same as playlists listing items. Unless you tap 'shuffle' then you can not instinctively find a certain song. And the items are a mess. It also don't act like 'Up Next' as you can view your history of songs played before.

    • Items in 'Up Next' is limited to 75 songs, so when you scroll through your playlist of 100+ songs, you can not access them unless you play a song near the queue's limit.

    • The animation for 'Up Next' is so unnecessary. It's definitely not a seamless and intuitive experience when working out and trying to select a song from a playlist. It goes like: From the Workout app, swipe to the right to access music controls, tap the song name to jump to the music app, [app switching animation], then tap the 'Up Next' button, [animation of list sliding up from the bottom], which then follows another animation that starts the list from the very top and animates the scroll to the song that's currently playing (and sometimes it isn't even accurate where it scrolls to).

    • The Workout app should just have the 'Up Next' button in the music controller, because it's so redundant jumping from the Workout's music controls to the Music app, which looks identical, the only difference is that you can access 'Up Next'. Those controllers should be the same unless the Workout app is playing third-party audio.

    • Shuffling and repeat controls aren't remembered.

    • There isn't a way to shuffle your Workout playlist by default, so you'll always hear that same song every time you start a workout.

    • Show my playlists, artists, albums, songs, tabs instead of filling the entire screen with 1 playlist or album. The other way shows more content and they'll be more accessible.

    • What happened to Force Touch controls in the Music app? It practically doesn't exist anymore. Give me more controls again! Give me shortcuts from the main menu of the app with Force Touch!

    • Now Playing needs to be baked into Control Center as it does with iOS. Control Center on Apple Watch is also now accessible in any app via holding the bottom edge till it appears, so Now Playing would be more accessible. Double clicking of the side button no longer shows favorite apps by default, but has now became the app switcher, so Now Playing can get lost there. And most watch faces don't support Now Playing either.

    submitted by /u/quitethewaysaway
    [link] [comments]

    I got this notification about three days ago and thanks for the Apple Watch I feel more motivated than ever to move around even if my mobility is less than stellar dealing with a torn meniscus but it’s all about exercising through the pain. Just trying to stay active until a possible surgery.

    Posted: 02 May 2019 11:11 PM PDT

    I'm thinking about getting my first AW (S4) 7 months after release. Should I wait for Series 5 at this point?

    Posted: 03 May 2019 04:16 AM PDT

    Since sleep tracking has reportedly been delayed for the 2020 release, the only feature that might make me wait 5 months would be an always-on display. Besides the regular speed and power efficiency improvements. If they transition to an 7 nm design (the same one that brought 50% better power efficiency to the A12 processor) they just might be able to deliver this feature. Would you wait out at this point?

    submitted by /u/matejamm1
    [link] [comments]

    Long time effects of swimming with SS AW

    Posted: 03 May 2019 08:17 AM PDT

    Will swimming with my SS watch have any long term effects?

    submitted by /u/OW53
    [link] [comments]

    What weather app do you guys prefer on your watch?

    Posted: 02 May 2019 01:31 PM PDT

    I have been using carrot weather since I got my X a while ago and wanted to know what if anyone else prefers Apple weather or maybe a combo of one on the watch and another on the phone?

    submitted by /u/HainesGT
    [link] [comments]

    Hello! I have just recorded my Apple Watch and I am wondering if I can customize answers for messengers. I googled it but I only found a way to do it on iMessage but not everywhere else. Do u guys know something about it? Thanks in advance.

    Posted: 03 May 2019 02:37 AM PDT

    Podcast on WatchOS 5 / Series 4

    Posted: 03 May 2019 05:34 AM PDT

    Hi guys,

    Considering going back to an Apple Watch, so quick question: does WatchOS 5 allow you to sync podcast to your watch via the podcast app and play them without an iPhone?

    submitted by /u/mindvsleg
    [link] [comments]

    Apple Watch ONLY Streams Apple Music

    Posted: 02 May 2019 02:08 PM PDT

    So after a lot of searching I am unable to find the answer to the following question: Will the Apple Watch Stream ANYTHING besides Apple Music WHEN NOT WITH THE IPHONE. (I.e. when going for a run and leaving the phone behind)? From everything I have seen the answer is no. I am NOT talking about music downloaded to the phone but LIVE STREAMING (Pandora, Spotify, iHeart Radio etc....). Apple Music, Apple Radio, and Apple Podcasts that's it correct? It's entirely insular to the ecosystem??

    Or am I just missing something?

    Thank you for a response...I was frustrated to find this out...

    submitted by /u/daddybear329
    [link] [comments]

    Infograph face + music complication

    Posted: 03 May 2019 04:26 AM PDT

    When we have music complication on infograph face set for sub-dial top so it is displayed the full name of the song and we stop a listening session the song name stays there as if we were still listening to music until we force close music app. Any way to let the face return to the watch on its own without having to force close music app?

    submitted by /u/mmbento
    [link] [comments]

    I really like chronograph face, but is there any way to remove stopwatch hand?

    Posted: 03 May 2019 04:26 AM PDT

    Hello! How come the Apple Watch doesn’t recognize I’m standing when working at my standing desk?

    Posted: 02 May 2019 12:56 PM PDT

    Does this have something to do with the orientation of my wrist with respect to how the gyroscope tech in the watch works? I would appreciate any feedback and and possible solutions so that the watch recognizes the amount of time I'm standing.

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/chomie3
    [link] [comments]

    Delft blue from Delft.

    Posted: 02 May 2019 09:04 AM PDT

    Apple needs to bring back the Woven Nylon style band! I just got this band off Mercari today and I love it! This might be my favorite band or it’s at least close lol

    Posted: 02 May 2019 11:13 AM PDT

    Watch 3 not pairing on XS 12.3

    Posted: 02 May 2019 10:30 PM PDT

    So the watch was working fine with the XS until it stopped playing nice and not let me use new photo faces when I made them. They appear in the watch app but not on the watch itself so I unpaired the watch to re pair it which didn't work, I get this error message. Has anyone else encountered and fixed this issue? Watch 3 not pairing?

    EDIT I am running 12.2 not 12.3. Mistype!

    EDIT EDIT: Solved! Performed hard reset on watch and it paired right up. Thanks to everyone who replied.

    submitted by /u/xe0n888
    [link] [comments]

    No haptic taps on iPhone apps

    Posted: 02 May 2019 09:15 PM PDT

    I recently purchased an Apple Watch Series 4 - loving it so far! Having haptic taps on my watch is really useful when my phone is further away.

    I can't seem to, however, get haptic taps for apps that are on my iPhone rather than the watch. Ie. I don't get taps for iPhone-only apps like Instagram, OKcupid, Kijiji. The red notification dot will appear at the top of.the watch but I'd like to get a haptic tap without having to check my watch first. Any help please? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/canadiantony
    [link] [comments]

    Cellular or not...dual sim

    Posted: 02 May 2019 08:40 PM PDT

    I have an iphone XR through Verizon, it is unlocked. The Verizon service is on the eSim. I also have an AT&T FirstNet SIM card which is active. What I am wondering is if I choose to get the series 4 with cellular will I get calls/texts from both numbers if the phone is not with me? I have seen differing info. I don't want to spend the extra $100 and $10/month if I can only get one services calls/texts with my phone at home.

    submitted by /u/FishDragun
    [link] [comments]

    If I’m not active, is the Apple Watch worth it?

    Posted: 02 May 2019 02:40 PM PDT

    Considering getting an Apple Watch, but I'm on the fence. Apart from going up and down 4 flights of stairs on a near daily basis, I sit at a desk all day long. Is it worth it for me to get an Apple Watch? I would love to be motivated to become more active, but I don't know this watch (or any other) would be a big enough factor to motivate me towards that goal. Other users who maybe had that as a secondary goal, what's your experience with the AW? Does it offer enough other benefits (productivity, life improvements, etc) to justify it?

    submitted by /u/paddirn
    [link] [comments]

    [support]

    Posted: 02 May 2019 07:18 PM PDT

    Just got the series 4 Nike edition. Model A1977 Watch OS 5.2 (16T225) I have an iPhone 6s with iOS 12.2

    Having issues where the center of the screen is not reacting to touch when the bottom sensor is directly touching skin. If I hold it by the sides it works just fine, put it on it'll work ok for a minute but then it stops reacting again. Along the sides no issues. Anyone else experience this issue.

    Talked with Apple Support and did some trouble shooting, unpaired and the paired it again. Still the issue remains. I'm planning on going to a Apple Store on Saturday. I'm just checking to see if anyone else has had this problem.

    submitted by /u/ThunderGirlACS
    [link] [comments]

    The iPhone Activity app should show ring progress.

    Posted: 02 May 2019 07:10 PM PDT

    Similar to how the Calendar and Clock app update to real time and the date, the activity app should show ring progress similar to the watch Activity compilation.

    submitted by /u/m1551
    [link] [comments]

    I’m selling my Series 3 Space Grey 38mm Watch.

    Posted: 02 May 2019 06:50 PM PDT

    I'm selling it for $185. Is that a good price? I bought it for $260 brand new but price has gone down a lot and you can find a brand new one now for around $200.

    submitted by /u/Juggernaught56
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel