• Breaking News

    Friday, May 3, 2019

    Apple TV Prime Video - turn off auto-play?

    Apple TV Prime Video - turn off auto-play?


    Prime Video - turn off auto-play?

    Posted: 02 May 2019 09:04 PM PDT

    Is it possible to turn off auto-play in the Amazon Prime app? I've looked under Settings, but if it is there, I am not seeing it.

    submitted by /u/nappingbat
    [link] [comments]

    Are Prime video “Jack Ryan”, “Mrs. Maisel”etc. in 4K HDR quality ?

    Posted: 02 May 2019 10:32 PM PDT

    I set match range and frame rate in Apple TV but when I play prime video series above, it has no hdr only 4K?

    submitted by /u/gaspard0000
    [link] [comments]

    Frequent black screens and then TV static

    Posted: 02 May 2019 06:20 PM PDT

    Does anyone know what could be causing this on my 4k Apple TV? I'll be watching TV and then all of a sudden the TV will go black and I'll get this TV static/noise/fuzz screen. The only way to fix it would be to unplug the ATV or the HDMI switch and plug back in.

    https://imgur.com/a/odnATH0

    Only happens to me with the Apple TV. I've tried various high speed HDMI cables (including a fiber optic one) and it keeps happening. It's fairly frequent (2-3 times per hour or so of watching).

    This is on an LG E8 OLED. My ATV is hooked up to an HDMI switch, which connects to an LG soundbar, which connects via ARC to the TV.

    Thanks in advance for the help.

    submitted by /u/broncosfanatico
    [link] [comments]

    Password

    Posted: 02 May 2019 07:16 PM PDT

    I have an 8 year old who likes to watch inappropriate stuff. So I added a password to apps. But the iPhone remote doesn't pop-up a keyboard for the password screen, so anyone in the room can see the password as I enter it.

    Any workarounds for this?

    submitted by /u/Higgs-Bosun
    [link] [comments]

    directvnow NOT logging me in on AppleTV, but works everywhere else. Any ideas?

    Posted: 02 May 2019 04:58 PM PDT

    For several days now my DirectvNow account is not working on my appletv. Here are the symptoms:

    • When I try to launch my DirectvNow app, it asks me for my credentials.
    • I type in my credentials and it gives me an error for login.
    • The credentials work fine on my laptop and mobile device.
    • I RESET the password, deleted the app, restarted the Appletv, resinstalled the app, and Still nothing!! :(

    I called their tech support, and they escalated it but it's been 5 days and still nothing. The interesting thing is this:

    • When the rep used his credentials on his AppleTV, it worked fine.... then he tried to login with my credentials, and he still got the error!!!!!!!!!!
    • He used his browser, and also tried to log into my account, and was successful as well.  

    • My HBOGO app, which is tied into my directvnow account, seems to be working fine.

    Here is a pic of the error message... Any help would be appreciated

    submitted by /u/ssabripo
    [link] [comments]

    Bypassing remote management lockdown on purchased used Apple TV?

    Posted: 02 May 2019 12:09 PM PDT

    I was sold a cheap used Apple TV recently. When booted up it only shows the Atmosphere TV app and Settings. No app store, features like AirPlay cannot be enabled etc. A little searching suggests this Apple TV may have previously been used by someplace for the app's Chive TV and is locked down.

    I did a Restore Apple TV using iTunes but after connecting it back up to the Apple TV and while going through initial setup at some point during the process it said this Apple TV is being remotely managed by xyz company. It then apparently loaded whatever it is that was loaded on it previously because when we got back to the home screen there was again only the one app and Settings.

    In looking through Settings I see it has some profiles loaded (similar to what appears when loading your own signed apps on an iPhone via xcode/cydia impactor).

    Is there a way to bypass this and get full functionality of this Apple TV or am I hosed on this purchase?

    submitted by /u/pokefabdom
    [link] [comments]

    Apple TV 720p Fix?

    Posted: 02 May 2019 10:22 PM PDT

    I tried connecting my Apple TV 2012 to my theatre setup which goes through a receiver. However, it only detects as 720p. Pretty sure this is a problem with the Apple TV as my other devices are detected as 1080p. Anyone how to fix this problem?

    submitted by /u/SupremeSeb
    [link] [comments]

    This is the worst iPhone icon. Change my mind.

    Posted: 02 May 2019 10:58 PM PDT

    Multiple remotes for Apple TV?

    Posted: 02 May 2019 11:24 AM PDT

    I live in a studio apartment and use my Apple TV as my main entertainment source. I can see the TV from my bed and couch, but would much prefer to keep one remote by my bed and one by the couch. Is there any way to do this? From what I've read, it sounds like you can only have one remote paired to the Apple TV at a time.

    submitted by /u/moskowizzle
    [link] [comments]

    TCL R617 Dolby Vision?

    Posted: 02 May 2019 04:52 AM PDT

    I just recently noticed that since the Roku Os 9.0 update to my TCL R617 my Apple TV has not been able to display Dolby Vision only HDR10. I know this update did something with Dolby Vision because it fixed the Xbox being unable to display Dolby Vision.

    Has anyone been able to get Dolby Vision working on a Roku TV on version 9 or am I basically waiting on a fix from Roku?

    submitted by /u/Zokudu
    [link] [comments]

    How do i play the next or previous track/item with the remote?

    Posted: 02 May 2019 08:33 AM PDT

    Apple TV 4K keeps waking itself up, causing TV to turn on.

    Posted: 02 May 2019 05:12 AM PDT

    So as the title says I have a 4K model, and it's connected to a TCL 55 inch tv. Often times when I put the ATV to sleep mode, it will wake itself up which turns on the tv. I notice this happens more frequently when using the cw app or Hulu.

    When this does happen, the only fix is to restart the ATV and then put it to sleep mode.

    Is anyone else experiencing this and how can we fix it?

    submitted by /u/zslayer89
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel