• Breaking News

    Monday, January 28, 2019

    Apple Macbook In the market for a MacBook Pro and need help with finding the right fit.

    Apple Macbook In the market for a MacBook Pro and need help with finding the right fit.


    In the market for a MacBook Pro and need help with finding the right fit.

    Posted: 28 Jan 2019 07:50 PM PST

    I had been looking at a 2018 MacBook Air, but kept reading on here about 2015 MBA and 2015 MBP. I will likely use this for light to moderate use (web browsing, organizing photos from camera, light word processing). Specs had been eying up have been 8 GB/128 GB.

    Is a 2015 the best way to go as I can save some cash and if so, what should I look for on eBay or Swappa? Budget would be $750 or less.

    submitted by /u/joestackum
    [link] [comments]

    Is this a good buy? The i7 model of the old MacBook Air for $900 at Costco

    Posted: 28 Jan 2019 02:39 PM PST

    Is there a way to fix an inaccurate Spotlight search? It's been driving me crazy

    Posted: 28 Jan 2019 10:02 PM PST

    Advice needed regarding NOISY FAN on a MacBook Pro purchased 3 months ago!! :( :(

    Posted: 28 Jan 2019 09:33 PM PST

    Hi all!!!

    So long story short, I purchased a MacBook Air Spring 2015. I am a student and it has done a wonderful job for my needs (research, writing papers, etc) and absolutely loved it! This past October (2018), I went to class and turned it on and the fan was insanely noisy.. I closed out everything etc etc and rebooted it. Of course it would turn on, be very loud, and cut off. It eventually refused to turn on. I was told by an on-campus IT Apple employee that it was the logic board and it would cost me a lot to fix.

    So instead, I purchased this MacBook Pro (https://www.bestbuy.com/site/apple-macbook-pro-13-display-intel-core-i5-8-gb-memory-128gb-flash-storage-space-gray/5721723.p?skuId=5721723) from Best Buy on 10/11/18. For the last month or so, it has also been EXTREMELY noisy. Like all the time!!! My Air NEVER had this issue until it died on me, and I spent more on this hoping it would last longer. I completely stopped using Chrome as I heard it could cause overpowering and loudness of my MacBook (and am adjusting to safari well.)

    I'm in pharmacy school, and I cannot afford another laptop after this recent purchase. If the loud fan means the logic board is about to have another problem on a THREE MONTH OLD MacBook Pro I am completely at a loss regarding what to do. I am only worried as the only other time I had this problem it was quickly followed by a dead computer.

    I thought it may be best to reach out to my reddit fam and see what you thought regarding a loud fan of a brand new MacBook Pro and what I could do about it /// if I should contact Best Buy or Apple etc...

    Thank you ALL in advance, I appreciate it more than you know!!!!!!

    Jess

    TLDR; 3 month old MacBook Pro is noisy and fan is extremely LOUD even with 3 tabs open on Safari. Advice???

    submitted by /u/newtoadhd123
    [link] [comments]

    Where to buy a 2015 macbook pro in 2019?

    Posted: 28 Jan 2019 09:11 PM PST

    I am looking for a new MBP and would like to avoid the butterfly keyboard and its horrors, + would like legacy ports and magsafe. Thought about the 2017 MBA but I would like a better screen. Since Apple no longer sells the previous generation MBP refurbished or new, where is the most reliable place that I can get a 2015 MBP? Looking for somewhere with reliable quality and a good return policy / buyer protection.

    submitted by /u/Beater99
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook Air 2018 with Dual External Displays

    Posted: 28 Jan 2019 04:30 PM PST

    Hello all. I am trying to setup my new MacBook Air 2018 to two external displays. One is HDMI and one is MiniDisplay. I don't want them mirrored. I don't need to use the MacBook air display so it will be in a closed position. What dongle/adapter do I need? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/yeezytaughtme350
    [link] [comments]

    Is this a good deal? 2014 MBP 15 i7 16gb ram 256gb ssd $600

    Posted: 28 Jan 2019 06:27 PM PST

    Found on Craigslist. Wanna know if this is a good price https://frederick.craigslist.org/sys/d/frederick-2014-macbook-pro-excellent/6799123886.html

    Edit: whoops price is $650 not $600

    submitted by /u/episodicharry
    [link] [comments]

    AirPods will never be the same...

    Posted: 28 Jan 2019 06:20 PM PST

    Bluetooth Headphones Sound Muffled

    Posted: 28 Jan 2019 11:49 AM PST

    I recently bought a 13in MacBook Pro 2018 and I have the Sony WH1000x M3 headphones. I connect my headphones via bluetooth and it sounds extremely muffled, to the point where I have to have the volume at max to sound adequate. However, if I connect the headphones with the headphone jack, the sound seems to go back to normal. I tried it with my mate's Jabra 65t wireless and its the same issue. I tried changing the input from the headphones to MacBook and it barely made a difference. Is there anything else I can do? Am I missing something? Thank you for the help in advance.

    submitted by /u/Dha11y
    [link] [comments]

    555X or 560X for a software & application developer?

    Posted: 28 Jan 2019 05:44 PM PST

    I'm looking to get a 15" with following specs. Do I really need 560X?

    • 2.2GHz 6-core Intel Core i7, Turbo Boost up to 4.1GHz, with 9MB shared L3 cache
    • 256GB SSD
    • 16GB of 2400MHz DDR4 memory
    submitted by /u/westdabestdb
    [link] [comments]

    Problems with keychain

    Posted: 28 Jan 2019 11:22 AM PST

    Hello all,

    I have problems with keychain on my MacBook. After an update I was not able to login. It turned out to be changed keyboard layout but before I realised it, I have changed password in Recovery Mode.

    When I finally logged in, there was a problem with iCloud. After several tries I finally logged to ICloud. Now I have a problem with Keychain. It's turned on but next to its name there is „options" button. There I can change my number for verification. When I do so message pops up „There was a problem with connecting to iCloud." I lost all of my passwords too (on Mac).

    Any ideas what to do?

    Sorry for my English

    submitted by /u/szonkerinio
    [link] [comments]

    MBP 15" 2018 stuck with spinning globe

    Posted: 28 Jan 2019 03:05 PM PST

    Hi guys,

    I thought I could resize my APFS partition a little smallzer so I can increase the size of my Bootcamp Windows. The disk tool didn't work as it said the minimal size for my Mac would be 899 GB even if theres still 400 GB free. I used another freeware tool to resize but unfortunately something went wrong. I still can boot my Bootcamp (which is now 250 GB in total) but my MacOS is no longer booting.

    I sure have TimeMachine backups - but I have no way of booting into anthiny MacOSish like Recovery or similar. Even with a USB MEdia - it lets my choose it when pressed Option key but then it asks for my WIFI credentials and the globe spins for ages.

    Any advice on that? :)

    Thanks!

    PL

    submitted by /u/PhysicalLayer
    [link] [comments]

    Any ideas on why I cannot ping myself? I am connected to the internet, so I know my NIC card is fine. I have tried network utility and terminal, but am out of ideas. (2018 MBP) Thanks!

    Posted: 28 Jan 2019 01:24 PM PST

    Magic keyboard 1 vs Magic Keyboard 2 for my MacBook Pro 2018. Which one is better?

    Posted: 28 Jan 2019 03:37 AM PST

    Price: MK1 is around 20$ (used) MK2 is around 53$ (used) Which one should I get?

    submitted by /u/xavi4
    [link] [comments]

    Photos vs. NTFS!!! Has anyone won this battle?

    Posted: 28 Jan 2019 12:32 PM PST

    Hi guys, so I just bought a Seagate 1Tb external hard drive to store all of the pictures and videos in Photos on, and even though the external drive came with Paragon in order for it to be "Mac compatible" it still won't let me open up photos with it. Wondering if anyone has any experience with this, and is there any risk to the drive not working if I reformat it???

    submitted by /u/ummmarewelost
    [link] [comments]

    Can't download things from App Store

    Posted: 28 Jan 2019 10:18 AM PST

    So I have a Macbook Air and I used to have an iPhone but I don't anymore. Now, whenever I try to download something from the App Store, it tells me to sign in, which I do, but then it says I need to give an Apple ID verification code which is displayed on my other apple devices. But the only apple device I have is my Macbook. I can't even update my software server at this rate.

    submitted by /u/PoliteCobweb
    [link] [comments]

    Is this Legit?

    Posted: 28 Jan 2019 08:56 AM PST

    My friend is trying to buy a Macbook Pro and he found one on Letgo, he contacted the seller and he was trying to sell for $1080. But he's fine with selling it for $900. He said he only charged twice which is odd.

    submitted by /u/supremepolska
    [link] [comments]

    MBP Docking Station with non-Thunderbolt displays

    Posted: 28 Jan 2019 08:51 AM PST

    I have a 2015 MBP and two ASUS monitors (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DX64DCY/ref=oh_aui_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1). I purchased a CalDigit docking station, which lets me use the multi-monitor setup, but ruins the sound (it can only be played straight from the MBP; no external speakers permitted). Rather than buy new Thunderbolt monitors, is there another docking station that will work for this setup?

    submitted by /u/lemon429
    [link] [comments]

    Purchasing a MacBook Pro, please help

    Posted: 28 Jan 2019 07:06 AM PST

    I am going to be purchasing a new MacBook Pro this week, it is a 2018 13-inch with Touch Bar. I was wondering, will it be able to run League of Legends smoothly at native resolution? I do not mind if graphics settings are set to lowest ones.

    submitted by /u/lesliecookie
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel