• Breaking News

    Monday, January 28, 2019

    Apple Help Is anyone else having AirPod connectivity issues?

    Apple Help Is anyone else having AirPod connectivity issues?


    Is anyone else having AirPod connectivity issues?

    Posted: 28 Jan 2019 09:09 AM PST

    So I bought my AirPods when they first released, and have loved them every since. However, over the last 6 to 8 months I'd say, connectivity has started to become an issue. When I first bought them, I could pop them in and reliably assume that they were connected. Now, it's always a guessing game and I have to check. Also, if I'm only using one AirPod in one ear and leaving the other in the case, it's almost a guarantee it doesn't connect right away. I'll get the connected tone, but when I go to check if it's connected, the AirPods aren't an option, and I'll end up getting the disconnected tone. I then have to put the other one in my ear, let it connect, and then put it back in the case. Other times, it'll eventually connect, but only after waiting a solid 30 seconds. Others, I'll have to put it back into the case entirely and start over.

    Could my AirPods be defective after almost 3 years of use, or is this an issue other people have been seeing as well? I don't want to replace them yet, as I was hoping to hold out until the new ones were released in a year or so.

    submitted by /u/biyyadiii
    [link] [comments]

    Trusting software before receiving pictures

    Posted: 28 Jan 2019 08:57 PM PST

    Hope this is the right place to post such a question. Someone I know sent me some pictures through iMessage (I have an iPhone 6 and I'm pretty sure they have an iPhone X, or one of the other really new ones) and before it would allow the pictures to download, a screen popped up that prompted me to trust something, problem was I had just woken up and was half asleep so I barely glanced at it before pressing "trust". The screen looked like the software update screen as in it had the little settings icon in the upper left hand corner with a couple sentences detailing whatever it was and the trust option was in the top right corner. I'm just curious as to what I exactly allowed on my iPhone? I've never come across this before and am hoping I didn't do anything sketchy. Thanks in advance to any answer this may receive.

    submitted by /u/jmich777
    [link] [comments]

    Does usbc to usb to hdmi work for displaying on external monitor?

    Posted: 28 Jan 2019 05:22 PM PST

    I have a macbook pro and a USBC adapter (it has HDMI and USB port) If i plug a HDMI into the HDMI port and then plug a USB-to-HDMI into the USB port(of the adapter) and then HDMI into that.... would dual monitors work in addition to the macbook?

    submitted by /u/Death_AllHisFriends
    [link] [comments]

    Can visiting a website install a keylogger on your iPhone?

    Posted: 28 Jan 2019 09:23 PM PST

    Long story short I received a email from some one trying to blackmail me. Stating they used a website I use to install keylogger malware on my phone. They further listed one of the passwords I do use (nothing for any of my private accounts), and is threatening to send what they think is sensitive information to the contact on my phone unless I pay them $1,000 dollars.

    submitted by /u/stifflersmom
    [link] [comments]

    Need Help Getting Images Off iPhone 6S with broken home button and black screen (but still functional)

    Posted: 28 Jan 2019 09:21 PM PST

    Hi, I am in a bit of a predicament as of right now. I have a phone which recently got black screened which is unfixable (unless I pay for something the price of a new iPhone X which would fix it), and the repair shop recommended a place called Drive Savers, which they gave me a 10% off code for nut it is still stupid expensive, costing an estimated $700-$1,900 to get the data off of it. The only thing I care about on the phone is the enormous camera roll I had from years of use, and I apparently have no iCloud backup for it, and it apparently does not trust any of my computers so I cannot back it up via iTunes. Is there any other way to get all of my images off of it without having to sell my body parts? Thank you in advance.

    Edit: This means I cannot hit "trust" on my iPhone to sync with my computer, thus I cannot backup via iTunes.

    submitted by /u/Themrhalo3freak
    [link] [comments]

    Just bought a Macbook Air 2018 laptop, is there a (none apple) wireless mouse I can get without using the dongle?

    Posted: 28 Jan 2019 05:00 PM PST

    How to permanently delete photos from my hard drive?

    Posted: 28 Jan 2019 08:25 PM PST

    I have the mid-2012 Macbook Pro and it's (obviously) slowed down a lot since I got it (Also--thought I updated it to Mojave earlier but it seems like I waited 45 minutes for nothing to install. Still on High Sierra). I have 200gb of photos in my library but they're all backed up to Google Photos so I wanted to delete them off my laptop to clear up all that space. I deleted them from Photos and then deleted them from the Recently Deleted tab, but when I go to "storage" in "about this mac," it says there's still 200gb of photos on my laptop. Any ideas as to how to permanently clear this? Thanks!!

    submitted by /u/rpc-chambers
    [link] [comments]

    Stuck with Apple Support, what's the best course of action?

    Posted: 28 Jan 2019 04:26 PM PST

    I decided to pounce on the iPad Pro on release last year and ever since I have had issues with it and Apple Support. I sent the first one in because of issues regarding ghost touches and intermittent detection of touch, I contacted apple to setup a service for it, Unfortunately it didnt end there. They sent it back to me the first time, claiming they couldn't diagnose the issue. I chased it up again telling them it's obvious and obstructive to my use of the device, so I sent it back again and they decided to send me a refurb back, not the original with a fixed screen or a new one (which they promised), This refurb had slight bend to it, a somewhat faulty camera and dark spots on the screen.

    Nevertheless, I talked to support again and after a text chat and a phone call, politely expressing my frustrations, the support person assured me they'd send a note to the repair team, and setup a recall for it and get me a new one like they promised initially.

    fast forward a week after sending it in a third time and surprisingly it's been through the original process, a repair email came up, I thought this was odd, considering I wasn't getting a repair, I was getting a new replacement, I waited it out and saw what came out when I got the package.

    I opened the package to find the refurb device, same quirks and all. They didn't listen to me, I feel messed around, I've wasted so much time with this already and I'm damned if I'm going to get something sub-par for the price I paid. I don't understand how this meets Apple's quality standards, I guess they've declined since I bought my iPod Touch 4th gen, iPad 3rd gen and the Macbook Pro 2010.

    I'm not sure what to do about this now, I want to get their promised new one or at the very lease give me back my old one wiht a new screen, since everything else about it was fine. I live too far away from an Apple store too, so I can't feasibly go in and demand a replacement.

    submitted by /u/Xylodrin12
    [link] [comments]

    Hey, any help with the Verification Required after trying to download an app?

    Posted: 28 Jan 2019 07:22 PM PST

    I have already contacted Apple Support about this but is there anyone here who knows the solution to the Verification Required after you try to download an app?

    submitted by /u/ChiefMegaDong
    [link] [comments]

    Does my friend get a notification when I unshare my location from her on find my friends?

    Posted: 28 Jan 2019 06:50 PM PST

    My mac won't boot into safe mode. The Apple help article says that safe mode works with file vault, but a lot of other forums I've read say that file vault needs to be disabled.

    Posted: 28 Jan 2019 06:27 PM PST

    Here's the article:

    https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201262

    I have an early 2014 MBA running Mojave (10.14.3). I'm following the directions exactly: holding shift immediately after I hit power, then holding it until I see the login screen. I'm checking in System Report and it says its booting in normal mode.

    Additionally, I have a firmware password disabled.

    I'd prefer not to disable file vault since it takes hours to decrypt. Anyone know how I can get my mac to behave as Apple's help article states it should? Thanks for any help!

    submitted by /u/000040000
    [link] [comments]

    My old iphone 2g is having some problems

    Posted: 28 Jan 2019 02:12 PM PST

    So I have just gotten an old iphone 2g which has problems turning on. I have put it on charging for more than an hour but it does the same cycle of loading screens.

    The first loading screen was the iPhone's low battery screen telling me that it needed charging so naturally I put it on charging and without charging it won't turn on. The second screen is of the apple logo with a black background as if it was restarted and someone had turned it back on.

    After a couple of minutes the screen stays like that until it has a buffering screen which cuts through the apple logo and it doesn't seem to be moving at all. I think this might be a charging issue or a battery issue.

    submitted by /u/dbsbeebayhz
    [link] [comments]

    Sad day for damaged laptop

    Posted: 28 Jan 2019 05:53 PM PST

    A couple of minutes ago I saw a post selling a macbook pro for free but it has water damage and doesn't work, I decided to take it off her hands and after some research, I don't know if I can repair it? Does anyone know any good places to get a MacBook Pro (2014) Repaired from water damage? Or is it safe to say just buy a new laptop?

    submitted by /u/lanedestroyer
    [link] [comments]

    Deleted movie taking up space

    Posted: 28 Jan 2019 05:38 PM PST

    Howdy!

    I transferred a movie from my Mac to my ipad using the VLC File transfer function in iTunes. I then deleted the movie again, but the exact amount of storage that the movie was is now showing as "other" on the ipad and in iTunes. Under the ipad>general>manage storage is shows 11GB for "system" where before it showed as 3 or 4. Help!

    submitted by /u/AlexRogansBeta
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook pro broken screen or glass?

    Posted: 28 Jan 2019 11:32 AM PST

    Is this a broken screen or just broken glass? What new part do I need?

    https://ibb.co/CKD5KVy

    submitted by /u/eivdjo
    [link] [comments]

    How to remove Remote Management?

    Posted: 28 Jan 2019 05:21 PM PST

    Upon leaving my old company, I asked for an address to return my MacBook Pro to and they just told me to keep it as they had switched to giving their employees PC's. However, it has Remote Management on it and cannot be used without a login. I tried erasing and formatting the hard drive only to find that it was not removed. Is there any way to get rid of this? Can I contact Apple or my former employer? Can I buy a completely new hard drive and install it? Any help would be great. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Oninteressant123
    [link] [comments]

    Started with the grey screen/circle with slash

    Posted: 28 Jan 2019 11:00 AM PST

    I have a 2012 MacBook Pro. I haven't opened it for about a month and a half and haven't had any issues with it until I opened it up today. It was dead so I plugged it in and waited for a reboot.

    A screen came up that showed a circle with a slash through it. I did what the apple forums said (started in recovery mode) to reinstall Mojave. I get to the part where it says to select a disk to install but nothing shows up.

    I went to disk utility and it shows a disk (OS X base system). I ran first aid and tried reinstalling but nothing still shows up. Please help and thanks in advance!

    *I'm not super technical with computers

    submitted by /u/jesserthantherest
    [link] [comments]

    Locked out of my Ipad 2

    Posted: 28 Jan 2019 06:55 AM PST

    When my wife bought her first car she got a 'free' iPad 2 with it, This was around 5-10 years a go. During those years one of her sisters was messing with it and it locked you from entering another passcode in for so many minutes, The time on there was something outrageous, it added up to years and even after all this time of not using it, it was still locked and not letting us input a password. (though to be honest probably would not of remembered the code anyway its been so long) anyway we reset it in the hope that loosing all content on the device would at least free it up and let us use it again for our toddler daughter. Sadly it has a lock on it and wants you to unlock it via the apple account associated with it. Having not logged into her Apple account for so long she had forgotten the password and tryed a couple of the usual ones she uses today, Sadly it didnt work and apple locked her apple account too. Going through the usual forgot my password bla bla this is where microsoft comes in an ruins the day. Because her 10 year old Hotmail account has not been accessed in so long Microsoft decided to ask for proof she owned the account, therefore they locked the account even if we knew the password (which we had) but it needed verification from a 10 year old phone number no longer in use or her dads 10 year old email address which was Rocketmail and has since been deleted and moved to Yahoo so the email no longer exsists & there is no way of getting it back. So i tried to use Microsofts account recovery thing where you send off information about your account and they manually review it and get back to you if the information matches up. This came back wrong and said no your not having your account back. The only reason i can think of this is that her dad would set up her hotmail.com email for her when she was very young 10-15 years a go and probably used bogus info to just skip the set-up process. i Even tried arugueing with Microsoft in emails even giving them times and dates & locations of where the last logins would have been from etc but they ended up just ignoring me completely and told me to try again in 3 months.... its been so much of a hassle thats its continued to sit in the draw after all this time until now my daughter is 2-1/2 and staring to enjoy being able to use tablets etc

    So thats the current situation, i think i have covered everything. We have had this paperweight for so long and i am just wondering if there is anything i have not tried or something i can do to get the iPad working again.

    Edit: thanks for all the replies and suggestions

    submitted by /u/aCharizardOnReddit
    [link] [comments]

    Which partition to delete, just want to confirm that I'm about to delete the correct one on my HDD

    Posted: 28 Jan 2019 04:21 PM PST

    I have a 4TB HDD called alpha. I made a 250GB partition called beta. I want to delete beta so I can have the full 4TB as one drive again. When I go into Disk Utility I select the HDD alpha and delete beta from there, not the other way around. Is that right?

    Once again, to avoid losing data on the HDD I want to confirm that I should delete the beta partition while alpha is selected in Disk Utility.

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/cteavin
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Air 2018 Dual External Displays

    Posted: 28 Jan 2019 04:19 PM PST

    Hello all. I am trying to setup my new MacBook Air 2018 to two external displays. One is HDMI and one is MiniDisplay. I don't want them mirrored. I don't need to use the MacBook air display so it will be in a closed position. What dongle/adapter do I need? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/yeezytaughtme350
    [link] [comments]

    Hoping you guys can help out!

    Posted: 28 Jan 2019 04:19 PM PST

    Unable to install Windows 10

    Posted: 28 Jan 2019 03:52 PM PST

    So I am trying to install Windows 10 on a late 2013 Macbook Pro via bootcamp and every thing works fine and the computer reboots and starts the Windows 10 install. I select the time and currency that I want to use and the next screen it says to select the OS you wish to install. The issue there is that there is nothing in the list. I have tried it twice, and waited longer during the second time and again it was still blank after 5 minutes.

    When I click on next I get an error saying that the install has failed and the computer reboots back into the Mac OS. When I go back into bootcamp the only option is to delete the Windows partition.

    Totally stumped at what the issue might be. Help please and thanks.

    submitted by /u/shinytrina
    [link] [comments]

    Voicemail Transcription Not Showing Up

    Posted: 28 Jan 2019 03:39 PM PST

    Hey all,

    As the title says my voicemail transcription isnt working and I like using it.

    I reset my network settings yesterday and it still isnt showing voicemail transcription.

    Can anyone give me the user decision tree to get to the button that turns it back on?

    Thanks guys. I'm using an iPhone 7 btw.

    submitted by /u/ncomaman
    [link] [comments]

    Money stuck in Apple Pay

    Posted: 28 Jan 2019 07:40 AM PST

    I have never used apple pay before and am having issues with retrieving money that was sent to me.

    I got the text from a friend that says they sent me $50 through apple pay. However, when I try to set up my debit card to get the money, it says they do not support the card. Also on the original text with the money, it says "Expired" in the bottom left corner. Not sure what that means. The money was sent about a week ago but I was just waiting for a time to set up apple pay.

    Is there another way for me to get the money? Or could I send it back so that he can use a service that actually works?

    submitted by /u/NudeJr
    [link] [comments]

    Word problem?

    Posted: 28 Jan 2019 02:47 PM PST

    So this might sound really stupid but it's honestly a problem that's been bothering me for months! So basically whenever I'm in a word document and I click on f3 and choose another page to go to it just sends me back to my word document! The only way I can avoid this is first going to my desktop and then going to chrome, safari, whatever. Anyone know what to click to get rid of this stupid being redirected thing?

    submitted by /u/cellulair
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel