• Breaking News

    Sunday, October 14, 2018

    macOS Just booted up my MacBook Pro and this happened... Any solutions?

    macOS Just booted up my MacBook Pro and this happened... Any solutions?


    Just booted up my MacBook Pro and this happened... Any solutions?

    Posted: 13 Oct 2018 10:31 AM PDT

    PSA: XLD 20181001 is out and is now 64-bit

    Posted: 13 Oct 2018 10:52 AM PDT

    https://tmkk.undo.jp/xld/index_e.html

    Release Notes:

    • XLD has become 64-bit app
    • 64-bit version requires OSX 10.6 and later. Now XLD is a 3-architecture universal binary, so 32-bit intel and PowerPC machines are still supported (10.4 and later). Note that external plugins should be updated to use with the 64-bit version.
    • Supported dark mode appearance in macOS Mojave (Experimental) Disabled by default, but you can enable by choosing "Enable Dark Mode Support" under XLD menu. It requires app restart to switch enabled/disabled state. When it is enabled some graphical glitches may appear (regardless of light/dark appearance).
    • Supported EBU R128 for gain analysis Now XLD uses EBU R128 loudness curve with -18 LUFS reference level for ReplayGain calculation. If you still want to use a traditional ReplayGain loudness curve, enter defaults write jp.tmkk.XLD XLDGainAnalyzerFormula -int 1 in Terminal.app. -int 0 uses R128.
    • Supported reading CD-Text
    • If XLD cannot get metadata from iTunes, metadata from CD-Text will be used.
    • Fixed a problem when opening audio CDs with long volume name
    • Made TAK decoder compatible with an official Wine app bundle
    • Updated LAME to version 3.100
    • Various small bug fixes
    submitted by /u/metafizikal
    [link] [comments]

    Should I update to MacOS Mojave? (MBP 2018 13' i7 16gb High Sierra)

    Posted: 14 Oct 2018 02:14 AM PDT

    Enable SSH in Mac Terminal

    Posted: 14 Oct 2018 02:05 AM PDT

    I have install EVE-NG networking simulator using VM ware its successfully installed then i start new lab and add some nodes and try to access but its not working i mean unable to SSH but its working when i use telnet.

    How can i enable SSH access in Mac terminal..?

    submitted by /u/uda2012
    [link] [comments]

    Posting from Safari because Chrome won't let me use Reddit

    Posted: 13 Oct 2018 06:00 PM PDT

    I am super super new to Mac. (MacBook Air purchased a couple months ago) Always a PC user. Anyway, I downloaded MacOs Mojave 10.14. And so far, I've noticed I cannot use Reddit in Chrome anymore. I cannot click on anything. It loads the page. But not the images. And I can't click on anything at all. I can't make a post, because I can't click post button after I write something. I can't comment because I can't click the comment button. I can't visit my profile because I can't click my profile button. And so on........

    There may be other things I just haven't noticed yet (with other sites or other issues in general) because I am not familiar with my Mac. I just use it to browse mostly. But so far all other internet sites work fine in Chrome. Just not Reddit.

    I chatted with Apple support. They said it was an issue with Google. But Apple called me anyway try to help. Tried a few trouble shooting steps like turning my comp on and off and got me to show them what happens when I go to Reddit on Chrome. But they still said it was a third party issue with either Reddit or Google. So...I'm stuck. I don't know who I am supposed to contact or what the problem even is.

    I'm just confused. I am not techie at all. I don't even understand most of this stuff and I don't know my way around my computer well at all yet. Can anyone help me? Thank you :)

    submitted by /u/lovemedegrademe
    [link] [comments]

    Weird icon in the menu bar

    Posted: 14 Oct 2018 01:20 AM PDT

    Weird icon in the menu bar

    Hi guys

    I am quite annoyed by this. Does anyone of you know, what this icon mean (on the picture the first on the left)? Nothing happens if I click on it... I hope it is not some malware..

    What does the icon on the left means?

    submitted by /u/majorAligator
    [link] [comments]

    For anyone who needs to constantly turn off and on Wi-Fi to reconnect every time they open their Macbook Pro or is having general problems with the speed of their Macbook (2016 and beyond)

    Posted: 13 Oct 2018 08:44 AM PDT

    I've been looking for fixes all over the internet and trying them all out. None of them worked but yesterday I was messing around in settings and discovered a setting that for some reason fixed pretty much all the problems I have been having.

    Go to System Preferences > Energy Saver > Untick 'Put hard disks to sleep when possible'

    submitted by /u/WFlumin8
    [link] [comments]

    Prohibitory Sign after (attempted) upgrade to mojave

    Posted: 13 Oct 2018 09:33 AM PDT

    I have a retina macbook pro (2014) with a 250gb ssd. upgraded from high sierra to mojave just now, leaving me with the prohibitory sign when i try to sign in

    The macbook boots, and i am able to sign in to the guest user account, however when i try to sign in to my standard account it will attempt to continue the installation (what i think it's doing, as it's showing a progress bar), but fails to do so and leaves me with the sign.

    i'm clueless what i should do, obviously i need my files.. Does anyone know a solution?

    Edit: i tried cmd+opt+R, i ended up trying to install the OS again but only got this far: . Note that this is on the guest user account, and i am not able to access filevault

    submitted by /u/Gmzorz
    [link] [comments]

    How to migrate just the good stuff to my new Mac

    Posted: 13 Oct 2018 02:19 PM PDT

    I got a new iMac and am trying to find the best way to "move in" to it. I know that Migration Assistant will move everything over, but I don't want to take all of the library files that have bogged down my former iMac over the years.

    I could start from scratch on the new machine, but my iTunes and Photos libraries have be curated over several years and I don't want to redo all of that work.

    What would be the best option to move my music and photo organizations without bringing all of the junk and debris that accumulates over time?

    submitted by /u/das_goose
    [link] [comments]

    More than El Capitan on 17“ MBP „Early 2008“ (A1261)?

    Posted: 13 Oct 2018 01:22 PM PDT

    I still love my late father's 17" MacBook Pro from early 2008 (Model A1261) and just recently bought a new battery (non-original; unfortunately those aren't available from Apple anymore) and implanted a fast SSD. However, the official latest OS X version for this MBP is 10.11.6 („El Capitan"). Are there any known hacks to make Sierra, High Sierra or even Mojave work with this old gem? I'd be thankful for any hints/pointers. Thank you very much & nice greetings from Germany.

    submitted by /u/metawops
    [link] [comments]

    Play/pause button

    Posted: 13 Oct 2018 02:22 AM PDT

    Recently installed Mojave on to my MacBook and have just noticed that the play/pause button works with the most recently played media. Before I installed Mojave the button just controlled Spotify but now I find myself playing and pausing YouTube videos. Does anyone know if there's a setting I can change to get it back to just controlling Spotify? Thanks.

    submitted by /u/No-Closer-To-Heaven
    [link] [comments]

    Recommend me a Weather App for MacOS?

    Posted: 13 Oct 2018 07:14 AM PDT

    Have Carrot Weather, seems buggy and hasn't been updated years.

    Any recommendations for a good weather app for my Movaje macOS?

    submitted by /u/RedRocker55
    [link] [comments]

    Apple Watch unlock with Mojave

    Posted: 13 Oct 2018 11:59 AM PDT

    Hey everyone,

    I've been noticing that after upgrading my MacBook Air to OS Mojave the apple watch unlock has been working less consistently. With High Sierra my apple watch unlock would work 90-95% of the time. But after upgrading I feel like the apple watch unlock fails ~50% of the time and I'm required to type in my password.

    Anyone else have a similar issue, or know a fix?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/sidkulk
    [link] [comments]

    How tf do I close that

    Posted: 13 Oct 2018 04:30 AM PDT

    How do I get rid of that eject button?

    Posted: 13 Oct 2018 10:05 AM PDT

    MOJAVE will NOT install on my iMac late 2012 with NEW SSD Installed.

    Posted: 13 Oct 2018 08:36 AM PDT

    I have read that Macs with updated ssd drives (mine was originally the fusion drive) my new drive is a crucial ssd, will not allow for Mojave to install. Every time I try to install it this error comes up: "this volume is not a supported core storage configuration"

    IS THERE ANY SOLUTION TO THIS THAT ANYONE KNOWS?

    WOULD MUCH APPRECIATE IT!!

    submitted by /u/mustardjuice2
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel