• Breaking News

    Sunday, October 21, 2018

    iPhoneX iPhone X and HSPA+ on tmobile

    iPhoneX iPhone X and HSPA+ on tmobile


    iPhone X and HSPA+ on tmobile

    Posted: 20 Oct 2018 06:25 PM PDT

    So here's the deal I'm in a fringe area with tmobile. Getting a signal in certain areas can be a challenge. Lately I've been trying different phones to see if I can obtain a better reception...

    On my iPhone X it would do Ok at holding LTE but when it drops to "4G" which I'm assuming is HSPA+ the phone is basically worthless. I might be able to send an imessage or sms but thats about it. On LTE I can stream videos to some extent but it's not exactly reliable.

    I gave the new XS Max a try and it was much worse than the X. It couldn't hold on to LTE to save its life and even on 4G you could forget about it.

    Now I have the Pixel 3. Its reception is tremendously better than both the XS and the X. When it falls back to HSPA+ it's still quite usable. I can even still stream YouTube videos.

    My question is why does the iPhone seem incapable of using HSPA+? I understand Intel makes inferior modems compared to Qualcomm but this is a HUGE difference. Especially with HSPA.

    It sucks because it puts me in a situation where I almost have to switch to android and I don't really want to. Either that or move to Verizon and raise my bill.

    submitted by /u/toasted_cracker
    [link] [comments]

    Dropped my phone, now there is a green line. But I do have Apple Care.

    Posted: 20 Oct 2018 10:14 PM PDT

    As the title says, I just dropped my phone and now there is a very wide green line down the center of my screen.

    https://imgur.com/a/jVRxIIC

    There are no visible scratches on my screen or the back but, after a quick google search, I found out that the only way to fix this is to get my screen changed.

    I checked the Apple Support Page after putting in my serial number, it says that my Repairs and Service Coverage is Active.

    https://imgur.com/eRzlzkB

    So, I made a Genius appointment (there is only one official Apple Store in Korea), but I was wondering if I will be charged to get the screen changed.

    **I have never got any repairs for my phone, so please let me know what the process is like. I've only been an Apple user but I'm such a newbie when it comes to repairs and apple care.

    I got additional insurance with my carrier when I purchased the device, so should I contact them first or just go to the Apple store?

    Gosh, I just still can't believe I dropped my phone. I've never damaged a screen on my phone before.

    submitted by /u/na6293
    [link] [comments]

    No Sim Card Detection

    Posted: 20 Oct 2018 10:12 PM PDT

    Hi! Is it just me that my iPhone X's SIM card detection is pretty poor?

    Every month of so I get No Sim Card Detected error randomly which is only fixed when I reboot the phone.

    There was once I put my iPhone X on a selfie stick/tripod and I got No Sim Card Detected error message maybe because the selfie stick's grip is pressing on the SIM Card Tray.

    Just this week my phone accidentally slip out my hand (Which is on the table) and dropped like 5cm to the table with a case, and my iPhone got No Sim Card Detected until I reboot.

    It is not a big issue but is this a problem for you all? Should I just get it checked out by Apple?

    submitted by /u/mitchytan92
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel