• Breaking News

    Sunday, October 21, 2018

    Apple Help How do I put money on my Apple Pay without a credit card?

    Apple Help How do I put money on my Apple Pay without a credit card?


    How do I put money on my Apple Pay without a credit card?

    Posted: 21 Oct 2018 02:10 PM PDT

    I don't want to use a debit card or credit card linked to my bank account and apparently iTunes gift cards do not work. Suggestions?

    submitted by /u/Cessium137
    [link] [comments]

    Why do some of my camera roll pictures have a black background sometimes?

    Posted: 21 Oct 2018 05:37 PM PDT

    When I toggle the options menu for the pictures (the one that shows Edit and Share/send...), the pictures are original. But when I hide that menu and view the whole picture, the entire white background turns black and a few lighter shades turn darker. This has been happening for years, is there a fix for it?

    Thank you for any help!

    submitted by /u/foofoononishoe
    [link] [comments]

    Old iMac - what should I do?

    Posted: 21 Oct 2018 02:40 PM PDT

    Got an old one 2009 24in iMac 2.4GHz Intel Core Duo 1GB DDR2 RAM.

    Think it's a T7700 CPU.

    OS X 10.5.8

    What can I do with it? Think the OS can't be upgraded.

    It's only used for email and internet. It has Photoshop CS3 , Final Cut Pro though they're ten years old now.

    I could upgrade the RAM but what about the CPU?

    Could I load Linux Mint?

    Not a Mac user mostly Windows but have Mint in an old laptop which I upgraded recently.

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/pmabz
    [link] [comments]

    Yesterday I f'd up and upgraded to Mojave despite using an external 1080p monitor like 95% of the time unknowing of the font rendering removal. How do I revert back to 10.13?

    Posted: 21 Oct 2018 05:18 AM PDT

    I've entered "defaults -currentHost write -globalDomain AppleFontSmoothing -int 3" into Terminal, but it still looks off. Don't even want to get used to it. I've lived without dark mode for the past 8 years of having Mac's, I think I can go without it.

    submitted by /u/prinxTiger
    [link] [comments]

    iMac 21,5 late 2009 (10,1) with broken builtin ethernet.

    Posted: 21 Oct 2018 10:35 PM PDT

    Is my ethernet port done for?

    I'm running 10.11.6 and network settings for ethernet says:

    "The cable for Ethernet is connected, but your computer does not have an IP address."

    even if the ethernet cable is disconnected from the machine.

    Also, I don't get link lights on my router either.

    I've tried:

    -Manually assigning a valid IP adress

    -Different router ports

    -Different cables

    -Same Cable different machine

    -Every other possible combination

    I've read about the update that broke ethernet on Mac OS ("Incompatible Kernel Extension Configuration Data") and checked for it.

    USB ethernet adapters work perfectly.

    I've also tried a reinstall, bootcamp, checking if it works in recovery to no avail.

    Lastly I have done a SMC, NVRAM reset as well.

    If this is not the right place to post this or there is another sub that could help me please let me know, I'd appreciate it.

    submitted by /u/psheljorde
    [link] [comments]

    Purchased iTunes songs, how do they work

    Posted: 21 Oct 2018 10:17 PM PDT

    I have a handful of songs I purchased from itunes but they're not making a lot of sense to me, like they don't wanna follow any rules. I changed the genre on all of them but in my iphone, they still appear with the same genre tag they were purchased with while the new genre isn't in the phone. Also I unchecked them from syncing in the first place, and they still are in my iphone. I have unchecked songs that are not itunes songs and they don't appear in my phone so it should be working. What's up with these?

    submitted by /u/PrettyTonyTiger
    [link] [comments]

    Text message/imessage issue

    Posted: 21 Oct 2018 01:30 PM PDT

    When either my mom or dad text me, it comes under their name. However, the other parent's imessage is deleted and combined with the sending parent. They share the same apple id. Nobody else in my contacts does this. I can send a message to one of them and it might go to the other. Is it an issue on my phone or theirs?

    submitted by /u/cameron_larsen
    [link] [comments]

    How to go to an earlier version of an app?

    Posted: 21 Oct 2018 05:50 PM PDT

    Hey guys, I really suck with apple technology so I would appreciate if so one can explain this to me like I am a noob. Here's the situation:

    I have an older black iPad mini that I hadn't updated in ages. I also have another iPad mini (white) that's a bit newer. I had this app that I really liked on my first iPad, with full features and everything that I spent money on already. So I go to the app store and download it onto my new iPad right? Unfortunately, when I go to into the app, I see that I downloaded an updated version of the app that has way less features than the older app on my black iPad. This newer app version gives you the option of getting a discount for a "different" app that essentially has all the features that were on the older version of this app. With the discount it's essentially the same price that I already paid.

    So my question is, is there a way to transfer the app version from my black iPad into my white iPad? Or is there a way to downgrade the app on my white iPad into the same version as my black iPad?

    Also, I have rarely ever used iTunes on a computer, so if the solution does involve me using iTunes on a computer, I would really appreciate step by step instructions on how to solve this issue.

    Thank you all in advance for your help.

    submitted by /u/tissuebox119
    [link] [comments]

    Does the trackpad on an Early 2015 Macbook Pro (Retina, 13-inch) not click in as much as 2011 Macbook Pro (13-inch)?

    Posted: 21 Oct 2018 09:27 PM PDT

    Help partitioning external hard drive to boot linux and store data on the side

    Posted: 21 Oct 2018 05:40 PM PDT

    I want to install Linux on a partitioned hard drive and just got the Samsung SSD T5, not knowing it had a Master Boot Record thing on it (I am not very knowledgable about drive partitioning, but after this, I hope to know a bit more). I wanted to partition the external drive so that I can boot up Linux off of it, but after looking up online about how to get around the Master Boot Record error, I noticed that almost all of the images I saw involved changing the Scheme of the drive in Disk Utility, but in Mojave 10.14, it doesn't seem to have the option of changing the scheme. Does anyone know about how to go about this?

    PS I am also a newbie at installing an OS onto a external drive, so if anyone knows how to, that would be much appreciated!

    submitted by /u/udon4brkfst
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Pro Retina Screen - Littered with white dots

    Posted: 21 Oct 2018 05:31 PM PDT

    My MacBook screen is littered with white dots, heavily concentrated in the middle, and slowly dissipates as you move outward to the edges. You can see them during any lit screen (login, all applications, etc).

    Not really sure what the issue could be...(dead pixel army??) otherwise the laptop performs fine.

    MacBook profile, and pics of the dots in my imgur album:

    https://imgur.com/a/nzRExuO

    submitted by /u/blast47
    [link] [comments]

    Are you allowed to use a family member’s credit card to purchase an iPhone without them being there, but with their permission?

    Posted: 21 Oct 2018 08:48 PM PDT

    So I'm in PA, and my mom is in NY. She is not available to come to PA when Oct 26 is my birthday. She told my aunt that my aunt will bring me to the Apple Store next few weeks so I can pick out an iPhone I want. When purchasing, my mom will send her credit card information to my aunt and my aunt will use it to purchase. Is this legal?

    Also... my mom is so confident... so does that mean Apple allows credit card numbers to be entered in a system for purchasing in real life? My mom's credit card is not present with my aunt.

    submitted by /u/Electrizendo
    [link] [comments]

    Upgrading hard drive on an Original MBA (early 2008)

    Posted: 21 Oct 2018 04:34 PM PDT

    So this is a less common request, but I have an old MBA I'd like to get working again. The biggest issue seems to be the speed of the HDD. I know the original MBA uses a ZIF connector for the HD. There are a few SSDs with ZIF connectors out there, but I was curious if it would work to use a ZIF to SD adapter? I see several out there for kidding old iPods, but googling hasn't led me to anything that would indicate if that would work on the MBA.

    This is the sort of adapter I'm looking at: SD/SDHC/Micro SD TF Flash Card to ZIF Reader Adapter as SSD https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XDJZR25/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_a0qZBbNN4SPWG

    submitted by /u/elcapitansmirk
    [link] [comments]

    Visual Voicemail Help!

    Posted: 21 Oct 2018 08:19 PM PDT

    So my girlfriend got an iPhone 8 about a month ago. She said as long as she's had the phone she hasn't had visual voicemail. She had an android forever so she didn't know the phone was supposed to have it, and I just now found out because I saw her manually checking her voicemail. I figured it would be an easy fix, but I'm really stumped.

    When you click on the voicemail tab it just says "Call Voicemail." She gets notifications and badges that she has voicemail. Just no visual voicemail option or any option to set it up.

    I have tried all of the following: resetting the network, togging airplane mode, toggling off data, toggling siri on/off, calling her own phone and leaving a VM, etc.

    The weird thing is that when I try change the password via the Setting > Phone > Change Voicemail Password it lets me type in the new password but after I confirm the new number it just greys out and kinda "freezes." I left it on that page until the phone went to sleep and when it woke back up it was just back on the Settings > Phone page. I can however change the password via manually calling in.

    I'm wondering if since she never set it up in the first place, she like "declined" the option for it so now it just doesn't work? I've tried like every option I can find online for this problem.

    Thanks for any help!

    submitted by /u/keirey
    [link] [comments]

    My partner’s MacBook Air (2017) just stopped working. Tried all passages recommended by Apple for troubleshooting, no luck so far. Any suggestions? :(

    Posted: 21 Oct 2018 02:16 PM PDT

    Hi everybody! My lady received a MacBook Air just last Christmas, and it stopped working today, plainly refusing to turn on. It happened just out of the blue, with no warnings of any sort; luckily it's still under warranty, but we are concerned she may lose some data when they give it back.

    A quick list with a few details for you guys:

    • It's a MacBook Air, 2017 model;
    • It was recently upgraded to Mojave;
    • My partner doesn't stress it, ever. She just uses it to watch tv series, surf the web, and transfer pictures from her phone;

    • The power adapter works with my MacBook Pro. We also tried switching power adapter and let the Mac charge for a while, to no avail; -I tried holding down power for ten seconds;

    • I tried resetting the NVRAM;

    • Desperate, I tried resetting the SMC;

    All of these attempts led to tons of hope and subsequent disappointment. She will book an appointment with the Genius Bar for next week, and the warranty should cover us. But I've got no clue how this could have happened, especially because, of the two, I am the mad man playing games on his Mac, occasionally. Plus, we are concerned she might lose all of her pictures when the computer comes back (and she never did a backup of her computer before - I know, have mercy on her poor soul).

    If you guys have any suggestions before we send the baby to the Apple doctors, or even just an idea of how this could have happened, please let us know. It may well be a hardware issue, but I wanted a third opinion before getting to conclusions.

    Thank you so much for reading this, guys! I'll be waiting for your replies 😱

    submitted by /u/Wolfstrong1995
    [link] [comments]

    Bent the prongs on my MBP charger. Is this covered by AppleCare+, or do I have to buy a whole new charger?

    Posted: 21 Oct 2018 04:18 PM PDT

    Zoom out Apple TV

    Posted: 21 Oct 2018 08:03 PM PDT

    I have a really bad habit of fidgeting with the remote while I watch TV and once in a while it results in accidental button presses. Well I did something I can replicate while watching some older 4:3 TV content and it zoomed in on the content. Now it's filling the screen but cutting off the top and bottom of the content.

    I can't figure out how to fix it. Googling is giving me old posts that don't apply to the current model, mostly saying there's no zoom capability, and when I try to narrow it to 2018 I just get reviews. So the internet isn't helping me. I basically just need to know what gesture I did accidentally.

    submitted by /u/NotRoryWilliams
    [link] [comments]

    iTunes Search “My Library” Very Slow

    Posted: 21 Oct 2018 01:59 PM PDT

    When searching for a song, artist, album etc. it gives this lag spike and takes a while to search and very slowly goes letter by letter. Heard about adding RAM to iTunes. Not sure how to go about anything. (Around 3k songs in my library, latest version of iTunes.)

    submitted by /u/theimerr
    [link] [comments]

    How can I change default finder folder options for sort, clean up, column view, etc for EVERY folder FOREVER?

    Posted: 21 Oct 2018 10:26 AM PDT

    Currently on Mojave. I remember back in the day (2009-ish) there were apps which would let you make power user-type changes for finder and system preferences, does anything like this still exist, or is there any way to solve this issue once and for all? I'm sick of how files always end up messy and out of order.

    submitted by /u/noahjk
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Pro Late 2015 USB Problem (could not find a solution using Google)

    Posted: 21 Oct 2018 03:24 PM PDT

    Hi, I have a MacBook Pro Late 2015 and I have a problem with my right USB. I can see storage sticks and external hard disks (also copy from/on them), but if I try a mouse or my microphone, it won't work (the microphone's led is red, so it gets power - Blue Snowball Ice). Anyone here got some ideas on how I could fix this? Do you think it's a hardware problem? Thank you.

    submitted by /u/TotallynotReimu96
    [link] [comments]

    Phone mic no longer fully functioning on iPhone 6S.

    Posted: 21 Oct 2018 03:10 PM PDT

    So I've had my iPhone 6S for maybe a year or so, and it had no issues other than a weak charging port (hardware failure due to usage). I took it it into a phone repair shop who replaced the charging port. (had it repaired on like the 9th of this month) However, since then I have realized that the one mic (the one at the bottom of the phone by the charging port) is no longer fully functioning. When I speak into it, I come as being SUPER quiet. I tried adjusting any volume things I could find but to no avail.
    I do not take many calls on my phone, but on the first call I had taken since having the charging port replaced, the person on the other end said they could barely hear me. I then tested it out several times and can confirm that nobody can hear me.
    If I put the phone on speakerphone then it is fine since that feeds through a diff. mic, but the regular mic is not working properly anymore. I did dust out the mic holes as well which did not improve the performance.
    Prior to having the port replaced I had never had any issues with the mic on the phone, but post-replacement it has not worked once.
    Am I safe in assuming that they messed up my mic when they replaced the port? They have like a 90 day warranty on the part, so I'm hoping they can correct what I'm assuming is their mistake for free.

    Just trying to gather info so I don't go in as a dumbass.
    Any info about this issue is appreciated. Also, if anyone has any tips for how I can more rigorously test the mic that would be appreciated as well.

    submitted by /u/lordofthecats2017
    [link] [comments]

    Shortcuts Siri not working

    Posted: 21 Oct 2018 02:40 PM PDT

    iPhone on iOS 12.0.1 can't get Siri to work with any shortcut. Siri says after awhile something went wrong try again a little later or there is a problem. Any ideas?

    submitted by /u/Tomreddit4
    [link] [comments]

    Hello, it is possible in an iPhone SE to hide the name of the carrier? Thank you

    Posted: 21 Oct 2018 06:04 PM PDT

    My iPhone storage is 62.4 gb out of 64 and most of it is other but my total other is 6gb and I can’t backup my phone either

    Posted: 21 Oct 2018 01:57 PM PDT

    Recovery of iCloud Email

    Posted: 21 Oct 2018 11:41 AM PDT

    I set up a new device for my granddad and he didn't have the password lying around or rather had a few different ones lying around which we weren't sure which one was the right one so we tried of all of them. The account as per usual with apple was locked directly after two tries and now I have to recover it.

    Should I just call support or write an email? He doesn't have access to the recovery email only to the icloud email on his phone from which I would write said email to apple support.

    submitted by /u/7100180
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel