• Breaking News

    Monday, October 15, 2018

    iPhone If Apple actually releases the next SE as this, I’d probably trade my XS for it 🤤

    iPhone If Apple actually releases the next SE as this, I’d probably trade my XS for it ��


    If Apple actually releases the next SE as this, I’d probably trade my XS for it ��

    Posted: 14 Oct 2018 11:15 PM PDT

    Just kinda satisfying to see everyone fillin’ up.

    Posted: 15 Oct 2018 01:46 AM PDT

    Google Photos makes the volume bar bearable, even cool! (Top Left)

    Posted: 15 Oct 2018 02:49 AM PDT

    Moved to iOS and Xs from android. My first impression: Things are sooooo buttery smooth!!

    Posted: 14 Oct 2018 09:13 PM PDT

    No more stutters and lags :-D

    submitted by /u/SankyHanky
    [link] [comments]

    Looks like Fortnite is a language now...

    Posted: 15 Oct 2018 08:09 AM PDT

    iPhone XS Max crashing when zooming in to a video taken on the phone.

    Posted: 14 Oct 2018 11:23 AM PDT

    My iPhone XS Max was stolen in SF

    Posted: 14 Oct 2018 11:27 PM PDT

    I was walking home and was a minute away from my apartment when some guy on a BMX bike came by and swooped my iPhone from my hands. I immediately asked a kind stranger to call the cops and filed a police report. I put he phone in Lost mode and erased all content and settings. I didn't purchase theft insurance with Apple Care+ (so many regrets) and am filing a claim with my credit card company for purchase protection up to $500.

    Is there anything else I can do to help recover costs and replace the phone? I am so upset and quite shocked. Grateful I didn't get hurt. Any tips would be helpful.

    submitted by /u/jenkster13
    [link] [comments]

    TIL Safari on iOS has a limit on open tabs

    Posted: 15 Oct 2018 09:12 AM PDT

    For the curious, it's 500.

    submitted by /u/MirRelevant
    [link] [comments]

    Moving away from iPhone?

    Posted: 15 Oct 2018 07:43 AM PDT

    Just curious to see if anyone has or will decide to move away from iPhone? Either to any of the new phones such as the Note 9, pixel 3, Razer Phone 2, or others? I'm personally debating on leaving and going with the Note 9.

    submitted by /u/mikematnyr
    [link] [comments]

    Xs Max Frame Chipped Off Out of Box

    Posted: 15 Oct 2018 06:15 AM PDT

    Hi everyone. I bought a Space Grey 256GB Xs Max last Friday. I had to go overseas so I left the phone at home and only managed to take it out today.

    First thing I did was to run to a store, bought screen protectors back and front. I watched the guy paste them with care. When I took the phone I realised there were 3 chips on the frame where the stainless steel meets the front glass.

    These chips are tiny but you can see the silver when you look at the phone straight on under decent lights.

    Can anyone advise if Apple would do anything should I bring it to the store? There is no way I could have dropped it or knocked it, those 3 chips are small enough that it looks more like a manufacturing defect and less a physical damage.

    I paid $2039 for this in my currency and I really don't expect the stainless steel frame to have chips right out the box.

    Is this "expected behaviour" as what I would be predicting the Apple Store to say or is there something I can do about it at the Apple store?

    Photos: https://imgur.com/KXSOvMf https://imgur.com/kiDQgHd

    submitted by /u/ExynosInfinite
    [link] [comments]

    Pre order sales tax

    Posted: 15 Oct 2018 08:40 AM PDT

    I live in a state with sales tax but close to another state without sales tax. Can I pre order with in store pickup to avoid it?

    submitted by /u/Rootbeer_FLOAT1957
    [link] [comments]

    Alternatives to Apple's default camera app

    Posted: 15 Oct 2018 04:12 AM PDT

    I recently bought an unlocked iPhone XS from Japan. Due to Japan government restrictions, the shutter sound on the default camera app cannot be disabled. I would prefer silent camera mode. I came to know that using 3rd party camera apps is the only alternative. On Android world, Google's own Gcam is there. I would like to know the top alternatives for Apple's camera app that is available in App Store.

    Note: Please don't suggest jailbreaking. I'm already aware of that option to disable camera shutter sound.

    submitted by /u/pradeepviswav
    [link] [comments]

    Weather app that pulls from NWS?

    Posted: 15 Oct 2018 09:42 AM PDT

    Wx Alert USA was my go to app because it pulled information from the national weather service. Do any other apps do this?

    submitted by /u/reddiculousity
    [link] [comments]

    How often do all you iPhone X , XS, ect, users utilize wireless charging?

    Posted: 14 Oct 2018 08:47 PM PDT

    I got to say, when I'm going to bed it's pretty convenient to set it down and not worry, but I've also noticed that no one seems to talk about it much, and least not on this subreddit

    submitted by /u/TSwazz
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone else notice cursor movement using 3D touch get worse with this last update? (iPhone X)

    Posted: 14 Oct 2018 06:01 PM PDT

    Hey all. I'm on a regular 64GB iPhone X with the most recent version of iOS.

    Ever since 3D touch was added to iPhones I've been a huge proponent/user of the feature that lets you "press into" your keyboard to then move around the cursor in whatever you're typing. Goddamn I love that feature, in the past I've singled it out to Android users as the one proprietary feature that I just could not stand losing if I were to ever leave the iPhone.

    So that being said, over the last few years I've become very accustomed to it being available and reliable. I didn't notice any differences with the feature when I moved from my 6S to my X earlier this year, but almost immediately upon updating to iOS 12 I've noticed a sharp drop in consistency with it.

    What will usually happen is "hard pressing" into the keyboard as I've trained myself to do will instead open the "alternative characters" pane for the character, and typically if this happens once (ie, "pressing in" doesn't work first try) it'll take me three, four, five "tries" to get it to work.

    I'm not sure if there's been any changes to the behavior of the feature with this revision, but I'm now running into these minor issues several times a day where I used to almost never have any problems.

    Anyone else notice this or have any other info on the subject??

    submitted by /u/fe-and-wine
    [link] [comments]

    (iPhone 8) lightning earphone audio is worse than older phones with the earphone jack. Anyone else?

    Posted: 15 Oct 2018 08:22 AM PDT

    iPhone X drains 14% battery overnight (8 hours) On Stand By standby.

    Posted: 14 Oct 2018 11:03 PM PDT

    I Bought New iPhone X 4 Days Ago. it's running on 12.0.1. it's draining 14% overnight on standby.

    Is it normal? is it my phone's problem or with iOS 12.0.1?

    [WiFI ON. Battery health 100%. Bluetooth,mobiledata off.]

    submitted by /u/luckydpatel
    [link] [comments]

    Help with iPhone Upgrade Program as a Straight Talk Wireless customer

    Posted: 15 Oct 2018 07:40 AM PDT

    I'm hoping to get some clarification on something, and I'll try to keep it short. Until this summer, I've been an AT&T customer since 2008. Two years ago, I bought my iPhone 7 through Apple's upgrade program, out of a desire to keep AT&T out of the process. This summer, I was still making monthly payments on my phone, that only just ended in August. During that time, I chose not to renew my contract with AT&T and moved to Straight Talk Wireless's monthly plan, as it was more than I needed, for much less money per month.

    My step father had done the same, and I knew that I'd have no issue taking my new sim card and using with the 7 that I'd bought while I was on AT&T plan.

    Fast forward to today. I'm hoping to buy new iPhone XS through the upgrade program. I called apple to make sure that there would be no issue with service/connectivity as I'm not a customer of the big 4 companies any longer (AT&T, Verizon, Sprint, or US Cellular). The woman on the phone told me that in order to qualify for the upgrade program, I had to be a customer of one of those four companies. Well that's silly, I'm going to ignore that.

    Here is my question: is there anything that has changed from the iPhone 7 to the iPhone XS that would prevent a Straight Talk SIM card from working just fine with an iPhone XS?? For clarification, I believe Straight Talk is a sister company to Tracfone (as my phone says "TFW" near the bars at the top) and that Tracfone doesn't maintain their own network, rather they access the networks of the other major carriers. I'm hoping to know for sure before I go and sign a 2 year contract, and was really hoping that some of you kind folks could help me out.

    1 comment

    submitted by /u/WarDoctor91
    [link] [comments]

    USB-C charging worth it?

    Posted: 15 Oct 2018 05:10 AM PDT

    So now that there's a USB-C to lightning cable out, is it worth it to invest? I was looking at getting the anker USB-C battery and outlet set and cable from apple for the XS max. Would it be worth it over the traditional brick it comes with? Also would charging with USB-C cut the lifespan of the battery?

    submitted by /u/Awc8587
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone XS MAX gets warm on the right side next to the power button

    Posted: 15 Oct 2018 07:19 AM PDT

    Is this normal? Usually a phone will heat up somewhere in the middle, but this new XS Max heats up at the right side next to the power button. Should I return it?

    submitted by /u/JaxTellerr
    [link] [comments]

    Google Pixel 3 XL vs iPhone XS Max: Camera Review + GIVEAWAY!

    Posted: 15 Oct 2018 09:57 AM PDT

    Iphone 6+ made a random yelling noise

    Posted: 15 Oct 2018 09:54 AM PDT

    Last night, I was on my phone and it made this weird shouting noise of a woman. I am afraid I got hacked or have a virus or something. I recall a time I called my carrier net10, and an indian call center picked up and told me they "lost" my phone number so I had to tell them my imei number, carrier network settings, sim card number, etc. It was resolved afterwards, but still I am worried that I have been hacked or something. Can someone explain this weird noise?

    submitted by /u/hotshadow10
    [link] [comments]

    Face ID + LastPass (or another password manager): Amazing.

    Posted: 14 Oct 2018 11:40 AM PDT

    Face ID + LastPass is pure magic. The idea that something works so quickly, easily, and securely is amazing.

    This is the feature that has blown me away more than anything else about my new phone.

    submitted by /u/SteveAM1
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel