• Breaking News

    Tuesday, October 23, 2018

    Apple TV Did the ads on YouTube quadruple?

    Apple TV Did the ads on YouTube quadruple?


    Did the ads on YouTube quadruple?

    Posted: 22 Oct 2018 11:43 AM PDT

    I watch car reviews on YouTube every morning before work. Usually I'd see 1 as at the start of a video, and maybe 1 more in the middle.

    Seems like in the past week or two I'm seeing 4 or 5 ads over a 15 minute video.

    I know we need to watch ads to watch YouTube, but lately it feels like too much. Did something change?

    I might just go back to AirPlaying from my MacBook with ublock origin.

    submitted by /u/grantbwilson
    [link] [comments]

    Quick Youtube (and other apps) Ad Blocker Solution

    Posted: 22 Oct 2018 01:18 PM PDT

    Quick Youtube (and other apps) Ad Blocker Solution

    https://i.redd.it/dp3f67e9mst11.jpg

    I've been noticing a lot of posts here regarding Youtube ads and haven't seen any solution so I thought I'd help out.

    • From the Apple TV Main menu, click on "Settings."
    • Click on "Network."
    • The network menu will display your current network configuration. Click on the configuration listed under "Connection"
    • Click on "Configure DNS" and then "Manual"
    • Enter "176.103.130.130" or "176.103.130.131"
    • Click on "Done" once you have entered the DNS.
    • Restart your Apple TV

    This is a free and easy solution to blocking ads on your Apple TV but will also work on any device including your iPhone and your home modem/router (blocks ads on the network itself). The DNS service itself is provided by AdGuard and you can check out their website for other paid and free adblocking solutions. There are other service providers out there so if this one stops working in the future you can let me know seeing that I'm a fellow Apple TV owner.

    submitted by /u/Vkxnx
    [link] [comments]

    Can anyone help me with this moving line on projector connected to Apple TV 4?

    Posted: 23 Oct 2018 01:48 AM PDT

    Gifting a movie, but via a printed redemption code/barcode instead of emailing

    Posted: 22 Oct 2018 03:05 PM PDT

    Hello. I'd like to gift a specific movie to someone, but I don't want to send the redemption code and message to her via email, I'd like to "wrap" it with other stuff in a gift basket. Any recommendations on how to accomplish this? Given that email seems to be the only delivery method, could I send it to myself via email, where the code would be in the email, then use a printout of the email/code? Is the code tied to the target email address (apple ID?) specified at the time of purchase?

    I looked for a way to test this, but I can't find any movie purchases that are super low priced ($0.99) for testing. I could send a $0.99 movie rental or app from the iOS store, but there may be differences between the handling or rules for movie purchases vs. apps and movie rentals.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/bobogator
    [link] [comments]

    LG OLED (2016) + Apple TV 4K and Dolby Vision/HDR10 - HIGH FRAMERATE

    Posted: 22 Oct 2018 06:07 AM PDT

    So supposedly the "best" setting (IMO) is 4K SDR with Match Dynamic Range and Framerate set to YES. This way SDR plays in SDR and HDR (HDR10 or DV) plays in The HDR type it actually is.

    This seems to work, but whenever I play DV content, the frame rate bumps up past 24fps or something. It seems unnatural (like when you have the "True Motion" TV setting enabled).

    Is there any way to play DV content without the frame matching?

    submitted by /u/sewersurfin
    [link] [comments]

    ISS Screensavers mysteriously gone

    Posted: 22 Oct 2018 12:59 PM PDT

    Hi everyone,

    So I was thrilled with the new ISS screensavers and while I would kill for the option to exclude specific ones (LA Airport I'm looking at you) I was thrilled with the new additions.

    However I noticed a few days ago they were just missing. They just wouldn't show up.

    Decided to load up my remote app and swiped through. I have but 10 screensavers there now, and the ISS screensavers are gone. I think I'm missing a few of the more recent additions as well.

    I'm really bummed and SERIOUSLY hoping that they aren't relegated to the 4K Apple TV (I'm also on the beta)

    I've got screensavers set to download daily. I switched it to never then back to daily and also rebooted, but I'm left with all of 10 and none are the ISS images.

    Am I alone? Is this happening to anyone else with an original atv4 or a 4K version?

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/andsoitgoes42
    [link] [comments]

    Original AppleTV – lost remote and then moved (new WiFi). What are my options?

    Posted: 22 Oct 2018 05:45 PM PDT

    I lost my cursed Apple TV remote after a long and wonderful 3 years of managing to not lose it. I was getting along fine with the Apple TV Remote app until I moved this past weekend and now my phone and Apple TV are no longer on the same WiFi so I can't use the Remote app.

    What are my options? Is there a way around this? I can AirPlay to the Apple TV and can see the screen that says "Your Apple TV isn't connected to the network" but I have no way of getting to the settings.

    Thanks in advance and a big middle finger to whoever designed the Apple TV remote.

    submitted by /u/merpit
    [link] [comments]

    Can apple tv change input tv input?

    Posted: 22 Oct 2018 06:43 AM PDT

    Hey, I have an apple tv 4k with sony bravia tv.

    I was wondering if it is possible to change tv source using apple tv remote to ps4

    submitted by /u/Leezorq
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel