• Breaking News

    Tuesday, October 23, 2018

    Apple iOS In case you don’t know about this, just touch and hold the refresh logo. ๐Ÿ˜‰

    Apple iOS In case you don’t know about this, just touch and hold the refresh logo. ��


    In case you don’t know about this, just touch and hold the refresh logo. ��

    Posted: 23 Oct 2018 12:30 AM PDT

    Exporting iOS 12 Notes

    Posted: 22 Oct 2018 06:48 PM PDT

    To export notes taken on an iOS device seems to lead down a path to a bunch of utilities which are free for the first few notes and then an exorbitant amount to get the rest. I did a little research and have created a python utility that can extract the notes from an unencrypted backup. I'm on macOS but this probably works the same on Windows. I hope this helps some others.

    If you know of a GUI app that does this and is free, please let me know.

    Notes2Txt didn't work for me. iMazing costs $65. dr.fone costs $99.95 (saving up to $129!). There are more.

    submitted by /u/marxy
    [link] [comments]

    When I get to 54GB, it says iPhone storage full and so does WhatsApp? Says that when I connect to iTunes too

    Posted: 23 Oct 2018 06:43 AM PDT

    APP RECOMMENDATION: An app that removes all your mobile ads using a VPN that only routes add traffic, a configuration profile and a Safari filter. Works for me, doesn’t seem to have any rate limit and it is free. (not affiliated with the app creator in any way)

    Posted: 23 Oct 2018 03:35 AM PDT

    Crypto mining apps banned from ios - Apple News

    Posted: 23 Oct 2018 07:33 AM PDT

    Well this is interesting. How accurate is FaceID?

    Posted: 23 Oct 2018 07:03 AM PDT

    is it normal that my batter deteriorated that fast?

    Posted: 23 Oct 2018 06:50 AM PDT

    I had previously the 7 Plus and after one year I had ~92% battery health Now I switched back to the 6s and have only 88% left, I bought this phone new in May 2018 - that's what make me wonder. the problem is that I always charge my phone and use it excessively, but 88% is still a little low after a few months right? does anybody have similar experiences?

    submitted by /u/tim_at
    [link] [comments]

    More apps need to take advantage of the taptic engine.

    Posted: 23 Oct 2018 03:00 AM PDT

    [Discussion] So far, i've only seen that apps only use the taptic engine for 3D Touch feedback. There should be more uses for that haptic feedback.

    A prime example of this utilisation is the Apollo app on iOS (reddit). This kind of implementation should be used more in other apps like WhatsApp, YouTube etc.

    Q: Are they any other apps which take advantage of the haptic engine well?

    submitted by /u/rapphyyy
    [link] [comments]

    Safari Search Suggestions

    Posted: 22 Oct 2018 08:35 PM PDT

    I've recently updated to iOS 12, and now have search suggestions on Safari above the keyboard. I have everything relating to Siri or search suggestions turned off in settings, as well as predictive text for the keyboard. Does anyone know what the deal is?

    submitted by /u/TrainWreck661
    [link] [comments]

    Messages in iOS 12 - accessing the camera roll

    Posted: 22 Oct 2018 07:08 PM PDT

    I imagine most people using iOS 12 have experienced the new process of inserting a photo from the camera roll into a message. Instead of tapping the camera icon and then selecting a recent image or the camera roll itself, you must now either use the app drawer or tap the camera icon...then tap the photos icon in the upper left corner of the camera. I think this is the single most annoying iOS change since I first got an iPhone in 2010.

    I'm curious as to what people's opinions on this change are? Can anyone that works in UX design explain why this isn't bad design? I've only seen a few posts on here and across the internet, but honestly expected more people to complain about it.

    Is the general consensus that the reason for this update is to push the presence of the app drawer in Messages? The only way to get this basic, essential functionality back to 2 taps is to show the drawer at all times. Maybe I'm not seeing something, but apps in Messages never seemed that useful. I've always appreciated the clean design of iOS and straightforward functionality. The app drawer makes a core app look like something contaminated with bloatware.

    Is stock Android any better?

    submitted by /u/kbh987
    [link] [comments]

    Message in iCloud - Sync Timing

    Posted: 22 Oct 2018 01:04 PM PDT

    I have Messages enabled in iCloud. After a couple of recent restores (iPhone, iPad) I have found that a handful of recent conversations (or portions thereof) are missing in Messages. In both cases, I've run a manual iCloud backup prior to restoring.

    When Messages are enabled in iCloud, how often / when do they synchronize? Based on what I've experienced, it seems that they sync only during the nightly on-WiFi iCloud backup.

    submitted by /u/misterkevo
    [link] [comments]

    well, my iPhone x has battery drain issues. When i go bed and literally doing nothing on phone, some shit still is going on... does anyone has answers ?

    Posted: 22 Oct 2018 11:52 AM PDT

    How to open txt file as ebook?

    Posted: 23 Oct 2018 02:53 AM PDT

    I have a ebook which is in txt format and I can't find a way to open it.

    submitted by /u/das_arse
    [link] [comments]

    If you use iCloud Photos, The photos or videos you want to delete will not be deleted and will continue to be synchronized

    Posted: 22 Oct 2018 02:18 PM PDT

    Firstly, sorry about my English, because i use google translate.

    Let me start my story.

    To take a training video, I took 4K video about 1 hour and 45 minutes with iPhone 7 Plus. I'm using a 128 GB model. My phone also had about 48 GB of free space. The videos I have created have a data of about 43 GB. I transferred the files to the PC and then deleted it from my phone and also deleted it from the "Recently Deleted" folder.

    "Settings> General> About" tab "When looking at the" Available "section was 48 GB available, everything was normal. But when I looked at it with a different application, I still had 5 GB of "Available Capacity". I think after a while I will lock my phone and put it aside. After a while I noticed that the iPhone was warming up. When I started to examine my phone, I realized that I was able to upload Wi-Fi data transfer to the widget with an app I could see. When I looked at the "Available Capacity" section again, I saw that the figure didn't change. When I looked at the "Photos" application, I saw, Uploading 6 items upload, and I realized that iCloud Photos was using upload.

    iCloud Photos sync is set to Optimize iPhone Storage. When iPhone capacity is full, it means that it will continue to record by deleting old photos or videos. I was using the iOS 12.0 version when I had this "problem".

    In this case, I did not take a new video even though I deleted the iPhone is still sufficient capacity to upload because it is a mistake? Is it a reason for Big Data to upload to iCloud servers even if we delete every deleted photo or video?

    I solved this "problem" as follows;

    I turned off Settings> Photos> iCloud Photos and found that my phone slowly opened up space. After the deletion process is finished, I opened the iCloud Photos sync again and everything came back as before and there was nothing to upload.

    Since there is no proof, you can observe this "problem" or a "deliberately made mistake" by trying it yourself.

    I'm looking at the "Available Capacity" app: Lirum info

    The app i'm looking at Wi-Fi Upload / Download and "Available Capacity": Vidgets

    submitted by /u/engintetik
    [link] [comments]

    Save Audio Messages ios 12.0.1

    Posted: 22 Oct 2018 05:44 PM PDT

    Let me know if this has already been posted; I went through the subreddit and couldn't find it.

    Recently updated to ios 12.0.1, and now I can't save my audio messages to my voice memos. Usually it's Messages --> Person --> Long press on audio message --> save but after trying that and restarting my phone it hasn't been working. Any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/Sadvoric
    [link] [comments]

    Passing on an iPod in another country...

    Posted: 23 Oct 2018 01:42 AM PDT

    Bit of a weird one this, but would appreciate any insights!

    A few years back, I lost an iPod in another country. Someone found it, and contacted me. As I've kind of moved on from it, and I have (loose and tangential connections to the finder), I'm going to pass it on to them.

    It's locked to my Apple account, but isn't in a locked state (just a 4-digit password). Is there a way to remote wipe it - ideally to factory settings - so they can make use of it? Can I do that from FindMyiPhone?

    Sorry - reading this sounds like request for help with a crime, which it isn't! (of course a criminal would say that right...)

    submitted by /u/davemee
    [link] [comments]

    cant change date and time automatically

    Posted: 22 Oct 2018 02:57 PM PDT

    i have turned location services off and wifi disabled but it wont let me change the date and time automatically. when i used to be able to flick the switch on set automatically its now in grey and unable to use like it has been disabled to use this feature. anyone got a fix? thanks :)

    submitted by /u/TheRealVenonymous
    [link] [comments]

    Why do my apps do this all the time and how can I make them stop?

    Posted: 23 Oct 2018 12:54 AM PDT

    Old Ipad

    Posted: 22 Oct 2018 10:59 PM PDT

    I'm sry if this is the wrong place to post this but recently i found my old ipad mini 2 and i'm having trouble resetting/updating it. the reason it needs to be reset is because I can't remember the password and it is currently stuck in recovery mode. i have tried Itunes and it is constantly giving me error 9 but i have tried multiple cables and don't think it is the problem. I have tried third party programs and either they cant detect the Ipad, have an error, or cost money. was wondering if somebody has a answer for me or should i just give up.

    submitted by /u/jtpro02
    [link] [comments]

    Bluetooth audio quality still inconsistent after updating to 12.0.1

    Posted: 22 Oct 2018 11:02 AM PDT

    Is anyone else having still having this problem? Saw a similar thread posted a couple of weeks back but it seems as though not a lot of iPhone user have this problem (or they just don't notice).

    (I believe that) Since I updated to iOs 12 I've had this issue with the audio quality being really inconsistent with bluetooth. I've got a proper headphone and a decent car radio, but I notice it with both and I can't even begin to explain how annoying these quality drops are... audio quality swinging somewhere between 320kbps and 128kbps over and over again.

    I was hoping they'd fix this problem with this update but I guess it was to good to be true. I've tried all these so-called troubleshooting tips but nothing seems to work. Is there anyone who has any knowledge if Apple has already acknowledged this problem? I'm seriously considering to go to the genius bar but I doubt anything'll come of it...

    submitted by /u/jougernaut
    [link] [comments]

    App that locks you out?

    Posted: 22 Oct 2018 10:38 PM PDT

    Does anybody knows it there exist an app that makes your mobile like locked, so if you try to like go in to youtube you cant under the night?

    submitted by /u/KebabMeister4
    [link] [comments]

    how’s ios 12 battery should i update?

    Posted: 22 Oct 2018 12:37 PM PDT

    iphone 7 plus

    submitted by /u/imkeneth
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel