• Breaking News

    Saturday, October 20, 2018

    Apple Macbook Thank you Apple, for the silence.

    Apple Macbook Thank you Apple, for the silence.


    Thank you Apple, for the silence.

    Posted: 20 Oct 2018 07:19 AM PDT

    I am currently using a Macbook Pro 15 from 2010 that I bought used for 400 bucks in 2013. The laptop has been used by many people before me and I use it every day for various tasks and 99% of the time it still, 8 years after production, stays absolutely dead silent. I even have a fan monitoring program installed and the fans are almost always idling at 2000 rpm each. I honestly find that incredible for such an old machine. I installed an SSD as well to make everything even more silent.

    I have gone through several other PC laptops during the life span of this machine. All of them had had 1 fan and overheating issues with buzzing fans. All of them were more expensive than this Macbook was for me. So thank you apple, for already over 10 years ago understanding how to solve fan noise in laptops by placing dual fans and introducing one piece aluminium chassis. It worked wonders and you have made many people that demand absolute silence from their machines very happy.

    submitted by /u/KentuckyThumpicker
    [link] [comments]

    Mojave took away my widgets?

    Posted: 20 Oct 2018 07:19 PM PDT

    I just updated to Mojave and now when I try to three finger swipe from left to right to get my post-it notepad thing and weather and stuff, nothing happens. I tried to look up these things in finder too but I can't find my post-it? That had some important info on it...

    How do I get this gesture back?

    submitted by /u/aggressivebat
    [link] [comments]

    How much for MacBook Pro with cracked Retina display? (UK)

    Posted: 20 Oct 2018 04:13 PM PDT

    So I'm thinking of selling my MacBook Pro, I bought it refurbished from eBay last year for £1500 after a decent tax rebate but I broke the screen in March and can't get the funds together to repair it. I can still see the majority of my screen but there's a large portion which is incredibly glitched out.

    I have AppleCare, but since it's technically accidental damage Apple have quoted me £600-700 for their repair (the price changes depending on who I speak to). I have an ex Apple employee friend who can get the screen I need off eBay and do it for around £350-400, but that's still way out of my budget and I can't help but think of how much better off I'd be if I just sold the thing and got a sturdier laptop which is cheaper to maintain for way less money.

    Here are all the stats: Retina, 15 inch screen, mid 2015, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD, 2.2Ghz i7. I'm going to have a diagnostics check ran on it in store before my AppleCare runs out to make sure everything is grand internally before I try to sell it on.

    Realistically, given the broken screen and all, how much do you think I could get for it in the UK?

    submitted by /u/cooortney
    [link] [comments]

    Help

    Posted: 20 Oct 2018 05:29 PM PDT

    I have a Mac book pro. I was cleaning and deleting files. I accidentally deleted all of my years of photos and videos out of my iPhoto. Is there any possible way to recover them on my own?

    submitted by /u/Zeropossibility
    [link] [comments]

    What is a good virus protection for a macbook pro?

    Posted: 20 Oct 2018 11:31 AM PDT

    I currently have been using avast the free one but i've always been skeptical of the program. Is there a really good one for macbooks?

    submitted by /u/Chamushgoo
    [link] [comments]

    I need help with a command shortcut!

    Posted: 20 Oct 2018 01:25 PM PDT

    So I've always been able to just press cmd + Q to quit chrome, but now I have to hold cmd + Q to quit. I might have pressed something by accident, but I want it back. Can anyone help?

    submitted by /u/Malthe16
    [link] [comments]

    Your thoughts on Apple 13.3" MacBook Air (Silver)?

    Posted: 20 Oct 2018 05:05 AM PDT

    According to Amazon, Apple 13.3" MacBook Air (Silver) is 37% off. Is it worth it? What are your thoughts on this macbook?

    submitted by /u/carxee
    [link] [comments]

    Thinking of buying a Macbook pro 2017

    Posted: 20 Oct 2018 08:46 AM PDT

    Hey i need a new Laptop for University and i just can not decide on which i should buy..

    people telling me Lenovo or a Macbook, now that i have some sort of programming as part of my classes i am not so sure about how worth a macbook is? i could get the Macbook pro 2017 version new for 1150 Euros.

    do i have any disadvantages going with a macbook over an laptop from like Lenovo?

    submitted by /u/Rysens
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook pro internet slows down when I close the lid.

    Posted: 20 Oct 2018 11:09 AM PDT

    So i have a mid 2014 MacBook pro with retina display and I attach it via HDMI to an external monitor.

    When I used to close the MacBook pro (it's connected to power constantly) the image would stay on the monitor and I could use the laptop no problem.

    However if I close the lid now the internet either cuts off or becomes so slow its impossible to use.

    Any advice or ideas to solve would be much appreciated.

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/A_Walkerz_7
    [link] [comments]

    Bootcamp Issues

    Posted: 20 Oct 2018 11:04 AM PDT

    So I just go my MacBook Pro 15" 2017 base model. I installed a bootcamp partition and there are just some weird quirks.

    1. I can no longer see my Mac OS X partition when it bootcamp. It is running Mojave and I'm assuming this is related to the new AFPS file system. Is there a work around to be able to view my Mac OS partition. I only assigned 40 GB to Windows as that's enough to store my core apps and programs and would like to access my Mac partition and I use an external ssd for games and big files.

    2. My Magic Keyboard and Mouse are not working in Windows. They worked at first, but now I can't get them to work. They say they are paired but I get no response. I tried re-adding without any luck.

    3. I'm unable to reboot into Mac OS X by using the bootcamp control panel in Windows. It says something about the Mac OS X partition is not available. I'm only able to get back into Mojave by holding Alt on boot up. This isn't a big deal, but what's annoying is anytime I go into Windows and reboot the laptop it will always default back into Windows. The only way I can get it default back to booting Mac OS X is by going in the Mac system preferences and selecting Macintosh HD as my boot devices. That setting will hold, but as soon as I go into Windows once it looses that setting.

    Side note: I'm using Parallels to load bootcamp while in Mac OS X as well.

    Is there a fix for any of these things, I understand apple really doesn't care about bootcamp, but these seem like major oversights and are quite irritating.

    submitted by /u/Bmied31
    [link] [comments]

    Advice on getting either MBP or macbook retina

    Posted: 20 Oct 2018 06:20 AM PDT

    Hi guys, I need to order a laptop today. Unfortunately, I can't wait until the apple event later this month, so I'll be buying either a MBP 2016 or a MacBook retina 2017.

    Uses : Microsoft office suite, Netflix, YouTube, reddit, no gaming or editing, maybe quickbooks

    Concerns : durability (particularly in relation to the keyboard, battery and screens) and battery life based on what I'll be using it for.

    What are your thoughts? I'd appreciate some feedback from persons who own or have used these laptops.

    I wish I could wait until the event but I can't due to my shipping circumstances changing around that time.

    submitted by /u/Dicki-minaj
    [link] [comments]

    New MacBook Pro owner next month - what accessories + cables do I need?

    Posted: 20 Oct 2018 10:03 AM PDT

    Hello Everyone,

    As the subject states, my work is purchasing me a new MacBook Pro for work. I currently have a 2014 model, and we get new work machines every 4 years.

    Question: I know I'm going to be entering the world of USB-C and dongles,so which dongles + accessories + cables should I purchase with my new machine? I know probably an extra USB-C MacBook charger for home, but what else?

    Thank you in advance for everyone's time and help, it is super appreciated!

    submitted by /u/A4orce84
    [link] [comments]

    Smashe my retina display - Should I just get a new mac?

    Posted: 20 Oct 2018 03:21 AM PDT

    So I've had a late 2013 macbook pro 15 inch retina for about 5 years now and the screen has just smashed. Turns out it's around 700 -800 dollars to replace (AUstralia) Considering I've had it already for five years I was thinking I could get a new one. Is this worth it our should I replace the screen? I found a refurbished 13 inch pro with touchbar for 2000 dollars, which a lot more expensive, but I assume will last longer, it's actually more powerful than my current 15 inch. Any recommendations.

    submitted by /u/blobbyboy123
    [link] [comments]

    Anyway to extract everything in keychain as text file?

    Posted: 20 Oct 2018 06:12 AM PDT

    Chrome toolbar issue

    Posted: 20 Oct 2018 04:08 AM PDT

    Every time I leave a full screen video on chrome my toolbar is hidden until I move my mouse to the top of the screen even though I have the always show toolbar option ticked. This has only started in the past few days and is very frustrating. Anybody have any fixes?

    submitted by /u/Liammellor
    [link] [comments]

    Hello, is this normal for a MacBook? For more than a year that never happened, this is a first time it makes this sound. What is it?

    Posted: 20 Oct 2018 03:16 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel