• Breaking News

    Saturday, October 20, 2018

    Apple Help Get macOS onto SSD

    Apple Help Get macOS onto SSD


    Get macOS onto SSD

    Posted: 20 Oct 2018 07:21 PM PDT

    So I bought an SSD to upgrade my old MacBook (early 2011 13") and an adapter to replace the DVD drive with a hard drive. What's the best way to get macOS on to the SSD? I'm mainly concerned about getting the license right and not losing it. If I were to install macOS freshly, say off a USB drive, do I need to extract the license beforehand? Can I transfer the license or installation to the SSD?

    Any help would be awesome, I'm super inexperienced with anything but the extreme end user experience for Mac, forgive me if this is a stupid question.

    submitted by /u/induna_crewneck
    [link] [comments]

    AirPods automatically connect to my iPhone but I have to manually connect to iPad

    Posted: 20 Oct 2018 09:22 PM PDT

    Is it possible to connect to multiple devices as once. I figured you would be able to connect to which ever device is active.

    submitted by /u/ohh_ok
    [link] [comments]

    SLUGISH, CPU and Memory load LOW

    Posted: 20 Oct 2018 09:01 PM PDT

    What the hell? What else is causing this? activity manager shows low RAM usage and low CPU load. I have one app open, safari, THREE tabs, on a 2017 MacBook Air(though the base model, but common..) what is going on or how do I check what is going on. Thanks in advance.

    Edit: btw when I say sluggish I'm talking pinwheeling opening finder, clicking between tabs on safari, and clicking to type in text boxes. This all started when I had 3 apps open, one a game which took 1gb(I have 8), safari, and one I can't remember.

    submitted by /u/UsefulJackfruit
    [link] [comments]

    Tried to reformat and reinstall but I think I screwed up. Posted a picture of what Disk Utility looks like a of now. Thoughts?

    Posted: 20 Oct 2018 07:17 PM PDT

    Hi Folks,

    Macnoob here. I was prepping to sell my Macbook so I was intending on formatting the drive and reinstalling.

    When I 'Erased' the drive and rebooted I'm afraid it was giving the me the flashing question mark folder ... so I rebooted and cmd+R'd to get to where I am now with the Disk Utility.

    The image looks like this.

    As you can see, there is an APPLE SSD SM02... in addition to the Apple APFSMedia.

    Both of these seem to represent the same physical hard drive. I'm confused what to do... I tried to "First Aid" some of these components but they Error out with 'Error 8'

    Any ideas?

    My goal is to simply format this hard drive and then reinstall the OS (somehow). I do not have an external drive to use unfortunately.

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/Xx_Squall_xX
    [link] [comments]

    Apps on IPhone7 aren’t downloading, stuck on “loading” for almost 12 hours.

    Posted: 20 Oct 2018 11:42 AM PDT

    Tried switching to WiFi, LTE, 4G.

    Tried signing in and out of my Apple ID

    Tried turning off and on again

    Still nothing, any is on how to fix this?

    submitted by /u/Tonybolognabro
    [link] [comments]

    I just got a e-mail about a app i didn’t purchase

    Posted: 20 Oct 2018 06:55 PM PDT

    This is the mail that has been send to me, but I am not sure if it is fake or not.

    https://imgur.com/a/hkMMvUw

    submitted by /u/Soranis
    [link] [comments]

    Dead MacBook Air

    Posted: 20 Oct 2018 08:25 PM PDT

    So I've got a 2015 MacBook Air that's completely dead and will not charge. I've tried resetting the SMC, my charger works to charge other machines, and when my battery last had charge, it reported being "normal". Is there anything else I can try? Other than taking it to the Mac store.

    submitted by /u/rastocker122894
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Pro touch pad stuck on right click??

    Posted: 20 Oct 2018 05:10 PM PDT

    Please help I have no idea how to fix this (newest version of MacBook Pro w/Touch Bar stopped working randomly!

    submitted by /u/sassy_person13
    [link] [comments]

    Should I update my mid-2012 MacBook Pro to High Sierra/Mojave so I can run Adobe CC on it?

    Posted: 20 Oct 2018 04:36 PM PDT

    Hi all,

    I have a mid-2012 MacBook Pro 15" that I've had since new. It's been with me through thick and thin, and I really really really don't want to (and can't afford to) replace it with a new computer. For a few years, its standard 1TB HDD was slowing everything down, so just earlier this year I replaced it with a new 2TB Samsung EVO SSD. It now performs like new.

    I've also been using Photoshop CS5 nearly everyday since I bought this MacBook Pro. I haven't upgraded to Adobe CC yet since it's now a subscription-based program (instead of a one-time price like it was with CS5 and CS6), and I haven't upgraded to High Sierra or Mojave since they don't support CS5.

    What do you think, based off your experience? Should I make the jump and upgrade my MacBook to High Sierra or Mojave, so I can then run Adobe CC on it?

    If I try it out and it starts bugging out, can I go back to running Sierra and CS5 like I am now?

    This question is best asked from both Apple experts and Adobe experts, so that's why I'm crossposting it. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

    submitted by /u/GuyFromOjai
    [link] [comments]

    iPod Touch 4 won't connect to iTunes 11

    Posted: 20 Oct 2018 04:30 PM PDT

    Ok so my 4th-gen iPod Touch won't connect to iTunes version 11.4.

    I recently went from Windows 7 to 10, and I had my iPod and iTunes (same versions) working just fine. When I installed 10, I figured I'd give iTunes 12 a shot. Everything connected just fine and all, but I ended up hating it and reinstalled 11. Except now, iTunes won't recognize my iPod when it's plugged in.

    I've followed the steps in this website. I've installed usbaapl64.inf and that didn't work. Next, I looked in the Device manager, under Universal Serial Bus Controllers, looking to see whether or not Apple Mobile Device USB Driver was there, and it wasn't, and it says to contact Apple Support at that point (they were no help).

    The confusing part about the Device Manager part, is that there's nothing Apple-related under Universal Serial Bus Controllers. However, under Universal Serial Bus Devices, there is Apple Mobile Device USB Composite Device. This goes away if I unplug my iPod from my computer, so it's recognizing something.

    Can someone help me get this to work? I tried resetting my iPod to see if that would help and it didn't and now I have a blank iPod with no way to put music on it.

    EDIT: I fixed it myself, I uninstalled that Apple Mobile Device listing in the Devices tab, then unplugged and plugged in my iPod and it fixed itself. idk if that will work for anyone else with this problem.

    submitted by /u/Auvenil
    [link] [comments]

    Restoring old iMessages

    Posted: 20 Oct 2018 07:54 PM PDT

    I deleted some iMessages a few months ago and I want them restored. I back up my phone every few weeks in iCloud. However, I do not have any backups from before the iMessages were deleted; I reset my phone from a backup but those iMessages did not come back. So, my question is: if iMessages are deleted, are they not stored in any subsequent backups? Is it impossible to retrieve that conversation? Thanks for any help.

    submitted by /u/AmbroseSideburns
    [link] [comments]

    Trouble downloading photos on iMessage

    Posted: 20 Oct 2018 07:44 PM PDT

    So my boss sent me my work roster and when it came up it said 'click to download'. It was stuck downloading for a bit and still isn't showing up as the image. When I go into attachments in our conversation the file that's supposed to be the photo just says "PHOTO-2018-10-21-12-19-37" and under it "JPEG IMAGE"

    Is there any way of fixing this?

    (I have an iPhone 7 and it's fully updated)

    submitted by /u/icklefox
    [link] [comments]

    Can't restore WhatsApp media from iCloud because it says there is insufficient storage space on iPhone. I have loads of Storage on both the iPhone and in the ICloud. Thanks!

    Posted: 20 Oct 2018 12:22 PM PDT

    Is there any way to fix this issue on MacBooks where the screen has little glowing spots?

    Posted: 20 Oct 2018 06:19 PM PDT

    My MacBook Air 2013 has a few little glowing spots on the display that won't go away. Trying to figure out if this is a fixable issue.

    submitted by /u/mguniverse
    [link] [comments]

    Files grayed out with wrong date?

    Posted: 20 Oct 2018 04:33 PM PDT

    I transferred a bunch of files from a memory card before deleting them all. Now all the files on my mac that I'm trying to look at are greyed out , zero bytes and they say they're created December 31, 1969?

    Are my files corrupt/gone, or is there a way I can retrieve these files?

    submitted by /u/idvijd
    [link] [comments]

    iphone 6s black screen but still receives notifications?

    Posted: 20 Oct 2018 03:40 PM PDT

    the phone was at first very hot and it had a black screen so i left it alone. I came back and it was cold but the phone wouldn't turn on. So i thought maybe the battery is damaged so i opened the phone and the battery smelled like smoke so i changed it for a new one and still, the phone is hot but screen is black?

    submitted by /u/OmgItsBurrito
    [link] [comments]

    Can't add credit card

    Posted: 20 Oct 2018 03:10 PM PDT

    Every time I try to add my credit card I get this message:

    (In red: Your payment method was declined, please enter valid payment method information)

    In the square that appears:

    Please click billing info and update your payment information

    submitted by /u/zerokn
    [link] [comments]

    Photos from icloud photo library stuck on icloud.com after turning off icloud photo library?

    Posted: 20 Oct 2018 10:33 AM PDT

    This isn't a super important problem but it is annoying.

    I turned on icloud photo library a few months ago to check it out and see how it worked. I didn't like it, so I turned it off shortly after.

    Today I was looking at my account on icloud.com and found all my photos STILL on icloud.com photos... Even though, I turned it off.

    Why has it not deleted my photos off icloud library on icloud.com?

    The only way I can delete these is one by one, which would take an eternity. However, ideally, I would like them off of there.

    If I were to turn icloud photo library back ON, would it copy duplicated to photo library on icloud.com?

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/studentoftheinternet
    [link] [comments]

    Creating an .SRT File for Facebook

    Posted: 20 Oct 2018 10:17 AM PDT

    I'm trying to create a .SRT file for a video for Facebook. I have converted it from rich text to plain text, but for some reason it won't upload to Facebook. It's gray when I attempt to upload it.

    When I save the file, I'm just adding .SRT to the file name i.e: NameOfFile.SRT

    This is what I have written in the file. Does anyone see something wrong with this?

    1

    00:00:00.01 --> 00:00:04.00

    The t-shirt has always been a canvas for self-expression.

    2

    00:00:04.01 --> 00:00:06.00

    What will you say?

    submitted by /u/mikeysul129
    [link] [comments]

    No Roaming Data: help

    Posted: 20 Oct 2018 07:56 AM PDT

    Hi guys. Ever since doing a reset network settings a 6+ phone can't roam outside of the states. Connects to LTE but no data available. Tried toggling it. Tried to reset network settings. Tried iCloud restore and also iTunes restore. I take the sim card and it works in another iPhone. So I know it's not the carrier. The only way for me to get data working is to wipe the phone and setup as new. Then it works. The moment I restore it even from iCloud I have same issues. Even with resetting network settings. I thought that iCloud restore would be cleaner. I can do a new restore and rely on iMessages in iCloud to get the text history pushed to the new phone profile but I don't think the complete history gets uploaded. /(Separate post I left in /r/iPhone) ). Anyway. Apple is saying it's the carriers fault and carrier says it's Apple. Any advice on what could be causing this? I thought the sim wasn't provisioning but it does if I pop it into another i phone. Thank you. // edit. Tried the standard protocols with Apple and carrier. Toggling data options etc etc. full restore as new phone works. Full restore and then logging onto icloud and doing restore from iCloud backup gives same no data issue.

    submitted by /u/mb0200
    [link] [comments]

    Okay... n00b question time. Basic SSD questions. Help?

    Posted: 20 Oct 2018 01:34 PM PDT

    Background:

    The Macbook Air I have was great when I was in college. I have saved a bunch of money and done a bunch of research and am ready to build a bitchin', amazingly fast and high-quality PC ( will run Windows). I am a developer, gamer, and do art as a hobby (programs: Photoshop, eclipse, steam, random PC games, etc.). While the programs I run aren't like, MatLab, or some insanely high requirement program, my Macbook Air is really only good for the occasional steam game (if that's the only thing running) or browsing the internet. It can't run photoshop well, and you can just forget about compiling a large program on it within any reasonable timeframe. The computer itself is fine, but I feel guilty spending all this money on something when I feel like I could probably just upgrade some stuff and get my money's worth for another couple of years.

    Okay, so here's what I have, and here are my questions.

    What I have:

    MacBook Air (13-inch, Early 2015)

    Processor: 1.6 GHz Intel Core i5

    Memory: 4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

    Startup Disk: Macintosh HD

    Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 6000 1536 MB

    USB Port: 3.0

    Questions:

    1. I am out of space on my internet machine. I'm sick of doing that 'clean off my harddrive' dance every 6 months. Is it possible to just buy an external harddrive, install the new MacOS on there, and run my computer off of that?
    2. If so, what are the potential issues I will be facing?
    3. If it's possible to do this, how would I go about installing a new OS on an external harddrive?
    4. If this is possible, what is the best external harddrive to get? Someone said the LaCie ones are really great, but I'd like a second opinion.

    I am SUPER aware that these questions are incredibly basic. The truth is I just don't know the logistics behind doing these kinds of alterations to a MacBook Air. Installing more memory on this computer would require me to do some pretty involved installations (soldering and whatnot) that I would rather just avoid.

    If this expensive computer replacement could be stalled by just buying a new harddrive, plugging it in, and doing an installation or two, I would rather do that than spend a bunch of money on a new PC when I could get away with driving this machine into the ground for a couple more years for my money's worth.

    I try to be frugal, and while I would love a brand new MacBook Pro, $3k with the bells and whistles isn't reasonable. Nor is $1.5-2k for a new desktop PC that might perform comparably to this machine if it had more memory (IF this is an option - otherwise this option would be reasonable).

    Thank you in advance. I appreciate any feedback!

    submitted by /u/hCoy
    [link] [comments]

    Water damaged mac book pro retina (2012) screen

    Posted: 20 Oct 2018 01:12 PM PDT

    My flat mate left his clothes drying on a door over my MacBook and over time water has dropped onto it and got into the screen which has made the screen go white and flicker green. As far as I'm aware the internals are ok as it turns on and operates fine.

    Just wanted to find out if there's anyway to salvage it without going to a genius bar.

    (Haven't included photos as I don't want to turn it on again)

    submitted by /u/Stripeycup97
    [link] [comments]

    Preparing iPhone for restore

    Posted: 20 Oct 2018 01:11 PM PDT

    So with iOS 12 getting constant updates now I want to do a fresh clean install of iOS 12.x. The problem I'm facing now is that iTunes on my Windows 10 pc will go through all the steps, and then won't go further than "Preparing iPhone for restore". After a while it'll just say an error occurred and that the restore couldn't be completed.

    Also, I can't get my iPhone out of restore mode then. I have to use a 3rd party software to get my iPhone out of recovery mode for me to use it again.

    It started when 11.4.1 was still around and I had to update to iOS 12 by downloading it onto my iPhone and not update through my PC. Anyone with recommendations or solutions?

    submitted by /u/DieAnder
    [link] [comments]

    My mac wont start up. It stays at loading screen and sometimes shows this.

    Posted: 20 Oct 2018 08:02 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel