• Breaking News

    Sunday, October 21, 2018

    Apple Macbook Cat stepped on keys and now sounds wont stop

    Apple Macbook Cat stepped on keys and now sounds wont stop


    Cat stepped on keys and now sounds wont stop

    Posted: 21 Oct 2018 06:49 PM PDT

    All kinds of beeps and dings and swiping noises whenever an action is done, something is clicked, or button is pressed. Changes to "Sound" make no effevt except a total mute. I figured a hotkey must have been triggered. We think we fixed it by turning off Voiceover in accessability?

    submitted by /u/SavePeanut
    [link] [comments]

    Can I get rid of these abrasion​ marks on Macbook?

    Posted: 21 Oct 2018 07:41 PM PDT

    Can I get rid of these abrasion​ marks on Macbook?

    Does anyone know a way i can get rid of these circular marks on my MacBook (or if its even possible)?

    i purchased this Tomtoc 360 case: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N590YOT/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 and those circular cushions shown in the product images caused this to happen all over the body.

    P.S. I know its hard to see but thats the best i could do with my camera

    https://i.redd.it/6x55ge75fnt11.jpg

    submitted by /u/sine_cogitatis
    [link] [comments]

    Does the trackpad on an Early 2015 Macbook Pro (Retina, 13-inch) not click in as much as 2011 Macbook Pro (13-inch)?

    Posted: 21 Oct 2018 09:16 PM PDT

    I just got a used 2015 Macbook Pro. It's in great shape, but the trackpad doesn't seem to click in as much as my 2011. It still clicks and works, but only a little bit. I can't seem to be able to push it in as much as my 2011. I mostly use tap to click so it's not a big deal, but I'm wondering if this is how it's suppose to be. Thank you for any help.

    submitted by /u/xboxonelosty
    [link] [comments]

    Key replacement for Macbook Pro 2015, can it be done at home? (photos inside)

    Posted: 21 Oct 2018 08:27 PM PDT

    So, my key started to get loose, and eventually popped out however it's still functional. Once it popped out, I was able to plop it back in and I heard a clicking sound when I did that. However, I have to be very gentle when pressing on it or else it will eventually pop out again as its still loose.

    Would I be able to fix this at home? Or does this require going to a shop?

    https://imgur.com/a/zFZ6svy

    submitted by /u/Failuresandtrials
    [link] [comments]

    Hold Off on 10.14 Mojave if your Mac is mission critical

    Posted: 21 Oct 2018 03:33 AM PDT

    I have a 2016 13-inch MacBook Pro and after the Mojave Update and running out of battery it wont boot. Tried PRAM, NVRAM, SMC reset, restore from TimeMachine and formatting SSD and reinstalling from the internet(aka the nuclear option) and the only way to boot it is via safe mode. According to Apple they are aware of this issue and they are escalating me up the ladder as they dont have a fix yet and are collecting data.

    Hardware is all good according to cmd+d diagnostics

    submitted by /u/Griz-Lee
    [link] [comments]

    How come my shortcuts are gone?

    Posted: 21 Oct 2018 05:09 PM PDT

    When I try to save something from a browser all my shortcuts are gone from the left hand side

    https://cl.ly/8c124e588aa5

    Any idea why?

    submitted by /u/RussianInRecovery
    [link] [comments]

    So, I open my Mac from sleep and all of my safari tabs are now only displaying as small boxes. I can’t find any solution online. Can anyone help?

    Posted: 21 Oct 2018 02:32 PM PDT

    Looking to upgrade my 2013 retina macbook pro, what is the best upgrade for it from the modern line up?

    Posted: 21 Oct 2018 10:48 AM PDT

    As the title says, looking to upgrade. Which of the modern MBP should I get? Is the touch bar being invested in by Apple? Should I wait? Is there a new Macbook coming out soon? Thanks for the help :)

    submitted by /u/shanko
    [link] [comments]

    iostat to tell age of MacBook?

    Posted: 21 Oct 2018 10:22 AM PDT

    I did

    iostat -Id disk0

    on my new(ish) MacBook Pro (MacOS Sierra) and found the total number of reads/writes done on the SSD. Is it true that this is indicative of the age of the MacBook? Should a new MacBook have very few reads/writes? Mine has a power cycle count of 10 but a very high number of transfers (2050247) at 28.6 KB/t i.e. around 55GB worth of reads and writes. Something seems off here...

    submitted by /u/Meow_20
    [link] [comments]

    Girlfriend looking to buy a Late 2010 Macbook Air. Worth it or not?

    Posted: 21 Oct 2018 08:18 AM PDT

    She wants to game on it a little too. But it's mostly older games. Such as AoE2, The Sims 2/3/4 and a few other Indie games.

    So I was wondering how well it would fare. Since the Specs on the thing aren't particularly great. ?

    submitted by /u/Tullau
    [link] [comments]

    "Replace Now" Battery HELP!

    Posted: 21 Oct 2018 07:44 AM PDT

    Hey so this morning I woke up and hadn't charged my 13" MacBook Pro (early-2015) overnight, which I usually do. Anyhow, it did not turn on (no battery dead indication either) so I plugged it in and went away for a while. I came back to my MacBook still at 1%, which was weird. Logged in and clicked on the battery icon, which was now on 0% and had the said error there. I'm guessing it's something to do with my SMC, which I tried resetting a few times with no luck.

    Why I'm blaming the SMC? Because my battery has only seen 707 charge cycles and when I click on the battery icon, it's stating that every app is using "significant energy", *including* Spotlight. Which I used a few seconds ago to search for System Preferences and the second one is Google Chrome. But Spotlight?!

    Oh and, every program and everything that I'm doing is lagging AF, as if I'm using a pentium 2. This usually happens when the MacBook is unplugged and below 5%, as you might've noticed sometimes.

    Anyway, please help! I'm gonna try resetting the SMC again, I'll update this if I have any luck.

    Edit: Here are starts from coconutBattery.

    submitted by /u/usaidbinshafqat
    [link] [comments]

    Question about Used late 2009 MacBook I bought!

    Posted: 21 Oct 2018 07:02 AM PDT

    So I bought a used late 2009 MacBook (not pro, not air. Just says MacBook) online and it came in the mail this weekend. The MacBook was totally wiped and OS X El Capitan was pulled up and ready to install when I powered up the laptop. So I logged in to my Apple ID and I can't get passed an error saying that it's temporarily unavailable and to try again later. Can anyone help me figure out why I can't install the OS with my Apple ID? I've never had a MacBook before, this is my first. The girl completely removed the MacBook from her Apple ID and made sure it was ready to go. I'm not sure what other questions I can answer, but please ask! Help!

    submitted by /u/Mydaddysgotagun
    [link] [comments]

    Which MacBook ?

    Posted: 21 Oct 2018 12:09 AM PDT

    Which MacBook do I buy ? -Macbook air 2017 -Macbook 12' 2017 -Macbook Pro 13' 2015

    (I want to use it for college)

    submitted by /u/R_TgZ
    [link] [comments]

    macOS Mojave App Store Download High Sierra & Sierra missing Solution

    Posted: 21 Oct 2018 06:01 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel