• Breaking News

    Monday, October 15, 2018

    Apple Macbook Can You Game On a Macbook Air?

    Apple Macbook Can You Game On a Macbook Air?


    Can You Game On a Macbook Air?

    Posted: 15 Oct 2018 03:04 PM PDT

    Friend passed away and owned a macbook. Family is requesting that I, the 'techy' friend, recover his backups of family photos/etc. Can Apple do this?

    Posted: 15 Oct 2018 11:24 PM PDT

    He was a design student at uni so naturally he used a macbook for just about everything that wasn't gaming on his PC rig. I know there won't be much on the PC in terms of things important to his family, but I was asked to see if I could recover any family photos and such, as I was his only close 'techy' friend (I was the one that helped him design/build his gaming rig and such).

    I remember reading there were some horrible Thunderbolt-port vulnerabilities that would let someone walk up to your device and basically bypass anything and everything, but it's one of the newer touchbar models, and I don't feel like diving into the black-hat world of hacking just to pull off some sentimental photos.

    Is there some kind of service that Apple would offer where I could turn in his computer and have them send the files/backups/anything to his family directly? I have no personal interest in the files on his computer, but I would like to assist his family if it's possible in any scope.

    submitted by /u/imaeddisforu
    [link] [comments]

    OneNote on 2017 MacBook Pro

    Posted: 15 Oct 2018 12:26 PM PDT

    Google gives a plethora of results, none of which are recent. I have a 2017 MacBook Pro on the latest Mojave MacOS. Microsoft OneNote is almost unbearably laggy and the scrolling speed is awfully slow. Is anyone else with the same or newer computer experiencing this? I love OneNote, but I may have to switch to another app.

    submitted by /u/Ninjewx
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook Pro 2016 13in Trackpad not clicking anymore

    Posted: 15 Oct 2018 04:59 PM PDT

    So recently I noticed that the track pad isnt clicking anymore. It still works and im able to use it but it is annoying to have to press on it for it to work and left and right clicking can be difficult to get done correctly at time.

    I looked at it and when i pressed the edges I got it to click again for a little bit but when I look at the edges they go down a little and it looks like if i press to hard it will go inside (it was like that the first time when I was able to get it to click again but I wanted to see if it would work)

    Is there an easy way to fix it or do I need to bring it in to the apple store? I'd rather try to fix it myself before I bring it in since I have personal files on it and id rather not have to put it all on a hard-drive since it is a lot of work to do since my hardrives are all for PC's and I cant just join them all together

    submitted by /u/Chamushgoo
    [link] [comments]

    Hard to find a MacBook on display at the Apple Store

    Posted: 15 Oct 2018 08:29 PM PDT

    Walked into a new Apple Store in Seattle and it was all iPhones. There was one table in the back that was showing the MacBook Pros and MacBooks. Pretty sad! Even the Apple Speaker was more prominent in the front.

    It's all about the phone. Seriously, they had more phones on display on tables than you could shake a stick at. Perhaps its all proportional to what customers want.

    On a high note, the Mac laptops are pretty nice. Keyboard would be better with more travel, but better than the original design - using the MacBook 2015 12 as a guinea pig for v.1. Keys are still a bit firm and not as good as my $200 Chromebook...

    The iPhone is pretty nice. Big jump from last year's model for XS and the Max. The Max is worth it (to me).

    "If I were running Apple, I would milk the Macintosh for all it's worth — and get busy on the next great thing. The PC wars are over. Done. Microsoft won a long time ago." - Steve Jobs (1996)

    The Microsoft Store there (blocked out by the new Apple Store) was empty - as usual. Sad!

    submitted by /u/PrudentPlant
    [link] [comments]

    Messages on iPhone not syncing with MacBook

    Posted: 15 Oct 2018 01:31 PM PDT

    Early '15 MBP on High Sierra, iPhone 7+ on latest OS.

    For quite some time now, iMessages (or any messages, truthfully) that I send from my MacBook don't show up in the Messages app on my iPhone. Messages that I have received appear on my iPhone, but not ones that I've sent. Conversely, messages I send from my iPhone don't appear in the messages app on my MacBook. Is there a way to make this sync happen both ways so everything is identical? Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/StinCrm
    [link] [comments]

    How do I highlight in safari

    Posted: 15 Oct 2018 07:07 PM PDT

    Liner isn't working and highlighting is so useful

    submitted by /u/Gaping_Hole123
    [link] [comments]

    So I got water on my MacBook..

    Posted: 15 Oct 2018 08:15 AM PDT

    Been drying it with a hairdryer and it's been about an hour since it happened.

    It was not a BIG amount of water but enough for me to start panicking lol

    Instantly I put it upside down (or however you call it) and started the hairdryer.

    What do I do next?

    submitted by /u/manlikebalo
    [link] [comments]

    New Macbook not working properly with HP printer

    Posted: 15 Oct 2018 11:50 AM PDT

    Hi everyone,

    I recently purchased a new 2018 macbook pro and am new to the whole world of Macs. It is not recognizing the HP printer that I have and thinks that it only prints grayscale and does not duplex print properly (it gives the option for layout-> long edge binding, but when the pages are printed I have to flip the pages up instead of over in order to read them). It's a HP officejet pro 8710. I updated my printer drivers, and installed HP smart print. However, when I try to add it as my printer in the settings, there are a bunch of different HP softwares listed except the one for my specific printer model. Is the 8710 simply incompatible with MacOS? If so is there another type of HP printer that is close enough that I can select in the printer software menu that has colour and duplex printing? Sorry if this is not the correct place to post this. If I'm in the wrong place could someone please direct me to the correct subreddit?

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/potoo_mouth
    [link] [comments]

    Can you charge MacBook via USB-C and have a usb device connected at the same time?

    Posted: 15 Oct 2018 09:07 AM PDT

    I know you can have number of outputs (hdmi + usb) on one port, but are there adapters available hat allow charging at the same time?

    Looking at MacBook 12" atm...

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/nelf86
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook Air Hard Drive Full Because of Music - Would It Make Sense to Purchase an Ipod?

    Posted: 15 Oct 2018 08:58 AM PDT

    Hello,

    My wife has a Macbook Air with 128GB drive that is very low on storage because of her massive music library. She really enjoys having an iPod (don't ask why) despite having an iPhone but she likes to have 2 separate devices. Anyways, would it make sense to get her a 128GB iPod touch and offload all her music to the iPod so she has more local storage on her Macbook? Is there anything I am missing here?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/TisTheParticles
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel