• Breaking News

    Monday, October 15, 2018

    Apple Help Is anyone else getting the rainbow spinning wheel much more on Mojave than before?

    Apple Help Is anyone else getting the rainbow spinning wheel much more on Mojave than before?


    Is anyone else getting the rainbow spinning wheel much more on Mojave than before?

    Posted: 15 Oct 2018 12:29 PM PDT

    Every time I open my computer I get it for around a minute.

    Every time I try to open iMessage I get it for around a minute.

    Never happened before updating.

    Anyone else?

    mid-2012 macbook pro

    submitted by /u/OrbitalATK
    [link] [comments]

    Mojave issues: If I put it on my SSD can I erase the OS from the partitioned HD without losing all the data?

    Posted: 15 Oct 2018 05:21 PM PDT

    Something's wrong with my iMac. Mojave has brought my 2015 (late) 32GB 3TB iMac to a standstill. I've gone through all the troubleshooting online and nothing has worked.

    My HD is 3TB which I partitioned into a 500GB for the OS and 2.5TB for files. On the SSD I already have a copy of Sierra for emergencies. (And the comparison in performance is night and day when I went into Sierra to run Disk Utility on the 500GB part of the disk.)

    Anyway, I would like to move the OS to the SSD so Mojave can have a clean instal (to see if that fixes the issues). Before I begin, I have a couple of questions:

    1) Can I keep both OS's on the SSD?

    2) Can I delete the OS on the 500GB without wiping it clean? To transfer just 60GB to an external Mojave is giving me a two-hour wait time. To transfer all the data will take all day, plus I don't really have a lot of free space on my external drives.

    submitted by /u/cteavin
    [link] [comments]

    Battery myths

    Posted: 15 Oct 2018 06:11 PM PDT

    Is it OK to charge my iPhone X however I like? Because with the new types of batteries in the new phones I saw a lot of YouTube videos explaining that there are a lot of battery myths that only apply to older phones such as charging overnight, only charging your phone when it's down to 20% and then unplug it when it's at 90%. But a lot of people are saying you don't have to worry about these things anymore, so is there really not much I have to worry about when it comes to charging my iPhone X? If there are any "rules" to charging let me know. 👍🏼

    submitted by /u/Frank_313
    [link] [comments]

    [iMac late 2013][10.12.6] Need help with iTunes album art isn't showing

    Posted: 15 Oct 2018 05:00 PM PDT

    Just did a clean install of MacOS Sierra and moved everything back onto my mac. It wasn't doing this before so I don't understand why it's happening now.

    iTunes Version 12.8.0.150

    submitted by /u/AppleJunkie3
    [link] [comments]

    Remove desktop shortcuts.

    Posted: 15 Oct 2018 08:44 PM PDT

    I have scoured the web and tried changing my preferences in Finder but I cannot get rid of a shortcut for a game called Stardew Valley. I want it in my bottom application bar, but NOT on my desktop. What do I do?

    submitted by /u/Straussvan
    [link] [comments]

    Itunes song stuck at zero

    Posted: 15 Oct 2018 08:24 PM PDT

    Itunes will sometimes get stuck at zero and opening/closing does not work, only restarting computer. Anyone had this issue?

    submitted by /u/dullcrayon1199
    [link] [comments]

    Mac pro 2,1 gpu

    Posted: 15 Oct 2018 04:30 PM PDT

    Sorry if this is the wrong place.

    I have a Mac Pro 2,1 that was hacked to run El Capitan. Obviously the stock ATI X1900 Isn't good enough for the operating system. What are my options for upgrading the GPU?

    submitted by /u/ReyFace412
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Air Repair

    Posted: 15 Oct 2018 08:01 PM PDT

    Hello reddit, My MacBook may have been splashed with some water and is now not turning on. The charging cord works and it lights up orange but will never charge fully (Battery issue maybe?). But I was wondering if Reddit can give me some trustworthy places where I can ship this Mac out and get it repaired? I don't want to go through Genius Bar because I heard they try and scam you into buy a whole computer instead of fixing problems. Thank you!!!

    submitted by /u/intrxsive
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook Pro early-2015, single key not working (Honestly the strangest problem I've ever seen)

    Posted: 15 Oct 2018 04:08 PM PDT

    Alright! So, I've got a Macbook Pro, 13", early 2015. A while ago, the Z key stopped responding. I've since tried to fix the issue, going deeper and deeper down the rabbit hole and still coming up empty. Instead of writing down this all in story format, here's the full issue and everything I've tried:

    Issue: Z key does not work. When the device boots up, if you hit any key other than Z, it will first type Z, then the key you pressed. If you press Z first, it will repeatedly type Z as if the key was stuck, and won't stop until you hit another key. Afterwords Z will never work. This gives a bit of an issue where 90% of startup commands no longer work. Some will, such as SMC, recovery, and single-user, but most don't. I assume this has something to do with Z triggering on startup, no idea tbh, had to do most commands through single-user, or just taking the SSD out and forcing it to boot from a flash drive. Oh! Also, external keyboards work perfectly and don't trigger the Z push.

    What's been done

    • Replaced the keyboard

    • Reset SMC, NVRAM (several times, though NVRAM only reset through 'nvram -c')

    • Replaced the keyboard again (just in case)

    • Tried 3 more spare internal keyboards from older models

    • Put in a new SSD and installed Mojave fresh to make sure there would be no trace of a software issue

    There are a few other things i've done, but that's the major ones. So at this point, I'm sure that it's an issue with the logic board. Of course, schematics don't exist for any Macbook Pro past 2014, however the pinouts for the keyboard haven't changed to my knowledge. The main problem I'm having is that if it was an issue with the connection, the pinning, the circuit tracing, or anything on the logic board for that matter, more than one key should be effected. It acts like it's shorting itself out, but if that was the case, there would be several keys having the issue, not just one.

    I'm at a loss. None of this makes sense anymore. Help.

    submitted by /u/W1tchDoc70r
    [link] [comments]

    Please help with storage!

    Posted: 15 Oct 2018 07:52 PM PDT

    I've been getting very frustrated lately. I have over 50 gigs of "other" on my phone. This leaves around 10 gigs for me to use.

    Ten gigs isn't TERRIBLE, and I do pretty OK. But when you want to download Netflix shows and stuff it gets a bit messy.

    Basically, I'm just frustrated that I was sold a 10gig iPhone under the guise of a 64gig. Because honestly? What justifies 50gigs of other?

    Does this mean phones with smaller storages just have less software? I don't think so. Ridiculous.

    submitted by /u/turtl333333333
    [link] [comments]

    How do I deal with disappearing disk space?

    Posted: 15 Oct 2018 01:28 PM PDT

    I've got a problem with disappearing disk space. A few days ago my finder windows said I had 44 GB. Yesterday evening I had 19.5 GB. This morning I had 18.25 GB. At about 1500 I had 13.5 GB, and now, at 1610, I have 12.4. I've deleted several directories. That increases my free space at the time, but then it immediately begins to slip away.

    I haven't been editing files with Pages, TextEdit, or any of the other Mac editors. I have used Numbers, Excel, Numbers, Firefox (to edit my local MoinMoin Wiki/PIM), and Libre Office. I haven't been running any programs that write data files. None of my documents are over about 10 MB.

    The problem is even more puzzling because Space Gremlin says I have 44 GB.

    Thank you.

    Peter

    submitted by /u/pcolsen
    [link] [comments]

    VoiceOver tutorial?

    Posted: 15 Oct 2018 07:14 PM PDT

    (For the iPhone) Does anybody have any links or videos that explain in detail everything about VoiceOver and how to use it? I saw some tutorials on YouTube but they were very boring and didn't explain much. If anyone has any links or video tutorial about explaining everything about VoiceOver please let me know. Thanks 🙏🏻

    submitted by /u/Frank_313
    [link] [comments]

    My Passport for Mac help

    Posted: 15 Oct 2018 03:25 PM PDT

    I just recently dropped out of a class that we needed an external hardrive for. On our first day of class, we separated the 1TB of space equally into two. One for PC and one for Mac.

    Orginially, I was just going to work backwards through the instructions, but since I'm not registered in the class anymore, I can't view it.

    I was wondering if anyone can help me with getting the 500GB back for Mac, or if it even matters that they are for separate computers.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/alldayglow
    [link] [comments]

    Airpods ONE side louder than other

    Posted: 15 Oct 2018 07:06 PM PDT

    My airpods tend to have higher volume on the right one and is significantly quieter on the left. Would appreciate if anyone has a solution

    submitted by /u/harshgar
    [link] [comments]

    Best (And Legit) Places to sell your Apple Products

    Posted: 15 Oct 2018 06:50 PM PDT

    Looking to start a thread of the best places to sell Apple Products & call out any scams

    submitted by /u/GreatGrandmasCookies
    [link] [comments]

    USB External Recognized By One Mac Not Another

    Posted: 15 Oct 2018 06:33 PM PDT

    27" Retina iMac running Mojave can see the 4TB external disk fine. Shows up in Disk Utility like any other external.

    Mac Mini Late 2012 running High Sierra cannot see the external disk. The enclosure does not show up in Disk Utility.

    Mac Mini has another external drive attached, 4TB WD Passport, no problems. I have tried both Exfat and APFS to no avail. Both machines are equipped with USB 3. The enclosure is this one. I'm all out of ideas here. I could upgrade the Mac Mini to Mojave (I think?) but I don't really think it's necessary otherwise.

    submitted by /u/TheUsher
    [link] [comments]

    I can talk to Siri but not on the phone

    Posted: 15 Oct 2018 02:46 PM PDT

    My phone is pretty messed up, recently it stopped working on calls. I can hear but I can't speak. I noticed that I can still talk to Siri though, what's up with that? If the microphone can hear me on siri, why not on my phone? Any fixes by chance?

    Edit: iPhone 8

    submitted by /u/ClevelandCaleb
    [link] [comments]

    iPad mini 2 screen replacement

    Posted: 15 Oct 2018 12:31 PM PDT

    I'm interested in repairing/replacing my iPad minis 3 screen and curious as to any tips or pointers that can help. I have watched a couple videos and other than the heating element and replacement screen, I have all parts needed. Is there a reputable website or store for purchasing the screen? I'm located in Northeast of US. Would a blow dryer work as heating element? Is it as easy as it looks?

    Thanks

    Edit: iPad mini 3 😕

    submitted by /u/2vgtbls
    [link] [comments]

    How do I stop my iPhone from this?

    Posted: 15 Oct 2018 06:26 PM PDT

    iPhone 6S with no water damage. I have no idea why it does this . If anything I'll just buy a 7,8, or X

    submitted by /u/Reverse-I_am_Organic
    [link] [comments]

    My Apple Music has two of the same album.

    Posted: 15 Oct 2018 06:26 PM PDT

    I have more than a few albums in my Apple Music library. Some of these albums have split up into two separate albums. It is the same exact album except that the album has been cut in half. One of the albums will have the songs the other album is missing and vice versa. I would like to know how to merge the two albums.

    https://imgur.com/gallery/HYvM6wD

    submitted by /u/Bpp123456789
    [link] [comments]

    VMware Airwatch - Reminders

    Posted: 15 Oct 2018 06:09 PM PDT

    Hello all!

    My company requires that Airwatch is installed in order to receive company mail.

    I noticed when I updated my WatchOS to 5.0.1, reminders no longer functioned from my watch.

    What is interesting is, when I uninstall the profile and un-enroll my device from Airwatch the reminders begin to work.

    The Airwatch app hasn't updated since 10/4/18 and i did not notice any issues until I installed WatchOS 5.0.1 a couple days ago.

    What should I do..?

    I have to have my email on my phone. And I really need reminders on my watch.

    EDIT: I mean that when I say "set a reminder" to Siri followed by whatever it is I want to be reminded of, Siri will respond "Sorry Jimkeat, I wasn't able to create a reminder"

    submitted by /u/jimkeat
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook Pro not charging, occasional dim green light

    Posted: 15 Oct 2018 12:00 PM PDT

    For a little while now my mid 2012 13" MBP has not been able to charge, showing only a dim green light on the charger. At the time I had tried other chargers and figured that it was a computer problem, not a charger problem. I tried charging the computer days after, for long periods of time, without the battery and also brought it in to the apple store to see if they had any other tips. I ultimately went ahead with replacing the DC-in and upon plugging in my macbook... it showed a bright green light and turned on! for 2-3 seconds and then shut down and the charger went back to a dim light. Now if I wait a period of time between plugging in my laptop the light will turn bright green, occasionally orange, and will usually turn the computer on automatically and start to reboot it. Because power is actually getting to my computer and causing it power on, I feel as though I did something right by replacing the DC-in but I am confused about thee reverting back to the dim green light. I feel as though I may not have hooked it up properly so I am debating pulling it all apart and rewiring everything and trying again, although that is a tedious process I don't want to have to do yet. If anyone has experienced something like this and has tips, I'm open to hearing them! Thanks.

    submitted by /u/wholelottadeez
    [link] [comments]

    How Common are keyboard issues on 2012 MacBooks?

    Posted: 15 Oct 2018 11:49 AM PDT

    I was looking at buying this 13in MacBook Pro on eBay Many of the MacBooks I've looked at in this price range have non-working keyboards. Is this going to be a problem if I buy this computer?

    submitted by /u/BMK812
    [link] [comments]

    [Legacy Support] PowerMac G3 tower crashes at startup after installing PCI card

    Posted: 15 Oct 2018 01:56 PM PDT

    At work I have a couple PowerMac G3 towers (one of which doesn't power up so that's another project), and I need to connect an iOmega Jaz drive to one of them to archive some Jaz disks. I have a SCSI PCI card (Adaptec AHA-2930CU Mac) to connect the drives' SCSI connector. One of the G3s turns on perfectly fine and I can get past the login screen, but when I put the card in, it crashes at start up by giving me a screen to restart it, which continues by and endless loop. Is there a way to remedy it?

    submitted by /u/Kingofawesome13
    [link] [comments]

    Lock maps on the screen while using car play?

    Posted: 15 Oct 2018 11:26 AM PDT

    Sometimes while driving I want the maps to stay up on the screen but I want the passenger to be able to change music and use other apps on the phone. I can't find anyway to make this happen. Is it possible?

    submitted by /u/Just_babble
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel