• Breaking News

    Saturday, October 13, 2018

    Apple Help Can I remove my own swollen battery and just only use my MacBook when it’s plugged in?

    Apple Help Can I remove my own swollen battery and just only use my MacBook when it’s plugged in?


    Can I remove my own swollen battery and just only use my MacBook when it’s plugged in?

    Posted: 13 Oct 2018 11:29 AM PDT

    About a month ago my 2013 15' retina stopped recognizing the battery. The battery health was fine, so it seems the logic board has failed in recognizing the battery. I am told the repair will likely be over $1,000, at which point I'd rather just get a new laptop, but I'd like to wait until after the first of the year for financial reasons. If I send it in to apple, I'm concerned I won't get it back without at least paying for a battery replacement, which would be a sunk cost considering the logic board is the true issue. Should I just remove it myself? I know it's dangerous, but I don't see what other options I have without spending at least 300 bucks.

    Edit: I forgot to add, in the month since the problem arose, the battery has started swelling considerably. I only plug it in when i am using it, but it is nonetheless happening.

    submitted by /u/heyimdong
    [link] [comments]

    Serious issue with my iPhone SE

    Posted: 13 Oct 2018 08:50 PM PDT

    Hello everyone,

    My beloved iPhone SE suddenly started to freeze, showed vertical and Horizontal black lines across the screen and started to reboot constantly. Now the phone is completely dead and does not even taking charge. I have attached the video when the phone started to act up.

    Does anyone know what's causing this? I'm worried that this would be a costly repair. Thank you in advance.

    https://streamable.com/ir93y

    submitted by /u/fakeshan
    [link] [comments]

    My iPhone no longer turns on fully.

    Posted: 13 Oct 2018 08:06 PM PDT

    Yesterday my phone started acting funny. It would turn itself off randomly during the day. While texting or using apps. Then today it got worse. It would turn itself off within seconds of turning on. Now it won't turn on at all. Some info: iPhone 6s Still using iOS 10.something Original owner I replaced the battery myself about 4 months ago using iFixit kit

    If the phone is not connected to the charger it won't turn on at all.

    If the phone is plugged into a charger it will turn on with the apple logo and within 3 seconds will turn itself back off again, but it then try's turning itself back on, it gets stuck in an infinite loop of startups until I unplug it.

    If I unplug it while it's starting up, it will immediately power off completely. This leads me to believe it might be a problem with the battery. I replaced the battery using an iFixit kit about 4 months ago and I was still getting a full day out of one charge before this.

    I'm gonna schedule an appointment at my nearest Apple Store but it seems I'm out of a phone for a few days now. Does anyone think the phone is completely bricked or is there hope? I have important info backed up to the cloud but all my photos will be lost forever.

    submitted by /u/HowDoesOneYolo
    [link] [comments]

    I spilled water on my 2015 MacBook Pro. Whats the best way to handle this?

    Posted: 13 Oct 2018 02:43 PM PDT

    I spilled a cup of water and a lot of it got on my MacBook keyboard. I unplugged everything from it, powered it off, and dried it as best I could with paper towels.

    When I powered it back on, I heard electric buzzing. Im guessing water is making contact with part of the motherboard. I'm afraid of a short.

    The MacBook is currently powered off and sitting in rice to dry off.

    http://imgur.com/a/Xt6PEcs

    Hopefully this sucks out all the moisture. I'm going to leave it in rice for three or four days.

    Is there anything else I should do to minimize damage?

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/Im_Not_Daredevil
    [link] [comments]

    Play iPad on TV

    Posted: 13 Oct 2018 07:30 PM PDT

    Recently bought a 35 foot camper to live in. I have unlimited data on my iPad and iPhone and would like to project Netflix onto my TV however I have no internet for a smart tv. I bought an adapter but after receiving it I learned Netflix is blocked with that adapter. Need help. Any ideas to make this work? Thanks!!

    submitted by /u/dirtccw
    [link] [comments]

    My phone says I don’t have any storage left but I still have 48GB... Now I can’t take pictures or install music. Any help?

    Posted: 13 Oct 2018 07:10 PM PDT

    6s + iOS 12. Music will not advance to the next song and repeats.

    Posted: 13 Oct 2018 06:47 PM PDT

    I can't find an option to repeat song (so I can turn it off).

    There's shuffle but again will not advance to the next song.

    What am I doing wrong? Help. Thanks.

    submitted by /u/dressage
    [link] [comments]

    "Could Not Activate iPhone"

    Posted: 13 Oct 2018 02:28 PM PDT

    I am trying to set up an iphone 5s, however every time I try to activate it, it says

    "Could Not Activate iPhone

    Your iPhone could not be activated

    because the activation server is

    temporarily unavailable. Try

    connecting iphone to iTunes

    to activate it, or try again in a couple of

    minutes."

    I have tried connecting my phone to itunes to activate it, but it tells me "The iphone "iphone" could not be activated because the activation information could not be obtained from device"

    I tried turning the phone on and off again. Nothing.

    I took the SIMS card out several times. Nothing.

    I tried to contact apple, but they say i need the phone's serial number, but I can't get it because I can't access any information about the phone because I can't go into settings yet.

    EDIT: I called apple and I got the help I needed. If anyone else is having this problem, Plug your phone into your computer. Open iTunes. Hold power and home on the iphone to turn it off and do the same to turn it on. There should be pop up on itunes asking you to update your phone.

    submitted by /u/jorunnaa
    [link] [comments]

    Message history

    Posted: 13 Oct 2018 12:02 PM PDT

    I've got a pretty long history with my current girlfriend and would like to go through and read different points throughout the message history (over the course of the last 3 months or so). It's a lot to scroll up through but I stumbled across a way to get to the top by searching "Hulu" in my spotlight search (part of a message from early on). From there, I started reading. However, it only let me read about 3 days worth of messages and didn't let me scroll past there. Any reasoning as to why this is happening, and if there is, is there any way to fix this?

    submitted by /u/jticks
    [link] [comments]

    No Audio on bootcamp

    Posted: 13 Oct 2018 03:38 PM PDT

    I have a Macbook pro 13 mid 2012, 16gb, dual ssd, running Mojave.

    I got a copy of windows 10 boot camp up and running, but the sound is not working, and no audio devices show up in device manager.

    I have re-downloaded the Windows support software, and run it but the problem still persists.

    also in the mean time i decided to use my Bluetooth headphones (skullcandy crusher wireless and anker soundbuds curve) but the audio is very choppy, acting like it was losing connection, I experience neither of these problems while in osx.

    I have been searching for a solution but have been unable to find one.

    submitted by /u/makermorgan
    [link] [comments]

    Need help with a non booting early 2009 iMac

    Posted: 13 Oct 2018 01:00 PM PDT

    So i am helping someone with their iMac. When you power it on it shows the spinning wheel, then a bar as if its loading. it gets about 1/3rd the way and then the computer shuts off.

    Troubleshooting done so far:

    • It will not boot into safe mode.
    • I booted into single user mode and tried to repair disk. It gave an error saying it could not repair the disk.
    • I booted using recovery mode and also the boot cd. Repair disk also returned an error saying it could not repair the disk.
    • I attempted to mount the macintosh HD and it errored out saying it could not mount the drive.
    • I attempted to restore the HD onto a usb drive and also to create an image of the macintosh hd and put it onto this usb. Both failed.

    I am trying to figure out next steps here. I was going to attempt to create a bootable usb and see if i can get access to the HD this way. But my question is this. Can i create a bootable usb from my personal macbook air which is new? I have the CD that came with it(Mavericks).

    Another option i was thinking was target disk mode. But if the drive wouldnt mount in disk utility im not sure this would work. I also dont have a cable that has the firewire connector that fits the imac with the other side that fits my early 2015 macbook air. Is there such a cable?

    Any other things i should try on this disk? I do have a sata to usb cable somewhere so i could attempt to take the disk out if that isnt too difficult.

    So yea, any feedback regarding how i can get data off this drive and potentially resurrect this iMac?

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/ICE_MF_Mike
    [link] [comments]

    How do I save a Dictation command in the shared folder so other users can access the command?

    Posted: 13 Oct 2018 02:41 PM PDT

    When I create a new dictation command, how do I save the command in the shared folder so other user accounts can access the command?

    Model: MacBook Pro mid 2012 Version: High Sierra 10.13.6

    Please be patient while waiting for a response. I have a difficult time accessing the computer.

    submitted by /u/DictationUsers
    [link] [comments]

    weird low clicking noise on latest macbook air

    Posted: 13 Oct 2018 06:18 PM PDT

    Hello, I recently bought my Macbook Air last month. When I got it no clicking sound is heard when I move it. But now when I lean my hand to the side of the trackpad, it creates this weird clicking sound, although its very low. The clicking sound is also heard when I move the whole mac or move it sideways. Could this be a hardware problem or I'm just overthinking?

    PS: I've also read about sms thingy but when I input the sudo thing on Terminal, sms is not listed so maybe I don't have that. what could this be?

    submitted by /u/TopCSScorer
    [link] [comments]

    Installing two versions of OSX on my Macbook Pro?

    Posted: 13 Oct 2018 06:03 PM PDT

    Hey all,

    I'm hoping to run two versions of OSX on my Macbook Pro - High Sierra & El Capitan - so that I can still run some apps which are incompatible with everything post-El Capitan.

    I'm about to partition the main SSD drive, but I want to make sure I'm doing things in a sensible way. Things I've got:

    • An App Store download of El Capitan on an external harddrive
    • A Time Machine back-up from a couple of years ago
    • A Time Machine back-up of my current system

    Any tips would be very welcome - never partitioned a hard drive before.

    submitted by /u/AdaptedMix
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Air will not charge

    Posted: 13 Oct 2018 05:56 PM PDT

    Last night I spilled some sparkling water on my MacBook Air.. this morning it would not turn on, but just recently it did turn on (working perfectly) but it will not charge.. I tried to do the SMC reset but it didn't help (I'm not sure if it even actually reset to be honest, it just turns on like normal after I attempt).. any tips/advice would be appreciated.

    submitted by /u/InfamousPoll
    [link] [comments]

    Messages others send to me are still Imessage even after i turned it off

    Posted: 13 Oct 2018 05:48 PM PDT

    I just changed my phone to a flip phone to relax for a month or so. Since I used to contact everyone with iMessage, I need to turn it off for I will not be able to use for a while. I followed the steps apple told me. I turned my imessage off on my iphone as well as facetime. To test it, I asked someone to reply back, and all the replies were recieved on my macbook, on the imessage app not on my new phone. I really need to use my new phone for I can not carry my macbook 24/7. Any help please?

    submitted by /u/cinematography505
    [link] [comments]

    Salvageable iPad damage?

    Posted: 13 Oct 2018 05:47 PM PDT

    Hi all, just wondering if it looks like I salvage my iPad Mini 3 without having to send it into Apple as it probably won't be worth it.

    I had it on my counter when some nail polish remover/acetone was spilled. It didn't seem like much and thought that it would be fine but man it got into those crevices. The iPad works perfectly fine, speaker, touch screen and mic work great but the screen has a lot of liquid inside under the LCD? I've had it in rice for the past 3-4 days and it maybe has 5%-8% less liquid but still looks the same pretty much. Any advice? Photos below.

    https://imgur.com/a/5RHn6nZ/

    submitted by /u/Ktarque2
    [link] [comments]

    HomePod disconnecting from iPhone?

    Posted: 13 Oct 2018 01:59 PM PDT

    Since the last update my HomePod keeps randomly disconnecting from my iPhone X while it's playing to it. Anyone else having this problem / found a fix? Thanks

    submitted by /u/conanmagnuson
    [link] [comments]

    Can you bootcamp Windows from an external hard-drive?

    Posted: 13 Oct 2018 05:18 PM PDT

    Only have 120GB of space on MacOS (65GB free) and I understand at least 50GB of free space is needed to bootcamp Windows and partition the hard drive, I'd rather put that 50GB on an external hard-drive which would allow me to switch whenever needed and still keep adequate free space on Mac.

    Is this possible?

    submitted by /u/NewWestMediaCo
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone X on iOS 12... glitch / bug?

    Posted: 13 Oct 2018 05:02 PM PDT

    So, periodically while exiting apps, my iPhone will sort of glitch or flicker in the left corner (always the left side.) Tonight, there was a weird greenish flash towards the top only when I locked my phone. Is this a glitch or something? A bug? Software related? I just got this phone new like less than a month ago from T-Mobile so I hope it's not defective. I didn't notice these issues on 11, only since I updated to 12. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/TheAnxiousAntisocial
    [link] [comments]

    Connecting my 2017 MacBook Pro to Ethernet

    Posted: 13 Oct 2018 04:59 PM PDT

    Hi! I was wondering how I would go about connecting my 2018 MBP to Ethernet. I see a lot of usb c to ethernet adapters online but because I want to be able to plug in my usb c to usb 3.0 adapter in at the same time as my charger I don't have a spare usb c port to plug in that adapter. My usb c to usb 3.0 adapter does have a usb 3.0 port in it though. If I buy a regular USB 3.0 to ethernet adapter can I run it through the adapter? Will that work? Thank you!

    submitted by /u/Billiam2468
    [link] [comments]

    GPU History is missing in Activity Monitor

    Posted: 13 Oct 2018 10:48 AM PDT

    Please help... So I've been trying to find a way to monitor my GPU usage on my macbook pro. Every link on the internet says go to Activity Monitor, then click on Window, and then GPU History to see a real time graph. The only problem is that option simply isn't visible for me. I see CPU Usage and CPU History, but no GPU History.

    OS 10.11.16 MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015) Processor 2.5 GHz Intel Core i7 Graphics AMD Radeon R9 M370X 2048 MB

    submitted by /u/binaryattack123
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Pro 2009 usb problem

    Posted: 13 Oct 2018 04:41 PM PDT

    Hi all

    Please help

    Something unusual is happening so When I plug a usb in the top or first port I can see the light on my usb drive flash and then it vanished but at no point is the drive detected by my machine

    And the second port doesn't even do what I mentioned above it is just like dead now

    What can I do?

    Help Me Please

    submitted by /u/dipzb88
    [link] [comments]

    What’s the fastest way to rename a video after I take it with my iphone? I don’t see a way to do that in-app.

    Posted: 13 Oct 2018 08:46 AM PDT

    Are there maybe third party apps which make that easier?

    submitted by /u/Fini_Thi
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 6s Plus camera issue

    Posted: 13 Oct 2018 06:24 AM PDT

    Currently on iOS 12, 128GB. Why is it doing this when trying to use the camera?

    camera

    submitted by /u/LookAtMyDuck
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel