• Breaking News

    Thursday, October 18, 2018

    Apple Daily Tech Support Thread [October 17]

    Apple Daily Tech Support Thread [October 17]


    Daily Tech Support Thread [October 17]

    Posted: 17 Oct 2018 08:12 AM PDT

    Welcome to the daily Tech Support thread for /r/Apple.

    Have a question you need answered? Ask away! Please remember to adhere to our rules, which can be found in the sidebar. On mobile? Here is a screenshot with our rules.

    Join our Discord and IRC chat rooms for support:

    Discord

    IRC

    Note: Comments are sorted by /new for your convenience

    Here is an archive of all previous "Tech Support" threads. This is best viewed on a browser. If on mobile, type on the searchbar [title:"Daily Tech Support Thread" author:"AutoModerator"] (without the brackets, and including the quotation marks around the title and author.)

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Wallpaper Wednesday [October 17]

    Posted: 17 Oct 2018 06:14 AM PDT

    Hello, /r/Apple, and welcome to Wallpaper Wednesday!

    Liven up your desktop space or iOS device with some new UI scenery! Please respect the rules below and upload the highest quality image you can find.

    Share your wallpaper on the r/Apple Discord.


    Rules

    1. Please use a reputable image host like imgur.com.
    2. No NSFW posts.
    3. Directly linked images only (albums are acceptable).

    This thread will remain stickied for 24 hours. At that time, the thread will remain active, and an archives link will be posted in the sidebar for easy access. You may also find archives here.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Apple overhauls its privacy pages, & now lets U.S. customers download their own data.

    Posted: 17 Oct 2018 02:31 PM PDT

    A friend of mine kept arguing how low the iPhone XR screen resolution is, whilst using his iPhone 8 as an example as to how a “HD screen should be”

    Posted: 17 Oct 2018 08:59 AM PDT

    A victim of UnboxTherapy's video, he kept going on about how Apple was going backwards and all that, then he took out his [regular] iPhone 8 and said "look at this amazing screen! Plays videos in HD the way it should be, why would Apple remove that ability?"

    Which is absurd because the regular iPhone 8 has the same ppi as the new XR, just goes to show how damaging getting UnboxTherapy to the trending page is....

    submitted by /u/Enclavean
    [link] [comments]

    This is why I love Apple: Last night I came across my 9 y/o iPod Touch (3rd Gen) and my similarly aged HTC EVO. 24 hours later my iPod still has over 75% battery, runs like a champ, connects to iTunes and the App Store, and plays Hulu content using an older version of the app. My EVO, not so much.

    Posted: 17 Oct 2018 06:18 PM PDT

    I tried to post a photo but the auto moderator rejected it.

    submitted by /u/sister_mary_clarence
    [link] [comments]

    A year and a half ago I asked "what features would Android have to include for you to consider switching", with new versions of iOS and Android since then, what would your answer be now?

    Posted: 17 Oct 2018 05:20 PM PDT

    Hey all,

    I thought it might be interesting to see what features people thought that Android would need to start offering in order for them to consider switching over. As mentioned, I asked this same question a year and a half ago. You can view the original thread here. I think iOS and Android are both great operating systems and have spent time with each. I think that each has its trade offs and it comes down to the individual to find what suits them.

    I've asked the same question on /r/Android which you can see here. The old thread from /r/Android can also be viewed here.

    In the spirit of full disclosure and transparency, I am currently happily using an iPhone Xs.

    Cheers!

    submitted by /u/Beardo01
    [link] [comments]

    After all these years, the newest version of iTunes still supports 1st generation iPod from 2001!

    Posted: 17 Oct 2018 06:34 AM PDT

    I recently found my 1st gen iPod that's been in a box for probably 10+ years, ordered some FireWire converters from Amazon and plugged it into my MacBook expecting I would have to use some sort of open source program to sync music to it, but I couldn't believe it when iTunes opened up and it recognized it, even has a little image of the 1st gen iPod! So cool that Apple is keeping support for these old devices almost 20 years later!

    submitted by /u/HirtLocker128
    [link] [comments]

    Apple begins selling 2018 certified refurbished MacBook Pros, deals from $1,529

    Posted: 17 Oct 2018 07:46 AM PDT

    Apple's Latest Mac Mini Turns Four Years Old Ahead of 'Pro-Focused' Refresh Expected Later This Month

    Posted: 17 Oct 2018 06:48 AM PDT

    ARM processor for Macs coming in 2020 or 2021, Apple car in 2023 says Ming Chi-Kuo

    Posted: 17 Oct 2018 10:06 AM PDT

    Apple gives US customers the chance to download their data and updates its privacy page

    Posted: 17 Oct 2018 08:57 AM PDT

    Auto updates: why don’t my apps auto update in the middle of the night? Why do they start updating first thing in the AM or middle of the day? My phone knows to update the OS middle of the night. Just not the apps.

    Posted: 17 Oct 2018 03:37 AM PDT

    How come we don’t see leaked “Mac” hardware or info?

    Posted: 17 Oct 2018 07:31 PM PDT

    With all this "New iMac, Mac Mini refresh, cheaper MacBook" talk going around for a supposed October event, why don't we ever see any leaked info on the computer side of things?

    It doesn't make sense seeing as to how we can know literally everything and all the specs about the iPhone and iPad months before Apple even announces an event.

    That said, will there really be new Mac refreshes this October?

    submitted by /u/treehouse1441
    [link] [comments]

    Suggestion for Apple Music: "Favor" Explicit music.

    Posted: 17 Oct 2018 09:57 AM PDT

    I hope they add an option for that, what happens to me is that I go like

    Hey Siri, Play (song that has a lot of curse words but is lit)

    Siri plays the song and I get hyped up and start singing along, but then i get trolled by the non explicit version :(

    submitted by /u/VokunKiin
    [link] [comments]

    Smart Keyboard Extended Warranty

    Posted: 17 Oct 2018 07:24 PM PDT

    Hey all, so I just wanted to share my experience getting my smart deyboard fixed today as I am not sure many people may know. So over the last few weeks I have been getting an "Accessory Not Supported" error on my 9.7 iPad Pro so after doing some searching online i read that Apple had extended the warranty on the smart keyboards to 3 years.

    Having had my keyboard for over 2 years now I thought I would make an appointment at my local apple store to see what they could do. Within a few minutes of telling them the problem the genius let me know that my issue was covered so I was able to walk out of the store with a new Smart Keyboard which I'm super happy about.

    submitted by /u/D2KG
    [link] [comments]

    What do you want to see at the Oct/Nov event?

    Posted: 17 Oct 2018 06:25 AM PDT

    For me I want new iPad Pros with USB-C, beats X2, new Apple pencil, airpods 2 and forest green sports strap.

    submitted by /u/SmugMaverick
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone else really excited to get their hands on the new iPhone Xr

    Posted: 17 Oct 2018 12:23 PM PDT

    It would be nice is Siri would play the most recently released album and not the album with the latest release date. "Hey Siri, play Vulfpeck's latest album" tried to play Hill Climber which doesn't release until December 7

    Posted: 17 Oct 2018 04:05 PM PDT

    A simple compromise on call rejection

    Posted: 17 Oct 2018 03:02 PM PDT

    Today I decided I didn't have enough unnecessary frustration in my life, so after answering yet another spam phone call (I was actually expecting a phone call from that area code) I decided to go into my call log and block the number. Of course this didn't work; I've gotten six calls today from the same scam, three of which left voice mails, and apparently each was from a different dead number so blocking as usual made no difference.

    Still, how cool would it be if Apple gave an option to block a number right from the call answer/reject screen? It wouldn't needlessly complicate the screen, and in this day and age it's such a frequently needed function that they ought to streamline it. Just add a "block caller" button or slider to the incoming call screen, have a confirmation dialogue pop up, and then if the user taps the button to confirm the block, the call is rejected without going to voicemail and the number is added to the block list.

    I'd be pretty happy with this. Not as happy as I'd be with a total redesign of the way incoming calls are handled, but it would be a start.

    submitted by /u/NotRoryWilliams
    [link] [comments]

    My homepods seem to have gotten dumber, is there a fix?

    Posted: 17 Oct 2018 01:43 PM PDT

    My entire home set up got wiped by the stupid One Link smoke alarm (DO NOT BUY) so I had to start from scratch. Since right around then my homepods have become increasingly difficult to use. I used to say hey Siri turn on all of my lights and it would do just that but now it plays the Kanye song all of the lights. I used to say play my chill mix and it would now it plays some song called chillmix or something. Overall it just seems more difficult to get stuff done. Anyone know of a reset or training method?

    submitted by /u/theloudestlion
    [link] [comments]

    Get a copy of the data associated with your Apple ID account

    Posted: 17 Oct 2018 10:13 PM PDT

    I'm usually not one to complain about Siri, but this is just infuriating

    Posted: 18 Oct 2018 12:51 AM PDT

    Apple Seeds Fourth Beta of macOS Mojave 10.14.1 to Developers

    Posted: 17 Oct 2018 10:10 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel