• Breaking News

    Friday, May 11, 2018

    Apple Help Iphone died, will not charge or turn on.

    Apple Help Iphone died, will not charge or turn on.


    Iphone died, will not charge or turn on.

    Posted: 11 May 2018 09:48 PM PDT

    So when I woke up at about 9am my phone was at 4% after leaving it on a charger all night, that's fine I knew my chord was iffy anyway. My phone dies and I decide to wait to see if any of my roommates had extra chargers. After getting a new charger I let my phone charge on a wall outlet for about 4 hours with no response.

    I've tried hard restarts and plugging it up to itunes but there's no detection on the computer. Any Ideas? it's an Iphone 6s

    submitted by /u/JVB97CLE
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 8 battery tanking the past couple days

    Posted: 11 May 2018 06:03 PM PDT

    As the title states my newish (March purchase) iPhone 8's battery has been depleting rapidly the past couple of days. My usage has not changed drastically and Spotify is the only app that I had running today besides mail, messages, and phone. But in six hours time I drained the battery and am now charging again. I was attached to wifi and a bluetooth speaker for most of the time with no phone calls. Battery health says 99%. Any ideas? Is this normal drain and I am just imagining things? I don't think that is the case as I have been using the phone for months now and I would generally get at least a full day out of it with similar usage. Any thoughts are appreciated!

    submitted by /u/nuttmeg8
    [link] [comments]

    USB Hub suddenly no longer supports my SSD.

    Posted: 11 May 2018 04:05 PM PDT

    I use an Anker USB hub with several external devices. One in particular, a Seagate SSD, is not being recognized by the hub. Up until today, everything worked fine.

    A few details: the hub has little blue lights next to each USB port that light up when something is connected. The blue light next to the SSD cable flickers when I plug it in, instead of staying solid.

    I know that the SSD works without the USB hub, as I have plugged it into my Mac directly and everything is fine. I used Disk Utility to perform first aid on it, to no avail.

    I'm using the latest stable version of Mac OS, if that matters.

    EDIT: Solved. Something was going on with the power supply to the USB hub -- unplugging and replugging the power cord fixed things right up.

    submitted by /u/Sr_Navarre
    [link] [comments]

    Transferring files from iCloud to new macbook air

    Posted: 11 May 2018 07:01 PM PDT

    Had a 12" MacBook which got dead spacebar disease and then abruptly died last week at age of approximately age 2. Went dark, cannot be turned on, (yes it is charged), and I opted not to try further to revive it because of the freakin spacebar problem. Bought a new MacBook Air currently running os 10.13.3. Can someone please tell me how to transfer the files from my old computer, which are all on the iCloud backup, into the new one? Migration assistant does not offer that option.

    A related issue: I looked at iCloud to make sure the files are still there, and they are, then quickly signed out again. I am worried that when I log into iCloud to transfer the files the new empty computer is going to "sync" with iCloud and transfer its emptiness there, losing all my old files. How do I tell iCloud and the new computer that contents are supposed to transfer from cloud to computer and not vice versa?

    I am moderately capable with computers, but do not work in tech. Please take that into consideration when answering!

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/califuture
    [link] [comments]

    Storage on iPad Mini keeps disappearing.

    Posted: 11 May 2018 04:39 PM PDT

    I have an iPad mini, model number A1432. For around a month, my storage has started disappearing. I looked in the options in the storage and data usage section, and totaled up the data usage in each app, which came to about 5 GB. However; it said that I had less than 1 GB available, and 12 or 13 GB used.

    I then backed up the iPad on the desktop computer, and it said that I had around 2.6 GB free. When I accessed the storage after that, that 2.6 GB was free. So that solved the problem for a week or so.

    The iPad storage was almost completely full yesterday, so I cleared out 1 GB from my podcasts. Today I only had a couple hundred MB available. I have not downloaded anything since then, and the data and storage info doesn't appear to be different than it was yesterday.

    I have shut down the iPad multiple times these last few days, and it has not freed up any storage or increased speed. I also used the Power Clean app for a regular clean, which freed up around 200 MB, and a junk clean, which freed less than 2 MB.

    So where is all of my storage going?

    EDIT: It's worth noting that I don't know much about troubleshooting for electronics, so I might be overlooking something relatively simple...

    submitted by /u/Icearstorm
    [link] [comments]

    Preview keeps crashing (now it won't even open)

    Posted: 11 May 2018 04:36 PM PDT

    Using a MacBook Air and it's running macOS High Sierra Version 10.13.4.

    Earlier I edited a pdf (deleting a few pages), made a duplicate, and it crashed. Now I can't even launch the program as it sends me the "Preview quit unexpectedly" messages.

    Exception Type: EXC_CRASH (SIGABRT) Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000 Exception Note: EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

    Application Specific Information: *** Terminating app due to uncaught exception 'NSRangeException', reason: '*** -[__NSArrayM objectAtIndex:]: index 142 beyond bounds [0 .. 109]' terminating with uncaught exception of type NSException abort() called

    I've checked other threads and most replies say to delete "com.apple.Preview.plist" (or something like that) but I can't even FIND a file with the name (closest one I have is com.apple.PreviewLegacySignaturesConversion.plist)

    Preview app is working fine on other users accounts.

    In desperate need of help as I have a file that I am supposed to send in urgently. Any recommendation for Mac apps that allow editing (especially deleting of individual pdf pages) would be appreciated.

    submitted by /u/Mc-Boi
    [link] [comments]

    Apple EarPods

    Posted: 11 May 2018 10:03 PM PDT

    Hello fellow redditors, Can I charge official Apple AirPods with a knock off charger box?

    Thank you in advance.

    submitted by /u/Tegomlee
    [link] [comments]

    What can I do to make my iPhone faster?

    Posted: 11 May 2018 09:36 PM PDT

    I have a 6s on iOS 10.3.3; will clearing space on the storage help this a bit? All ideas appreciated

    submitted by /u/fullerthanlife
    [link] [comments]

    A quick question regarding ‘Purchase sharing’

    Posted: 11 May 2018 03:24 PM PDT

    Hi,

    I'm in a family plan and I was wondering... If the family organizer decides to enable 'purchase sharing', will they have the ability to see everything I've downloaded on the app store? Or will I have a say in the matter? I'm an adult by the way... If this information is of any use.

    Thanks, Ninja_Turtle3

    submitted by /u/Ninja_Turtle3
    [link] [comments]

    "Your computer was restarted because of a problem"

    Posted: 11 May 2018 01:58 PM PDT

    Good afternoon! One of our machines has been crashing 2-3 times per week. It shows a "Your computer was restarted because of a problem" popup and when I click on Report to view more info, the line that stands out is:

    BSD process name corresponding to current thread: mdmclient

    Here is the report:

    *** Panic Report *** panic(cpu 0 caller 0xffffff800d87edcc): "No more room to grow table: 0x0xffffff800e23fee0 size:262142, used:262141, requested elem:1"@/BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/xnu/xnu-4570.51.2/osfmk/kern/ltable.c:461

    Backtrace (CPU 0), Frame : Return Address

    0xffffff9201d9b920 : 0xffffff800d86e166

    0xffffff9201d9b970 : 0xffffff800d996714

    0xffffff9201d9b9b0 : 0xffffff800d988a00

    0xffffff9201d9ba30 : 0xffffff800d820180

    0xffffff9201d9ba50 : 0xffffff800d86dbdc

    0xffffff9201d9bb80 : 0xffffff800d86d99c

    0xffffff9201d9bbe0 : 0xffffff800d87edcc

    0xffffff9201d9bc70 : 0xffffff800d8b5924

    0xffffff9201d9bc90 : 0xffffff800d85946d

    0xffffff9201d9bce0 : 0xffffff800dd04acf

    0xffffff9201d9bd90 : 0xffffff800dd03a20

    0xffffff9201d9bee0 : 0xffffff800dd060b5

    0xffffff9201d9bf40 : 0xffffff800de04418

    0xffffff9201d9bfa0 : 0xffffff800d820966

    BSD process name corresponding to current thread: mdmclient

    I'm not too familiar with mdmclient - I've seen similar 'panic' restarts that list a specific process name such as Google Chrome Helper, etc. but anyone have any ideas on how to resolve this?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Tobias_Funke
    [link] [comments]

    Can I install Garage Band on my Gen 1 iPad?

    Posted: 11 May 2018 07:55 PM PDT

    I'm trying to install a compatible version of Garage Band on my old iPad Gen-1 with iOS 5.1.1 installed. I've followed all the guides that say, "Install it on your computer first and use the 'Download Compatible Version' trick," but that hasn't worked. All I get is a pop-up saying "This App is incompatible with this iPad," is there any way around this? Edit; grammar

    submitted by /u/zakku1231
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook stuck on grey loading bar.

    Posted: 11 May 2018 10:15 AM PDT

    I need help with this. My MacBook (Pro, late-2011, HSierra) is stuck on the Apple logo screen. The bar loads as normal at the beginning, then starts to get slower until it gets to the end and stops there. I can leave it like that for hours and nothing happens. It's the second time that this happens to me. The first time (last weekend) I got with it by reinstalling MacOS. This time that doesn't work. I've tried booting in safe mode, resetting the PRAM, resetting the SMC, first aid on disk utility, "the disk appears to be OK", by the way.

    Any help appreciated.

    submitted by /u/Brymlo
    [link] [comments]

    Spotify app will find my WiFi speakers, but AirPlay doesn’t?

    Posted: 11 May 2018 02:17 PM PDT

    When I go into the Spotify app, my WiFi-connected speakers are listed for Spotify to play the music through. This works perfectly.

    However, when I try to find it through the airplay icon on any Apple apps (music, podcasts or through the control centre) it doesn't show. I've read my speaker might not be airplay enabled which is fine, but how come it works with the Spotify app and not any Apple apps? Is there another way for me to play podcasts through my WiFi linked speaker using the podcasts app (other than using Bluetooth connectivity, which could be possible, though not ideal)?

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/smellsmell1
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook acting WEIRD after dropping

    Posted: 11 May 2018 04:34 PM PDT

    Hi,

    I ended up dropping my macbook today, and it started acting really weird. It works for an hour or so, and then sometimes go to dark blue screen, sometimes to black screen and this just happened: video https://youtu.be/LjjeU_EbJXs - 20 minutes later started working again..

    What do you think is the problem?

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/Myssz
    [link] [comments]

    GPS and WiFi issues with latest update

    Posted: 11 May 2018 04:00 AM PDT

    I updated my iPhone 6 to 11.3.1. Ever since I've run into WiFi problems where it's connection is spotty and it even says it's weak when I'm sitting right next to a router.

    The bigger issue was it stopped receiving GPS data. It's like the chip is off. I've checked all the settings. Reset location and network settings. Soft reset on the phone.

    Has anyone experienced this or have any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/Jester471
    [link] [comments]

    Help! Mac Pro 2006 Upgrade

    Posted: 11 May 2018 11:47 AM PDT

    How to transfer pics from iCloud to photos on macbook

    Posted: 11 May 2018 10:55 AM PDT

    I searched a bit but couldn't find an easy way to do this. When I updated my iPhone, I didn't notice that it turned on the feature to have all photos uploaded to iCloud. I would like to transfer them to Photos on my mac, but can't see an easy way of doing this.

    If I click download, they get downloaded as jpegs, of course then I can import them all into photos, but I'm looking for an easier way to do this. Any ideas?

    submitted by /u/zzzutalors
    [link] [comments]

    How to convert a shared AppleID to a Family Sharing ecosystem?

    Posted: 11 May 2018 09:33 AM PDT

    My family shares the same AppleID across our devices. Obviously, we each have our personal apps, but it's all registered to the same account.

    How do we transfer save data from our current account to another one connected via Family Sharing? For example, move the save data of a game app to my own account.

    submitted by /u/Dan9er
    [link] [comments]

    Help .. diasabled ipad ..old people and technology ..

    Posted: 11 May 2018 09:04 AM PDT

    Hi.. I'm hoping that someone get help me out... My mother accidentally did a software update, when her iPad rebooted it asked for her passcode and she didn't know it. Her iPad is disabled now I checked the cloud and everything she is missing the last 6 months of photos which include a wedding and a large European vacation. I was wondering is there anything that can be done to restore those pictures...

    submitted by /u/melisari
    [link] [comments]

    iPod 4th Gen not Turning On

    Posted: 11 May 2018 04:57 AM PDT

    So I bought an iPod from my friend for $5 because he was looking to throw it away. He said the battery could only hold 3 minutes. I checked it out and tried to turn it on and it showed the empty battery screen. I bought a 30 pin cable for charging and it showed that it's charging for a few seconds but afterwards I didn't get any display of any sorts. It's been charging for 4 hours now but still nothing. Am I missing something or is the iPod dead?

    submitted by /u/thecrow32
    [link] [comments]

    Bootcamp failing to copy support software

    Posted: 11 May 2018 04:43 AM PDT

    So after I downloaded the Windows 10 Build 1803 ISO, and selecting in bootcamp, it refuses to install and gives the error "Can not copy Support Software", But it does make a partition called "OSXRESERVED'

    Computer=Macbook Pro w/TB 2016 with i5 2.9 GHz

    submitted by /u/DoubleAmazonParrot
    [link] [comments]

    Sound effects issue with iPad (4th generation)

    Posted: 11 May 2018 07:59 AM PDT

    I have an iPad (4th generation) running iOS 10.3.3. My sound works fine for some things (YouTube in a web browser, Netflix, music), but doesn't work at all for games (Candy Crush, Angry Birds, Jetpack Joyride, etc.) or for keyboard clicks/lock sound.

    Every once in a while when I'm adjusting volume with buttons, I'll get "Sound Effects" instead "Volume". Right now, that's at max, but still no sounds on most things. Any idea how I can fix this? Thank you!

    submitted by /u/mikebdoss
    [link] [comments]

    'Window' key not recognized as 'cmd'

    Posted: 10 May 2018 11:32 PM PDT

    I'm using a Coolermaster Masterkeys Pro L with my mid-2012 MacBook Pro running MacOS 10.13.4.

    Today while using Photoshop (CC 2017) I noticed that I could no longer zoom using cmd+ (in my case the Windows key). I checked my keyboard preferences and they are all mapped properly. When I bring up my keyboard viewer it does not register when I press the key.

    I'm positive it was working for a while but I can't say for certain exactly when it stopped working. Oddly enough, it doesn't register in my Windows partition either but when plugged in to a non-Apple computer it works just fine, so I know it's not the keyboard.

    I'm stumped, do you folks have any ideas on how to fix this?

    submitted by /u/HerdingEspresso
    [link] [comments]

    Some applications (Creative Cloud, steam games) stop responding while starting on fresh High Sierra install.

    Posted: 10 May 2018 11:43 PM PDT

    Hi all, I've struggling with this issue for a long time now and one month ago I tried to solve it with a completely fresh install of maOS High Sierra, to no avail. The crazy thing is that now and then the issue resolves itself temporarily through no clear action of my own..

    The problem is as follows: certain programs, most importantly Adobe Creative Cloud, Modo and Steam games (steam itself is fine, just not the games it tries to launch), stop responding while starting up. They bounce a bit on the dock and then just stop, like the games, or just stop responding in the background like creative cloud. Starting Photoshop directly doesn't work either.

    It seems like there is a disk permission issue, but I've tried fixing them in a variety of ways (CleanMyMac 3, through a terminal command : https://eclecticlight.co/2017/06/15/something-odd-you-cant-fix-sierra-re-introduces-repairing-permissions/ ) but no luck. As I mentioned before I did a completely fresh install of High Sierra a month ago thinking that if there were any issues with other programs or just accumulated crap from years of use this should clear it out, but literally the first program I installed after setup was creative cloud and it still had the same issue. I spent hours with an Adobe guy remote controlling my Macbook trying to figure it out, but he threw in the towel in the end.

    That sums up the problem. Here's some information on my Mac:

    MacBook Pro (15-inch, Mid 2010)macOS High Sierra Version 10.13.42,66 GHz Intel Core i78 GB 1067 MHz DDR3Intel HD Graphics 288 MB

    Please let me know if you need any more information.

    I pretty much registered on reddit to ask this question. Hope you can help! Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/FlorisDidden
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel