• Breaking News

    Friday, May 11, 2018

    Apple Daily Tech Support Thread [May 10]

    Apple Daily Tech Support Thread [May 10]


    Daily Tech Support Thread [May 10]

    Posted: 10 May 2018 08:15 AM PDT

    Welcome to the daily Tech Support thread for /r/Apple.

    Have a question you need answered? Ask away! Please remember to adhere to our rules, which can be found in the sidebar. On mobile? Here is a screenshot with our rules.

    Join our Discord and IRC chat rooms:

    Discord

    IRC

    Note: Comments are sorted by /new for your convenience

    Here is an archive of all previous "Tech Support" threads. This is best viewed on a browser. If on mobile, type on the searchbar [title:"Daily Tech Support Thread" author:"AutoModerator"] (without the brackets, and including the quotation marks around the title and author.)

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Apollo for Reddit v1.2 Update is now available

    Posted: 10 May 2018 06:53 AM PDT

    Microsoft says it would love to work with Apple to bring iMessage support to Windows

    Posted: 10 May 2018 02:39 PM PDT

    Defective Apple Pencil did in fact scratch my iPad Pro screen

    Posted: 10 May 2018 01:27 PM PDT

    So I posted last week about having a scratch on my 2 week old iPad Pro 10.5 and blaming it on my 2 week old Apple Pencil, which from the very beginning felt like writing with a rock on the iPad. A few people replied back that it was a ridiculous claim, and it really did seem ridiculous to me, but it was the only thing that made sense with how I was caring for the device.

    I just left the Apple store a few minutes ago after speaking with Apple Support and they confirmed that I had received a defective nib on my Pencil and in their own testing it was leaving marks on the screens of their test devices. Pretty crazy. My iPad Pro was returned successfully and Apple is replacing the nib on my Pencil for free ($6 for a new nib anyway so not the biggest deal,) but I guess just be aware that defective nibs do exist so if it feels like your Pencil is dragging across the screen instead of gliding or it feels like you are writing with a rock, try a new nib before you cause any damage to the screen.

    TL;DR Bought an Apple Pencil from Walmart and it came with a defective nib that felt like writing with a rock and did in fact scratch my new iPad Pro screen.

    submitted by /u/phblue
    [link] [comments]

    Most Marvel movies are $9.99 this weekend on iTunes!

    Posted: 10 May 2018 10:36 PM PDT

    Apple Butterfly Keyboard Class Action Investigation

    Posted: 10 May 2018 05:29 AM PDT

    Apple invests $10 million in carbon-free aluminum production project

    Posted: 10 May 2018 11:03 AM PDT

    TIL asking Siri a self-harm related question prompts the user to call the National Suicide Prevention Hotline.

    Posted: 10 May 2018 12:21 PM PDT

    Has anyone heard of someone being helped by this feature?

    submitted by /u/mightymoose42
    [link] [comments]

    Goldman Sachs, Apple Team Up on New Credit Card

    Posted: 10 May 2018 08:20 AM PDT

    PSA: Smart Keyboard (12.9) is $99 at Walmart.

    Posted: 10 May 2018 07:44 PM PDT

    Can we get a Report Junk option for phone calls not just texts?

    Posted: 10 May 2018 01:11 PM PDT

    Can we get a shuffle algorithm change?

    Posted: 10 May 2018 01:07 PM PDT

    I have a playlist with 3000+ songs and I'm only hearing the same 100 or so. It drives me nuts because it's always the same stuff.

    Can we get some priority on songs that haven't been played recently? Reshuffling gets me in the same spot, AND I shouldn't have to constantly reshuffle.

    submitted by /u/Scruffaduff
    [link] [comments]

    Every major OS maker misread Intel's docs. Now their kernels can be hijacked or crashed

    Posted: 11 May 2018 01:55 AM PDT

    Where are my backups?

    Posted: 10 May 2018 10:38 PM PDT

    I have iCloud backup enabled so every time my phone is connected to power, on WiFi, and locked, it creates a backup. But where are all these backups and where and how can I find them?

    submitted by /u/Kirize12
    [link] [comments]

    Steam link app coming to iOS devices end of May

    Posted: 10 May 2018 06:22 PM PDT

    Very cool if everything works right! I know apps like moonlight already exist but it sounds like this steam link app will support the steam controller which would definitely be better for a lot of game compared to mifi controllers.

    Edited to add link to news bulletin:

    https://store.steampowered.com/news/39998/

    submitted by /u/robotbrad
    [link] [comments]

    Why Safari does not delete Website Data?

    Posted: 11 May 2018 02:27 AM PDT

    Besides storing history, Safari also stores other website's data which can be found by going Settings > Safari > Advanced > Website Data. However, when I click on Remove All Website Data, some of the websites never get deleted from that list.

    Does anyone know why and have a solution for it?

    I have iOS 11.3.1 installed.

    submitted by /u/crypto_pro585
    [link] [comments]

    Iphone x loose lightning port

    Posted: 10 May 2018 10:21 PM PDT

    Today I noticed that when I plug in a lightning cord into my iphone x it wiggles around in the lightning port and now my phone doesn't charge unless I wiggle the connector around. What should I do? Have any of you had the same problem?

    submitted by /u/elijah0617
    [link] [comments]

    Should you upgrade to 16 RAM if you already have 256SSD?

    Posted: 11 May 2018 01:59 AM PDT

    Ignoramus here seeking advice from the more experienced people of r/apple

    I am going to be enrolling in University soon and wanted to upgrade my shitty MacBook Air 2011 (bought when it first came out). The Mac Air only lasted me 3 years before it became extremely laggy and lost memory space. I want to upgrade to a MacBook Pro that caters to my needs and will be a better investment, so that I can still use it and won't need to replace it like 5 years down the line.

    I usually stream/download TV shows, surf the net, edit photos with adobe, edit a few videos/make movies sometimes, download and play a lot of music, work with MS Office and make occasional PDFs. Plus be able to upgrade the software when there are updates, without any problems (the air prevented me from doing so after awhile, due to lack of memory space).

    In terms of longevity plus user habit, should I upgrade to a 16GB RAM or is it unnecessary? Would an 8GB serve me just as well even years after purchase? Want to make sure the extra $100 is worth it.

    Thank you very much for your input.

    submitted by /u/surfergrl89
    [link] [comments]

    I ditched my computer for a week to work on the new iPad

    Posted: 10 May 2018 11:46 PM PDT

    Apple invents a way to Split Record a Video in Wide Angle and Zoom Simultaneously using a Dual Lens iDevice Camera

    Posted: 10 May 2018 04:47 AM PDT

    Apple - please allow ‘Share *app name*’ to be removed from the app icon 3D Touch menu

    Posted: 10 May 2018 09:57 PM PDT

    With all the hate on the 2016/2017 keyboards ...

    Posted: 10 May 2018 06:39 AM PDT

    is there anybody out there that LIKES THEM like me ?

    submitted by /u/nogoalov11
    [link] [comments]

    Beats 1 as music discovery engine

    Posted: 10 May 2018 10:50 AM PDT

    I realize that Beats 1 (being so pop and hip-hop-centric) isn't for everyone, but I love it for music discovery. Even more so than Apple's playlist/album/artist suggestions in the "For You" section. I listened to it a lot when they first lauched, but fell out of the habit. Over the past few weeks, though, I turned it on again and was immediately sucked back in. There's just something about a good DJ curating music for me. It feels more personal and kinda fun.

    What's strange is that I hate listening to American radio (I've heard that BBC radio is more similar to Beats 1). When I'm in my car, i'm listening to a podcast or an album, but never my local radio stations.

    Does anyone else appreciate Beats 1 for what it is? I honestly wish "For You" would suggest Beats 1 episodes for me. Apple has hundreds of hours of great original content there (Mike D's show, Ezra's show, St. Vincent's Mixtape or even Zane's daily show).

    submitted by /u/wilymon
    [link] [comments]

    Controversial opinion: the white theme of iOS looks way better (on LCD at least) than any ‘dark mode’ apps

    Posted: 10 May 2018 01:23 AM PDT

    Does anyone share this opinion? I love the look of apps like News, Health, Photos, Music, etc. and when I go into an app like Activity, Clock, Watch, or Spotify it makes for a jarring experience going from clean whites to extremely dark colours.

    iOS 11 looks beautiful on the iOS section of Apple's website.

    I haven't spent a lot of time using a X, but I've found this to be true for the LCD screens at least.

    submitted by /u/CJAY1992
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel