• Breaking News

    Thursday, May 10, 2018

    Apple Daily Tech Support Thread [May 09]

    Apple Daily Tech Support Thread [May 09]


    Daily Tech Support Thread [May 09]

    Posted: 09 May 2018 08:13 AM PDT

    Welcome to the daily Tech Support thread for /r/Apple.

    Have a question you need answered? Ask away! Please remember to adhere to our rules, which can be found in the sidebar. On mobile? Here is a screenshot with our rules.

    Join our Discord and IRC chat rooms:

    Discord

    IRC

    Note: Comments are sorted by /new for your convenience

    Here is an archive of all previous "Tech Support" threads. This is best viewed on a browser. If on mobile, type on the searchbar [title:"Daily Tech Support Thread" author:"AutoModerator"] (without the brackets, and including the quotation marks around the title and author.)

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Wallpaper Wednesday [May 09]

    Posted: 09 May 2018 06:16 AM PDT

    Hello, /r/Apple, and welcome to Wallpaper Wednesday!

    Liven up your desktop space or iOS device with some new UI scenery! Please respect the rules below and upload the highest quality image you can find.


    Rules

    1. Please use a reputable image host like imgur.com.
    2. No NSFW posts.
    3. Directly linked images only (albums are acceptable).

    This thread will remain stickied for 24 hours. At that time, the thread will remain active, and an archives link will be posted in the sidebar for easy access. You may also find archives here.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    We always viewed the Apple Watch as a health device, Jony Ive says

    Posted: 09 May 2018 05:37 PM PDT

    YouTube now supports HDR on iPhone X

    Posted: 09 May 2018 10:41 PM PDT

    Seems to be a stealth update!

    submitted by /u/MjayTheGod
    [link] [comments]

    Apple Says Inventory of All iPhone Replacement Batteries Now Available Without Delay

    Posted: 09 May 2018 11:58 AM PDT

    Apple Music is approaching three years old and it’s still lacking so much

    Posted: 09 May 2018 03:23 PM PDT

    Hear me out. It's been a decent service for the most part, and Siri integration is great, don't get me wrong. But I have about five major issues that have been so persistent I'm about to throw in the towel, and I can't imagine I'm the only one:

    • Offline downloading is a crap-shoot. Probably about 30% of the time I hit download/the iCloud icon, it doesn't do anything... the downloading circle starts only to immediately stop and show the iCloud icon again. Is it saved or not? I can't tell until it finally works three days later. I run into this a lot, surprisingly.

    • Shuffling is mind-numbingly stupid. I can't tell you how many times I shuffle a playlist and it only shuffles half the songs. Or I'll get in my car the next day and where it usually picks up where we left off, it suddenly only wants to play a handful of the songs. I was just listening to Post Malone's new album on shuffle and it decided only about 7-8 songs was enough before it started the exact same shuffle loop of said songs. This is probably my biggest issue since navigation is also not great within Apple Music, so when it happens it feels like a chore to go back and start over. On top of that, when going back to previous songs, it wasn't the same song that had just played (this has only happened a couple times).

    • Tying in to the previous complaint, when it finally does shuffle what I want it to, it will often repeat songs before playing all the songs.

    • Music I had purchased and physically on my phone before Apple Music was even a thing is suddenly not available when I don't have internet. I can download it from Apple Music, but it's not physically on my phone anymore. I was traveling once and only realized this when it wouldn't play music I had on my phone for years once I lost connection. I have a big music library, so there is probably still music that I used to have saved to physical storage that isn't yet downloaded for offline because I haven't noticed. I shouldn't have to do this to begin with.

    • Pre-saving unreleased music is bad. Really bad. I once saved an album that had only 4 singles out at the time, with the rest of the album "available for download," having the rest of the tracks grayed out. Standard stuff. You would think that when the album came out it would download the rest of the songs and I would be good to go. Nope. The album came out, and I still, to this day, have a pre-release album saved instead of the actual full album. I click the album and those same 4 songs are available with the rest grayed out. I have to actually go to the artist page and save the other album (even though they appear the same)... why have a prerelease album with limited content when the full album is out?

    I have a couple more issues, but after putting so much effort into migrating from Spotify long ago only to still have all these issues I can't think of them.

    I'm wondering if I am the only one with these issues since Apple Music continues to break records for music streaming. Maybe I'm a power user when most average users don't encounter these issues?

    Is the issue with the artists/labels sometimes? Maybe my means of listening? My car? My AirPods? I only ask because, well, obviously it really annoying, but also because I don't remember having these issues with Spotify. Maybe I did and just forgot, though...

    submitted by /u/uNoNothingJonSnowden
    [link] [comments]

    TIL you can hold a notification banner with one finger and start typing with another. It comes in handy when you get one of those verification codes.

    Posted: 09 May 2018 07:20 AM PDT

    I know a lot of people have had issues with their butterfly keyboards, and Apple still needs to widely address this (because the keyboards suck)... but if you find yourself with a bad key, don't forget this support article exists.

    Posted: 09 May 2018 06:00 PM PDT

    Steam Link and Steam Video apps coming soon to iPhone, iPad, and Apple TV

    Posted: 09 May 2018 12:37 PM PDT

    TIL Apple offers a $2800 AppleCare Help Desk Support package

    Posted: 09 May 2018 08:32 PM PDT

    LPT Airpods

    Posted: 09 May 2018 05:49 PM PDT

    Set your double tap to play-next-song. If your music is paused double tap will play instead of skip. So it plays music when you want it to and plays next song if it's already playing – a toofer!

    submitted by /u/timelording
    [link] [comments]

    Apple should make the iPhone X home screen bar available to all iOS devices via AssitiveTouch

    Posted: 09 May 2018 07:19 AM PDT

    This would be a much better alternative than having the AssitiveTouch floating icon. Also, if people were scared of buying the iPhone X because of a lack of home button, then this proposed feature could also let people demo not using a home button.

    submitted by /u/_watchman
    [link] [comments]

    Is there an alternative to Reddit Enhancement Suite for Safari?

    Posted: 09 May 2018 12:20 PM PDT

    I mean, the last version still works as far as it goes, but for how long?

    submitted by /u/fortfive
    [link] [comments]

    Apple, Influence, and Ive

    Posted: 09 May 2018 09:54 AM PDT

    WWDC 2018. What to expect?

    Posted: 09 May 2018 04:04 PM PDT

    • iOS 12 - other than dark mode and stability 😆 what features you wanna see implemented -New iPad pros now or September? -New MacBooks with maybe a decent keyboard? -Apple watch? New bands?
    submitted by /u/Matuteg
    [link] [comments]

    Apple Plans to Sell Video Subscriptions Through TV App

    Posted: 09 May 2018 12:18 PM PDT

    ‘Black dot’ bug is the latest Unicode text handling flaw to crash iPhone and iPads, works on iOS 11.3 and iOS 11.4

    Posted: 09 May 2018 05:18 AM PDT

    The butterfly keyboard is annoying

    Posted: 09 May 2018 07:37 AM PDT

    I've had the G key fail on me while writing just now. This one was particularly annoying to get working again.

    I should probably clarify that unlike most people, I quite like how they feel, but super don't like how easy they are to impede.

    These keyboards are borderline defective and should be recalled and replaced. I don't know, I don't feel like sucking on a button for a couple minutes in a computer lab should be something I ever do in my life.

    submitted by /u/donnaclus
    [link] [comments]

    Why is Apple being referred to as potentially the first trillion dollar company when, 11 years ago, PetroChina was called that?

    Posted: 09 May 2018 11:18 AM PDT

    No snark intended, I'm genuinely asking if there's some element I'm misunderstanding? There are lots of headlines from 2007 stating that Petro China became the first company to hit a $1T market cap, and several listings give a handful of trillion-dollar companies including HSBC and TSMC. Do the current crop of headlines about Apple mean it could be the first US trillion-dollar company, or is there some way in which the aforementioned ones don't actually count?

    submitted by /u/frowat
    [link] [comments]

    Apple’s retail head Angela Ahrendts to join Ralph Lauren as non-exec director

    Posted: 09 May 2018 05:38 AM PDT

    Next macOS version name?

    Posted: 09 May 2018 11:25 PM PDT

    With WWDC less than a month away, what do you think this version is going to be called?

    (I'm going with Fully Baked Sierra)

    submitted by /u/millertime0127
    [link] [comments]

    iMac 5k display, 10bit panels or not?

    Posted: 09 May 2018 06:05 PM PDT

    OSX had 10bit colors support from Mavericks, but I find alot of conflicting informations about whether or not the 5k are true 10bit panels or 8 bit.

    Same goes with softwares, some says the Lightroom DEV module and Capture One support 10bit, some says they dont and most articles/comments are like 1+ years old.

    submitted by /u/LowFatMom
    [link] [comments]

    Apple Pay "at the pump" for gas?

    Posted: 09 May 2018 10:31 PM PDT

    I was wondering if anyone knew which brands allow this and if there is a map of where the locations are that support it? I know exxon allows you to pay through their app, but that's a bunch of extra steps I don't want to take. Any help is greatly appreciated!

    submitted by /u/Gregoryxandrew
    [link] [comments]

    TIL if you try to play the same song on a second iOS device while it's still playing, it will ask you to continue on the new device.

    Posted: 10 May 2018 02:20 AM PDT

    Kinda like handoff for Apple music.

    submitted by /u/MeMoMoTimHeidecker
    [link] [comments]

    How to Fix the 'Black Dot' Unicode Bug Crashing iMessage

    Posted: 09 May 2018 07:34 AM PDT

    What comes after the butterfly keyboard and when is it released?

    Posted: 10 May 2018 01:55 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel