• Breaking News

    Thursday, March 1, 2018

    macOS [Tech Support] Anyone have experience using Time Machine w/ a WD My Cloud Home or similar NAS drive?

    macOS [Tech Support] Anyone have experience using Time Machine w/ a WD My Cloud Home or similar NAS drive?


    [Tech Support] Anyone have experience using Time Machine w/ a WD My Cloud Home or similar NAS drive?

    Posted: 01 Mar 2018 01:34 AM PST

    I'm pulling my hair out trying to get this stupid drive to work. It works perfectly fine for manually adding files to the drive but as soon as I try to do a Time Machine backup, it acts like a POS.

    Basically, when I choose it as the drive and try to backup, it gets stuck at "Preparing Backup" for a few minutes then I get an error message saying that the backup failed. Hoping someone can shed some light.

    submitted by /u/vaeladin
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook Pro 13" 2017 shuts down when typing!

    Posted: 01 Mar 2018 12:36 AM PST

    My Macbook that is running macOS 10.13.3 is shutting down immediately sometimes when typing. It has happened 3 times over the past week. It has always happened when I am running off battery power.

    I would like to know a) how can I view the crash logs, and b) has this happened to anyone and is there a fix?

    submitted by /u/Ert69
    [link] [comments]

    Why does a temp(1) folder keeps appearing in my Trash

    Posted: 28 Feb 2018 01:41 PM PST

    I keep getting a folder named "temp(1)" appearing in my trash https://i.imgur.com/LrbZdYE.jpg. If I delete it, next day it's there. At first I thought it's a temporary folder used by some running apps to update themselves, but it keeps appearing even when there're no running apps.

    Anyone has any idea why this happens?

    submitted by /u/SentientNo4
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone know why I get these fuzzy lined every time I wake my Mac? It's either that or my Mac shows what's currently open as in a quick 1 second peek of what I'm gonna see when I log in?

    Posted: 28 Feb 2018 12:00 PM PST

    Does High Sierra Content Caching hurt battery life?

    Posted: 28 Feb 2018 08:00 PM PST

    I'd like to make use of the Content Caching feature in High Sierra to speed up downloads on my measly 10Mbps apartment internet, but I'm wondering if the Content Caching service will run when I'm not plugged in to the power, and whether or not that will hurt battery life. Especially on big networks like my school WiFi, where the cache will certainly be hit but I need the battery.

    submitted by /u/DisruptiveCourage
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook Pro 13in w/ Touchbar and Touchbar is missing

    Posted: 28 Feb 2018 10:34 AM PST

    I was closing out of Lockdown Respondus Browser, then my screen turned black and showed the spinning rainbow wheel. I restarted my laptop and when I logged in, the Control Strip (Controlling my brightness, volume, keyboard brightness) was not available to expand. When I open an application I am able to use the Touchbar but I cannot change the brightness, volume, etc.

    submitted by /u/colinwasson
    [link] [comments]

    High Sierra killing my battery life

    Posted: 28 Feb 2018 10:25 AM PST

    I bit the bullet and upgraded my early-2015 MBP to High Sierra and oh boy do I regret it.

    With only Firefox open (3 tabs), my battery life has gone from 50% to 30% in 30 minutes. And the battery indicator is telling me that 3 tabs in Firefox and Spotlight (???) are both using significant energy.

    I made the mistake of not upgrading for a while, so if I go back to a previous system, it will be El Capitan.

    I've done a PRAM reset, but haven't yet done fsck.

    But seriously: Spotlight using significant energy? What's happening there?

    Is there any way to go back an operating system? To, say, Sierra instead of High Sierra? Would that even make a difference?

    submitted by /u/Crispy_Fish_Fingers
    [link] [comments]

    Turning on bluetooth shuts down network connection

    Posted: 28 Feb 2018 02:11 AM PST

    Hi,

    I have Macbook Air 2017 and up-to-date OS and am connected to wifi router in my house. Everything works fine until i turn on bluetooth a connect my airpods (or any other bluetooth device) - then network suddenly stops working, can't load any site, do anything, until i turn bluetooth off again.

    Does anyone know what the hell is goin on?

    submitted by /u/darkanecz
    [link] [comments]

    Safari Other Forms Password Edit

    Posted: 28 Feb 2018 11:11 AM PST

    Hi!

    I'm logged into Facebook and Instagram on my laptop, but my passwords don't show up in Keychain or in the Safari password list. The websites are listed under Safari>Preferences>AutoFill>Other Forms which you can only edit but not select to view the passwords. Anything I can do to retrieve the passwords instead of resetting them??

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/CFantis
    [link] [comments]

    Lightroom making fan extremely loud

    Posted: 28 Feb 2018 06:20 AM PST

    I'm using a MBP 2017 15" with the upgraded Radeon 4gb card, yet when I run lightroom (2015), it makes the fan run extremely loud :(

    Any advice here?

    submitted by /u/burgerchef618
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel