• Breaking News

    Thursday, March 1, 2018

    Apple Wallpaper Wednesday [February 28]

    Apple Wallpaper Wednesday [February 28]


    Wallpaper Wednesday [February 28]

    Posted: 28 Feb 2018 05:10 AM PST

    Hello, /r/Apple, and welcome to Wallpaper Wednesday!

    Liven up your desktop space or iOS device with some new UI scenery! Please respect the rules below and upload the highest quality image you can find.


    Rules

    1. Please use a reputable image host like imgur.com.
    2. No NSFW posts.
    3. Directly linked images only (albums are acceptable).

    This thread will remain stickied for 24 hours. At that time, the thread will remain active, and an archives link will be posted in the sidebar for easy access. You may also find archives here.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Fix it, Apple. When my iMessages receive out of order. You know what the most annoying thing about iOS is?

    Posted: 28 Feb 2018 09:03 AM PST

    Early benchmarks shows Samsung Galaxy S9 well behind iPhone X in processor performance

    Posted: 28 Feb 2018 05:14 AM PST

    [Idea] We should be able to rotate videos in the stock iOS photo’s app

    Posted: 28 Feb 2018 11:20 AM PST

    We can rotate photo's but not video's which means we have to download some 3rd party app which destroys the video quality, everyones shot a video the wrong way round for some reason or the other before, it's a desperately needed feature...

    submitted by /u/-PsychoDan-
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone else have any interest in an OS X version of the iOS Health app?

    Posted: 28 Feb 2018 02:27 PM PST

    I wish Apple would do this, scrolling through lots of medical data would be much easier on a computer. I made a quick concept for how it could look.

    submitted by /u/jonsul97
    [link] [comments]

    Restored my SE from my iPhone X backup, got the dark live wallpaper along with it.

    Posted: 28 Feb 2018 12:16 PM PST

    So for context I got an AT&T locked 64 GB SE for $60 on letgo because the headphone jack and the speaker doesn't work, I already fixed the headphone jack (peice of paper was stuck in it and wasn't allowing headphones to make a good connection) and just got a speaker assembly from eBay yesterday, and also got it unlocked within 30 mins after submitting the request to AT&T, since I'm thinking of keeping it as an iPod, I decided to just restore it from the latest backup of my iPhone X, and once it finally booted up, I noticed the exclusive iPhone X live wallpaper came along also https://imgur.com/LKmvCHP

    submitted by /u/gabrielr7637
    [link] [comments]

    Can someone please write me an AppleScript? I'll pay you $15!

    Posted: 28 Feb 2018 08:10 PM PST

    I need a script that will maximize the currently open window,

    If the window is already currently maximized, then enter full screen,

    and if the window is already in full screen, then to exit full screen.

    I am wanting to use this on the Better Touch Tool on my mac. This is a script to help simply the mac window controls for my parents.

    (I know /r/AppleScript is a subreddit, but it seems a bit dead, so I thought I'd try here.)

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/iComputerGeek101
    [link] [comments]

    Consumer Reports Says iPhone X Offers the Best Smartphone Camera

    Posted: 28 Feb 2018 01:42 PM PST

    Apple Watch Series 3 now tracks skiing and snowboarding activity

    Posted: 28 Feb 2018 05:06 AM PST

    OneCast brings Xbox One game streaming to Macs

    Posted: 28 Feb 2018 01:15 PM PST

    OLED Keyboards in MacBooks future?

    Posted: 28 Feb 2018 10:59 AM PST

    How hard is dark mode to “make” for apps?

    Posted: 28 Feb 2018 03:44 PM PST

    I know nothing about software or anything like that, aside from the HTML/CSS class I took in grad school, so this might be a silly question.

    I just wish way more apps offered a dark mode, and I'm wondering just how hard it is for developers to do.

    Please keep answers somewhat simple as, again, I have zero software experience. :)

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/wildflowermural
    [link] [comments]

    Warren Buffett is now almost out of IBM and heavily into Apple

    Posted: 28 Feb 2018 01:02 PM PST

    With Homepod, when you're adjusting volume with Siri, don't say, "Turn it up/down" - say, "Turn it to 20" or, "Turn the volume to 45"

    Posted: 28 Feb 2018 08:45 PM PST

    Friend and I just found this out. Apparently it's on a 0-100 scale. Gives way more precise control over the volume!

    submitted by /u/Bradley_Jay
    [link] [comments]

    Identify legitimate emails from the App Store or iTunes Store— New security paper from Apple

    Posted: 28 Feb 2018 04:52 PM PST

    4.7 inch iPhone in 2018?

    Posted: 28 Feb 2018 07:39 AM PST

    Does it look like Apple will release a refreshed 4.7 inch iPhone in 2018?

    Based on MacRumors, it looks like they're potentially focusing on larger iPhones. I can't imagine moving to a larger phone than I have now. Would upgrading from an iPhone 6S to an iPhone 8 be worth it?

    submitted by /u/PapaEchoLincoln
    [link] [comments]

    Is Apple going to make their own processors for mac in the future?

    Posted: 28 Feb 2018 03:12 PM PST

    This is something I'm quite hyped about. I got excited when they implemented the T2 chip in the iMac pro, which "is responsible for controlling the iMac Pro's stereo speakers, internal microphones, and dual cooling fans, all by itself."

    It also makes the Facetime camera a whole lot more intelligent with auto face detection for adjusting white balance and exposure etc.

    And think about iPhone Xs new A11 bionic chip, which outperforms lower end MBPs on geekbench. I know that geekbench scores isnt everything but it shows that Apple has the ability to develop extremely high performing high efficiency processing units.

    I believe it's only a matter of time before Apple ditches Intel and goes all self-made product. At least for the Macbook lineups.

    This would be awesome in so many ways, not to mention it may mean that prices go down with the reduction in production costs.

    submitted by /u/Tarzan___
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Air won’t turn on

    Posted: 28 Feb 2018 07:43 PM PST

    Apple MacBook Air 13" Model: A1466

    Purchased from Apple in November 2016. By memory, I think it said it was a Late 2015 model. Might be wrong on that one though.

    It's no longer under warranty and I don't have Apple Care.

    Problem: I cannot turn the MacBook on, and when connected to the charger, it shows that it is "charging" but it never has enough charge to turn on.

    Background: I've had the laptop for approx 14 months. I've treated it well. It's worked perfectly until now. I've recently moved, and when I did, for about 2 nights I charged the laptop overnight. I had never done this before. Then I noticed that the laptop was charging, but the light on the MagSafe charger was not coming on. I just assumed the charger had blown the light or something. Then the laptop seemed to get less and less charge while being on charge, until it wouldn't pass about 4%. Then I couldn't disconnect the charger or the laptop would turn off. Then it turned off once and would no longer turn on. This all happened over a matter of days.

    What I've done so far:

    • Examined and cleaned the charging port.

    • Followed instructions pressing Shift-Control-Option-Power about a billion times.

    • Bought a brand new Apple charger. It cost $109. No difference. A piece of me died.

    Kind of at wits end - and to top it off? I start university next week. So I'm a little frantic over here.

    Any ideas on what I could do next? :)

    submitted by /u/Aquazalea
    [link] [comments]

    Creating a station in Apple Music to find 'similar' music produces random songs?

    Posted: 28 Feb 2018 02:17 PM PST

    Has anyone else found that when creating a station on a track it generates music that is usually not even the same genre? The 'play more/less like this' feature doesn't even seem to work... It's so hard to find similar music, unlike on Soundcloud where the personalised stations find songs that are actually alike.

    Other than that, Apple Music is great!

    submitted by /u/Linny_Linny
    [link] [comments]

    Will Apple continue to keep the 2015 rMBP lineup?

    Posted: 01 Mar 2018 12:01 AM PST

    I'm wondering what are your thoughts on this? I'm still holding on to my late 2011 17" MBP. Still running really solid. I tend to do a lot of work on audio. Although, I've been thinking lately that I would like to invest into a new MBP. My current MBP has died on me twice due to the logic board issue.

    I've had my hands on the the 2017 MBP, and to be honest, as powerful as a machine that is, it is really not convenient. I'm not a big fan of the keyboard and the fact that there are only USB C ports. Coming from the audio world, there is a very limited amount of companies that actually even supports that technology. Most big companies in the industry still supports USB type A peripherals/ thunderbolt 2.

    Do you guys think that there is a possibility of Apple upgrading processors for the 2015 model at all? I know it's all speculation at this point, but I'm really trying to get a rough idea as to which laptop I should invest into next.

    submitted by /u/Username_1000
    [link] [comments]

    Is it possible to limit the amount of RAM that an application can take?

    Posted: 28 Feb 2018 02:39 PM PST

    I want to limit a program to 16GB or 24GB. Can I do this?

    submitted by /u/leoyoung1
    [link] [comments]

    Weird issue with Alarm / Timer / Notifications - iPhone 6S (iOS 11.2.6)

    Posted: 28 Feb 2018 11:51 PM PST

    Has anybody else seen any/all of these 3 problems:

    1. I set an alarm and no notification appears when the alarm is supposed to go off?
    2. Also if I set the timer, it starts to count down. I hit the home button. I return to the timer, and the timer has stopped. Not paused, but stopped.
    3. Notifications sometimes do not show up on the lock screen.

    It's like the notifications 'service' (if there is such a thing) is broken... any else seen this or have a resolution short of wiping the phone?

    submitted by /u/MGeeM
    [link] [comments]

    Using iCloud like Dropbox

    Posted: 28 Feb 2018 01:31 PM PST

    Hello, Im looking to switch to iCloud, from Dropbox. Because of the seemingly better intergration with all of my devices and lower cost. but i am still doubting a bit. Are there people here who made the jump?

    submitted by /u/Sludig
    [link] [comments]

    How long should I wait before reapplying for an Apple store position?

    Posted: 28 Feb 2018 10:50 AM PST

    Please, no replies saying "why would you want to apply for a crappy retail position?" Or "it's not worth your time." I'm not here for criticism on my job preferences.

    Also, be warned this is a long one.

    I am curious about the title question and could not really find an answer anywhere else. Maybe someone with a success story or personal experience can chime in?

    Background Context: I applied for an Apple Store position in August of 2017. However, since Apple was taking over 3 weeks to reply, I ended up accepting 2 part time job offers instead. I still was interested in working at an Apple store but since I had just accepted two new jobs I felt it had to wait. I asked if there would be any future interviewing opportunities and Apple scheduled me for an interview in November 2017. I accepted.

    During that time in between, I gained more retail experience elsewhere and passed the ACiT and ACMT as well as the Apple Service Fundamentals Exams.

    In November, I went to the interview and actually felt very good about how I did! Unfortunately, I was totally brushed off and did not even make it to the second round of interviews.

    I feel the biggest reason why I failed was because of my lack of full-time availability in November and December. I specified on both my online and in-store applications that I was almost done with school and had 100% full time flexibility starting in January 2018. I'm guessing they want someone who had that flexibility right now which is why I got totally dismissed with a generic "we have moved on with other candidates" email just 3 days after my interview. I tried reaching out to my hiring manager, who was very chatty leading up to the interview, afterwards but she completely stopped communication with me.

    I was very disappointed with the outcome but at the same time I didn't feel like this was over. I felt I deserved to try again and maybe I'd get an interviewer that really connected with me. Maybe I was just unlucky the first time.

    I applied again in December of 2017 (1 month after my interview but over 3 months since my last application online) but it is now almost March, I have not heard back from Apple, and I have since accepted a different job for the time being.

    Here's my question: When is it a good time for me to reapply? How much longer should I wait to submit my application to ensure I give myself the best chance of getting contacted back? - I realize it's best practice to not keep applying every month but to space it out....I've heard 3 months....6 months....8-9 months....even a year or two but I'm not sure which to believe. - I heard that in January, Apple announced it would start hiring 20,000 new employees over the next 5 years. I'm hoping to take advantage of this hiring surge as best as possible but as mentioned need some advice on the timing. - I currently have a well paying job but am unsure if this is what I want for the long-term. Obviously you never know until you actually try it out for yourself but I still wonder if Apple might be a better fit for me or not. That is why I still want to try to apply, Interview, and see my options.

    submitted by /u/electoblaze-reddit
    [link] [comments]

    Is the Apple TV 4K worth it?

    Posted: 28 Feb 2018 07:58 AM PST

    I have a 4K TV and I'm currently using the default apps on it for streaming. I don't have cable. I have a PS4 for HBO Now because my TV doesn't have the app. I know the Apple TV will streamline the way I watch stuff, but there are some issues regarding no YouTube 4K support, and content matching. Do the ease of use and interface outweigh these issues?

    submitted by /u/inbha
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel