• Breaking News

    Monday, August 9, 2021

    macOS Apple’s Plan to Scan every Apple device for Child Sexual Abuse Material Attracts 5,000 Signatures Against it

    macOS Apple’s Plan to Scan every Apple device for Child Sexual Abuse Material Attracts 5,000 Signatures Against it


    Apple’s Plan to Scan every Apple device for Child Sexual Abuse Material Attracts 5,000 Signatures Against it

    Posted: 08 Aug 2021 12:49 PM PDT

    Every time I type in the sequence of letters "sco" in that order in the Safari search text field, the letters get deleted, might anyone know why?

    Posted: 08 Aug 2021 10:28 AM PDT

    Is Parallels worth it?

    Posted: 08 Aug 2021 08:17 PM PDT

    I'm sorry if this is frequently asked. I got my first iMac recently and it's the new one with the M1 chip. I was looking all over for what I could use that would let me access windows without costing me any money. I tried downloading a few Virtual Machines and none worked for me. I decided that since it's gotten so many good reviews, maybe I should look into Parallels and who better to ask then you guys.

    submitted by /u/DavidMasonBO2
    [link] [comments]

    mac os big sur upgrade wont complete download (macbook retina 12 inch early 2015) got the full ssd free so not a space issue

    Posted: 08 Aug 2021 09:16 AM PDT

    MacOS Monterey

    Posted: 08 Aug 2021 11:57 PM PDT

    I have updated my Macbook with MacOS Monterey 12.0 Beta. I have noticed with Private Relay Active, the Safari speed is too slow to use!

    With Private relay off, my internet speed shows about 45-50Mbps, and when its on, speed goes back up to 3-5Mbps.

    Is apple going to fix it? Otherwise it doesn't worth using.

    submitted by /u/ConfidenceGrand3044
    [link] [comments]

    People should not stop talking about the privacy violations being thrust down our throats under the guise of “protecting the children”

    Posted: 08 Aug 2021 10:43 AM PDT

    Help with display ?

    Posted: 09 Aug 2021 01:21 AM PDT

    Using MacOS Monterey Version 12.0 Beta (21A5294g) on a Macbook Air M1 (16GB/1TB)

    So i use a USB-C dock and just plug in my MBA M1 when needed on a desktop, when I do that the monitor does not connect automatically, I have to go into display settings and change the resolution to scaled option then back to default until it works and then have to do this every time the monitor or mac restarts/shutdowns etc. i also turn off the monitor every night cause its in my room and I don't like the standby light. Is anyone else having this issue and/or think this will be fixed after beta??? maybe a shortcut for this can work around to do the scale thing for me but IDK how to do complex scripting shortcuts. any help is much appreciated. TIA.

    submitted by /u/Tsivsy
    [link] [comments]

    Utun0 through utun3

    Posted: 09 Aug 2021 12:57 AM PDT

    When I enter ifconfig I see 4 utun interfaces utun1,utun2,utun3 andutun4 these are tunneling interfaces and I do not use a VPN and would like to know where they come from and what is using these interfaces?

    submitted by /u/Stansmith1133
    [link] [comments]

    How To Hide A Specific Window of Safari

    Posted: 09 Aug 2021 12:06 AM PDT

    I know how to hide the whole application by pressing cmd + H, but I need to know how to hide one window of a specific application. For e.g, when I use Safari I have multiple windows of Safari open, and I need to know how to hide only one or two of those windows (I really don't want to minimise and clutter my dock). Is there a way I can do that?

    submitted by /u/umair_zubair123
    [link] [comments]

    Whenever I view anything on Imgur, if I scroll down any amount, it removes any picture im trying to view. If I try to maximize a video is closes safari. Any ideas whats going on?

    Posted: 08 Aug 2021 07:39 PM PDT

    Running on Safari on an m1 MacBook Air. Thanks for any info!

    submitted by /u/v-a-g
    [link] [comments]

    iCloud Photo Library not syncing on Mac

    Posted: 08 Aug 2021 07:12 PM PDT

    So this is the second time it's happening.

    The iCloud Photo Library will not sync on Mac. iCloud itself is syncing on all devices cause I can see the new photos across other Apple Devices. I have tried repairing and rebuilding the entire photo library, turning iCloud Photos on and off and even restarting the Mac. Rebuilding Photo Library did work the first time. However, it happened again yesterday and I repaired it but I am reluctant to rebuild as it takes a really long time and needs the Mac to stay on and connected to WiFi (Took about 72 hrs last time). I have noticed that when a new memory comes up with those photos, then the library is synced but nothing till then.

    Any one got the same issue? What do you do generally?

    submitted by /u/Mr-Duda15
    [link] [comments]

    Switching to macOS from Windows (for a power user)

    Posted: 08 Aug 2021 11:13 AM PDT

    Hey people,

    The title is pretty self-explanatory: how easy/ difficult is it for a power user to completely switch from Windows to macOS land?

    I use shortcuts all the time (can't even imagine using my laptop without them), and most of my usage includes Chrome, Adobe software, and coding in general.

    So, any genuine suggestion, insight, and experience would be really appreciated. Tia.

    submitted by /u/declan__sam
    [link] [comments]

    Best (free) antivirus for Mac?

    Posted: 08 Aug 2021 10:23 PM PDT

    Hi all. Just moved to Mac after decades on windows. Keen to hear thoughts on free antivirus, eg Avast, AVG etc. what works/isn't bloated etc? Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/Arry_Propah
    [link] [comments]

    How to delete my photos from iCloud?

    Posted: 08 Aug 2021 10:00 PM PDT

    Hey folks,

    I turned on photo syncing with iCloud and it quickly filled up all my iCloud space.

    Now I want to stop the syncing, delete those photos from iCloud, but I'm worried that if I do that it'll delete them from my Mac.

    Help?

    submitted by /u/justshowingup
    [link] [comments]

    M1 mbp not able to output 4k video

    Posted: 08 Aug 2021 08:17 PM PDT

    So I am kinda confused, I connect my mbp to an external monitor, it says that its outputting 4k 60hz which is normal, but on youtube and other streaming sites, it only goes to a maximum for 1080p. Can anyone tell me why this would be happening?

    submitted by /u/vib_whore
    [link] [comments]

    OS update volume on Big Sur (M1 MBA)?

    Posted: 08 Aug 2021 01:55 PM PDT

    Is there any way to make Monterey look like the pre-Yosemite OS theme?

    Posted: 08 Aug 2021 06:42 PM PDT

    I'm talking about full-on (menu bar changes, dock change, icons changed, charging sound changed, etc,) mainly just make it look as much like Mavericks as possible? I have already disabled SIP.

    Things tried:

    Menu Bar Tint (worked to change the menu bar to opaque)

    cDock (didn't work, got rid of my dock entirely and changed desktop background to a black screen, reenabling SIP fixed this issue)

    Thanks in advance for any tools you find that work on Monterey!

    Edit: If there is no possible way to do this, let me know as well

    submitted by /u/NOOBSKINSPAMMER
    [link] [comments]

    Fastest macOS for older MBA 2014?

    Posted: 08 Aug 2021 04:40 AM PDT

    Recently upgraded to Big Sur which works great (not buggy) but isn't the fastest.

    Anyone know if Mojave or Catalina would be faster? None of the Big Sur features are essential to me so I'm open to downgrading.

    4 gb ram, i5, 512 gb SSD.

    submitted by /u/IonisationEnergy
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a way to remove this top bar from the terminal application? (Or any application at all)

    Posted: 08 Aug 2021 06:34 PM PDT

    Late 2013 21.5” iMac upgrade

    Posted: 08 Aug 2021 06:25 PM PDT

    Hi all,

    I ordered a 21.5" iMac for 200$ on eBay. Seemed like a steal with a 2.9 quad core i5 and 8GB with a 256GB SSD, no fusion.

    I would like to upgrade this system but I'd like to make sure I have the right parts for those more experienced than me. I'm quite confident in my ability to do it, just don't know if I got the right parts.

    From what I understand the max ram on this system is 16GB. But that's with the stock i5.

    I'd also like to upgrade this to the Intel i7-4771

    Example i7

    Now, if I upgrade the i5 to the i7, could I max this out to 32GB ram or will I still be stuck with 16? Is the i7-4771 the correct processor or would I need a different one for the 21.5".

    submitted by /u/qwertymnbvcxzlk
    [link] [comments]

    Is anyone having issues not being able to upload text & photos on Facebook using Safari 14.1.2 on macOS Big Sur 11.5.1?

    Posted: 08 Aug 2021 06:19 PM PDT

    Big Sur Installer says brand new external SSD not enough space

    Posted: 08 Aug 2021 02:12 PM PDT

    Hi, I am trying to install Big Sur onto a brand new SanDisk Extreme 1TB external SSD.

    I have created a 980GB partition that is an APFS volume. Theoretically, the Big Sur installer can install directly onto the volume.

    However, when I open the Big Sur Installer on my MacBook Air and select the external drive, it says "The current boot volume does not have enough space to install. An additional 3.82GB is needed."

    However, it also recognizes that the drive has "979.51GB available." I have tried formatting, erasing, adding and deleting volumes, etc.

    The partition is completely blank and has no contents whatsoever. macOS recognizes the amount of space, but the Big Sur installer does not allow me to install to it.

    Please help. Thank you!

    Edit: problem resolved. See comment below.

    submitted by /u/GoodGodLemon30
    [link] [comments]

    I absolutely hate my CoreI9 MBP

    Posted: 08 Aug 2021 10:07 AM PDT

    Title says it all. I'm using my MBP mostly as an hypervisor with Fusion. I always do my updates, I'm on the latest and greatest all the time.

    I'm using a slew of Linux and Windows OS as VMs. It's a chore. My 1k$ Ryzen 5700u laptop handles VMs much, much, much better.

    I tried so many options, so many settings, activate this, deactivate that.

    Seems like it's always overheating and kernel_tasks is always between 50-100% of CPU usage as soon as I have a VM open. I do have the fan curve adjusted so it's always running at 5600RPM as soon as it gets above 60 degrees.

    When using juste one somewhat beefy Windows VM, I'll hear crackling speakers when navigating on my host's browser, the whole OS feels unresponsive, things are just slow to a crawl. The VM itself is hit-and-miss.

    What's the deal in having 8 cores if I can't even have 2 VMs side by side.

    Of course, if I use some very slimmed-down linux VMs, then it's better, but as soon as I have a Windows one with Visual Studio running, boom. A 5k machine dwarfed by a 1k Ryzen CPU.

    And I'm using 3 external display with the MBP in clamshell mode. One 4k scaled 1.5 down and 2x 1080p. I've heard the GPU is the main thing shitting the bed, but it's still a 5500m 4GB! How can that not handle 4k + a few VMs...

    At this point, it's more ranting than anything else. I must not be the only one with this kind of setup and hating it. Just curious what kind of mitigations y'all have.

    Edit: Just want to say, I don't know if it's Big Sur or Fusion or just the i9, but a while ago I had an i7 MBP on Mojave. I've never ever felt the urge of throwing it out of the window or converting it as the most expensive paperweight known to man.

    submitted by /u/deranged_furby
    [link] [comments]

    what does this icon in the menu bar mean? it only shows up when my MacBook is locked, so I can't click it to find out

    Posted: 08 Aug 2021 05:30 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel