• Breaking News

    Sunday, August 8, 2021

    iPhone Immediate action for a iPhone 6 that has been out in the weather for 2 months

    iPhone Immediate action for a iPhone 6 that has been out in the weather for 2 months


    Immediate action for a iPhone 6 that has been out in the weather for 2 months

    Posted: 08 Aug 2021 12:11 AM PDT

    Yes, this is a HUGE amount of time being outside and it's a long story. I'm in Australia so at worse it has faced some heavy rain (no snow) but no direct sunlight.

    Some quick notes:

    • I can't be 100% sure but it's likely that the battery would have been low and turned off prior to encountering any rain

    • For what it's worth, the winter we had only had a few days of "heavy" rain, most days was either dry with the occasional 1-3mm of rain

    • the water damage indicator has set off and turned red. Moisture droplets found inside camera lens. It might have been more protected from direct rain (sitting under some shade) but water still made it in regardless

    • I haven't charged it yet for fear of disturbing any electronics inside without knowing the scale of the damage inside

    • I'm about to buy some desiccant from the hardware store and keeping it in an airtight container overnight (with the phone raised above the desiccant)

    • I don't know whether to open up the phone prior to putting it in the container to speed up the process. I have disassembled my phone numerous times to replace the screen so removing just the screen and flex cable is no issue

    I don't know where else to go from here before I'm comfortable charging the phone. Is there anything else I should be doing? The phone itself is no issue, at the very least I really just need to be able to back it up to make sure I don't lose my data.

    Thank you so much

    submitted by /u/According-Promise-11
    [link] [comments]

    Need help

    Posted: 07 Aug 2021 06:34 PM PDT

    Around a year ago I stupidly jailbroke my iPhone and it shut it down after turning it back on I couldn't unjailbreak it and I thought everything was ok untill I realized my iPhone is in 12.4 and I cant update it will resetting my phone restore it to the correct version or not I'm on iPhone x

    submitted by /u/Dramatic-Concert-720
    [link] [comments]

    IPhone 7s Problem

    Posted: 07 Aug 2021 10:00 PM PDT

    Need help with a software? problem, my speaker is greyed out and the sounds for cameras and videos I recently took aren't working.. I'm using a IPhone 7plus and I've heard this is a common reoccurring problem. I've tried hard resetting, network resetting, changing my iPhone,message,and FaceTime recieve and sending multiple times, also a other small problem whenever I FaceTime and call people it says I call from my email even though I've turned that option.

    submitted by /u/F_is_for_FRICK
    [link] [comments]

    Weird ‘link’ sent while texting? Why would this Mysteriously send while Texting Google search results?

    Posted: 07 Aug 2021 03:16 PM PDT

    Deleted the calendar spam virus thing, am I still at risk?

    Posted: 07 Aug 2021 08:19 PM PDT

    Earlier today, I got the calendar spam virus thing. I deleted it a while ago, but I want to know, did I get any data leaked and/or am I still at risk?

    submitted by /u/ultranerd555
    [link] [comments]

    Color scheme changes on iPhone XR

    Posted: 07 Aug 2021 07:44 PM PDT

    What happened to my calculator app?

    Posted: 07 Aug 2021 07:29 PM PDT

    One day, my calculator app icon suddenly dissappeared. When I go to the app store, it just opens the calculator app without restoring the icon. When I bought a new iPhone and copied my data to the new iPhone, this problem came to the new iPhone with my data. My old iPhone and my new iPhone are both called "iPhone SE", but my old one is smaller and has a headphone jack. My old iPhone has iOS 14.6 and my new iPhone has iOS 14.7.1.

    submitted by /u/darklordoftech
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone X Broken Screen and Google 2-FA :( - Help Please

    Posted: 07 Aug 2021 07:03 PM PDT

    So I dropped and cracked my iPhone X screen. Face ID doesn't work, and I can't input my passcode because the top 3 numbers (1 2 3) don't respond to any inputs. There are times when I can enter the passcode and there are times when I can't on the top 3 numbers part. It's very strange how sometimes it works or doesn't work. The issue is that I have about 20 important apps/logins all tied to Google 2-Factor Authenticator on it, and Google 2FA can't be backed up. Is there anyway to input the passcode via an attached device to the iPhone X? Does anyone know why sometimes the screen works and sometimes it doesn't in terms of responding to my taps? Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

    submitted by /u/FTG101
    [link] [comments]

    Girlfriend and I can’t send messages to one another.

    Posted: 07 Aug 2021 01:45 PM PDT

    Hello. The title basically describes my issue. My girlfriend and I both have iPhone 11s, and suddenly this morning, we can't send iMessages to eachother. Every now and then we'll get messages through SMS, but even those only rarely get through. We've both tried every solution on Apple Forums, and Macrumors. We can both send and receive iMessages to other contacts no issue, it's just with eachother that we're having issues.

    Here's an example of what issue i'm having:Screenshot

    Sometimes the messages will come through iMessage, but then send again through SMS immediately after. Hope you guys can provide more help.

    I've tried:

    -Resetting Network Settings -Turning iMessage on and off -Signing in and out of Apple ID -Deleting and re-adding contact -Changing the send and receive from both email and phone number

    submitted by /u/ThatOnePieGuy
    [link] [comments]

    Photo sharing

    Posted: 07 Aug 2021 04:46 PM PDT

    What is the easiest way to set up our iPhones so any photo she takes automatically is shared to my phone? We have separate cloud accounts.

    I have 12 pro max, she has 8. In USA

    submitted by /u/xtwodx
    [link] [comments]

    iphone XR struggling with lock button

    Posted: 07 Aug 2021 10:38 AM PDT

    One of my clients came to me with this XR complaining about several reboots during its normal usage. When I asked him to tell me its "story" he told me it has got a first battery replacement (not original) months ago, but after few days he had to go back to the technician because the battery started to swollen up so they've replaced it again and since then the iPhone often reboots during usage. I started some usage tests and the phone rebooted few times as the client told me so I've done a complete restore from iTunes and also recalibrate the battery (just to be sure). The situation now is kinda weird: the phone does work properly but it seems to struggle with the lock button, at some point it gets hard to wake up the phone, it responds with seconds of delay when pressing the lock button and one time in two days I had to reboot it. I've thought about three main possibilities: - the screen itself could have some problem when it comes to "wake up" from screen locking - the battery is still causing problems even though I'm not so sure about it, nothing is indicating the battery is working bad (see edit) - iOS bug (latest version installed)

    Did anyone experience the same with an XR? Thanks!

    EDIT: Even After a DFU restore the phone is still having the reboot issue now not apparently linked with the lock button, it just happens like the day he brought me the device. Start thinking the battery is the actual problem…

    submitted by /u/SnooMaps1277
    [link] [comments]

    Recovery tool

    Posted: 07 Aug 2021 03:33 PM PDT

    Hi! So not only am I new to Reddit, I'm also new to iPhone! 😃 double newb in the house! So my question for you all or whomever can provide an answer is this: is there a free (legal please) software that I can download onto my laptop or even my iPhone to recover deleted texts, iMessages, photos, etc.? I've done a restore of my backup but that didn't seem to get me anywhere. Thanks in advance, even if nobody answers or can help 😅

    submitted by /u/CarpetSurfer02
    [link] [comments]

    Chrome Downloads not Appearing in Files App

    Posted: 07 Aug 2021 11:33 AM PDT

    So, I have downloaded an mP4 from MediaFire and it has opened in a new tab. It is a grey background and just lets me play the video. I assume that it had downloaded it into the Chrome folder of the Files app but it is not appearing there. Is there any way to download it?

    submitted by /u/DrWhoGoosebumps
    [link] [comments]

    Hour long recording didn’t save?

    Posted: 07 Aug 2021 09:50 AM PDT

    I'm recording a really important performance of something and I pressed stop after Act 1 and it was nowhere to be found. No "no space left" message. No "the video did not save" message. Nothing. I'm completely heartbroken. Does anyone have any advice or way that I can restore it?

    submitted by /u/miker35591
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone else’s iPhone apps rearrange themselves?

    Posted: 07 Aug 2021 09:14 AM PDT

    Has anyone noticed their apps rearrange themselves? I particularly noticed it when I installed a new app.

    On ios 14.7

    submitted by /u/throwaway_willQuail
    [link] [comments]

    Iphone 12 does not show charge status right

    Posted: 07 Aug 2021 09:04 AM PDT

    After 80% freezes the charge status after restart it shows the right status. How can I fix it because I dont want to restart my phone everytime

    submitted by /u/SandwichOhneBrot
    [link] [comments]

    Can i download files from the google app ?

    Posted: 07 Aug 2021 08:52 AM PDT

    Every time i try to install a file from google nothing happens and i can't find the files in the files appsso is safari the only browser that i can download files from it or files from the google app are downloaded but it doesn't appear in the files app ?

    submitted by /u/-KAFON-
    [link] [comments]

    I found somebody's phone and it has an activation lock. What should I do?

    Posted: 07 Aug 2021 05:02 AM PDT

    I want to return it to the owner but I'm not sure how

    submitted by /u/thebandz
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 6s suddenly unusable

    Posted: 07 Aug 2021 07:57 AM PDT

    Yesterday, for seemingly no reason, there were a bunch of issues with my 6s. It could not connect to Wi-fi despite everything else in the house having no problems with connecting. It's battery also seemed to drain by itself, I had it in sleep mode for the majority of the day, had pretty much no apps running, yet it's battery died twice. Just the previous day, I'd been using it fairly frequently and it was fine, only getting to about 30%. I can no longer even turn it on because as soon as it gets any battery in it, I believe it just drains it, even though I specifically powered it down so that wouldn't happen. That idea did work for the first recharge during this problem. The last thing I downloaded was about 4 days before this happened, and I don't think it would have such affects anyways. It's been working perfectly fine for at least 2 years, and it should have the latest version of iOS. Something pretty similar happened a few months ago to one of my friends with an iPhone 5 at the time, with their phone heating up due to the battery being rapidly drained.

    submitted by /u/Vrdnant
    [link] [comments]

    Liquid detect warning everytime I charge my phone to full

    Posted: 07 Aug 2021 07:32 AM PDT

    I charge my phone and then when it reaches 90-100%, it shows a liquid detected warning?

    submitted by /u/loganlee6969696969
    [link] [comments]

    Weird "Zaca" app issue

    Posted: 07 Aug 2021 07:28 AM PDT

    I'm having trouble with my iPhone 6+ and the more I look into it, the more problems I have.

    First, I wanted to install an app again (animal crossing pocket camp) but it appeared with the button "open" rather than "Install" 1

    Second, I then shut off and turned it back on, I saw an app called "Zaca" which appeared to have been acting as the ghost to the app I wanted. It showed up on my phone's home screen, so I uninstalled it. 2 But even when I uninstalled it, I went back to the app store and the app was still saying "open" 2.5

    Third, I checked the settings app, and at the bottom of my apps, the "Zaca" app was still there. You can't uninstall apps from the bottom app section screen, so I was stuck with it 3

    Fourth, I saw another person on this subreddit have the same problem, to which they received an answer stating to go to profile and check if anything was installed. As of right now, I have no idea how I even get to the profiles page, since it isn't showing up, but I remember finding it at some point, and the profile page was completely blank.

    Fifth, I was starting to panic, so I went and downloaded an anti-virus scanner, but it seemed there was nothing wrong with it (I doubt that)

    I haven't installed the app from anywhere outside the AppStore and I'm really worried. This is the only device I have that can play Animal crossing and I do not know if my iPhone 6+ is outdated or not.

    I should note, my iPhone is really old. It runs IOS 12.5.4

    submitted by /u/GoldenRarity
    [link] [comments]

    Question about Find my iPhone

    Posted: 07 Aug 2021 02:03 AM PDT

    I lost my iPhone today, and when I tried to log into the Find my iPhone website, it redirected me into a verification page and told me it sent a verification code to my lost iPhone. Is this a joke? I don't know.

    Anyways, I found my iPhone and I'd like to make sure this doesn't happen again. Can someone help me?

    submitted by /u/ahm713
    [link] [comments]

    Why is Facebook market place infinitely loading?? Help

    Posted: 07 Aug 2021 05:36 AM PDT

    Will the iPhone 13 have a fingerprint scanner?

    Posted: 07 Aug 2021 04:22 AM PDT

    I have an iPhone 8 and the only reason why I didn't change my phone yet is because the Touch ID is just too good. (And overall the phone is great!)

    More recently, I bought myself a Redmi Note 10 (as my secondary phone) and its side fingerprint scanner is amazing and almost just as good/comfortable as the touch ID.

    Why doesn't Apple think of doing just that? Is there a patent that prevents it? All in all, a fingerprint scanner will ensure I buy an iPhone 13.

    Edit: I just read the newer iPad has a side button fingerprint scanner.

    submitted by /u/ahm713
    [link] [comments]

    How do I recover shared contact photos

    Posted: 07 Aug 2021 01:22 AM PDT

    I recently set up my iPhone 12, and I originally ignored the prompt to update my contacts using the shared contact photo. I wish to go back and apply these photos now, is there a way to do this? The shared photo does not show up as an option when setting the contact photo, though I know one was shared with the contact card.

    submitted by /u/clownfishclown
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel