• Breaking News

    Tuesday, August 10, 2021

    Apple Macbook my parents bought me the m1 macbook air as a college gift, but they didn't know i bought one myself 2 weeks ago

    Apple Macbook my parents bought me the m1 macbook air as a college gift, but they didn't know i bought one myself 2 weeks ago


    my parents bought me the m1 macbook air as a college gift, but they didn't know i bought one myself 2 weeks ago

    Posted: 09 Aug 2021 02:58 PM PDT

    Which Macbook is worth it for video editing?

    Posted: 09 Aug 2021 09:22 PM PDT

    I'm planning to buy a Macbook for video editing in the future, I want it to be worth it and compatible with some editing programs such as After Effects, Vegas Pro, Etc. I'm saving some money to get one but I don't know which one is the best for video editing. Any Recommendations?

    submitted by /u/SnooTomatoes5187
    [link] [comments]

    MBP 2019

    Posted: 10 Aug 2021 12:06 AM PDT

    Back in 2020, I got the top spec 2019 MBP with the bigger screen from my friend and since then I also had an dual boot setup with MacOS and Windows 10 on this laptop.

    Now, it has been over a year and I just never got any AMD Radeon drivers update on Win10. I still run the 2020 gpu drivers and that AMD software thing just says that there are no updates available.

    Is there some trick that enables the GPU driver update or something that I missed? I definitely can't go to AMD and just download their drivers or I would corrupt the Win10 drivers. Thrust me, I did that mistake :P

    I hope there's a solution to that or otherwise I would have to sell that MacBook since it'll be an obsolete e-waste for me. I mean, back in 2020 all my professional programs and some games (Cyberpunk 2077, Watch Dogs 2, Witcher 3) were running fine and didn't cause any problems.

    Now, none of those games are running for longer than 3 minutes (crashing) and my professional programs such as Vegas Pro, are just randomly crashing and giving me an GPU exception error. And before anyone asks, yes.. I did an clean install of Windows again but no it didn't fixed the problem

    submitted by /u/MichalPlays
    [link] [comments]

    Just ordered new M1 MacBook. Should I return?

    Posted: 09 Aug 2021 09:41 AM PDT

    So I've had an iPad Pro for years and wanted to go back to a MacBook. The M1 air is currently on sale for $799 from Best Buy and have read the amazing reviews. I don't feel like the power of the pro and the updated refresh would've been necessary for my needs - I would've impulsively bought it just to say I have the new one and spend an extra $400-$600. But now I'm reading a new Air is already due in 2022. Was I dumb for getting the M1 air?!?

    submitted by /u/squidward0319
    [link] [comments]

    MBP M1 Powered Dock with T

    Posted: 09 Aug 2021 11:07 PM PDT

    Hi All,

    I purchased an MBP M1 earlier this year and have been extremely happy with it in all aspects except for the poor number of ports and lack of multi monitor support. At the time of purchasing I looked into docks with 2 main requirements:
    1. Needs to provide full power/charge through reliably.
    2. Needs to be able to run a 4k external monitor via DisplayPort/ThunderBolt (not using DisplayLink software)

    At the time it seemed like the following three were the main contenders, but they are extremely expensive. I was just wondering if there's any cheaper options these days?

    https://www.apple.com/au/shop/product/HP9H2X/A/belkin-thunderbolt-3-dock-pro

    https://www.caldigit.com/ts3-plus/

    https://www.owcdigital.com/products/thunderbolt-3-dock-14-port

    Many thanks!

    submitted by /u/Manachi
    [link] [comments]

    I forgot my name, password and email (if i even have one)

    Posted: 09 Aug 2021 09:00 PM PDT

    It's an old ass computer so i forgot, is there any way i could get it to work?

    submitted by /u/cashcartichungus
    [link] [comments]

    Should I sell my 2019 16" intel MBP in preparation for the 2021 16" M1X MBP?

    Posted: 09 Aug 2021 08:39 PM PDT

    Mid last year I was starting a new university degree which relies heavily on the adobe suite. I had a 2013 base MBP which struggled to keep up with Premier Pro, so I decided to upgrade. I bought a 16 inch MBP, 32GB Ram, 1TB HDD etc (see pic) with the idea that it would hopefully last me another 7 years, it would last me through uni and I could use it as a work computer. Luckily I got it through a contact at Apple so I got a good discount. I also got Applecare +.

    But of course M1 then released and all the reviews seem to be saying that M1 is incredible and Apple will be moving away from intel. Although it's not confirmed yet, it seems pretty likely that Apple are going to be releasing a 14" and 16" MPB with M1X or M2. I'm wondering if it would be wiser long-term to sell my current 16" for the new MBPs when they release.

    As there was no 2020 16" MBP, the 2019 is still the latest version available but I am worried there will be a big price drop in resale once the 2021 models are announced.

    Any advice? Is it worth selling and rebuying? Or should I just use my current MBP as long as I can?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/BreederKeith
    [link] [comments]

    HDMI stops working after security update

    Posted: 09 Aug 2021 08:35 PM PDT

    I have been on Catalina 10.15.7 since last year. I'm using a MBP 16 inch, and connecting an external monitor over HDMI though an Anker usb-c hub. This setup has worked flawlessly, and never had any issues.

    In the midst of working I accidentally hit update on that silly notification Apple has to send you every freaking day,
    "update now or remind me later", I instantly regretted it and tried to see if there's an option to stop it.

    The update screen starts and at that point I don't want to stop it in case that would cause an issue.
    Update finishes and I looked to see what was updated and it must have been a security update as I'm still on 10.15.7.

    Unfortunately, now my HDMI connection will not work! To reiterate it worked flawlessly before,
    then a security update gets installed, and now it won't work. Thanks a lot APPLE!

    I've tried resetting the Nvram, detecting displays, unplugging, re-plugging, shutting down, etc
    Tried connecting through different hubs, adapters, but it seems anything that utilizes HDMi will result in a blank/black screen on the monitor.

    Of course this happens when I have work to get done, this is beyond ridiculous.

    submitted by /u/Conversation-Capable
    [link] [comments]

    Virtualization in M1

    Posted: 09 Aug 2021 08:02 PM PDT

    I need some advice. I need a new laptop for work. It's a start-up so they're not in a situation to provid us with work machines and asked us to arrange it ourselves(can't really blame them). The required configuration they gave us is an intel i5 with 16GB RAM. My current config is an i3 6th gen 4GB RAM. So you see where the problem is. I thought if I'm going to spend that much amount of money I'm better off buying a macbook m1 that will probably last a few more years than a windows machine does.

    I need virtualization(VMware fusion is what they recommended). I need to virtualize OS like Windows 10 Server and Linux. Is this something possible in m1? Will I have to shell more for software licenses? Or I'm good with just buying an m1 machine?

    submitted by /u/selfdoubtingcomputer
    [link] [comments]

    M1: Which dual/triple display plugin is best?

    Posted: 09 Aug 2021 01:51 PM PDT

    Hey All,

    I am doing a bit of research on display link plugins to dually use a MacBook air m1 on my desk to replace my old Windows PC I game on. I have 2 x 4k@60fps monitors I would like to be able to use when it's in docked mode and connected to the internet via ethernet.

    submitted by /u/Storxusmc
    [link] [comments]

    White Polycarbonate Macbook from late 2009

    Posted: 09 Aug 2021 07:19 PM PDT

    Hey, everybody! I found a late 2009 poly MacBook on eBay for just 50 bucks, and I was wondering: does it still holds up well to this date? It has a 250GB HDD (planning to change to an SSD for obvious reasons) and 4 gigs of DDR3 RAM, and it seems to be in pretty good shape aside from some very minor scratches. It doesn't even have that hairline crack on the back.

    I was willing to buy an M1 Macbook Air but since the new ArmV9 M2 is coming out in a few months, I'd rather save some money and wait a little longer. What bothers me about the M1 are the bezels and the price for upgrading it to 512GB and 16GB. I'd like to buy it for long-term usage (6 years at least), but it seems that the current MacBooks won't catch up with time.

    I'm almost graduating high school and my usage, for now, would be just for Zoom meetings and Word annotations. Never had any notebook before the pandemics, but since some of my classes are now online and the "rhythm" is faster, I need a Mac.

    The white polycarbonate MacBooks from late 2009 - mid-2010 have just a beautiful and timeless design, and I wouldn't mind sticking with one for the next 2-3 years if they're snappy enough for daily tasks like I mentioned.

    Do you think it's worth it? And in order to make it performs better, should I prioritize upgrading then RAM or SSD?

    submitted by /u/lcegali
    [link] [comments]

    What brand of skin is recommended?

    Posted: 09 Aug 2021 08:24 AM PDT

    So it seems that the general consensus is that hard cases are not good for macs. However I would like to purchase a skin just for a little bit extra protection. Som I'm curious, what brand does everyone use? Preferably not dbrand as those are really expensive. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/whyhellothere77
    [link] [comments]

    Cable management help

    Posted: 09 Aug 2021 07:05 AM PDT

    Hello guys!

    I just bought a monitor for my macbook air M1 with only an HDMI port and display port only. Is there a way that I can charge my laptop while hooked up on this monitor?

    I saw some mini display ports that supports power delivery so Im planning to buy a DP to mini DP adapter then connect to my USB C hub. do you guys think this would work?

    Please suggest a cleaner way to manage my cables. Thank you all

    submitted by /u/tusokboi
    [link] [comments]

    Best Webcam for MacBook Pro?

    Posted: 09 Aug 2021 05:21 PM PDT

    Looking for suggestions of the best, highest resolution webcams compatible with the last few generations of macbooks. I've read mixed reviews online about certain popular webcams not being compatible with macs.

    submitted by /u/neko-420
    [link] [comments]

    Selling a macbook, question about Find My

    Posted: 09 Aug 2021 05:02 PM PDT

    So I am selling my Macbook tomorrow. I followed Apples guide on how to disable Find My and perform a factory reset.

    The buyer wants to connect to his hotspot and log into Find My before finalizing the deal when we meet tomorrow. Is there any type of scam or anything I should look out for? (By him linking his account on Find My? I guess he wants to confirm mine is deleted before he purchases).

    It seems like trying to sell this mac on Facebook marketplace has lured all the scammers... so many people acting so fishy about how they want to pay, ship it overnight, etc...)

    submitted by /u/TheDeltaFlight
    [link] [comments]

    Thinking about switching from a Windows laptop to a Macbook. What little features will I miss? I already understanding gaming, but what subtler things such as MS Office/Onedrive, keyboard shortcuts, reading PDFs, etc.

    Posted: 09 Aug 2021 12:10 PM PDT

    I'm so used to Windows and the little conveniences. Even the Win Key + V shortcut to bring up all the things I've copied and pasted.

    Plus, I know Excel is kinda subpar on a Mac. Anything else I'm missing?

    submitted by /u/Gaffgaff123
    [link] [comments]

    Any reviews on the Tomtoc sleeve? Are the pads really abrasive?

    Posted: 09 Aug 2021 08:52 AM PDT

    The Tomtoc sleeve looks really good and protective, which I need because I'm using my M1 Air without a case. But I'm hesitating because of a review I saw on Amazon about the padding leaving marks. How was your experience with this sleeve?

    Feel free to recommend other sleeves as well!

    submitted by /u/heygallifrey
    [link] [comments]

    M1 MBA/MBP vs waiting for new 2021 MBP

    Posted: 09 Aug 2021 02:35 PM PDT

    I currently have a 2014 Pro with the i5. While it works fine the battery is nearing 1000 charge cycles and battery life is starting to dip. I understand the battery life and performance of the M1 MacBooks will be significantly better than my current, so I'm considering upgrading my MacBook to one of the Apple ARM ones.

    I'd say I'm a fairly average user. Mostly web browsing, word processing/document creation, streaming music, online learning. I have done some lighter video editing (mainly for social media, YouTube, etc.) in the past and will probably do some more in the future.

    The first MacBook I had (a 2008) I kept for 6 years, and this one is currently at 7. I would've been happy to keep chugging along with my 2014 Pro until it died, but the advancements with the M1 chip seem pretty significant especially for the price.

    My questions are: - is there any advantage or reason I should wait for the upcoming MBP's later this year? Or would I be better off with an M1 Pro or Air and upgrading again in 1-3 years or if my needs change? - how likely is it that the 14" Pro would start with 16GB RAM?

    I was planning to get something that I could keep for 6-7+ years like my other MacBooks, so I was considering waiting and splurging for the rumored 14" Pro to keep long term. But the price and performance of the M1 options + my current usage have me considering picking one of the base models up to use for a while, then resell and upgrade later to a 14" or 16" if/when I need more performance. Is there anything rumored to be coming to the new Pro's that would really be worth spending $700+ more than an M1 now for my use?

    I also have a late 2012 iMac that I could probably dedicate to certain tasks if needed, as I can upgrade the RAM to 32GB easily. I know it's not exactly current anymore but it still seems to work fine.

    submitted by /u/ecogs21
    [link] [comments]

    best way to take handwritten notes on MacBook?

    Posted: 09 Aug 2021 01:03 PM PDT

    hi does anyone know what's the best way to take handwritten notes on onenote on MacBook Pro? I want to buy a writing pad/drawing pad but idk if it will sync handwriting to text with one note...and I cant afford an iPad right now...

    submitted by /u/liannamh2001
    [link] [comments]

    New battery, poor WiFi

    Posted: 09 Aug 2021 12:26 PM PDT

    My work's IT department sent out my 2018 MacBook (A1990) to have the battery replaced. Since getting it back, the reception for WiFi seems to be seriously compromised, to the point where I can't connect to the ubiquitous campus network from my desk.

    I did not have this issue before sending it off, so is it possible the new battery or installation process could have affected the antenna? My other devices have no issues connecting.

    submitted by /u/limeyskook
    [link] [comments]

    Connecting an external display to MacBook Air 2017

    Posted: 09 Aug 2021 11:46 AM PDT

    Hi, I recently purchased a Dell 23.8" monitor (1080p full HD IPS panel) and using it with my MacBook Air 2017. I connected the MacBook to the monitor using a mini DP to HDMI cable (Amazon Basics). Is it recommended to use this setup with keeping the MacBook plugged in?

    And also I am not using my MacBook's display.

    submitted by /u/blokewithbike
    [link] [comments]

    Just bought a used MacBook Air 2020 and it won’t let me install big sure OS. I’m not even sure what this page is. Help?

    Posted: 09 Aug 2021 10:51 AM PDT

    Macbook pro 15 inch 2016 , i7 , 16GB , 512 ssd for $1072 worth it ??

    Posted: 09 Aug 2021 10:51 AM PDT

    Unified memory

    Posted: 09 Aug 2021 09:14 AM PDT

    Hello everyone ! I wanted to ask what is unified memory in macbooks and is it worth it to go for the 16gb one instead of the 8gb ? Thanks

    submitted by /u/mjmj2345
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel