• Breaking News

    Friday, August 27, 2021

    Apple Macbook I'm wasting my macbook

    Apple Macbook I'm wasting my macbook


    I'm wasting my macbook

    Posted: 27 Aug 2021 06:37 PM PDT

    I hope I don't offend any avid Mac users here! I have been a Macbook user for almost 10 years now, I love it and won't go back to a windows PC, but I really don't utilise it for anything other than Web browsing, streaming and backing up my phone. I don't need it for work and I'm not into anything particularly creative like making music or graphic design. Help, I want to use and spend time on my MAC, what could I be doing, how do I get the most out of it?

    submitted by /u/Famous_Paramedic7562
    [link] [comments]

    clueless high school student here

    Posted: 27 Aug 2021 08:17 PM PDT

    so i found two 2018 macbook airs for decent prices & i want to know which i should get.

    one has 16gb 256ssd

    the other has 8gb 128ssd

    there is a $50 price difference

    i want to use my macbook to do school work, but i am also a casual gamer. i plan to play the sims 4 and minecraft on my pc. i also plan to do some light editing on imovie for my tiny youtube channel. would you recommend paying the extra $50 or is 8gb enough for what i plan to use it for?

    edit: just thought of this. do the 2018 airs hold up well? like would i still be able to use this computer for the next 5ish years?

    submitted by /u/caprillo1
    [link] [comments]

    Delay in ScreenShot/ScreenRec UI when audio source is selected?

    Posted: 27 Aug 2021 08:24 AM PDT

    Still learning about the mac

    Posted: 27 Aug 2021 07:25 PM PDT

    Hey guys. Im used to plugging my iphone into my pc and having access to all my photos. On the mac however, Im told I can only access my photos off my iphone by actually downloading my photos onto the mac? Wow is that true? Sounds so dumb

    submitted by /u/jamesnyc1
    [link] [comments]

    Rant about MacBook Pro 2020

    Posted: 27 Aug 2021 10:18 AM PDT

    Hey everybody! First time here.
    I've had a new 2020 MacBook for school since February. Since then, I've noticed that it crashes... so much. Like, pink screen crashes. At the drop of a hat. Since it's so new and it has a lot of storage, it can't be that it's too full to function. Does this happen more often? Is it just an apple bad launch or am I doing something wrong?
    I'm prone to keysmashing a lot [eg: adsgdfhdghsg] and it's happened twice that I smashed keys and it went pink. Could that be related too?

    submitted by /u/exposeburnout
    [link] [comments]

    I can’t seem to screen record on my MacBook Air

    Posted: 27 Aug 2021 05:38 PM PDT

    Whenever I start screen recording on my MacBook it usually stops for a few seconds, and I can't press any keys to stop the screen recording. After that the screen recording itself stops by itself, but whatever is on the screen continues moving.

    I have been looking for a similar problem on the Internet and can't find any. I have tried resetting it and leaving it off for a day.

    submitted by /u/ThatSlytherclaw553
    [link] [comments]

    Hi please help me I am having trouble with my mac to switch to windows

    Posted: 27 Aug 2021 08:55 PM PDT

    Hi so I was trying to transfer my macbook pro late 2013 model into a windows 10 instead of iOS so I was doing everything correctly and I put in the USB (16gb) and I cleared it. And the it was copying/downloading windows into it when all of a sudden like half way it just stopped and said that it said something along the lines of "not enough disc space"

    submitted by /u/HarryChicken1
    [link] [comments]

    Trade in my Intel Macbook Pro for an M1 Macbook Air?

    Posted: 27 Aug 2021 03:45 PM PDT

    My Macbook Pro (16 GB RAM, 512 GB SSD, 10th gen i5) is worth around £1050 for a trade-in at the Apple Store. I was considering trading it for an M1 Macbook Air because my fans keep spinning up like crazy when I'm using my external 4k monitor and the battery performance is pretty poor. Additionally, it also feels a bit laggy using my external monitor and the CPU idles at around 70 degrees just watching a YouTube video.

    What do you think I should do?

    submitted by /u/TheLucidBlonde
    [link] [comments]

    Saw this at my local costco. I didn’t see any point of impact. Other models are fine and has no problem. Your thought?

    Posted: 27 Aug 2021 07:16 PM PDT

    Issue with updates on M1 MacBook

    Posted: 27 Aug 2021 03:29 PM PDT

    I'm not sure if this is a known issue. I checked to see if there were any new software updates on my brand new M1 MacBook that I got 1 week ago. This morning, it said there were 3 updates.

    • Command Line Tools for Xcode 12.4 (451 MB)

    • Command Line Tools for Xcode 12.5 (482.3 MB)

    • Command Line Tools for Xcode 12.5 (482.1 MB)

    I've tried updating it 3 times but every time it finishes updating, it pops up again in the "New Software Updates" area in Settings. In other words, it downloads and updates, but doesn't actually update. Anyone know anything about this or what might be interfering with this?

    submitted by /u/skylloo
    [link] [comments]

    Rather a new(ish) MacBook Air or an older MacBook Pro?

    Posted: 27 Aug 2021 03:24 PM PDT

    After using Windows for all of my life and finally having had enough of my ancient ThinkPad (I know they have a cult following, but they're heavy and an eyesore), I decided to buy a used MacBook. Should I rather buy: 1) an early 2015 Macbook Pro, 8GB RAM, ~$460 or 2) late 2017 MacBook Air, also 8GB RAM, already updated to Big Sur, ~$530?

    I'm a media studies major and I'd like to edit on this laptop, mainly audio but maybe sometimes photos or graphics as well. Is the Pro really that much more durable or does the age negate the differences?

    submitted by /u/nolifedeepwoe
    [link] [comments]

    Cover/skin for kid's macbook air?

    Posted: 27 Aug 2021 08:37 AM PDT

    Hi. My kids (12 & 10) just started at a new school where they use macbook air's for their books and schoolwork. Are there any covers or skins I can apply to protect the macbooks while still allowing them to decorate it with their flair (stickers)?

    submitted by /u/_eroz
    [link] [comments]

    Just a rant on m1 Mac and Instagram

    Posted: 27 Aug 2021 08:34 AM PDT

    I'm currently using MacBook Air m1, and I'm totally pissed about the missing app feature that m1 promised.

    Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy editing stuff on fcpx and browsing on safari and I fully comprehend that not every iOS app is on Mac version of App Store. When I was ready to post something on the website version of Instagram, it just couldn't, it can only be done on portable devices. And then it comes to me that m1 is an integrated ARM cpu and other computer components, one of its job is to run more iOS app. So I went to App Store and check it up, turns out there's no Instagram app suitable for m1 Mac, if I have to post on Instagram I'll have to download the plugin or using the developer kit.

    And then I was totally pissed. I'm not here to blame Apple or Facebook because I don't know whose fault it is. All I want was a Instagram that CAN post stuff without having to download some bullshit plugin.

    Finally, I just airdropped the photo to my iPhone and post it with it. I fucking hate the feeling that the big company's sthitty design.

    submitted by /u/HWDMichael
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone know why this is happening and how to fix it? Also why are there 3 drives when i only have 1

    Posted: 27 Aug 2021 01:41 PM PDT

    This might not be the right Subreddit to ask this, but do you have any recommendations for a USBC Monitor for my MacBook?

    Posted: 27 Aug 2021 01:34 PM PDT

    Hello there, as stated in the title I am currently looking for a USBC Monitor and im not sure what I should get. I do mostly use it for either coding or media design.

    I have been considering the following:

    - Dell U2720Q (most interested in but is it worth the 700€ it costs?)

    - Lenovo Q24h-10 (I didn't find anything against this one yet, might consider the 27" version)

    - LG 27UL850-W (I kept reading that the USBC connection has some problems?)

    It would be nice if the monitor had at least 2 USB ports that I could connect my dongles to, and also a resolution of QHD or 4K.

    Do you have any recommendations for a monitor? Or should I get some dock and buy a Non-USBC monitor instead?

    submitted by /u/Striker1106
    [link] [comments]

    Got a MBA m1 from work need help

    Posted: 27 Aug 2021 10:40 AM PDT

    So it's my first time managing Mac os, I got a dock aswell with the Mac (wavlink UMD05) but I still can't get 2 external monitors, the dock doesn't support display link, is there any other choice?

    submitted by /u/Mike551144
    [link] [comments]

    random cracked screen

    Posted: 27 Aug 2021 10:35 AM PDT

    I left my macbook air m1 on my desk last night rendering some images, and when I woke it from sleep this morning, the screen was going completely crazy- horizontal lines across, ghosting, and a blacked out/multicolour area with spider web lines from where it's cracked. I'm truly baffled and frustrated, and this is a laptop that has a protective plastic case! Is it possible I dinged it earlier in the week and it just took multiple days for the problem to surface?

    submitted by /u/patiohotsauce
    [link] [comments]

    What are the different types of USB-C and how do they differ?

    Posted: 27 Aug 2021 09:22 AM PDT

    I'm looking for a new USB-C dock and am bit confused. What are the different versions of USB-C and how do they differ? 2.0, 3.1, 3.2, lightning, etc.

    Also will all USB-C types power my 2.5inch WD MyPassport drive that currently can't be powered using my USB 2.0 type A dock?

    submitted by /u/DelPrive235
    [link] [comments]

    Can't add attachments after computers been running for awhile..

    Posted: 27 Aug 2021 08:32 AM PDT

    So after my computer has been running for a while I can no longer add attachments on any site. Photos, documents, etc. Nothing. This happens with Chrome and on Safari. When I restart the computer it solves the issue. It's been going on for weeks.

    I can't remember if this happened on Big Sur because I only used this Mac M1 for like a week before installing Monterey beta.

    Any help would be appreciated.

    submitted by /u/f-as-in-frank
    [link] [comments]

    information left on old MacBook without hd?

    Posted: 27 Aug 2021 07:44 AM PDT

    Hi,

    long story, i have an old mac that i no longer use, its a mid 2008 model i think, a black macbook, but it has stopped working over the years, first i let the battery died and now it doesn't charge, then the trackpad died and finally the hd is somewhat dead (sometimes it works for a bit enough to boot the mac but then it dies).

    i thought i could sell the mac without hd for repair parts and get a few bucks, but as far as i know the macs stores sign in information on apple, icloud and imessages, but cant really sing out of those services anymore since the hd doesn't work anymore beyond starting up, any advice on erasing that information??

    also is that all the information macbooks stores? or is there any other thing i should be considering?

    submitted by /u/Jaguiers
    [link] [comments]

    How to get M1 Macbook Air to support 4k @ 60Hz

    Posted: 27 Aug 2021 03:58 AM PDT

    How to get M1 Macbook Air to support 4k @ 60Hz

    Hi everyone I currently have an M1 Macbook Air and a 4k monitor that supports 4k @ 60 Hz. I am currently using a dock (Dell WD15) and I have a DP to mini DP connected to the dock. I am able to get 4k @ 30 Hz but I can't change it to 60Hz (image attatched), will connecting a DP to USB-c directly into my mac solve this issue?

    https://preview.redd.it/5yo6ztintvj71.png?width=665&format=png&auto=webp&s=2b9e90eed1d62ffde19dfd2d609389ba998c7daa

    submitted by /u/JKYJ12
    [link] [comments]

    Standard dimensions or equivalent for screws used in the trackpad?

    Posted: 27 Aug 2021 06:14 AM PDT

    Standard dimensions or equivalent for screws used in the trackpad?

    The model I'm interested in is the MacBook Air Mid-2012, but ordering screws specifically designed for that model would be costly and will take a lot of time for the delivery. Is there a standard size or equivalent screw that can be used instead? Perhaps searching for those I can get them cheap and quicker locally.

    https://preview.redd.it/bju7r7rehwj71.jpg?width=4352&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=04b3418fac74a5cc57f951b687d730da7595513c

    submitted by /u/rraallvv
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel