• Breaking News

    Saturday, August 28, 2021

    iPhone I just found an old iPhone 5s, does anyone know why the screen is being pushed up like that?

    iPhone I just found an old iPhone 5s, does anyone know why the screen is being pushed up like that?


    I just found an old iPhone 5s, does anyone know why the screen is being pushed up like that?

    Posted: 27 Aug 2021 10:41 AM PDT

    Unable to restore backup from PC to iPhone

    Posted: 27 Aug 2021 11:45 PM PDT

    Device: iPhone 7 Plus

    iOS version: 14.6

    Hello all,

    So my friend is facing this issue for a while, this happened due to her phone storage being full. She took a backup of her phone in her PC (Win 10), and attempted to format the phone of any unwanted applications and other data.

    Now that we tried to restore the backup with iTunes, it shows that "this iPhone has never been backed up on this computer", and doesn't show any way to restore the backup folder, which is already there in the computer.

    Every time the device is connected to the PC, it attempts to back up and sync, but does not give any option to restore the previous version of backup to the phone.

    We also tried using third party extractor software but they are all paid.

    Any solutions that can help us will be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot.

    submitted by /u/TheLoneWolf_07
    [link] [comments]

    Can leaving tabs open in browser be harmful to an iphone?

    Posted: 27 Aug 2021 11:03 PM PDT

    • Iphone SE (2nd gen)
    • Software version 14.7.1

    Could this be a reason why my phone gets hot?

    submitted by /u/_IAAI_
    [link] [comments]

    instagram data use

    Posted: 27 Aug 2021 09:39 PM PDT

    Can somebody help me? I have cellular data turned off for instagram in my settings, and I've looked through every setting on instagram for something, but instagram still loads and uses data when I open it and am not on wifi. It actually uses my data even thought I have the toggle turned off. How do I stop this?

    submitted by /u/SnooTigers8693
    [link] [comments]

    Mic doesn’t work

    Posted: 27 Aug 2021 05:36 PM PDT

    My microphone is disabled on my iPhone. Siri doesn't work, the mic on the keyboard doesn't work, and when use discord for example I can't speak or hear others. I tried everything. Btw I'm on iOS 15.6 public beta. Pls help thx

    submitted by /u/Yurkine
    [link] [comments]

    Question about audio output compatibility between iPhone5 and later models...

    Posted: 27 Aug 2021 09:05 PM PDT

    I bought a SONY speaker dock (model rdp-t50ipn) for < iPhone, iPad, iPod > at a small hardware store. I didn't notice till I got home that it said "for iPhone5", so it's probably an ancient thing that's been gathering dust on the shelf since before 2014. When I tried to use it with my iPhone6, I can't get any sound from it while playing a YouTube video. Obviously the compatibility information that came with the unit doesn't mention any iPhones newer than iPhone5, because they didn't exist yet. I checked the Sony support site (https://www.sony.ca/en/electronics/support/speakers-wireless-speakers/rdp-t50ipn/articles/00045918) but it only shows backward compatibility as well.

    I don't know much about this sort of thing...is this speaker dock simply not compatible with post-iPhone5 models or am I doing something else wrong?

    submitted by /u/ibeenmoved
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone suck on call. iPhone 11 iOS 14.7.1 I hung up with this person but it won’t go away. Every time I lock my phone this shows up. If someone calls me it just changes to that person after calling same but won’t go away. Can’t completely shut down my iPhone because of this. Just happened yesterday

    Posted: 27 Aug 2021 09:01 PM PDT

    Anyone know what’s going on with my camera? Only does this on the camera app (Facebook, WhatsApp, SnapChat all work okay). Does this on all modes. On latest iOS 14.7.1, 8+. Tried resetting, changing settings and nothing helps. Only just started doing it a couple week ago.

    Posted: 27 Aug 2021 07:32 PM PDT

    Iphone not connecting to internet - but other devices using the hotspot work perfectly?

    Posted: 27 Aug 2021 07:22 PM PDT

    Guys/gals, I've never encountered this before... it's truly bizarre.

    Yesterday, my iPhone 11 (14.4.2) just stopped connecting to the internet. I can call and message people using the cellular network, but when it comes to using the internet, nothing is loading - yet I can still hot spot my other devices to my iPhone (while on cellular) and use the internet perfectly on them. I'm also still getting push notifications!

    I've followed every piece of advice I can find incl. resetting the network settings, turned phone off/on multiple times. It is not on auto update, and I haven't downloaded/installed anything on it, no triggers from my end.

    I cannot connect to the internet in any other way on that iPhone, either by connecting to the home wifi network, or trying to connect through my computer via bluetooth.

    I've also plugged my phone into my Mac Pro (2013 Mojave 10.14.6), but the device won't show up. I managed to pair it at one point and it said it was downloading an update, but nothing came of it. iTunes is refusing to recognise the device too, and says it cannot connect without updating. I'm about to update my Mac to Big Sur and hope that helps, am nervous to do so, as Apple updates always seem to come with a surge of bugs that crash my Adobe software and prevent me from working.

    I've exhausted everything I can find/think of, short of a factory reset - which I really want to leave until there's absolutely no options left...

    Anyone had this happen before?

    submitted by /u/thebekoning
    [link] [comments]

    Turn off screen while on call without ending call.

    Posted: 27 Aug 2021 01:19 PM PDT

    When I'm on a call, not using speakerphone or headset etc just phone to ear, the screen stays on. My face often hits the mute button. If I hit the lock button to turn off the screen it ends the call. Any way around this ? My other phones don't do this.

    Also when on speaker I can turn off the screen with the power button and it will turn itself back on I guess with face detection (which is required by my organization).

    Thanks.

    Iphone 11 on ios 14.7.1

    submitted by /u/calisonic
    [link] [comments]

    my card is not out of date and im getting this msg??

    Posted: 27 Aug 2021 06:38 PM PDT

    iPhone 12 Mini speakerphone working intermittently This is the second iPhone 12 Mini that T-Mobile sent me since the first one was having the same issues. I tried restarting the phone and turning off noise cancellation, and I’m still having issues. Anyone know how to fix this?

    Posted: 27 Aug 2021 06:18 PM PDT

    Disabled iPhone but I know the password photos recovery

    Posted: 27 Aug 2021 05:57 PM PDT

    Hi everyone! I broke my phone and got "ghost touch" that would basically not make it possible for me to use the phone. I left my phone at home but was stupid enough to not turn it off and it entered my passcode too many times and the phone got disabled. I know what the passcode is, I know the AppleID/iCloud password (I'm not looking for a hack or anything) but I didn't make a backup copy, so the photos are only on the phone. Since then, I updated my cloud storage and I remember iCloud photos being turned on on the phone but I think I would need to log into it in order for it to sync, and I can't do that. Is there any way to get my photos back?

    submitted by /u/Small-Moose1
    [link] [comments]

    My entire phone is sped up

    Posted: 27 Aug 2021 04:50 PM PDT

    Everything in my phone is sped up - when I go to different video watching sites (YouTube, tiktok) everything is slightly sped up. Then I realised, it was my phone in general. What I mean is that the things like scrolling and animations(?) are going faster.

    I know you may be thinking "my phone is laggy, a speedy phone sounds awesome" but it's annoying and confusing. I know next to nothing about mechanics or tech in general so I am struggling.

    submitted by /u/ShareMinimum1482
    [link] [comments]

    Can I Speed Up Restore Of iCloud Back Up On New[refurbished] 6s?

    Posted: 27 Aug 2021 04:24 PM PDT

    It's been almost 8hrs since I set up a new iPhone 6s[refurbished] to restore from an iCloud backup of an iPhone 6 and I'm flabbergasted by how long it's taking...roughly downloading 1GB every two hours :0

    The phone's guaranteed so I can return it but I'm hoping there's a fix...or maybe overnight problems downloading new apps. Phone calls and messaging works.

    I've seen suggestions to pack the 6 between two ice packs, and tbf the phone is somewhat warm but I don't have any ice packs and I'm a bit worried about water damage.

    Also my internet isn't great, download speeds are 33.1 mbps but I don't usually have problems downloading new apps.

    The phone's guaranteed so I can return it but I'm hoping there's a fix...or maybe overnight problems downloading new apps properly.

    submitted by /u/Emmessenn
    [link] [comments]

    can someone pls help? it doesn’t let me use volume - when i try and turn it up it automatically turns it back to mute idk why

    Posted: 27 Aug 2021 11:44 AM PDT

    How Do I Modify The Second iCloud Account On My Phone?!

    Posted: 27 Aug 2021 03:29 PM PDT

    I set up an additional iCloud account on my iPhone, just so I could use iMessage with it.

    I can still access everything, both my main iCloud account on the phone and this second account which I just use for iMessage.

    But I have no idea what the password is for this second account and I also don't understand how it works. I realize that it's not a main iCloud account and doesn't have all the usual features, but when I go to reset password on Apple's site and pass the verification, I get a notification on my iPhone saying "Allow / Don't Allow". I click "Allow" to reset my password and then I end up somewhere on my phone which doesn't help.

    How do I change the password to this account? How do I delete it?

    Update: When I enter my details at Forgot Password on the Apple website I get this message:

    "A message with instructions has been sent to your iPhone. You can use it to reset your password."

    When I look at my iPhone there is a message same as above about allowing, but when I do, it doesn't help! It just says "error connecting to server" or something like that.

    submitted by /u/stupidwhthh
    [link] [comments]

    I have a problem in app store. I used a gift card on another countrys store and i cannot spend it nor can I change the store before I spent the money, I tried to contact support but no one is helping or even answering. Please help

    Posted: 27 Aug 2021 12:34 PM PDT

    Auto Lock while in app?

    Posted: 27 Aug 2021 11:51 AM PDT

    Hi everyone. My girlfriend has a problem with auto lock features. She sometimes has troubles sleeping and needs to watch something to distract her. Last night she watched TikTok, but the phone stayed on with TikTok opened until morning. Can you suggest me a way to fix this? She needs a way for her phone to be locked automatically at some point in the night while she watches TikTok. Thank you in advance :)

    submitted by /u/lukafilipovic
    [link] [comments]

    Found a foreign app that was randomly downloaded to my iPhone a couple weeks ago. Deleted it and didn’t think too much about it. Now my phone is acting up, and I’m pretty damn sure it is infected. What the hell was this app? Is it related to my current iPhone issues? How do I fix this???

    Posted: 27 Aug 2021 12:37 AM PDT

    Stuck on Apple logo and wont restore

    Posted: 27 Aug 2021 09:06 AM PDT

    My iPhone X is stuck on the apple logo I believe due to full storage. I contacted apple and they told me to plug it into iTunes on a laptop and update so I did but that did not work so I tried restore but it is stuck on "Preparing device for recovery" on the laptop and the progress bar is not moving and after 15 minutes it left recovery mode and went back to the logo. I called Apple again and they told me to book an appointment for recovery at the apple store but I don't trust Apple and think they are going to try to convince me to buy a new phone. Is there anything else I can do and does anyone know why I'm not able to restore the iPhone on my laptop?

    submitted by /u/Top_Blueberry_6665
    [link] [comments]

    Is it possible to save phone settings and password on iCloud without having to backup the entire phone?

    Posted: 27 Aug 2021 09:04 AM PDT

    I want to do a fresh install. I have copied all files from the DCIM folder to manually backup all photos. Now I want to do a hard reset.

    Before I do it, is it possible to backup settings and passwords on my iCloud Drive such that the new install will be able to configure itself just like the previous install? Can I make it remember my apps without storing the app data?

    submitted by /u/E4Engineer
    [link] [comments]

    Can’t hear or listen during calls

    Posted: 27 Aug 2021 08:40 AM PDT

    I recently switched to iPhone first time. I got an iPhone 12pro max. My issue is whenever I receive or call someone I can't hear them or they can't hear me especially when the Bluetooth is on. I have to end my call and call again and then I can hear them. Anyone know why this is happening? Is it due to some settings or my phone is faulty? I've pissed off so many people due to this issue. Someone please help me resolve this issue. Thanks

    submitted by /u/pottttatttto
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone SE (2020) battery draining and charging really fast

    Posted: 27 Aug 2021 07:55 AM PDT

    I've noticed over the past week that my iPhone's battery has been draining especially fast (I'm talking going from 100% to 50% 6 hours with only 40 minutes of screen time) my battery health is 85% and has been 85% for quite a while but I've only noticed this happening this week. Additionally I feel like my phone has been charging faster than usual. Anyone else been experiencing this? or does anyone know what to do? or is this completely normal for 85% battery health and I've just been paying extra attention to it recently making it seem like its draining fast?

    Edit: I went from 75% charge at 10am to 25% charge at 4pm with only 25 minutes of screen time I definitely don't think this is normal

    submitted by /u/_Rosie_Rose_
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone have an idea why my phones brightness keeps going to exactly 50%?

    Posted: 27 Aug 2021 07:41 AM PDT

    I'm outside a lot so I keep my brightness at 100% except when at night. Ever sense I got a new phone a couple months back ( 12 pro max) my brightness goes to 50% every time I turn my phone on. I have auto brightness, True Tone, night shift all turned off.

    submitted by /u/depressedassshit
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel