• Breaking News

    Friday, August 27, 2021

    Apple Macbook Here's to the next 10 years! 2010 to 2020. Look at all those ports! Really wish the new M1s had a battery indicator on the outside like the ancient one

    Apple Macbook Here's to the next 10 years! 2010 to 2020. Look at all those ports! Really wish the new M1s had a battery indicator on the outside like the ancient one


    Here's to the next 10 years! 2010 to 2020. Look at all those ports! Really wish the new M1s had a battery indicator on the outside like the ancient one

    Posted: 26 Aug 2021 09:10 PM PDT

    I used to think Apple was overrated. Now that I've joined the bandwagon, I finally see the light! 2020 MacBook Air and 8th Gen iPad with a flower garden view.

    Posted: 26 Aug 2021 07:07 AM PDT

    Matlab on M1

    Posted: 26 Aug 2021 10:57 PM PDT

    Anyone have experience running Matlab on an M1 MacBook Air? How's the experience been?

    submitted by /u/Astro_Hoss
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook for Computing Student

    Posted: 26 Aug 2021 06:08 PM PDT

    Hey guys I'm a computing student about to start University and was wondering which MacBook would be the best choice. I'd mainly use it for typing up assignments and programming.

    Any help would be appreciated

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/Few-Attention1703
    [link] [comments]

    Any updates regarding the excessive SSD wear that was noticed in M1 Macbooks around April ?

    Posted: 26 Aug 2021 11:36 PM PDT

    In March-April 2021 several users posted proofs of excessive SSD write which dramatically reduced the life of the M1 SSDs. This is was especially worrying for people using the 8GB/256GB variant since it is expected to have an SSD with lesses Total Bytes Written capacity. Are there any updates regarding the same? Has the issue been fixed by later software updates or is it still a problem if a person wants to use the device for 7 years?

    submitted by /u/ps1262
    [link] [comments]

    So I tried to Frankenstein an Apple M.2 sata from a 2014 Mac that doesn’t work and read the files on an M1. Any thoughts or is this just stupid. The drive didn’t show up on disk utility

    Posted: 26 Aug 2021 03:39 PM PDT

    Where does macbook air spend energy on?

    Posted: 26 Aug 2021 04:01 AM PDT

    Anyone use this stand? I'm worried about it causing heating/cooling issues when it's totally collapsed & flat.

    Posted: 26 Aug 2021 05:25 PM PDT

    That Neural Engine is no joke. My M1 outpaces my (admittedly years-old) desktop in AI upscale while sipping power.

    Posted: 26 Aug 2021 11:18 AM PDT

    Unusual coconut battery stats (M1 MacBook Air)

    Posted: 26 Aug 2021 07:45 PM PDT

    Hey everyone, hoping I could get some insight into my coconut battery stats. I've heard that Coconut Battery isn't the most reliable, so I don't want to get too worried - but I'm not sure!

    I bought my MacBook Air earlier this year (February or March) and I didn't think I was using it very heavily, although I do use firefox rather than safari. I've noticed some audio glitches recently when watching youtube, and sometimes the keyboard lags a bit when I'm typing.

    I checked Coconut Battery today and saw that, in addition to 2 obviously-incorrect manufacture dates, it also is telling me that the design capacity has dropped all the way to 2.3%. It says to check the battery, but the battery menu on my Mac doesn't say anything about that.

    Is it probably okay or should I take it in?

    Coconut Battery stats

    submitted by /u/shoshiyoshi
    [link] [comments]

    Which MacBook should I get

    Posted: 26 Aug 2021 01:09 PM PDT

    Hi guys I'm looking at getting a macbook for studying. I have a budget of about £750 And I am wondering wether I should get a macbook Pro 2017 - no TB 128GB Or 2018 MacBook air - no TB 128GB

    any help would be appreciated Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Vooghtie_
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook m1 air becomes really warm

    Posted: 26 Aug 2021 03:17 PM PDT

    Hi guys,

    I have been using MacBook for 8 months with some temperature spikes, usually restart helped but now even after restart temperature is high.

    Lately, (now every day) temperature is over 90C, usually restart helps to stabilize the temperature up to 50C for a few minutes, after that it goes back to 90C and more.

    I don't have many apps installed, the only thing that is open is google chrome with a few tabs and Spotify.

    Is there a way to find out what exactly, software or something else is causing the temperature to go up?

    submitted by /u/jamesftf
    [link] [comments]

    Not sure if anyone here can help?

    Posted: 26 Aug 2021 05:12 PM PDT

    Are there any video controller extensions for Safari? Something to alter speed of youtube, facebook & other such videos?

    Posted: 26 Aug 2021 03:58 PM PDT

    Horizontal and vertical lines on my MacBook Pro screen - Help

    Posted: 26 Aug 2021 02:09 PM PDT

    No physical damage to the computer. On booting I get various colours of vertical and horizontal lines. Please advise

    here are two photos of the screen

    submitted by /u/reidconn
    [link] [comments]

    Not sure if MagSafe 1 Charger has a fault

    Posted: 26 Aug 2021 01:57 PM PDT

    Hey everyone. I have an A1181 MacBook that uses the MagSafe 1 charger. I had to fix the cable itself a few times because the rubber that Apple uses sucks ass when it deteriorates. Anyways, its been a long time since I've used the MacBook because it had a few faults I have fixed but haven't tested, like the keyboard cable breaking, but also the SMC Chip failing so I always have to do an SMC reset boot up (hold power button while plugging in for 10s, let go, then press it once). I'm not sure if its the MacBook that has a power issue, or the charger. The Green indicator is dim on the connector and I'm thinking its the charger/cable itself.

    But either way I'm going to get a new charger. Specifically I found a MagSafe 1 to USB C cable so that will be a better cable for me.

    I just want to know how to test out the MagSafe 1 charger to see if everything looks normal on it, or if the laptop has an issue on the power circuit. I have a multimeter to test so that'll help. I'm also willing to crack it open (I've done it already before safely) to get in there and diagnose any caps or anything.

    If of course I find the problem then I can spend time to fix, and then I can have a working official Apple Charger. Most likely I'll need a new one though :)

    Thanks, UltraBlue-FalconWing

    submitted by /u/UltraBlue-FalconWing
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook pro education pricing installments in Canada

    Posted: 26 Aug 2021 01:40 PM PDT

    Why i cannot finance macbook pro when i try to buy with education pricing? When i try to buy it regular it suggests paybright financing but when i use education pricing it doesn't. Why is that? I think students need financing more than non students.

    submitted by /u/soontobecp
    [link] [comments]

    Weird MacBook air m1 screen. But when I screenshot using the laptop command+shift4, nothing wrong with the screenshot. Any ideas?

    Posted: 26 Aug 2021 01:33 PM PDT

    Design batchelor using macbook air m1 after using windows all my life and through University. I rate it a 10/10. Lemme know if you wanna hear a designer's thoughts on this machine. (Ty dad)

    Posted: 26 Aug 2021 01:18 PM PDT

    Problems With External Monitor Flicker

    Posted: 26 Aug 2021 12:23 PM PDT

    Hey, mac people! I have an issue. I just purchased a 32" 4k LG monitor to use as the external display for my MBA M1. The monitor seems to be fine when the MBA is open and the screens are mirrored; however, when I put the MBA in clamshell mode, the monitor flickers nearly constantly and the picture is not great overall. I'm using HDMI to a small hub that plugs into USB-C. I've ordered an adapter to try this out if going straight from HDMI to USB-C, so I don't know if that will help. Any suggestions, other than to just leave the MBA open all the time or return the monitor?

    submitted by /u/Angus_McNode
    [link] [comments]

    Deleted 80GB of photos and only got 15GB of space back??

    Posted: 26 Aug 2021 11:49 AM PDT

    Please, someone smarter than me help me figure this out. I'm about to chuck my laptop across the room. I got a mac about six months, and I love it for the most part. The thing that's driving me insane right now is the photos app. I connected iCloud to the mac when I first got it because I like having my texts/notes synced to both. However, there is no reason I need 128gb of phone photos taking up space on here. Yes, I turned on "optimize storage" but it did absolutely nothing because I wasn't THAT out of space yet. I turned off iCloud sync for photos but still have the problem of the existing photos.

    Now I'm in the process of transferring photos off onto a hard drive (in case they're deleted from iCloud accidentally when I delete them on the mac). I deleted 80gb of photos from the mac, and made sure to empty trash completely and hit "permanently delete" in the photos app. Yet somehow, when I look at my mac storage, I only gained back 15gb of space.

    What am I doing wrong here?

    submitted by /u/FickleFern
    [link] [comments]

    M1 Macbook Air battery draining so fast

    Posted: 26 Aug 2021 02:00 AM PDT

    Hi, i've been using my new macbook for 3-4 weeks now and i have weird things happening.

    1. Second day of my new laptop: I installed Visual Studio Code to my laptop, changed some settings and i quitted the app. (I fully quitted it by right clicking on the icon and clicked on quit) I used the app for 20 mins maximum. Then later that day i noticed that my battery is draining really fast. Like -50% in 1-2 hours. I opened activity monitor to see which apps were draining the battery and Visual Studio had used 40% battery in the last 12 hours. And also when i clicked on the battery icon, it said Visual Studio was using significant energy even though it was closed for hours. I restarted the laptop and it was gone. The battery draining speed was back to normal.

    2) 2-3 weeks later, same thing happened. But with Spotlight search! It's just a simple search tool but when i saw my battery draining so fast i checked it and it was using %98 CPU. I tried everything but couldn't find a way to end the process so i restarted the PC again and it was back to normal again. (Spotlight was also shown in the "Using Significant Energy" list)

    These problems are frustrating but at least i can do a quick restart to solve them. Third problem is even worse.

    3) I started using my macbook with an external monitor few days ago. I'm not using it in plugged in all the time for battery life purposes. And I've noticed that when I use it with the external monitor the battery drains so much faster than normal. This morning I started using it at 9 am and it is 12 pm now. I've only been using chrome to watch youtube videos. My battery went down from 100% to 50%. Is this normal? Should 3 hours of chrome use drain 50% of the battery? I can't see why it would only happen when using with another monitor. The monitor has a seperate power source. Macbook does nothing extra. I even make macbooks brightness to minimum as I dont use the laptop screen.

    Plz help :(

    Edit: The first 2 problems are also very important as it leaves me with a dead battery in the middle of a day. It is so dissapointing.

    submitted by /u/mountainypenis
    [link] [comments]

    Should I wait for the next MacBook Air?

    Posted: 26 Aug 2021 11:22 AM PDT

    Hello!

    I've been using an iPad Pro as my main and only computer for three years now, as a student.

    Now I'm done with university and my needs will be a bit more specific (I'm a screenwriter, so not only I'll need stuff like the full Final Draft, but also the whole Adobe suite etc.. creative stuff I've been replacing with iPad alternatives as a student but having to work at a professional level that won't be an option anymore).

    A local store currently has a good discount on the M1 Air (1199€ instead of 1429€ for the 8 core 8gb 512gb model).

    I'm trying to understand how the performance-prince ratio would compare to the rumored M2 Air, and also trying to piece together a bazillion random blog articles to see if it's coming soon or not.

    Any advice?

    submitted by /u/giamb_o
    [link] [comments]

    Connecting 2020 MacBook Pro to Bose QC35 II headphones via Bluetooth?

    Posted: 26 Aug 2021 10:22 AM PDT

    Wondering if anyone on here uses this combination also. When I first got the headphones, it was no issue, no discrepancies with names or connections. About a month or so ago my headphones started calling my MacBook "BCM4377B3" instead of the usual "Anon's MacBook Pro." I know this isn't a huge deal I was just wondering if anyone had the same problem and found a fix. Thanks.

    submitted by /u/SonOfWill88
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel