• Breaking News

    Friday, August 27, 2021

    macOS MacOS X Leopard in 2021

    macOS MacOS X Leopard in 2021


    MacOS X Leopard in 2021

    Posted: 26 Aug 2021 08:01 PM PDT

    Hard drive is locked when I try to download macOS to it

    Posted: 26 Aug 2021 09:55 AM PDT

    What do you use Siri for on MacOS?

    Posted: 26 Aug 2021 12:19 PM PDT

    To all of those who have worked Siri into their workflow on their Mac, what commands do you find yourself using a lot?

    submitted by /u/chrisappear
    [link] [comments]

    Louis Coyle and Firewatch style inspired dynamic theme

    Posted: 26 Aug 2021 01:57 PM PDT

    Louis Coyle and Firewatch style inspired dynamic theme submitted by /u/kak8gm
    [link] [comments]

    IINA Video Player - How to export subtitles downloaded via the player?

    Posted: 27 Aug 2021 02:19 AM PDT

    Is it possible? Im not able to see any files on my drive when downloading subtitles from the IINA player. Are the subtitles stored anywhere locally?

    submitted by /u/GIFSec
    [link] [comments]

    Old macbook screen not working

    Posted: 27 Aug 2021 02:09 AM PDT

    Hello,

    I have an old 2010 macbook which runs fine except the monitor connection is broken. Is there any way to connect this to either another macbook or iMac or even a windows laptop so I can get some files?

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/RRNN92
    [link] [comments]

    Windows 10 - Color marks (alternative in macOS)

    Posted: 27 Aug 2021 12:10 AM PDT

    Hi,

    please i have a question about organizing folders and files using color markers (tags) in mac os.

    [IMG] organizing folders and files using color markers (tags) in mac os

    I'm looking for some alternative to this feature under Windows 10, but I can't find anything...

    main requirements:

    network sync ( one user marks and the other with another pc sees the change ..)

    integrated into the Windows explorer

    thank you so much for your ideas !

    submitted by /u/Ralis006
    [link] [comments]

    Why Big Sur is so "laggy"?

    Posted: 26 Aug 2021 12:57 PM PDT

    Hi everyone, i'm using MBP Early 2015 with i5,8 gigs of ram, SSD and Intel Iris 6100

    by the time I was sitting on Catalina it was fine, after update to Big Sur my mac is so "laggy"

    What should I do to make my Mac fast like on Catalina? Also i tried clean install but no result

    (sorry for language but im using translator, thank u for your understanding)

    submitted by /u/Acceptable_Sand871
    [link] [comments]

    Trying to run windows on Virtualbox and when I download the ISO It comes up with this and I can’t use it. I have looked around online and haven’t been able to much on it. Does anyone know what to do? Thanks.

    Posted: 26 Aug 2021 10:55 PM PDT

    How to recover deleted files

    Posted: 26 Aug 2021 06:14 PM PDT

    hi!

    I renamed a folder on my desktop and added a .tmp extension because I read somewhere that it wouldn't sync with iCloud that way.

    Thing is I deleted the .tmp extension and I've realized it deleted some files that were in it. I don't even know which ones but I've noted that some are missing.

    Any idea if I can get those back and how? They are not in my iCloud folder or the recycle bin :(.

    submitted by /u/Accurate-System-6620
    [link] [comments]

    does Parallels have anything similar to Virtualbox VRDP?`

    Posted: 26 Aug 2021 09:29 PM PDT

    I'm looking for a way to access parallels guests from another machine.

    The built-in RDP server in Virtualbox (VRDP) is efficient as it doesn't require installing a separate RDP host on the guest.

    I looked at Parallels Access but it's kind of a joke, I couldn't find a way to establish a simple connection based on ip address, etc.

    submitted by /u/mkarikom
    [link] [comments]

    Spotify specific touchbar controls in mac

    Posted: 26 Aug 2021 05:03 AM PDT

    I was wondering if there was a play/pause ff/rw button on mac that is for spotify only. I know there is the prebuilt one in mac, but that is multiple purpose. If I have multiple media playing, it will control the most recent one, not necessarily spotify.

    So, is there a way to make the play/pause spotify only? or add a button on the touch bar that is only for spotify?

    submitted by /u/lucinachu
    [link] [comments]

    Need some help!

    Posted: 26 Aug 2021 05:09 PM PDT

    I'm a windows user so let me start off by saying that. My little brother is getting ready for school and his MacBook Pro was running like shit. He never wiped it so he was he checked on YouTube how to format it. Hes not a computer savvy type of guy so here we are. I'm getting the message that Mac OS X could not be installed and to contact the software provider. I looked on YouTube and i see a lot of people pulling up a Prompt and typing in this date code or some stuff but theres no recent videos of how to fix this. Apparently this is common. Any help would be extremely appreciated. I could call apple but I'm trying to avoid sitting on the phone. Again, Any help would really be appreciated.

    submitted by /u/FidellCastro84
    [link] [comments]

    Why can’t I go from full screen window to minimized in a single click? I’m forced to reduce window and then minimize. As far as I can tell this is just a Mac standard.

    Posted: 26 Aug 2021 07:19 AM PDT

    MBA early 2015, Catalina or Big Sur?

    Posted: 26 Aug 2021 06:09 AM PDT

    I am wondering which OS would be better for an intel early 2015 MacBook Air…

    My battery life is fairly bad now and needs replacing but for the mean time, which OS would suit this model?

    Edit: thank you everyone for your responses!

    submitted by /u/ParticularAnybody850
    [link] [comments]

    Correct me: the image should not suppose to be pasted when I drag and drop it or am I wrong

    Posted: 26 Aug 2021 10:20 AM PDT

    Ctrl+V to paste not working in Chrome

    Posted: 26 Aug 2021 08:52 AM PDT

    Anyone else having the same issue? It's frustrating and Google isn't much help, which is surprising.

    I'm pretty sure it's a Chrome-specific issue as Ctrl+V works everywhere else.

    specs: M1 Macbook Air Big Sur

    Edit: sorry I mean Command+V. Maybe relevant, I've remapped Command and Control keys for better muscle memory with my external keyboard. But it still only affects Chrome.

    Edit 2: ok I just opened my Macbook and used the built-in keyboard, apparently Chrome uses Globe/Fn+V for Paste instead of Cmd+V like every other app... and my external keyboard has a Windows layout (i.e. no Globe/Fn key). The mystery thickens...

    submitted by /u/FunnyPhrases
    [link] [comments]

    Back to macOS catalina from big Sur now i saw 2 more drives how to delete/remove un used ? APFS ?

    Posted: 26 Aug 2021 08:47 AM PDT

    Programs run when you start the mac

    Posted: 26 Aug 2021 12:17 PM PDT

    Hello good!

    When I start my mac, there are certain folders that open by default and some programs.

    I have looked at three sites:

    -That when turning off the mac the tab "Reopen the windows" is unchecked.

    -From System Preferences / Users and Groups / Administrator (my user) / Startup Items. But the programs that reopen after reboot do not appear here.

    -In each program, right-clicking on the Options / Open icon when logging in.

    It doesn't work at all, certain applications continue to run.

    Does anyone know how I can stop the same windows and programs from opening after restarting my mac?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/spaniolo
    [link] [comments]

    Should I remove my HDD now? My Mac is still stuck in Windows logo. I'm worried that I might lose data.

    Posted: 26 Aug 2021 11:03 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel