• Breaking News

    Tuesday, August 24, 2021

    Apple iOS Does anyone else’s news widget always look like this? Any fixes?

    Apple iOS Does anyone else’s news widget always look like this? Any fixes?


    Does anyone else’s news widget always look like this? Any fixes?

    Posted: 24 Aug 2021 02:07 AM PDT

    Hard press highlight?

    Posted: 24 Aug 2021 07:40 AM PDT

    I'll spare the complaining about removing features being innovation.

    On iOS on iPhone you can soft press and hold "space" or below it to move your cursor around. While doing this soft press you used to be able to highlight by hard pressing and dragging the cursor over text.

    Is this actually just removed??

    submitted by /u/dak919
    [link] [comments]

    Bitwarden crashes

    Posted: 24 Aug 2021 08:20 AM PDT

    How is this issue still not fixed with new beta update?

    submitted by /u/RaZdoT
    [link] [comments]

    Anyine been getting this issue on amazon on Ios?

    Posted: 23 Aug 2021 06:44 PM PDT

    iPhones updated to iOS 14.7.1, network connection problems

    Posted: 24 Aug 2021 08:05 AM PDT

    Xiaomi Second Space equivalent in iOS?

    Posted: 24 Aug 2021 07:52 AM PDT

    So my father previously owned a Redmi Note 10 with a feature called Second Space which basically meant you have two different phones in one which can be unlocked by different passcode, or 2 phones profile that are independent of eachother. One of the useful examples of this is that he can take advantage of the dual sim-card and have a WhatsApp on his 'work' profile and another for his 'personal' profile with all this easily achieved by just inputting a different passcode from the lock screen. This is also useful if someone borrows your phone and so they can't snoop around in your photos or misuse it in anyway because they get access to a blank version of your phone basically if you don't utilize the Second Space as much.

    I was wondering if there is an equivalent to the iOS? I'm open to jailbreaking if it comes to it as I think this is such a handy feature to have!

    Or if such a thing isn't available, at the very least could it be possible for a single app to have two different profiles?

    submitted by /u/peterpandank
    [link] [comments]

    How would I know if my iPad has been jainbroken or not?

    Posted: 24 Aug 2021 07:50 AM PDT

    This was my mom's iPad before, so I don't know if it's jainbroken. Sorry if this question seems stupid I don't know much about Apple devices.

    I don't have much too add here.

    submitted by /u/NAYARDROX
    [link] [comments]

    Changing location of a photo/video in iOS15 only changes it in the Photos app and doesn't change the actual metadata. If you then airdrop the video even to your own mac, the location shows up as the original logged by the camera app

    Posted: 24 Aug 2021 06:45 AM PDT

    Can be quite frustrating when the camera logs completely incorrect GPS coordinates and there's no real way of changing that metadata in case you plan on sending the photo to someone

    submitted by /u/User1N23456
    [link] [comments]

    How to change swipe left in Mail from “Delete” to “Archive”?

    Posted: 24 Aug 2021 12:15 AM PDT

    How do I change swipe left in Mail from "Delete" to "Archive"?

    As in the title. Until recently, I used Gmail accounts (in Apple Mail) for everything, but recently I started using my iCloud account for work.

    Not realising that for SOME GODFORSAKEN REASON different rules apply to iCloud emails than other emails, I accidentally deleted a bunch of really important work mail.

    Browsing through settings, I see ways to change it for other accounts to be the other way around (where a swipe deletes the mail), but not for the iCloud account.

    This is frustrating as hell, not going to lie.

    submitted by /u/szymonhimself
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone Calendar app doesn't sync 'hourly' events, but syncs 'all day' events to Outlook

    Posted: 24 Aug 2021 06:08 AM PDT

    Whenever I put an hourly appointment (for example, 10-11am Dentist) into my calendar app on my phone, it does not sync to my outlook calendar. If I made the exact say appointment, but as an 'all day' it will sync to outlook.

    Any ideas?

    submitted by /u/Fjbuggy
    [link] [comments]

    Little icloud notes question

    Posted: 24 Aug 2021 05:48 AM PDT

    Hey I have an ipad and an iphone both synced to my one and only personal icloud. When I go in settings and turn off "icloud" for notes, it removes all my 1500 notes from the device in question to be replced by locally saved new notes.

    Now I wanna know: if I TURN OFF icloud on both my devices, and it removes all my icloud notes on BOTH devices, are my notes gone forever or if I turn icloud back on they will come back on the device because theyre still saved on icloud?

    If they are still saved on the icloud and I made new notes saved locally, what will happen? Will it fusion both my icloud notes and locally saved notes or just delete the locally saved ones?

    Same question/principle applies to contacts on icloud by the way

    submitted by /u/JohnnyBoiii47
    [link] [comments]

    Woolaroo: The App That Can Help Us To Save A Dying Language

    Posted: 24 Aug 2021 05:48 AM PDT

    My first iOS app

    Posted: 24 Aug 2021 07:09 AM PDT

    My first iOS app

    https://preview.redd.it/7469728ocbj71.png?width=1024&format=png&auto=webp&s=800f02b2d84e47a6487edb8e29e165b69d18b29c

    This is my first app , made in SwiftUI and i hope you like it. It is free and open source with no ads.

    This is my first time making iOS apps.

    Please check the code at my github (https://github.com/arorashivoy/CheckList). SUggestions are welcomed as this is the first project that i maintained in github and please can you tell me what to write in readme

    submitted by /u/ShivoyA
    [link] [comments]

    Alternative mail app?

    Posted: 24 Aug 2021 02:01 AM PDT

    I need an app that will allow me to add photos into a signature. Ideally support multiple mailboxes aswell but we use Office365/Exchange.

    Anybody have any suggestions? Or know how to implement photos into a signature on the native mail app?

    Many thanks

    submitted by /u/Bigtom1289
    [link] [comments]

    How can I block or silence unknown (spam) callers on iOS 12?

    Posted: 24 Aug 2021 01:32 AM PDT

    I honestly can't believe that I own a phone made after 2005 and can't even block spam callers. Or phone numbers in a range. Or phone numbers starting with a specific area code etc. Sure I can block individual numbers but what good would it do against spam callers with a thousand phone numbers?

    iOS 13 has a "Silence Unknown Callers" setting. Why can't iOS 12 have that? Is that so hard to implement on a phone made after 2005?

    If anyone can explain me how can I block/silence unknown numbers or spam calls on iOS 12, I would really appreciate it.

    submitted by /u/3nch
    [link] [comments]

    Calendar app alternatives

    Posted: 24 Aug 2021 01:10 AM PDT

    So at the moment I'm using a combination of 3 apps. Google calendar, calendar 5 and apple cal. Everything syncing with my Google calendars. I normally use day view so that being usable is a must. What I need is something that shows me event address without clicking on the event. Apple cal and Google calender do this but with Google calendar you can't long press on a contact number in a event and choose message, facetime etc. Call is the only option. Calendar 5 does this but doesn't show me the events address without viewing it...

    I work for myself so when viewing my events I like to see where they are quick rather than click on them and viewing them.

    I just need a app that

    1. Syncs with Google
    2. A good day view option
    3. Event address viewable without clicking on the event
    4. Full share options for info with the event, long press to call, message, facetime etc...
    5. Ideally ios widget aswell

    Hope that covers everything 😂

    Any surgestions?

    submitted by /u/f3rritt
    [link] [comments]

    my iphone 8 plus is being wonky lately, i’m assuming i have to update the ios, but i’ve ran out of storage and i’ve deleted over 2k photos

    Posted: 23 Aug 2021 11:49 PM PDT

    what can i do? i have the free 5 GB plan and have had this phone for 2ish years now. i've narrowed my photos and videos down to 397 photos and 96 videos yet it still shows photos take up 4.3 GBs. the remaining photos and videos are the ones that i want to keep. are there apps i can use to store photos or something? i don't want to bug my parents to pay for more storage

    submitted by /u/Dawn-Of-Dusk
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 4 stuck in various loops when connected to power source

    Posted: 23 Aug 2021 11:32 PM PDT

    I have an old iPhone 4 , iOS 7.1.2 that used to work fine, but now it won't switch on. However, when I plug it into a power source, one of the 3 things listed below happens:

    1. Displays Apple logo for a few seconds, screen goes black, repeat
    2. Displays red battery charging logo for a few seconds, screen goes black repeat
    3. Displays Apple logo, screen goes black, displays red battery charging log, screen goes black repeat

    I can't get the device into recovery mode, as the screen displays Connect to iTunes forbarely 1 second, then goes back to one of the loops listed above.

    I can get the device into DFU mode. But when i try to restore, the iPhone suddenly disconnects from the PC during the "Preparing iPhone for restore" stage (I can hear the disconnecting sound on my PC) and then goes back to one of the loops.

    submitted by /u/BamesJond07
    [link] [comments]

    Can't transfer data onto new Iphone?

    Posted: 23 Aug 2021 11:23 PM PDT

    I am attempting to transfer my data from my Iphone 12 Pro Max to my old Iphone X, so I can sell my 12 Pro and buy the 13 when it launches.

    Everything is fine, until it gets to a 'software update' point on the iphone X. I press download and install, and it downloads fine. But then when it is done, it just says "Install Now" with a spinning blue circle.

    Have tried several times, and nothing seems to get it to complete. Even after leaving it for hours.

    Any help appreciated, cheers.

    submitted by /u/dillcoq
    [link] [comments]

    Restored my phone and now I can't recover my Authenticator App

    Posted: 23 Aug 2021 02:35 PM PDT

    Anyone else had this recently?

    I restored my phone as I do every so often and this time my Authenticator app can't find a backup on iCloud.

    I made sure everything was checked for backup before I took a manual iCloud and iTunes backup.

    First I restored to my iCloud backup, then I got the error where it stated that no backup was available(when trying to restore my Authenticator App). I then restored to my iTunes backup and when I restore my Authenticator with my account(as I've done many times before) it just gives me my one account that I used to restore.

    I've never had this problem before, is this a bug? Is there a chance I can get these accounts back?

    Idk what to do, I've just lost 2FA access to over 30 accounts.

    Edit: Microsoft Authenticator is the one i'm using.

    submitted by /u/Sway_RL
    [link] [comments]

    Analytics report says I have iPhone 13?

    Posted: 23 Aug 2021 01:28 PM PDT

    I looked in an Analytics report on my iPhone 12 and saw "Hardware model: iPhone 13, 2"

    Can anyone explain?

    submitted by /u/TheJadedSF
    [link] [comments]

    Can't update iphone to 14.7.1

    Posted: 23 Aug 2021 10:34 PM PDT

    Hello all, ive been an android boy my whole life, recently i bought the iphone 11 pro max and i love it. So the problem is that i tried updating my phone and it just can't. I tried via itunes i tried via wifi overnight on auto. But in the end its still on version 14.6. I watched the process and its like this everytime it tries to update: downloads the update > restarts to install > shows the apple logo with the bar below > stays like this for 3-4 mins and boots again on version 14.6. Please help im new with iphones and can't find info on the internet.

    submitted by /u/Equivalent-Ad-3314
    [link] [comments]

    I found an app called WiFi Photo that comes close to Airdrop for wireless photo sharing between iOS/iPadOS devices and my PC. This screenshot is a record of possibly the second or third full photo backup I've ever done with my iPhone 11 since I got it.

    Posted: 23 Aug 2021 09:36 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel