• Breaking News

    Wednesday, August 25, 2021

    Apple Help Seemingly many IPhones connected to my phone. Is this something that I should be worried about?

    Apple Help Seemingly many IPhones connected to my phone. Is this something that I should be worried about?


    Seemingly many IPhones connected to my phone. Is this something that I should be worried about?

    Posted: 25 Aug 2021 10:01 AM PDT

    Why Can't This App Be Opened On Mac OS Sierra?

    Posted: 25 Aug 2021 09:21 PM PDT

    I wrote a console app on a Windows machine in .NET 3.1 and exported it for osx-x64. I downloaded the .app onto a Mac machine running Catalina and it works perfectly fine. However, a friend who's running on an older OS is having issues getting the .app to work. They're running Sierra 10.12.6. They allowed non appstore apps to run and gave permissions when they arose, but they only get this terminal error:

    Last login: Sun Aug 22 07:43:13 on ttys000 Studio2s-MBP:~ Studio2$ /Users/Studio2/Downloads/BeratementSimulator-osx-x64/BeratementSimulator ; exit; Unhandled exception. System.DllNotFoundException: Unable to load shared library 'System.Native' or one of its dependencies. In order to help diagnose loading problems, consider setting the DYLD_PRINT_LIBRARIES environment variable: dlopen(libSystem.Native, 1): image not found at Interop.Sys.Dup(SafeFileHandle oldfd) at System.ConsolePal.<>c.<OpenStandardOutput>b__9_0() at Microsoft.Win32.SafeHandles.SafeFileHandleHelper.Open(Func`1 fdFunc) at System.ConsolePal.OpenStandardOutput() at System.Console.OpenStandardOutput() at System.Console.<>c.<get_Out>b__26_0() at System.Threading.LazyInitializer.EnsureInitializedCore[T](T& target, Object& syncLock, Func`1 valueFactory) at System.Threading.LazyInitializer.EnsureInitialized[T](T& target, Object& syncLock, Func`1 valueFactory) at System.Console.EnsureInitialized[T](T& field, Func`1 initializer) at System.Console.get_Out() at System.Console.WriteLine(String value) at BeratementSimulator.Program.Title() at BeratementSimulator.Program.Main(String[] args) Abort trap: 6 logout Saving session... ...copying shared history... ...saving history...truncating history files... ...completed. [Process completed] 

    I'm new to publishing for osx and am curious to know if anyone can spot the issue here. My thought was that .apps in osx-x64 can't be run on an OS as old as Sierra, but I might be totally off base and am not knowledgeable enough to know where to begin. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/labmatelabmate
    [link] [comments]

    Lost all photos!

    Posted: 25 Aug 2021 08:55 PM PDT

    Wife had to reset phone and apple told her not to restore from backup. She lost all her photos and is pretty upset about it. Before the reset it showed her using almost 80gbs of iCloud storage. After it says she's using 12 and all the photos are gone. Is there anyway to get the photos back?

    submitted by /u/Henry3G
    [link] [comments]

    Suddenly not getting text notifications on iPhone

    Posted: 25 Aug 2021 08:51 PM PDT

    iPhone 12 Pro Max iOS 14.7.1

    Vibrate is on for ring, text, and in accessibility. I haven't changed any settings in ages. Things were working fine yesterday. I didn't notice earlier today, but tonight I'm not getting notifications for text.

    I tried restarting the phone, still doesn't work.

    submitted by /u/gonewildecat
    [link] [comments]

    Niece can't use giftcard balance to buy minecraft

    Posted: 25 Aug 2021 06:30 PM PDT

    My 7 year old niece is trying to use her gift card to buy Minecraft and it keeps asking for Credit Card info. She has an Apple ID set up and the gift card has already been redeemed into her account. Is there a workaround this?

    submitted by /u/GiantPokemonEater
    [link] [comments]

    Apple has been asking me to confirm my Apple ID's password for ages, and now it keeps forcing me to use 2FA!

    Posted: 25 Aug 2021 04:37 PM PDT

    Hello,

    It's been so long since I started struggling with the 1st issue & I couldn't find any fix for it anywhere yet. I've been using my Apple ID on 3 iPhones, 4 iPads, and an Apple TV 4K for a long time now.

    Apple has been asking me to verify my Apple ID with the password about once every week, and not only I need to enter the password on all my 8 devices, but also confirm my account by answering the 2 Security Questions on at least one device. The annoyance doesn't stop here as it's recently started to enable 2FA for me after I enabled it by mistake then disabled it back while having to change my password each time I disable it!

    Is there any chance to fix those 2 issues once & for all without having to use another Apple ID?

    Thanks so much for any tips!

    submitted by /u/salam2009
    [link] [comments]

    Calls and Messages Not Showing Up On Mac

    Posted: 25 Aug 2021 06:43 PM PDT

    I recently noticed that when I get a new text message or FaceTime call it goes straight to my iPhone. Normally, there would also be a real-time notification on my Mac as well, but now it shows up as either a missed call or a new message count on the message icon on my Mac. I talked to my roommate who also noticed this issue on her Mac as well (we think it might be due to an update). We both would like this feature back because of the convenience of answering phones and messages through the laptop. Any advice on how to get this feature back? We checked the settings on the Mac to allow for notifications to be received on our Mac devices, and they are all enabled. We even tried to keep our phone and Mac far apart, which didn't work (even so before we were able to receive calls on both the iPhone and our Mac at the same time even when they were relatively close).

    submitted by /u/NoPomegranate2211
    [link] [comments]

    Simplest, most Apple like replacement for time capsule/time machine combo.

    Posted: 25 Aug 2021 06:27 PM PDT

    I have an ancient time capsule/time machine combo setup. The time capsule keeps backups of a few computers on our home network, some over wi-if, others over Ethernet. Though it isn't dead yet, I can see the day arriving soon. If you were to mirror the functionality/ease of use today, what setup would you go with? I know it'll probably be a NAS of some sort, but the additional functionality in some models is bewildering. I just need this puppy to make backups over the air and wired and work with time machine, (or prove massively superior at a similar level of simplicity.)

    submitted by /u/ltethe
    [link] [comments]

    How to stop iMessages from going to other devices ?

    Posted: 25 Aug 2021 09:12 AM PDT

    So I am going through a divorce and my crazy ex keeps on tracking my location and stalking my messages. I am away on a work trip but she has my MacBook at home that is signed in with my Apple ID. Is there a way that I can stop messages from being sent to my Mac book? She can also see my location I'm also wondering if there was a way I can make my location show something else? Please and Thank you

    submitted by /u/Drufus726
    [link] [comments]

    iTunes/Apple Music on windows

    Posted: 25 Aug 2021 09:52 PM PDT

    Whenever I try using Apple Music, I'll click to play song in an album or shuffle the album, but it just skips through all songs in the album and won't play any songs. The only playlist that I've found to work is the one created for me ("your name's" playlist)

    submitted by /u/rju488
    [link] [comments]

    Touch Bar malfunctioning

    Posted: 25 Aug 2021 09:12 PM PDT

    A little bit of water spilt in my bag today and my laptop was in there. I had a feeling some went into the usb c ports on one side of my MacBook Pro. As I've been watching a YouTube video over the past hour, I first noticed that my Touch Bar wasn't working, so I restarted my computer and it came back on. But now, it seems to be clicking things on the Touch Bar on its own ? The volume and brightness randomly change, the video skips forward, etc. All things controllable from the Touch Bar. Is it the bit of water that might be causing the problem? Any solutions I can try out other than taking it to the store?

    submitted by /u/HabitLatter
    [link] [comments]

    .icloud extension when uploading files

    Posted: 25 Aug 2021 09:04 PM PDT

    I uploaded some code files to my iCloud Drive and when I opened them on my iMac in Visual Studio Code I was told that they have a .icloud extenstion, so I cannot edit them. I looked at the project directory and sure enough the file names look something like 'app.js.icloud' or 'server.js.icloud'. Does anyone know how to fix this?

    submitted by /u/bill-nye-the-spy
    [link] [comments]

    Ipod nano 7th gen

    Posted: 25 Aug 2021 04:42 PM PDT

    My ipod will connect to my new Bluetooth earbuds but no sounds comes out. First time I have had this problem

    submitted by /u/Due-Soft
    [link] [comments]

    Safari Questions and Password Retention

    Posted: 25 Aug 2021 08:28 PM PDT

    I am having an issue with WordPress that is only appearing in Safari in normal windows (does not replicate in private browsing), so I am considering resetting Safari (Manage Website Data--Remove All) and then clearing all caches.

    My question is if the stored passwords will also be deleted. I understand that I will need to re-log in, but I am unsure if the passwords are truly stored in Safari or if they are in Keychain Access and "handed off" to Safari when called.

    Safari 14.1.2. Mac OS Big Sur 11.5.2 (all current)

    Anyone?

    submitted by /u/jfrenaye
    [link] [comments]

    When recording my mic, it also records desktop audio. How can I make it so it doesn't?

    Posted: 25 Aug 2021 08:09 PM PDT

    Could any 3rd party app or something fix this issue?

    submitted by /u/TheTwelveYearOld
    [link] [comments]

    Tabs keep disappearing and reappearing on safari

    Posted: 25 Aug 2021 07:30 PM PDT

    Whenever I open safari the tabs that I had open previously will sometimes show. Can I get help fixing this?

    submitted by /u/PoplockAndDropThat
    [link] [comments]

    iMessage read receipts glitch...AAARGH

    Posted: 25 Aug 2021 07:29 PM PDT

    Hello. Hope someone can help.

    I discovered this when I sent myself an iMessage...it is happening if I message from iPhone or iPad Pro. I have yet to hear back from anyone as to whether they are seeing read receipts but if it's happening to me I should think others are seeing them as well.

    Or is this some weird feature that only happens when messaging oneself? In which case it's so helpful to be notified when I've read my own message lol, or...maybe it's a security thing...one of the risks I hadn't considered when I gave the cat opposable thumbs ;)

    I have read receipts toggled off on both devices. But shortly after I send myself a message, the status changes from delivered to read even if I don't have iMessage open.

    I turned iMessages off and back on, I did the same with read receipts, I restarted my phone and iPad Pro, nothing is working.

    Any ideas?

    Thank you kindly.

    submitted by /u/LeMinouDAbsinthe
    [link] [comments]

    external drive doesn't read dvd

    Posted: 25 Aug 2021 03:31 PM PDT

    Hi, I am trying to read a dvd using an external dvd reader on my Macbook Air, but when I insert the disk it does nothing, and it doesn't appear anywhere. No disk works on the macbook, but the dvd reader works well on any other PCs I own. It is a samsung dvd reader and it's said to support macos, from 10.4.6 to above. Thanks for the help. Btw, I am only able to eject the disk when connecting the reader to other PCs.

    submitted by /u/Elocres
    [link] [comments]

    Menu Bar Icon/Spaces Bug

    Posted: 25 Aug 2021 06:49 PM PDT

    Hi all,

    This is a crosspost from /r/macos. Didn't get any specific answers over there so I hope you all don't mind if I pose this to you.

    I'm experiencing a bug or two with Big Sur 11.5.2, as they seem to happen almost concurrently:

    • At least once a day, the menu bar icons disappear in 3 out of my 4 spaces/desktops screenshot linked here

    • When I click the top of a window (to drag it around the screen), it literally jumps/moves to another space/desktop.

    • My spaces/desktops don't start at "1," as if I have a second screen open/attached (which I don't) screenshot linked here

    Some details of my computer: 16" 2019 i9 MBP, using the Caldigit TS3+ (firmware up-to-date), and using an external monitor via the TS3+ with the laptop in clamshell mode. One thing that might be worthy of mentioning is that I have a TS3+ that I use at work as well as separate TS3+ that I use at home... Could that be causing confusion in my computer?

    A restart will fix these issues for a day. I have Hidden Bar and BetterSnapTool installed, but at one point I deleted those apps to see if they were causing these issues, and that did not help. I've also ran First Aid on my drive, reset NVRAM and SMC, and neither has helped. I've attempted to Google my specific bugs but I haven't had any luck finding anything (perhaps I'm not using the right terminology?).

    Thanks all!

    -J

    EDIT: Just found this response in another thread mentioning 3rd party apps messing with the "z-order," could BetterSnapTool or Hidden Bar be a possible culprit?

    submitted by /u/johnlikesaudio
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook Pro + 2 Monitors

    Posted: 25 Aug 2021 06:32 PM PDT

    I'm trying to add a second monitor (I guess third if you include the macbook pro) but my macbook pro isn't picking it up.

    I have 2 external monitors plugged into a hdmi -> usb c adapter and then into my computer.

    The 2 external monitors are just mirroring each other.

    How can I get this so to work properly?

    submitted by /u/mcl116
    [link] [comments]

    Can a case for iPad Pro 2020 12.9 inch fit the iPad pro 2nd Gen (2017) 12.9 inch?

    Posted: 25 Aug 2021 06:03 PM PDT

    I've been shopping online for cases, and couldn't find a one I liked for the model I have. I was wondering if as long as the dimensions fitted, the case would fit my iPad pro 2nd gen

    submitted by /u/IndividualStrain2
    [link] [comments]

    Whats the charger that comes with iphone 12 is rated for ?

    Posted: 25 Aug 2021 01:54 PM PDT

    Im talking about the actual lightning to usb c cable. I know there is no adapter. What is it rated for in terms of wattage ? Is it a 5 watts max or 20 ?

    submitted by /u/Only_Leather_3107
    [link] [comments]

    Do you lose anything for signing in an out of an Apple ID?

    Posted: 25 Aug 2021 05:32 PM PDT

    I want to create an Apple ID in another region to download an app, then sign back into the Apple ID I'm currently using. Would anything be lost upon signing back in and would I be able to access everything?

    submitted by /u/Chum724
    [link] [comments]

    I downloaded the Big Sur software update on my MacBook Pro. After finishing, all of my files are gone.

    Posted: 25 Aug 2021 11:22 AM PDT

    I tried downloading the Big Sur software update for my MacBook Pro (got it in 2016). In the middle of the update it froze. So I tried to restart the computer in Safe Mode. It updated, but I can't recover any of the files from before the update.

    When I go to Disk Utility, I can see the disk (Macintosh HD - Data) with all of the documents. But when I click on it, I'm not really able to do anything with it.

    I'm not very tech-savvy so I'm sure there's something I'm missing. If anyone is willing to help, I'd appreciate it.

    submitted by /u/I_am_TimsGood
    [link] [comments]

    YouTube app searches are endlessly spinning on iPad Air 4

    Posted: 25 Aug 2021 04:15 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel