• Breaking News

    Friday, August 27, 2021

    Apple Help My MacBook lid opens by itself when placed vertically. Is it Normal?

    Apple Help My MacBook lid opens by itself when placed vertically. Is it Normal?


    My MacBook lid opens by itself when placed vertically. Is it Normal?

    Posted: 27 Aug 2021 04:14 PM PDT

    cant sign out of icloud because of the previous owner’s apple id

    Posted: 27 Aug 2021 09:47 PM PDT

    my aunt gave me her daughter's old iphone x since she's using the iphone 11 now. i've given her their files already and all i need to do is to reset the iphone, but i wanted to sign out their previous apple id first before i reset because i'm scared that i might get locked out of it.

    i could easily sign out of icloud if only the 'find my iphone' setting had been turned off, but it was on when i got it.

    they forgot the password to their apple id as well. does anyone know how to fix this?

    submitted by /u/sakurayashikikaoru
    [link] [comments]

    How do left swipe to delete iOS Mail app for Gmail accounts?

    Posted: 27 Aug 2021 09:31 PM PDT

    With my Gmail account in the iOS Mail app, when I left swipe, I don't see an option to delete. I do see this option for my hotmail and outlook accounts. Does anyone know why this feature isn't available for Gmail accounts?

    submitted by /u/IamWarmduscher
    [link] [comments]

    I have questions with Find My

    Posted: 27 Aug 2021 09:31 PM PDT

    Hello, my parents are following my location on Find My iPhone and I am 19. It bothers me a lot, I was researching how to fake location and every topic looks scam, or paid ads. So I was thinking, if I have an Apple Watch, can I fake the location with it? Like if I connect my phone and the watch, and leave the watch in the car, go wherever with the phone with turned off location, would Find My notify that it's the watch? Or would that work? Also if I leave my phone in the car, and answer calls or text messages from the Watch, will Find My show the Watch's location, or the phone's?

    submitted by /u/meyp_sngz
    [link] [comments]

    Updated my iMac and now it seems to be stuck in a reset loop?

    Posted: 27 Aug 2021 08:06 PM PDT

    Hi all,

    As the title suggests, I just updated my approx. 3 year old iMac to the latest iOS. Now, it just keeps resetting. Every time, it tells me that it reset due to a problem and to either press something or wait to get back. But by the time I'm at the login screen, it just resets again. This also alternates to where it lets me move my cursor a few seconds, or it doesn't at all before resetting and going back to that error screen.

    I can share photos/videos of this as well if needed. I can also continue convos in DM's if it may be more appropriate.

    Thanks in advance for any help regarding this!

    submitted by /u/SharynTheWarlord
    [link] [comments]

    I can’t find my Airdrop files on my iPad

    Posted: 27 Aug 2021 07:59 PM PDT

    It's been days since i've been trying to send files (pdf, pages, etc) from my macbook or iphone to my ipad, and it sends "fine" but it doesn't open the menu of "open with…" anymore. It just says "sent" but i can't find the files anywhere it's driving me crazy, can someone tell me what's going on and is there a way to fix this? Please

    submitted by /u/esmeraldaadaa
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone repair question

    Posted: 27 Aug 2021 01:45 PM PDT

    I'm asking this just out of curiosity. I went to the apple store today to get my phone repaired because my face id wasn't working. When I came in it had about 70% left on the battery. They took it for an hour to fix it and when they handed it back it was at 15%. Does anyone know if they do anything that would drain the battery like this?

    submitted by /u/Lecture_Sea
    [link] [comments]

    How to Enable Apple’s ProRaw mode on iPhone

    Posted: 27 Aug 2021 10:12 PM PDT

    An annoying bug/error

    Posted: 27 Aug 2021 06:23 PM PDT

    I want to write a long text about this problem but I have explained the issue in this apple community thread. I tried the solution and it still doesn't work. Does anyone here know any way how to solve it?
    https://discussions.apple.com/thread/252992792

    submitted by /u/TieAdministrative567
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 12 Mini speakerphone working intermittently

    Posted: 27 Aug 2021 06:17 PM PDT

    This is the second iPhone 12 Mini that T-Mobile sent me since the first one was having the same issues. I tried restarting the phone and turning off noise cancellation, and I'm still having issues. Anyone know how to fix this?

    submitted by /u/OrphanInABatCostume
    [link] [comments]

    itunes problems

    Posted: 27 Aug 2021 09:53 PM PDT

    ill try to keep this short-ish... i purchased an album thru itunes in Nov 2020 and downloaded it to my laptop. some of the songs have no plays. I created a zero plays smart playlist and and those songs will not populate to the playlist. if i sign out of itunes those songs then populate. ive included screenshots. any ideas of how to get them or why they wont populate? TIA for your assistance.

    submitted by /u/Onthemoun10
    [link] [comments]

    Can I switch Apple IDs on two devices without losing data?

    Posted: 27 Aug 2021 10:37 AM PDT

    Hello everyone! I had a quick question. So I have a MacBook Pro and an iPad Air but they are both synced to an Apple ID that my family all used to share. (Now all our phones have separate IDs because of issues with texts crossing over, data merging, etc.) This wasn't an issue before but about a year ago my dad got a MacBook as well and all of our files pop up on each other's devices. It's been kinda annoying but I haven't bothered to fix it bc I didn't want to lose anything important. Is it possible for me to switch my macbook's Apple ID to a different Apple ID that already exists? I'd like for it to be linked to my phone if possible. Also, can I switch my ipad's Apple ID to the same Apple ID as my phone without losing any data (specifically procreate files as I have a ton of important art on there)? The iPad one isn't a huge issue in general but my family's search history pops up on there and that's kinda annoying lol.

    Thanks so much in advance.

    submitted by /u/CartoonThanos
    [link] [comments]

    does the usb-c cable make a difference when transferring files?

    Posted: 27 Aug 2021 09:06 PM PDT

    I just tried transferring files via the lightening cable and it was a headache. I tried via bluetooth and same. Does the usb-c even make a difference?

    submitted by /u/MaveInfinite
    [link] [comments]

    I jumped in a pool with AirPods Pro’s in my pocket. Is there something I need to do before plugging them in?

    Posted: 27 Aug 2021 09:01 PM PDT

    I jumped in with the whole case and airpods inside. I've heard plugging in electronics that have recently been in water is bad because something about short circuiting idk. Should I throw them in rice or like put 91% alcohol on them and let them dry over night? One of them still works. I'm not sure if the other is dead or was killed by the water.

    submitted by /u/rips_my_bag
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 12 pro screen issue with grey

    Posted: 27 Aug 2021 05:02 PM PDT

    Got an iphone 12 pro recently and I often notice that the grey colours on screen often change brightness. Most notable on reddit dark mode and when I'm using my keyboard. I have true tone disabled, so I do not know what is causing this. Anyone know how to fix this?

    submitted by /u/sickomoder
    [link] [comments]

    Running Big Sur on unsupported hardware.. I got this method to work.

    Posted: 27 Aug 2021 08:40 PM PDT

    I now have Big Sur 11.5.2 running on my (unsupported) Late 2012 iMac after I upgraded over the top of Catalina.

    Everything appears to be 100% – iMessage, Wifi etc, just as if it was actually supported.

    https://www.dropbox.com/s/fs25q8pb08hhd3h/Screen%20Shot%202021-08-28%20at%2010.34.01%20am.jpg?dl=0

    I followed the instructions here-in – but the legacy patcher now has a GUI, which makes the process slightly different.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5M1MepotME0

    Any questions, hit me up. I'll answer when I can.

    submitted by /u/binarysmurf
    [link] [comments]

    Whenever I try to write a customer review, it shows this screen, but I did download the app

    Posted: 27 Aug 2021 08:02 AM PDT

    Is there a way to archive conversations from messages?

    Posted: 27 Aug 2021 02:04 PM PDT

    With all photos, documents, etc.

    submitted by /u/-sic-boy2
    [link] [comments]

    Can I change the RAM on my MacBook Air?

    Posted: 27 Aug 2021 11:17 AM PDT

    It is a MacBook Air Early 2014, 13-inch, that was my brother's, but he left it to me and I've had trouble with its RAM, it only has 4GB and I want to bump it up to 8GB if possible. Can it be done? Can I do it myself?

    submitted by /u/Seb_aguilera14
    [link] [comments]

    Is it possible to make Spotify available to all without unlocking phone?

    Posted: 27 Aug 2021 07:59 PM PDT

    I wonder if it's possible to allow certain apps to be outside from the lock on iOS, so say, at a party people can put on songs , without me leaving my whole digital life exposed...?

    submitted by /u/flavourantvagrant
    [link] [comments]

    Trade-In: Battery is swelling but Mac still working properly

    Posted: 27 Aug 2021 07:38 PM PDT

    Can I still trade-in my Macbook Air 13-inch (2017) if the battery is swollen but still working properly? The problems with my Mac are: the battery drains quickly and the lid won't fully close but everything else works just fine.

    submitted by /u/bhrc12
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook M1 (M1X/M2)

    Posted: 27 Aug 2021 03:48 PM PDT

    I start university in 2 weeks and need to get my macbook soon. I wanted to get the M1X/M2 thats rumoured to release soon but I don't think it will release in the 2 weeks I have before I need to purchase the laptop. If I purchase an M1 then use it and restore it after 28 days (provided that apple have now released the M1X/M2 version) will apple accept my return?

    submitted by /u/airlite
    [link] [comments]

    Transferring contacts to new Iphone from android...except S8 is gone

    Posted: 27 Aug 2021 03:33 PM PDT

    Hello, I recently lost my S8 and decided to get an iphone12 but am having a tough time finding how to transfer contacts etc. I backed up to the samsung cloud frequently on the S8 but can't figure out what account exactly has all the backed up data to transfer. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

    submitted by /u/strudelman88
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Air Water Damage

    Posted: 27 Aug 2021 07:12 PM PDT

    I got maybe 5 drops of water on my track pad and wiped it off. When I went to get back on it was a black screen and holding the power button did nothing. After trying to reset over and over I tried holding SHIFT, CONTROL, OPTION, & POWER and that hit it to turn on. When I did I could type but not move the curser. Now it just turns on sometimes when pressing power and sometimes it doesn't turn on at all. When it does turn on the fan is very loud and I can't type or move the curser. I just tried resetting again and it got stuck on the black loading screen. Any help would be appreciated.

    submitted by /u/gagejac
    [link] [comments]

    2020 M1 MBP: External Monitor Mirroring without Setting, Blanking and More!

    Posted: 27 Aug 2021 07:10 PM PDT

    Hi All,

    I purchased my 2020 M1 MBP back in March, I love it. I have an external monitor I've been using for months.

    Yesterday something odd happened, my external monitor (EM) started mirroring my laptop screen (LS). Except I didn't select laptop mirroring.

    Naturally I went to the MBP settings and made sure it wasn't set - and it wasn't. Here's where it gets weird...

    Both monitors semi-mirror one another - as in I can move one program around, but once I do, a 'shadow window' is left behind that is completely black of the program that I moved. So if I move Chrome from my LM to my EM, I can do it, but then a 'Chrome' window will be left behind on the LM and be completely blacked out. I can't interact with it. It applies to EVERY program.

    If I swipe up to see all my open programs, I'll see the same programs on each monitor, but only usable on one... the other one will be completely blank.

    I'm not sure what is going on. I've restarted the computer, downloaded the latest updates, reset the monitor, etc... I'm pretty tech savvy but haven't seen anything like this.

    EDIT: I should also mention, if I keep a program out of full-screen mode, then it behaves normally - I can keep two different instances of Chrome (or any combination of programs) open on both monitors, I just can't go full-screen or else everything goes to hell.

    submitted by /u/Muscled_Daddy
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel