• Breaking News

    Sunday, August 8, 2021

    Apple Help My Apple Music playlists keep deleting songs/albums and I don’t know why

    Apple Help My Apple Music playlists keep deleting songs/albums and I don’t know why


    My Apple Music playlists keep deleting songs/albums and I don’t know why

    Posted: 08 Aug 2021 07:31 PM PDT

    Anybody have any idea what I can do?

    submitted by /u/fakename1998
    [link] [comments]

    Catch-22 with signing into MacBook Air

    Posted: 08 Aug 2021 06:50 PM PDT

    I have an old MacBook from a few years back and I wanted to get it working again. Apparently I have forgotten the password I used to sign in and when I try to recover it I have to sign in with my Apple ID. However, it always errors out saying there was a server error. I'm pretty sure that's due to my MacBook's time and date being incorrect due to it's long inactivity (guest mode tells me that website certificates are invalid for the same reason). However, I need to sign into the MacBook to change that, so I'm stuck. I tried using the Guest mode, but it doesn't give me any system options there. Any advice?

    submitted by /u/kh9sd
    [link] [comments]

    2 sets of AirPods, and both of them are not connecting to my iPhone 11 max Pro

    Posted: 08 Aug 2021 09:58 PM PDT

    I am on holiday (this seems to happen when I'm away from home more often)

    Yesterday afternoon, I had to switch my sets consisting because the Left AirPod failed after about 10-20 minutes

    Wasn't dead just disconnected , and couldn't reconnect

    I tried restarting my phone , and the AirPods , With no successes

    This morning I woke up, and both my paired sets read as "not your AirPods" I had to repair both of them, just for them to say "failed to connect" …. Even though I'd hear the connection noise

    Again I tried rebooting my phone, I tried resetting the AirPods

    Again no success , my AirPods are charged , but seeming dead , both sets …. I almost believe it's my phone

    Does anyone know how to fix this ?

    submitted by /u/Synthwave11_
    [link] [comments]

    iCloud photos stuck at 1%, nothings uploading.

    Posted: 08 Aug 2021 09:54 PM PDT

    I just bought the 50 gb monthly plan for iCloud so I could have my videos and photos be put into there. It been a whole day and it's just sitting at 1%. Idk why nothing is being uploaded, how can I fix this?

    submitted by /u/AstralDawn_
    [link] [comments]

    When I remove an email from my Apple ID, does my phone automatically send an email to that account to notify?

    Posted: 08 Aug 2021 03:53 PM PDT

    Connecting iPhone to iTunes after QuickStart corrupts music library

    Posted: 08 Aug 2021 09:38 PM PDT

    I wanted to add some new music to my new iPhone 12. I had an iPhone 6 with 23 GBs of music with most of them being lossless. I used the QuickStart during first time installation and everything worked just fine. But when I connected the 12 to iTunes it Said something like "Use a backup, iTunes can't read data"(Not home right now don't remember exactly what it said) and showed my library completely empty.

    After that I checked my phone. First music app didn't open a couple times, it kept throwing me out. Then I closed the tab, reopened again and phone library was empty as well. When I check the storage, I see that total storage is still the same but music data is Gone. However, my other files are 22 Gb now, which is very close to my music file size. Is There anyway to retrieve it? How can i transfer my data without getting it corrupted? Both iPhone 6 and 12 have the latest iOS version

    submitted by /u/Gotenokaru
    [link] [comments]

    BLOCK CONTACT ON MAC

    Posted: 08 Aug 2021 09:38 PM PDT

    It seems that this is a simple issue yet I cannot believe how difficult it has been to find a solution. I have blocked a contact in my iPhone. Therefore, I no longer receive the blocked person's iMessages on my iPhone. Great — PROBLEM: every time I long into my Mac and open the messages app, I STILL get their texts. For the love of God how do I make it stop.

    I use a MacBook Air

    submitted by /u/CrimProLaw
    [link] [comments]

    I’ve been having an issue updating my Apple Watch

    Posted: 08 Aug 2021 01:48 AM PDT

    Weird (recent only) slowness with remapped Caps Lock key

    Posted: 08 Aug 2021 08:59 PM PDT

    Hey all! I've had an issue that's driving me a little nutty, that I can't seem to fix.

    I haven't used the Caps Lock key for its intended function in more than a decade, and it's a huge key. So, years ago, I remapped it (via System Preferences → Keyboard → Modifier Keys) so that the Caps Lock key actually triggers the Escape function.

    This worked wonderfully for years, especially when Apple got rid of the physical escape key a couple years! However, at some point in the last year (I think last few months), the Caps Lock key starting reacting REALLY slowly as an escape key. Whereas the actual escape key works instantly, the remapped Caps Lock key freezes my entire computer for about 4-5 seconds, every time. I could be watching a youtube video, closing the Spotlight popup, whatever — my comp freezes for 4-5 seconds.

    I recently tried remapping other primary keys (control, option, function, etc) to trigger escape, and none of them had the same issue. Because I rarely use the function key, I've remapped that to Escape temporarily as a workaround, but I'm so used to Caps Lock.

    Anyone know what's up or able to reproduce the issue?

    PS. Down with Caps Lock!
    PPS. Running OS 11.5 on MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2020, Four Thunderbolt 3 ports)

    submitted by /u/datlankydude
    [link] [comments]

    Keychain & E2EE not working but still active?

    Posted: 08 Aug 2021 08:54 PM PDT

    Hey all who may see this.

    I've been having this issue with my iCloud where I can't use anything associated with Keychain, like iMessage in iCloud, AirTags, iCloud Keychain, HomeKit, or Health. Honestly maybe even more features are currently unavailable.

    I've had 2FA for years but whenever I enable them I get this error. I haven't had an issue with my account at all until about two days ago.

    I was on iOS 15 beta but haven't made any alterations to my account whatsoever recently. All my devices are affected besides two iPhones on iOS 10 & 12.

    submitted by /u/Jeremiareyes
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone lost 75% of its charge while idle

    Posted: 08 Aug 2021 06:11 AM PDT

    I woke up this morning to find my phone (iPhone SE 2nd gen) dead. I looked at the battery tab in the settings and, between 2am and 4:30, it went from 75% to 0% while idle and with the screen off. No app was in use during that time (even in the background, nothing was running according to the settings).

    Is there a way for me to determine what happened? My phone is a year old and this is the first time it does this.

    submitted by /u/Uaenitag
    [link] [comments]

    iphone cannot find any bluetooth device

    Posted: 08 Aug 2021 08:38 PM PDT

    iPhone 8 running on iOS 14.7.1. All I get is a spinning icon beside Devices. My MacBook, Galaxy S7, and Galaxy Tab A all can find each other as well as a bluetooth printer nearby. Downloaded a BT scanner app from App store, finds the bluetooth printer.

    I've tried erase content and settings and resetting network, nothing. Anyone else had this problem?

    submitted by /u/eggtart_prince
    [link] [comments]

    Trying to access iMovie on old iPad Air, but "Unable to Download Item" whenever I try to open the app

    Posted: 08 Aug 2021 08:38 PM PDT

    I have several iMovies that hold great sentimental value on my old iPad, but I can't figure out how to access them. Whenever I try to open the app, "Unable to Download Item" pops up, with the options of Done and Retry. If I press retry, the popup appears repeatedly, only stopping if I press done.

    The complete projects are not on the camera roll, though I can view the raw footage that way.

    Storage is 25.9/32 GB, iCloud storage is 74.3/200 GB

    Wifi is connected and works properly

    iPad has iOS 12.5.4 (Your software is up to date)

    I have a iPhone 11 and a 13" Macbook Air that use the same Apple ID as the iPad but if I open iMovie on either, it only shows iMovies made on that device

    If anyone has any ideas, I'd really appreciate it because these projects are very valuable to me.

    submitted by /u/modsarestraight
    [link] [comments]

    Apple Watch reporting data when not wearing it

    Posted: 08 Aug 2021 08:32 PM PDT

    Because of my job, I'm not allowed to wear my apple watch to work. I usually wear it overnight and then take it off before I leave for work (around 9am)

    I was looking through my apple watch HR information and saw that there were 3 irregular heartrate notifications indicating that I had 3 episodes of afib at 10:59am, 2:59pm, and 4:59pm. This was a day I was at work and hadn't worn my apple watch. However all of the data from the previous day is missing, which is a day I did wear my watch. Can data be reported on the incorrect day??

    No one else has worn my watch since I live alone, and I doubt someone would break into my house, steal my watch, and then put it back. Also, there is continuous heartrate monitoring from the prior day all the way to 10pm, and then a huge gap until 10pm the next day.

    I'm really confused because I've never seen this happen before and wouldn't know how to explain it. Any ideas???

    submitted by /u/dawrina
    [link] [comments]

    add widgets app as an option

    Posted: 08 Aug 2021 08:28 PM PDT

    how do i add the "flex widgets" app as one of the options for adding widgets to the home screen? i used to have it as a option before.

    submitted by /u/_danahuie_
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone alarm quiet on iPhone 11

    Posted: 08 Aug 2021 08:04 PM PDT

    I've look through forum posts for this issue, and each one tells me to just turn up the ringer and it's already all the way up, the volume and ringer and alerts slide Ron settings is all the way up but even when locked the phone is quiet, but sometimes it is loud like normal

    submitted by /u/I_EatDirt123
    [link] [comments]

    Some websites don’t load correctly on Safari (iPhone X, iOS 14.7.1) - How can I fix this?

    Posted: 08 Aug 2021 07:50 PM PDT

    iPhone X — Bottom of Screen not Working

    Posted: 08 Aug 2021 03:45 PM PDT

    Hi there! I have an iPhone X — the bottom of the screen stopped working, meaning I can't 'swipe up' to log-in (and can't use faceID, etc until I login with a password, which can't be done).

    I've done a few hard resets, not working. I've connected to my mac, but can't connect the two since 'accessories aren't supported' until I type in my passcode.

    My main hope is to find a way to access all my photos (that aren't synced to iCloud). I don't care about the phone, but I do care about these photos.

    I had received some advice to try 'recovery mode' and am now stuck there — unable to 'swipe up to recover'.

    submitted by /u/goldenboots
    [link] [comments]

    Can I leave my iPhone 12 charging overnight through my M1 Mac that’s also charging?

    Posted: 08 Aug 2021 07:29 PM PDT

    Sorry for the stupid question. Will the devices overheat or does the power eventually cut out when they charge til 100%?

    submitted by /u/Dry_Distribution4597
    [link] [comments]

    Booting windows from external drive on iMac - sporadic, seems to be a link to whether my Time Machine drive is connected?

    Posted: 08 Aug 2021 06:44 PM PDT

    As per the title, I've installed Windows 10 on an external 500GB SSD. It's a late 2013 iMac running Mojave.

    It was fine using an old external 2.5" HDD until one day there was a power cut and despite being connected to a surge protector, my iMac booted with a question mark on the screen. I restored from Time Machine and all seemed well, until I tried to boot from my Windows external HDD. Pressing option brought up the boot menu, but it only showed the internal drive.

    Since then I bought a new SSD thinking the old HDD was shot, but I encountered the same issue. With both drives I tried resetting the NVRAM and SMC multiple times, different USB ports, connecting the drive directly to usb via SATA cable vs the powered disk hub I have. No dice. It sometimes saw it, sometimes didn't, sometimes randomly seemed to lose sight of it even whilst booted.

    As a last ditch effort, I reinstalled Mojave. Made no difference. I tried a different keyboard as the Mac one wouldn't always have its inputs seen on startup (it was wired via USB) and still nothing.

    Eventually I noticed if my Time Machine drive wasn't connected, there doesn't appear to be any issues. If it is, no keyboard input at startup or there is but the external drive doesn't show at boot menu.

    What gives? It makes no sense. I'm tearing my hair out, so I hope somebody can make heads or tails of it because I sure as heck can't.

    Edit: Wanted to add - sometimes, randomly it seems, if it was plugged in the Time Machine partition of the Time Machine drive (powered external HDD, it's 6TB and I use 2TB for Time Machine) would also show up alongside the Windows SSD (EFI Boot). So it seems a totally random thing where if it's connected it will either show all three drives, only the internal MacOSX one or it'll just ignore keyboard input altogether, not show me the boot menu and just boot Mojave. All I know is right now, leaving it disconnected allows me to boot into Windows should I so desire. Not exactly ideal when I'd like to leave Time Machine connected for when I run Mojave.

    submitted by /u/Iraelyth
    [link] [comments]

    Weird static on top of screen. What caused it and how do I fix?

    Posted: 08 Aug 2021 06:22 PM PDT

    MacBook Air Constantly Restarts

    Posted: 08 Aug 2021 06:17 PM PDT

    Hi there!

    I purchased my MacBook Air about 10 months ago and it restarts constantly. The Genius Bar tried to diagnose the issue; however, they ultimately had to send it into an Apple repair center as it kept restarting during the diagnostic process.

    The repair center replaced the logic board and the Touch ID a couple weeks ago but I'm still having the restart issue.

    I have a couple questions on how to move forward:

    1) I typically use an external monitor with the MacBook Air. Is it possible that this is causing the restart issue? The Genius Bar told me this is highly unlikely and that it wouldn't have affected the logic board.

    2) I contacted Apple Support two days ago about this issue. They are sending me a box and asked me to mail the computer to the repair center again. Unfortunately, It sounds like the repair center is backed up and it'll take a couple weeks for a repair. I use the computer for work, so I'm wondering if there's a quicker solution to get this resolved. Is it worth taking the computer back to my local Apple Store to see if they can repair or replace it there?

    Thank you in advance!

    submitted by /u/jeremyf90
    [link] [comments]

    Share Contact Group

    Posted: 08 Aug 2021 06:13 PM PDT

    Is there a way to share a contact group (with my wife, for example), and retain the group? Currently, when I send her a contact group, she gets all the individual contacts, but the group isn't retained. She has to manually re-create the group.

    Thoughts?

    submitted by /u/ILoveToVoidAWarranty
    [link] [comments]

    I need helps in identifying if these AirPods are legit

    Posted: 08 Aug 2021 06:07 PM PDT

    Big Sur uodate on Macbook Pro Causing Issues, cannot launch in non-safe mode...

    Posted: 08 Aug 2021 01:55 PM PDT

    Late 2013 MacBook Pro, I waited a while before finally upgrading to Big Sur and now wish I hadn't...

    Currently, when booting the laptop, with the white Apple Logo showing, the loading bar hangs at 40%. I can hold the power button to shut down, and when I hit power to restart and hold Shift key to launch in safe mode, I can get to the login page and log in, but then while in safe mode, most of the apps do not load (chrome temporarily loads and then closes right away), and the laptop is very laggy.

    What can I do to resolve this issue. I need to be able to start my laptop in non-safe mode. I have an appt with Apple in a few days but am looking to resolve this issue sooner if possible.

    submitted by /u/pagenotdisplayed
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel