• Breaking News

    Sunday, August 8, 2021

    Apple Macbook Joined the club a few days ago!

    Apple Macbook Joined the club a few days ago!


    Joined the club a few days ago!

    Posted: 08 Aug 2021 10:29 AM PDT

    Scary

    Posted: 08 Aug 2021 12:12 PM PDT

    Headphones for M1 MacBook Air?

    Posted: 08 Aug 2021 08:16 PM PDT

    I am using M1 MacBook Air.

    Planning to get a headset. Since Plantronics has wired headphones that have noise cancelling microphone, would like to go for it.

    The problem is, most of Plantronics headphones use USB-A. I prefer using 3.5mm audio jack in M1 MacBook Air.

    I wouldn't like to go for wireless headphones. Using Apple headphones is out of my budget.

    Could someone let me know, which headphones they are using in MacBook (that don't have USB dongle)? I realized that using USB dongle drains my computer's battery too fast. My preference is to have noise cancelling microphone to have formal conversations.

    Thanks for your time!

    submitted by /u/mworld1976
    [link] [comments]

    SSD failing?

    Posted: 08 Aug 2021 08:37 PM PDT

    Where is the best place to buy MacBooks for discounts, and either used or refurbished?

    Posted: 08 Aug 2021 05:21 PM PDT

    8GB MB Aar for Zoom adequate?

    Posted: 08 Aug 2021 10:20 PM PDT

    Wondering if 8GB is fine for Zoom on a MacBook Air? Trying to save a little money and mostly MS Office and web surfing. TIA.

    submitted by /u/HubblesWebb
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook and movie projector

    Posted: 08 Aug 2021 11:07 AM PDT

    So I've finally joined the gang and bought a new MacBook Air and I've got a movie projector that I'd like to setup outback for watching movies and stuff. I bought a 7 in 1 anker hub that is using an hdmi cable to the projector. I'm assuming I need to mirror the screen in order for it to play what's on the Mac? What would you suggest as far as outputting sound? And is there a way to keep it playing while the MacBook is closed or screen off ? Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/Mustang_52
    [link] [comments]

    MBA backlight

    Posted: 08 Aug 2021 02:32 AM PDT

    Just saw this on Apple’s website.

    Posted: 08 Aug 2021 09:43 PM PDT

    Deleted Macintosh HD by mistake. Disk utility for recovering Macintosh HD does not work. Please Help.

    Posted: 08 Aug 2021 04:16 PM PDT

    I was in the process of reformatting my old MacBook that I do not use anymore. In the process of doing so, I accidentally deleted the hard drive, Macintosh HD. I followed the steps from here to recover the deleted hard drive. However, after I found Macintosh HD and clicked the "restore" button, nothing shows up for "restore from." There's no volume, so I cannot restore it.

    Would this also have something to do with the Windows Bootcamp that I downloaded? I downloaded Windows Bootcamp prior to deleting the Mac hard drive, so we have been using the Windows disk as a temporary solution, but I would like to recover the Mac hard drive.

    Please let me know what I can do to fix this problem. Thank you.

    Here's the photo of the screen. https://imgur.com/a/ysh0nqp

    submitted by /u/yurikura
    [link] [comments]

    Whats Max Resolution avail in Mac/ MacBook Screen Mirror/ Extend Display via Airplay 2 direct to TV? (LG, Samsung, Sony, Vizio, Roku TVs)(No Apple TV) Mac Device > Airplay 2 > TV Brand Model (Not via Apple TV - From Mac Device to Smart TV w Airplay2)

    Posted: 08 Aug 2021 02:04 PM PDT

    Unreliability of HDMI-to-DVI Connection

    Posted: 08 Aug 2021 11:03 AM PDT

    I have an M1 MacBook Air and an Anker 8-in-1 hub with HDMI.

    I am, on a short term basis, using an HDMI-to-DVI cable to connect to an old DVI monitor. Mostly it works fine, but the connection seems dodgy even though the cable is brand new. The video blinks off and on occasionally and, more tellingly, Disney+ is NOT happy if I have the monitor connected. It'll play for a while, but then crap out with an error. If I reload the page it'll play again, but inevitably the error reappears. I have not yet tested other streaming services.

    Anybody have insight on this? It's not going to be a long-term issue as I'll only be using this monitor for a couple weeks while I'm back in the family home, but the problem is so unexpected I'm curious what it could be. I'm thinking Disney+ might be grumpy because of some limitation to my cable and proper HDCP but I really know very little about that.

    submitted by /u/Leighgion
    [link] [comments]

    Upgrade or not?

    Posted: 08 Aug 2021 07:53 AM PDT

    Hi! I'm a senior highschool student who uses Late 2011 Macbook Pro (Base Model) for daily use.

    This was used by my sister before and I received it on 2014. Got some essential apps installed like Microsoft Office, Final Cut Pro X and etc.

    It's really useable for everyday tasks, but not that swift when it comes to heavy tasks like photo editing or HD Video editing. The fan is running on full speed when I'm just watching a YouTube Video or in a Google Meet. The school year is almost there for my country and I think it's the right time to buy a new one.

    I was planning on buying Macbook Air M1 but I'm not sure if I should go for the Air or for the Pro. If Pro, I'm gonna save some more money and use my old Macbook for another while. I'm also thinking of buying the 16 GB RAM and 512 GB Storage model.

    The reason why I'm asking this is because I'm very certain that this old Macbook of mine is going to die soon and I can't be left out without anything to use.

    (Also, should I put a hard-shell case on it?)

    submitted by /u/TakuyaGemma
    [link] [comments]

    macbook air/pro m1 users in india facing issues

    Posted: 08 Aug 2021 02:24 AM PDT

    1. Hardware issue if any? ( i read of screen cracking, and body dent because of soft aluminium on their first use and they don't know how it happened to them)

    2. Software issue ?( I read of swap usage issue, stressing users to buy 16gb to avoid it)

    3. if you got defective unit how was your experience returning it for replacement or refund especially when buying from apple online store?

    submitted by /u/Low_Director3495
    [link] [comments]

    Actual free space on clean install MacBook Air M1 256 GB

    Posted: 08 Aug 2021 01:32 AM PDT

    Actual free space on clean install MacBook Air M1 256 GB

    Something strange is going with the storage of MacBook Air M1.
    I bought a model listed as 256 GB one,
    but "About this Mac / Storage" shows a 251 GB Flash Storage
    with 211.85 GB available of 245.11 GB on fresh install (only Big Sur 11.5.1 without any other files).

    https://preview.redd.it/cepant9lg3g71.png?width=1206&format=png&auto=webp&s=3ed2f3d2ef5966acbd13d1b1fc8577b8ff24fb6f

    In details, "System" takes 15.33 GB and mystical "Other" 17.81 GB.

    https://preview.redd.it/hrdxj7hmg3g71.png?width=1588&format=png&auto=webp&s=6d83079b0b0b94caa7d69b3a3a2ab957dbc371fc

    Is this normal?

    On older intel MBP I have 250.79 GB available of 251 GB on 256 GB model.

    I believe, that 250.79 – 211.85 GB = 38.94 GB is significant difference, that should be noted about.

    Is there a way to free Other files and get closer to 245 – 250 of free space on clean installation with MBA M1?

    submitted by /u/rbiblos
    [link] [comments]

    Hi guys ı am gonna join the mac family by purchasing M1 air this week,this is gonna be my first laptop and mac so i have some questions.Are screen and case covers necessary? I want to keep my mac safe but ı am not sure about screen covers are bad for view and colors and is case cover issue for temp

    Posted: 08 Aug 2021 01:56 AM PDT

    Booting and Waking

    Posted: 08 Aug 2021 01:00 AM PDT

    My M1 Macbook Air is not booting or waking from sleep when I open the lid like it used to. Any suggestions ?

    submitted by /u/musiched99
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel