• Breaking News

    Friday, June 18, 2021

    Apple TV Loving the new remote

    Apple TV Loving the new remote


    Loving the new remote

    Posted: 17 Jun 2021 05:35 PM PDT

    Wall mounted My tv. Forgot how nice the Apple TV UI is. Show your Apple TV setups

    Posted: 17 Jun 2021 08:40 PM PDT

    Have they lost their mind?

    Posted: 17 Jun 2021 07:59 PM PDT

    Dolby vision vs auto calibration

    Posted: 17 Jun 2021 02:07 PM PDT

    Hi, i just got my new apple tv. What do you use, dolby vision or the auto calibration tool (using your iphone facing the screen to adjust the image)?

    submitted by /u/Content-Artichoke541
    [link] [comments]

    HBO Max sounds Low on Apple TV

    Posted: 17 Jun 2021 01:20 PM PDT

    New HDCP error message.

    Posted: 18 Jun 2021 02:29 AM PDT

    How do you pair a PS4 controller with the Apple TV?

    Posted: 17 Jun 2021 10:39 PM PDT

    I got the newest Apple TV and I'm holding the PS and share button until it blink but it doesn't show up under Bluetooth - Other Devices. Am I missing a step? It's showing up on my phone. Weirdly enough the Dual Sense does show up with my Apple TV. This makes no sense. Why would the PS4 controller only show up on my phone but not the Apple TV??

    UPDATE: Seems like Apple Removed support for Dual Shock 4 controllers for some bizarre reason. Tried it with another PS4 controller and exact same issue.

    submitted by /u/RealSkyDiver
    [link] [comments]

    Questions from total newbie to Apple TV...

    Posted: 17 Jun 2021 10:45 PM PDT

    Apologies in advance that I know nothing about Apple TV! I just got a new iPhone and it came with a free trial of AppleTV, which was exciting! I get to finally watch Hamilton Ted Lasso :) But I am having a lot of issues...

    • My TV is a Roku TV that apparently doesn't support the Apple TV app. Is there no way to watch on my TV without buying an actual Apple TV thingy?
    • My computer runs on Yosemite. Does this mean I can't download the Apple TV app? I have googled, looked in the app store, and not found it anywhere.
    • If I can't use the app on my computer, how the heck do you use the website? There is no search bar, no categories I can click into, no watch list, etc. Am I just limited to whatever shows happen to be featured by the website?

    I seem to have figured out my phone. I am really not usually this pathetic with technology, but I cannot figure this out! Any advice would be helpful.

    submitted by /u/Who_Rescued_Who_
    [link] [comments]

    Dolby Digital 5.1 Sonos App

    Posted: 17 Jun 2021 02:55 PM PDT

    So I have been trying to figure this out. My setup is an LG TV with Arc, not eArc. I am using the New Apple TV 4k 2021 and have a Sonos Arc with a sub and surrounds.

    I know that since my TV doesn't have eArc, I can't get LPCM, which I understand is what the Apple TV outputs.

    When I play Atmos content, I get Atmos through Dolby Digital Plus 5.1 (DD+ 5.1) no problem.

    When I play non atmos 5.1 content, my Sonos app shows DD 5.1 rather than DD+ 5.1. When I use other streaming devices or the built in apps, my Sonos app shows DD+ 5.1.

    How and why is this? If the Apple TV is sending out a PCM signal, how is Sonos showing DD 5.1 and then why isn't it DD+5.1? Is the DD 5.1 I am getting equivalent to DD+ 5.1 in this case?

    submitted by /u/Steiner29
    [link] [comments]

    Question about the new Apple TV 4K

    Posted: 17 Jun 2021 08:52 AM PDT

    To anyone that upgraded from the last generation Apple TV 4K to the new one: Was it worth it to you or do you regret it? What is your reasoning (pros/cons) for liking/regretting the upgrade?

    Thanks in advance for all the answers and sorry if this has been asked before.

    submitted by /u/michaelmich3
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone else experience this with the Sling Apple TV app?

    Posted: 17 Jun 2021 06:31 PM PDT

    Skimming is Way Too Sensitive on Multiple Apps with Siri Remote

    Posted: 17 Jun 2021 11:31 AM PDT

    Skimming is now a painful experience if you're still stuck with original Siri Remotes. It seems to me that several apps adjusted their skimming sensitivity around the new remote's touch jog wheel, and are now way too sensitive on older Siri Remotes.

    Attempting to skim with the HBO Max or Peacock app is extremely frustrating. On Max, you used to have to touch the track pad to enable skimming first, but now it's always active. Just attempting to move the remote can cause you to skim all the way to the beginning or end of the program. Peacock still requires a full press before skimming, but once you're in that mode, good luck landing within a minute of what you're aiming for.

    I've got two first gen ATV4Ks along with the last 1080p ATV, and they all perform the exact same way in these apps. It only seems to be certain apps, so I'm guessing the SDK allows developers to calibrate the sensitivity based on which remote is connected, and these apps likely just ignored having two profiles.

    Has anyone else noticed the insane sensitivity on original Siri Remotes in certain apps? Any tvOS devs that can confirm if remote awareness is actually possible?

    TLDR: Skimming has gone crazy on original Siri Remotes in certain apps. Is there any hope those devs might fix this?

    submitted by /u/jackbobevolved
    [link] [comments]

    Best new TVs out there that work well in conjunction with Apple TV 4K?

    Posted: 17 Jun 2021 05:26 PM PDT

    Moving soon and looking at getting new TV. Apple TV 4K is going to be my entertainment hub and every single new TV out there is a smart TV but I want to find one that doesn't interfere or try to trump the Apple TV.

    Anyone have suggestions for good brands or models?

    Looking at 55" models, less than $1k if I can find it.

    submitted by /u/tl790
    [link] [comments]

    Ready for the next gen

    Posted: 17 Jun 2021 05:10 PM PDT

    Best sound settings for Apple TV?

    Posted: 17 Jun 2021 05:05 PM PDT

    I have a soundbar that get pretty loud (Samsung Q6R w/Harmon Kardon). But each app has varying degrees of loudness. For Disney+ and Apple TV shows, I have to turn my soundbar basically all the way up for it to be nice and loud. Hulu about 3/4 the way for it to be loud. YouTube about halfway.

    Is there something I can do to ensure I'm getting the best sound coming from my Apple TV to soundbar? Is that just how it is/some apps are? Do I have to do anything TV setting wise for the audio? I don't have a Dolby Atmos soundbar but it's still pretty good and can get loud.

    submitted by /u/DJTY392
    [link] [comments]

    Apple needs to sort out TV+ UI

    Posted: 17 Jun 2021 04:08 PM PDT

    I've recently started watching "A long way up" One of the things that becomes very apparent, very quickly, is that the UI for AppleTV+ is how bad the UI is. There's no way to quickly get to my "watch later" list. On some occasions, shows don't even show up under "continue watching". I know you can ask Siri for the show, but seriously, for a company that prides itself on design, they need to sort it out. I genuinely thought changes would be announced at WWDC, but they weren't.

    submitted by /u/davehaslanded
    [link] [comments]

    Disney+ airplay on Apple TV 4K gen 1

    Posted: 17 Jun 2021 04:00 PM PDT

    I'm having issues air playing content to my Apple TV 4K using the Disney+ app on my iPhone. Airplay works using other apps such as the native Apple TV app on my iPhone and on Tubi, as well as most other video streaming providers. I am using a VPN because I live abroad. I've tried having the Apple TV connect to WiFi and Ethernet and they both fail to connect. The television I'm using is a Xiaomi 1S 4K UST projector.

    submitted by /u/jeffreydad
    [link] [comments]

    HomePod audio sync

    Posted: 17 Jun 2021 11:57 AM PDT

    I have a pair of HomePods set as default audio output, but the audio is slightly out of sync with the picture in videos.

    I've tried Wireless Audio Sync, but it fails every time - seems to be a software bug. Also not sure if it's meant to fix HomePod sync anyway or if it's just for TV speakers.

    Anybody know how to get HomePod audio synced?

    submitted by /u/hundley10
    [link] [comments]

    TVOS15: HomePod + HomePod Mini

    Posted: 17 Jun 2021 10:06 AM PDT

    Has anyone on TVOS15 tried pairing a couple of (2) HomePod Minis to a Stereo pair of (2) Original HomePods?

    I understand this might be a minority of users that this would effect, but I'm genuinely interested if the Original HomePods would output ATMOS and if the Mini's would act as rear channel speakers or just mimic the Stereo sound or if it's even possible to pair all 4 as the default audio group.

    submitted by /u/ChgoHitMan
    [link] [comments]

    Apple TV always buffering

    Posted: 17 Jun 2021 10:26 AM PDT

    I just switch from Roku to AppleTV and I never had problems with my roku; yet my AppleTV buffers every 2 minutes. I moved it into another room to see if maybe there was interference and same thing. I've also restarted it. Any help?

    submitted by /u/DoubleTGamer
    [link] [comments]

    Best 4K Dolby vision (HDR) TV to pair with Apple tv?

    Posted: 17 Jun 2021 12:50 PM PDT

    So as the title suggests, i am looking for a new tv to use with my apple tv 4k (not 2021)

    I am not looking to spend crazy extra for all the smart tv features tv's come with today, i only want a great panel to pair the with apple tv box.

    Suggestions?

    submitted by /u/ItsRogueO8
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel