• Breaking News

    Friday, June 18, 2021

    macOS Figured this sub would appreciate this :)

    macOS Figured this sub would appreciate this :)


    Figured this sub would appreciate this :)

    Posted: 17 Jun 2021 12:37 PM PDT

    Booted my family's Performa for the first time over 20 years. Still works, so I cloned it to an emulator on my MBP to preserve this snapshot from my life in the late 90's. Mac System 7. Very nostalgic!

    Posted: 17 Jun 2021 08:48 AM PDT

    Is there a way to change appearance of the icons of Big Sur back to Catalina or older version?

    Posted: 18 Jun 2021 03:16 AM PDT

    I want to update to Big Sur, but the ugly icons of the new version are really discouraging, what should I do? Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/susuia_sa
    [link] [comments]

    Can someone explain what this is and how to correct it?

    Posted: 18 Jun 2021 01:53 AM PDT

    Sleep Wake failure in EFI

    Failure code:: 0x01110600 0x0000001f

    Please IGNORE the below stackshot

    Date/Time: 2021-06-18 14:21:12.981 +0530

    OS Version: ??? ??? (Build ???)

    Architecture: x86_64

    Report Version: 32

    Data Source: Stackshots

    Shared Cache: 4A889CE9-8D7E-304E-A5F7-84D819B0BF9C slid base address 0x7fff20316000, slide 0x316000

    Event: Sleep Wake Failure

    Duration: 0.00s

    Steps: 1

    Time Awake Since Boot: 24s

    Process: swd [348]

    Architecture: x86_64

    Footprint: 480 KB

    Time Since Fork: 1s

    Num samples: 1 (1)

    Thread 0xbcd 1 sample (1) priority 4 (base 4)

    <thread QoS background (requested background), thread darwinbg, process darwinbg, IO tier 2>

    1 start + 1 (libdyld.dylib + 89949) [0x7fff2063ff5d] 1

    1 ??? [0x102744454] 1

    1 ??? [0x1027441e8] 1

    1 __stack_snapshot_with_config + 10 (libsystem_kernel.dylib + 146934) [0x7fff20611df6] 1

    *1 ??? [0xffffff80002331f6] 1

    *1 ??? [0xffffff800093fc9e] 1

    *1 ??? [0xffffff8000849ef1] 1

    *1 ??? [0xffffff800025651f] 1

    *1 ??? [0xffffff800028d8fd] (running) 1

    Binary Images:

    0x7fff205ee000 - 0x7fff2061dfff libsystem_kernel.dylib (7195.121.3) <A4938CF5-ABC0-397B-8A6E-B7BEEFA24D0A> /usr/lib/system/libsystem_kernel.dylib

    0x7fff2062a000 - 0x7fff20665fff libdyld.dylib (852) <C10CEA28-D5A0-324F-8F07-8C7CE4805412> /usr/lib/system/libdyld.dylib

    Model: MacBookPro15,1, BootROM 1554.120.19.0.0 (iBridge: 18.16.14663.0.0,0), 6 processors, 6-Core Intel Core i7, 2.6 GHz, 16 GB, SMC

    Graphics: kHW_AMDRadeonPro560XItem, Radeon Pro 560X, spdisplays_pcie_device, 4 GB

    Graphics: kHW_IntelUHDGraphics630Item, Intel UHD Graphics 630, spdisplays_builtin

    Memory Module: BANK 0/ChannelA-DIMM0, 8 GB, DDR4, 2400 MHz, SK Hynix, -

    Memory Module: BANK 2/ChannelB-DIMM0, 8 GB, DDR4, 2400 MHz, SK Hynix, -

    AirPort: spairport_wireless_card_type_airport_extreme (0x14E4, 0x7BF), wl0: Feb 16 2021 02:10:42 version 9.30.444.10.32.5.67 FWID 01-a00c1314

    Bluetooth: Version 8.0.5d7, 3 services, 18 devices, 1 incoming serial ports

    Network Service: Wi-Fi, AirPort, en0

    USB Device: USB 3.1 Bus

    USB Device: Apple T2 Bus

    USB Device: Touch Bar Backlight

    USB Device: Touch Bar Display

    USB Device: Apple Internal Keyboard / Trackpad

    USB Device: Headset

    USB Device: Ambient Light Sensor

    USB Device: FaceTime HD Camera (Built-in)

    USB Device: Apple T2 Controller

    Thunderbolt Bus: MacBook Pro, Apple Inc., 47.5

    Thunderbolt Bus: MacBook Pro, Apple Inc., 47.5

    submitted by /u/Deep_Ray
    [link] [comments]

    Apple's newest Safari Technology Preview brings macOS Monterey features to Big Sur - 9to5Mac

    Posted: 17 Jun 2021 03:18 PM PDT

    MacOS Big Sur Graphics Performance

    Posted: 18 Jun 2021 01:53 AM PDT

    I have a 2017 MBP /2GB graphics card with Mojave installed. I upgraded to both Catalina and Big Sur but found both to be 'choppy' in graphics performance.

    My use case is very basic, Football Manager 2020 on one screen, Safari with Amazon Prime on the other. My monitors are dual Dell 4K, in clamshell mode. With Mojave I get some slowdowns with a match running on FM, but nothing major. In the other two though it's practically unusable if the video is 1080 and the match in FM is 3D.

    Can anyone shed some light on why, if they have the same issue, or if it's been fixed? I need to upgrade soon as the OS will be EOL in November if Apple follow their trend but was not very happy with either upgrade previously. Thanks for any help and advice you can give.

    submitted by /u/Luther956
    [link] [comments]

    MacOS equivalent to Windows+Shift+Left

    Posted: 17 Jun 2021 09:47 PM PDT

    I recently switched jobs and was given a MacBook Air (M1, 2020) running macOS Big Sur 11.4.

    Back in college I had a MacBook Pro, but I've been using a Windows machine with 3 monitors for the last few years. One of the biggest conveniences of my old multi-monitor setup was being able to quickly move windows to an adjacent monitor using Windows+Shift+Left or Windows+Shift+Right.

    I'm trying to replicate that functionality on MacOS, but I haven't been able to figure out a good workflow. I just watched 2 hours of videos discussing mission control, spaces and multiple "virtual" desktops, but have not been able to find an alternative to clicking and dragging a window to the monitor that you want it on.

    I'm sure there is an easy solution and I'm hoping someone can help.

    Any recommendations?

    submitted by /u/T00Jawnty
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Pro M1 + dock + dual screen kernel panocs

    Posted: 18 Jun 2021 12:37 AM PDT

    I been reading a lot about issues faced with the MBP M1 especially when used with a dock

    I've also seen treads about the MBP M1 having kernel panics even without docking.

    Has anyone else been having issues with there MBP?

    If so have you been able to resolve it and how ?

    Ps. Have gone through a lot of troubleshooting from Apple and other forums

    submitted by /u/rrsport80
    [link] [comments]

    How To Stop MacOS Big Sur From Changing My Screen Resolutions When I Turn On Second Monitor?

    Posted: 17 Jun 2021 06:28 PM PDT

    This is driving me crazy.

    Every time I turn on my HDMI connected TV (attached to Mac Pro 2013) it changes the resolution of my computer monitor and the connected TV to lower resolutions. It also mirrors them which is not what I had it set to. And sometimes changes the desktop image on the HDMI TV to stock image.

    It usually requires a reboot to fix it and then I have to put all the settings back to the way I like them.

    This is not a new problem - been happening for years.

    Can't MacOS just leave my monitors alone? Is their some kind of internal eARC like function I can turn off so it doesn't try to read the TV and change settings every time? It may have something to do with each monitor having different resolutions and the jump to mirroring (which I didn't set) is changing the second monitor resolution because of it - just a guess.

    Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

    submitted by /u/jorlev
    [link] [comments]

    Check your screen sharing settings

    Posted: 17 Jun 2021 10:37 PM PDT

    Check whether you have VNC installed or if you have screen sharing enabled. Then, run this command from terminal. Change 1d to 7d for a week or 1h for one hour, etc. This will help you identify any attempts to connect to you.

    log show --last 1d --predicate 'processImagePath CONTAINS "screensharingd" AND eventMessage CONTAINS "Authentication"' | grep -i authentication | grep -i Address | grep -E -o "([0-9]{1,3}[\.]){3}[0-9]{1,3}" | sort | uniq

    submitted by /u/OldZoomie2020
    [link] [comments]

    MacOS 11.4 Clean Install - Office 365 Not Working

    Posted: 17 Jun 2021 10:22 PM PDT

    As the subject sates, stuck at the privacy screen and after clicking OK the box stays on the screen and nothing happens. Anyone else see this issue under 11.4?

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/A4orce84
    [link] [comments]

    Developers who need to use VMs, how are you coping with Apple Silicon and 16GB RAM limits?

    Posted: 17 Jun 2021 04:07 PM PDT

    My entire office is in a bind right now.

    50% have installed Windows on their high-RAM Intel Macs.

    The rest are remoting into Windows 10 Pro boxes for Hyper-V.

    We have no control over the machines we get from the company and the M1s are coming.

    With Windows we are able to develop for ARM and x86_64.

    submitted by /u/symbiote_of_doom
    [link] [comments]

    Can't Allocate (free space) on BigSur

    Posted: 17 Jun 2021 04:07 PM PDT

    Hi all. Have had some issues and admittedly I am not the best at this.

    I have 2 partitions, Mac and Windows. I installed Windows outside of bootcamp. I erased my personal Mac partition so I can do a fresh install of MacOS (and combine the free space from the erased Windows partition) however I am unable to allocate the free space. I am attaching all the relevant info below. Could someone please help, the free space doesn't show up in the partition tool of diskutil. Some pictures are below and my terminal output can be found on the link below

    THANK YOU FOR ANY HELP! https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/help-allocating-free-space-to-my-hd.2301341/ https://imgur.com/a/0OEFaij

    submitted by /u/Rich123321
    [link] [comments]

    HELP ME FIX THIS

    Posted: 17 Jun 2021 09:33 PM PDT

    Can proctored exam sites detect spotlight search?

    Posted: 17 Jun 2021 11:49 PM PDT

    Spotlight is very useful for calculations and stuff

    The exams I'm about to give will be proctored, and they'll get to know if I open another app when the exam is going on, and then the paper will be disqualified..

    Can such systems detect spotlight search as well?

    submitted by /u/Madhav-Daga
    [link] [comments]

    Excruciatingly slow scanning speeds with large SMB folders

    Posted: 17 Jun 2021 07:21 PM PDT

    MacOS newbie here. Just got a MacMini M1, 16GB ram. My experience with SMB shares are making me miss Windows dearly. I have a shared folder in my NAS with about 27,000 files (a large collection of roms for a particular emulator, each file just a few Kb in size). First issue appeared when using Chronosync to try and backup that folder. It took 6 hours just for that one folder. It started very fast but at about 20~30% it started to slow down and by the time it was 50% it was basically scanning one file per second. Twice, the network folder disconnected in the middle of the process, once it got slow enough. Now, I'm trying to scan that folder within Retroarch and I'm having the same issue. Except that it may take 3 days to finish. On Windows, this would take 10 mins. Any idea of what could be happening? It does not happen with any of my other folders in that NAS, just this one that is enormous.

    submitted by /u/Metal-Up_UR_Ass
    [link] [comments]

    Downgrading to High Serra or Mojave

    Posted: 17 Jun 2021 01:19 PM PDT

    Hi, I used to own a 2015 Macbook pro that ran High Serra and had some 32 bit games on steam such as Portal 2, Hotline Miami and VA-11. But when I finally gave up the old one and switched to Macbook Air 2020 that currently runs Catalina, I realized that I wouldn't be able to play these games again since Catalina doesn't support 32 bit applications or games anymore.

    I tried using the apple store link to find the Installer for Mojave or High Serra, but failed for some reason since App Store keeps on telling me that no such thing exists.

    Is there no other way I can downgrade my system?

    submitted by /u/trzident
    [link] [comments]

    Turning off folders first

    Posted: 17 Jun 2021 01:04 PM PDT

    Hello,

    is it possible to turn off, that the Finder shows folders on top?

    https://www.macworld.com/article/228886/how-to-list-folders-first-when-sorting-a-finder-window-in-macos-sierra.html

    I don't have this check box in the Finder prefs.
    It's on Big Sur, I forgot so say that. I have Big Sur running on two machines. On one folders are on top, on the other folders aren't on top.

    submitted by /u/klaus1798
    [link] [comments]

    AirPlay to Mac in MacOS Monterey requirements

    Posted: 17 Jun 2021 06:17 PM PDT

    Install Safari Technology Preview and keep Safari too

    Posted: 17 Jun 2021 01:31 PM PDT

    Safari Technology Preview 126 was released a few moments ago and it brings the new Safari features on Monterey.

    I want to install it but when I have tried before it replaced Safari and there was no way to go back.

    Is it possible to keep both of them?

    Thank you!

    EDIT: Yes you can have them both installed. Thank you!

    submitted by /u/7-Sensational-
    [link] [comments]

    Need local database, Notion-like, possibly with additional iOS app. Any suggestions?

    Posted: 17 Jun 2021 05:12 PM PDT

    Tl;dr = title

    Hey, I struggled in which sub to post this, but it's supposed to work on my Mac first and having a mobile option is secondary.

    Here is what I search and have reached my limit of either understanding or jargon how to search further:

    I would want to have a [tool], in which I can put [data] in it. Ideally that would mean anything: text as strings, numbers as int or other, but also that cool meme.jpg and bigconcertrecording.wav

    For the first part it sounds like a Numbers table but then it quickly overshoots its limits. But: a Numbers table is not what I need because I want to link and auto-update [data]. For example: I add a key-value like information for sheet music. So my [data] would be: the actual PDF, string(title=Figaro), string(composer=Mozart) and so on.

    But now I decided to change "Mozart" to "W.A. Mozart". Now I would want to have every other entry, that has the value "Mozart", to update as well.

    And since "Mozart" is a value of an object, I would like to be able to have a view, where I can switch the sorting and viewing of information and maybe have the [tool] show me every database-entry with the value of "Mozart".

    (Who hadn't figured it out by now, my english is struggling hard to get across, what I want you guys to help me with. <--- That sentence surely helped. Haha.)

    To not make it anymore complicated than it needs to be: is there something like Notion, which isn't Notion, maybe capable to exist forever (like .txt files from 1989 are still compatible with everything), and ideally could be accessed from both my Mac and iPhone/iPad?

    (I thought years ago Filemaker would be what I might be needing now, but I checked the homepage yesterday and it seems to be a very different application nowadays.)

    Anyway - I am eternally grateful for any hints or answers!!

    Edit: - For linking I thought (Doku)Wiki, but that doesn't auto-update data. - For storing basic data I thought CSV but still, linking from and to everything is not possible. At least not without software. So just plain-files like .md/.txt/.csv/.xml would not help me. Though very easy to backup and probably very future proof. - I thought about MongoDB, SQlite, CoreData (I would have to program my own app to fill it?). Could the latter be the solution?

    submitted by /u/MacBoeck
    [link] [comments]

    Inorder to enable the internal sound sharing discord is asking me to enable a system extension that requires me to enable kernel extensions from startup utility. I want to ask if its safe to do so?

    Posted: 17 Jun 2021 12:56 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel