• Breaking News

    Saturday, April 24, 2021

    macOS I was messing around with Photoshop and made this background, thought people might enjoy :)

    macOS I was messing around with Photoshop and made this background, thought people might enjoy :)


    I was messing around with Photoshop and made this background, thought people might enjoy :)

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 10:46 PM PDT

    Unable to creat a bootable usb in Mac OS Catalina zsh: permission denied error

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 09:45 PM PDT

    Apple Pay isn't working, cant add or use cards (more below)

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 07:00 PM PDT

    How do you Get MacOS on Windows with External Hardrive

    Posted: 24 Apr 2021 02:01 AM PDT

    Hey everyone,

    I really want to get into developing iPhone apps and am in love with the features of Xcode. Being on windows, it makes it really challenging to do so. I can't afford a MacBook right now so getting a VM is my best option currently. I know there are ways to get macOS on windows with partitioning your drive and following any one of the many tutorials, but I was wondering if it's possible to do so on an external drive? If so, I'd get an external ssd that's strictly for MacOS. Will it still support my cpu and graphics card or will it have trouble? Any advice is appreciated!

    submitted by /u/narrowhades
    [link] [comments]

    How do I show my desktop only on an external monitor? (MBP)

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 05:12 PM PDT

    I prefer to only work with one screen. I find it awkward using hot corners across multiple screens.

    Anyway, I usually just mirror my display then turn down the brightness of my MBP down. I have to redo this every time my laptop sleeps.

    On Windows, there's an option to only show the desktop on a monitor, turning the laptop screen off all the time. Is there a way to do this in macOS?

    Edit: I want the lid open so I can use Touch ID

    Alternatively, is there a way to get hot corners only on one screen? (No need to get the mouse to another screen to activate a corner)

    submitted by /u/playgroundmx
    [link] [comments]

    Big Sur Screen Glitches (MacBook Pro 2016)

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 08:43 PM PDT

    Big Sur Screen Glitches (MacBook Pro 2016)

    Hello everybody,

    My MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2016) began to act strangely after the Big Sur upgrade. Often my laptop will spontaneously crack the wallpaper, or the chrome window will lag and not react to anything, and occasionally the chrome browser will cause the computer to glitch as if I have a video card problem (which I don't believe I do, because I didn't have it in the previous macOS).

    (Pic. 1) - Wallpaper crack (red part was made by me)

    https://preview.redd.it/jdcodqjsl1v61.png?width=3360&format=png&auto=webp&s=cd6e63eea72d71b254224da50c84365dbf1dfa3f

    (Pic. 2) - Chrome problem

    (Pic. 2) - Chrome problem

    (Pic. 3) - Screen glitching (look at the chrome buttons)

    https://preview.redd.it/pn7z3n9fm1v61.png?width=4032&format=png&auto=webp&s=f97f50d329d5e353ea9725d450e0164d24290554

    submitted by /u/werffff
    [link] [comments]

    wallpaper for lockscreen

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 08:37 PM PDT

    how do i get a different lockscreen wallpaper then my normal wallpaper for when i sign in

    submitted by /u/Tiredlibero
    [link] [comments]

    How to transfer “iPhone Backups” from MacBook to an External Drive? Do I just Drag & Drop or??? (Thanks in Advance!)

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 04:40 PM PDT

    iMac 24" M1 without HEATPIPE?!

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 11:51 PM PDT

    Installing xerox printer on big sur

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 03:17 PM PDT

    Hi, anyone any solutions for a problem installing a xerox (phaser 6010N) printer on Big Sur?

    Thanks! Johan

    submitted by /u/gjaolie
    [link] [comments]

    Mac in gaming. Clever... Watch

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 10:46 PM PDT

    MacBook Air Big Sur Update Loop - Help!

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 04:40 PM PDT

    I was updating my 2015 MacBook Air to Big Sur, and all was going well. Then it got stuck on Less that One Minute Remaining. I tried to restart the computer, and it went back to 29 minutes remaining. I waited it out and it went to a screen that said "an error occurred applying the software update". It didn't give any options so I restarted again with command R, which brought me to the Mac OS Recovery. I tried to reinstall the update, but it said I didn't have enough free storage. I know I have enough storage because I had to clear space to originally install the update. So now I'm stuck in this loop, and I don't know what to do. I've left my computer for a week but it's still in this loop. What should I do? All help is greatly appreciated.

    submitted by /u/hdog2410
    [link] [comments]

    4 Partitions in 10.15.7 ? All the same? How to delete?

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 03:59 AM PDT

    Free Data Recovery Software for MacOS?

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 03:57 PM PDT

    Long story short, I accidentally deleted some files some time ago on my Mac that I would like to recover. I tried 2 programs (the free trial of programs, which mostly don't allow you to download things, only see what was found), but both of them were unable to find the file (Will leave the programs I tried in the description). Does anyone know a good program that they had success with? Advice is appreciated. On macOS Big Sur for reference.

    Programs I already tried:

    EaseUS

    Disk Drill

    submitted by /u/Get_Bake_Eat
    [link] [comments]

    Pirated apps

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 07:25 PM PDT

    Do you guys use pirated apps in your MBP/AIR ? Or paid apps all the time ?

    submitted by /u/theeaglecoder
    [link] [comments]

    Will a factory reset restore the operating system back to the version it shipped with?

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 09:37 AM PDT

    I have a Macbook pro (mid 2014) that I plan to sell, and I decided to erase the hard drive and re-install the OS. I have done this multiple times in the past but this time something weird happened. When I was at the step to reinstall the OS, I was faced with the only option to reinstall MacOS X Yosemite (which is the original OS it was on when I purchased it in 2014).

    Is that normal behavior? Did this happen to anybody here?

    Two days ago I was running MacOS Big Sur and today I am running on MacOS X Yosemite.

    submitted by /u/kmoreau48
    [link] [comments]

    Anybody hear/use software for remote desktop access from windows to mac?

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 11:35 AM PDT

    I want to work with my friend on some project, problem is he don't have a mac and he didn't want to buy one. We think about alternatives and we are considering remote desktop software. The point is, that my friend should be able to log in into my machine and use his own account , when I will be using mine at the same time - is it even possible? If someone knows some good ways to do that , please share.

    Have a nice day :)

    submitted by /u/PanThomeg
    [link] [comments]

    How To Split Screen Easily

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 11:01 AM PDT

    How To Split Screen Easily

    This might be a known feature but I just found it! Hope it helps!

    Okay so most of the time I'm using split-screen on my laptop and each time I need to exit, I need to press the minimise icon for both the apps. (First, you gotta click on it once and then go to the other and click it again for that app.)

    But, recently I stumbled upon this one and the click of this button(Next to the mouse pointer on the top) just minimises both the apps. Way better!

    https://preview.redd.it/hj2i5nj7pyu61.png?width=1440&format=png&auto=webp&s=dd9f2b75437d2e5b49ff9b00e0b75366e15b6456

    submitted by /u/omglookatthatmess
    [link] [comments]

    What do you guys think of my MacOS Big Sur setup by me, a real Apple user?

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 02:43 PM PDT

    No pre-installed Widgets POCK

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 01:33 PM PDT

    MacBook Pro shutting off when under stress

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 07:16 AM PDT

    Hey so my laptop is a 2013 MacBook Pro and I've had it for years. Recently, and for no reason it seems, it will shut off on me whenever I try to select more than maybe 5 photos while moving stuff around or if I even think about opening Lightroom. It will just turn the screen off but the keyboard backlights will stay on. I'm not sure what the problem is so I'm hoping one of y'all will maybe know what I might be able to do without having to just buy a new one.

    submitted by /u/SirWilliam49130
    [link] [comments]

    dont know if this is the right sub tor this

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 12:59 PM PDT

    after you reset an admin password, does it send any kind of notification to the admin that its been changed?

    submitted by /u/prodtrxsh
    [link] [comments]

    How do you add a signature in Preview.app if your trackpad and webcam are broken?

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 12:11 PM PDT

    I could swear there used to be a way to just add an existing .jpg file as a signature but I can't find it. That's the only logical explaination why I already have scans of my and my wife's signatures on this computer. I could swear I remember doing this several years ago and it was easy. Now 100% of the info I find on google makes it seem like the only way to do this is to use the webcam or the trackpad but I definitely recall being able to just choose a pre-existing .jpg file as a signature.

    Does anyone know how to add a pre-existing jpg file to a PDF with Preview.app?

    submitted by /u/thinsoldier
    [link] [comments]

    Choosing Mac OS version for my old Macbook Air 2015 4gb

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 11:55 AM PDT

    Due to my current laptop is broken, so I would like to switch back to my MacBook Air.

    I use the MacBook for developing the c++ and python script. I am not sure about my feeling but I think the BigSur is quite slow.

    My question is I would like to know about the significant criteria that why i have to use a latest version of MacOs instead of the old version. If it no need to use the latest version, what is the best MacOs version in your opinion that can help my MacBook air for fighting with the poor performance.

    submitted by /u/GeologistInfinite740
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel