• Breaking News

    Sunday, April 25, 2021

    iPhone iPhone screen frozen

    iPhone iPhone screen frozen


    iPhone screen frozen

    Posted: 24 Apr 2021 08:38 PM PDT

    Funny story. While trying to go look up something, I had forgotten to exit out of reddit... so I did. A few moments after clicking on safari, it took me back to Reddit, but just the loading screen. I exited out and went to safari again, and I swear me and my phone were fighting back and forth between the two for at least 15 seconds. Now it's stuck on the Reddit loading screen, and I can't exit out of the app, use Siri, or even power off my phone. I can turn it off, just can't power it off. I can swipe over to the camera, pull up the little tool bar thing on the bottom or whatever it is, it's just my screen won't move. I tried tapping on a notification in my notifs bar but that didn't work either. My brother joked that I am now "one with Reddit". I hope not... please help

    submitted by /u/mootermoo
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone SE (2020) replacement battery

    Posted: 24 Apr 2021 06:17 PM PDT

    Greeting Reddit! I've had my iPhone SE for about a year now and I love all of the features! But one of the biggest issues is the small battery. The 1800 mAh battery isn't enough for me, especially during this time of COVID-19. Is there any way to replace the existing battery with a higher mAh one? I know there is a mod for the iPhone 6. My warranty expired about a week ago. Any help would be very much appreciated!

    submitted by /u/Colinmrmeowcat
    [link] [comments]

    Iphone battery

    Posted: 25 Apr 2021 12:11 AM PDT

    If you leave an iphone powered off. On shut down mode will it ever lose battery charge.

    submitted by /u/Bossman1221221
    [link] [comments]

    My girlfriend got drunk, called a bunch of random contacts on my phone screaming belligerently, and deleted my call history, and contacts. How do I recover my recent call history to see who she called?

    Posted: 24 Apr 2021 07:33 PM PDT

    Recent version iPhone XR

    submitted by /u/AsapEvaMadeMyChain
    [link] [comments]

    YouTube In Car Volume

    Posted: 24 Apr 2021 10:50 PM PDT

    Hi everybody, hope all is well.

    I have an iPhone XS Max running iOS 14.4.2

    On my commute to work I usually play YouTube videos/podcasts (I have YouTube premium) or listen to Music.

    If I listen to a song, and my phone is connected to my car via usb lightening cable, and if I listen to a song I can adjust the volume. Either up or down (using my cars infotainment system).

    Until recently Youtube worked the same way. I could adjust the volume using my car knob. The past few days or maybe week now, I can turn the volume down, but not up. If I turn up my volume my car says "Action not available". First I thought it was my car.

    So I tried my girlfriends iPhone and YouTube. Works like mine used to (I can adjust up or down).

    Anyone having this issue?

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/thebearjew96
    [link] [comments]

    Accidentally and stupidly clicked this link. Is this a virus? Is it possible to get a virus from a website on iOS I deleted all safari history and reset my network settings and shut down phone. Should I be worried?

    Posted: 24 Apr 2021 09:49 AM PDT

    Got a phishing scam on text and pasted the message into safari unknowingly directing me to the page.

    submitted by /u/Initial-Builder-810
    [link] [comments]

    Does exiting data transfer cause you to not make calls?

    Posted: 24 Apr 2021 08:49 PM PDT

    I was transferring data from my old phone to my new phone and I had to call someone so I exited the transfer and reset the new phone and tried to call them but it immediately went to voicemail (it did the "this person does not have their voicemail set up" thing). I assumed this meant they were on Do Not Disturb or something and I don't remember if it rang at all before going to voicemail. Could it have possibly not gotten to them at all because I exited data transferring? I'm hoping that it was just Do Not Disturb so they can see I called and call me back.

    submitted by /u/Anonymous7024
    [link] [comments]

    How do I know if my photos are full resolution and not optimized?

    Posted: 24 Apr 2021 06:53 PM PDT

    Hello everyome, yesterday I was fooling around with the settings and I saw the "optimized photos" option in storage. I enabled it without knowing it was gonna reduce the resolution of my pictures, while keeping the originals in the icloud.

    I reverted that immediately by selecting "download and keep originals" in the icloud settings, and the storage went back to normal.

    My question is: are all of my pictures in my iphone full resolution now?

    I don't have many, around 1200. I don't have any other apple product. I prefer to use my iphone to browse pictures and move them via the USB cable to my PC instead of using icloud, so i want them to be full resolution at all time.

    Besides the storage used, is there any other way of knowing if the pictures in my iphone are the true ones?

    I alredy took the time to scroll everysingle one in large mode because someone told me that until i do that they won't be downloaded in full res.

    I have an I7 with up to date ios.

    Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/icemichael-
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone SE (2020), Sim card question

    Posted: 24 Apr 2021 06:39 PM PDT

    Hi, I am currently looking for resold/second hand iPhone SE 2020s where all the cheapest options say something along with the ones of Verizon, Cricket, Family Walmart and other American Service Providers I don't know which can't work in Australia. I was wondering if it is possible to remove these constraints on the sim card provider as some say "[service provider] ONLY" yet some ship overseas. Would it be okay to get one of these phones in Australia and cancel/not use the pre-set provider? Or do I have to look for a phone with nothing extra attached to it? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/S_ophiaa_
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 8- turned it off for 5 mins, then powered it back up, now ALL texts are gone! Haven’t downloaded any new apps. What happened and can I recover them?

    Posted: 24 Apr 2021 01:31 PM PDT

    Need help with storage

    Posted: 24 Apr 2021 04:44 PM PDT

    Ok so I had 31.7 out of 32 GB available, so I decided to clear some unnecessary photos in my camera roll to fix it. Some of the photos were just duplicates (I have a habit of taking more than one photo of one thing when I go on trips and stuff), so I deleted them plus other ones I didn't need. I went from 1,875 to 411. But my storage still says 31.7 out of 32 GB. So what do I do?

    I don't have anything else that takes up a lot of storage.

    submitted by /u/MazharFakhar7
    [link] [comments]

    Iphone screen scratched by macbook

    Posted: 24 Apr 2021 12:35 PM PDT

    So I accidentally scratched my phone screen with the edge of my macbook and now there is some of the space grey finish stuck in the scratch on my screen, does anyone know how to get rid of the finish I honestly don't care as much about the scratch but its made really visible by the finish see and i have tried screen cleaner, isopropyl alcohol, and using tape to pull it out none of that worked

    submitted by /u/jake34959
    [link] [comments]

    Has my iPhone actually been hacked or is this a scam pop-up? I’m quite worried

    Posted: 24 Apr 2021 03:22 AM PDT

    " Your Apple iPhone has been hacked. All operations on your device are being tracked by the hacker. Immediate action is required"

    I posted this to r/iOS too if you want to see the screenshot

    submitted by /u/phenomenalwombat
    [link] [comments]

    Forwarding Text Messages to another IPhone

    Posted: 24 Apr 2021 02:10 PM PDT

    I have a phone number in the US that i receive messages on. The SIM card is in my brother's other phone, so he'd have to manually send me the messages/codes. It's difficult because of the time difference and his job, so i can't get messages when i need them. Is there any way to automatically forward the text messages I receive on his IPhone to mine? Or to receive them on app like TextNow or TextPlus? Thank You.

    submitted by /u/AiKai7
    [link] [comments]

    How long can I wait before activating Apple Arcade (Gaming)?

    Posted: 24 Apr 2021 01:51 PM PDT

    iPhone SE (2nd Gen)

    iOS 14.4.2

    Bought : End of January 2021

    Apparently I get Apple Arcade for 3 months free with the product. However I don't plan to activate very soon. However I've seen somewhere that I have to activate the free trial before a certain time period completes after buying the iPhone. For Apple TV, it's 3 months and I've just activated it. However, I dunno the time period for Arcade.

    submitted by /u/hogwartsCoder
    [link] [comments]

    Picture/info retrieval Iphone 8

    Posted: 24 Apr 2021 01:46 PM PDT

    Hello, I have an old iphone 8. It had been used in the kitchen quite a bit, so the main lightning port is not usable for charging. I can charge wireless. The screen is cracked and broken to the point that i cant use the phone.

    I need to retrieve some pictures and files from notes app. How do I proceed?

    submitted by /u/vfronda
    [link] [comments]

    downloaded music

    Posted: 24 Apr 2021 01:15 PM PDT

    I have music downloaded (youtube to mp3 converter) but it doesn't work on iTunes. Am I missing something? I can drag the file into iTunes, but when you try to play it, it skips it automatically.

    submitted by /u/leaemilieanders
    [link] [comments]

    People album keeps being removed

    Posted: 24 Apr 2021 01:07 PM PDT

    I use the face recognition function in my photos on iPhone. One day I accidentally said yes to some photos of a friend (friend B) and it wasn't that friend (friend A). iPhone then merged friend B into friend A's album and friend B no longer existed as a face!

    I spent ages removing these photos of friend B as they were identified as the wrong person. After removing the photos of friend B from friend A's album, I went to make friend B as a person again. I swiped up on a photo to see what faces were recognised, iPhone no longer showed me friend B as a face to select.

    I took a new photo of them and it recognised a face in the photo and so I made a new album of facial recognition for friend B under their contact on my phone. All fine, next day I go back to my albums and friend B'a album has disappeared and all the photos are back in friend A's album. I went through doing all the above steps again, but today same thing has happened (what is difficult is that friend A and B are in a lot of photos together as they are my best pals!).

    If I remove all photos of friend A and friend B from the album, iPhone won't let me select their faces any more. Can anyone tell me what to doooo?? Hopefully this makes sense :D

    How can I get my iPhone to stop merging them as the same person, and secondly if it doesn't identify a face in a photo at all, how do I select a face?

    submitted by /u/mashpotatoandpizza
    [link] [comments]

    Buying broken iPhones and claiming insurance

    Posted: 24 Apr 2021 12:24 PM PDT

    I was wondering about buying an iPhone thats unlocked but broken and then the thought came to me that could I claim insurance and pay the excess, would that be considered fraud or is it a grey area or what?

    submitted by /u/tristansmith410
    [link] [comments]

    Charge iPhone XR with OnePlus 5 adapter?

    Posted: 24 Apr 2021 11:32 AM PDT

    Can you charge with this adapter without damaging the battery? I'm not talking about having dash charging on iPhone, The questions are will it charge faster like with the charger of the iPad? And will it damage the battery because it's not made for Iphones?

    This is the OnePlus adapter I have

    submitted by /u/wankmore
    [link] [comments]

    Battery health is at 83% but my 6S Plus’ battery is awful

    Posted: 24 Apr 2021 12:37 AM PDT

    Hi, my phone is old but I got the battery replaced just over a couple of years ago.

    The battery health is at 83% which I know is bad, but it's dying at times after just a couple of hours of use. Here are some screenshots of my battery life: https://imgur.com/a/qiokoGp/

    Interestingly a few days ago just a few hours of screen on time used 180% of my battery (I have to charge it twice a day now) https://i.imgur.com/rKj9NPB.jpg

    Any suggestions please? This morning I woke up at 5am and by 8am it was at 1%.

    Thanks :)

    submitted by /u/blizeH
    [link] [comments]

    Websites load half of the time

    Posted: 24 Apr 2021 10:03 AM PDT

    Hi everyone,

    I have the IPhone 11 and it has IOS14.4.2. The trouble I'm coming across is that half of the links I go to won't load. For instance, I can be on YouTube and everything is fine for 2 videos, but the next one won't load. It also happens when clicking on Reddit images. I've used my iPad and laptop on the same router and they have no issues.

    Any advice?

    submitted by /u/Moooosse
    [link] [comments]

    IPhone SE 2nd Generation (2020) iOS 14.5, AirTag

    Posted: 24 Apr 2021 09:22 AM PDT

    Will the iPhone SE 2nd generation (2020) be compatible with iOS 14.5's Precision Finding and AirTags?

    submitted by /u/LordCommanderTaurusG
    [link] [comments]

    Notes on my iphone

    Posted: 24 Apr 2021 05:04 AM PDT

    I remember writing notes on 'my iphone' instead of icloud notes but when I bought a new phone and logged in to my apple account to get all my data I found my notes transferred as well? Doesn't this defeat the purpose of notes 'on my iphone'?

    submitted by /u/hakkyman
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone else’s phone keeps cracking more than usual?

    Posted: 24 Apr 2021 08:16 AM PDT

    Hi! I've had my iPhone XR for about a year now and I'm so sick and tired of having to buy new screen protectors almost every month. The screen keeps cracking from every little impact. I try to be super careful with it but ?? One time it dropped about 5cm from the ground to a carpet and got a huge crack. Another time it fell on my bed on a mattress and got cracked. I don't even bother with the more expensive screen glasses anymore because I've figured out they all kinda work the same. I used to use iPhone 6s+ and had a 2$ screen protector on it, dropped it a bunch and no scratches or cracks for over a year. I got a 20$ protector on this one and every little impact will make it crack. I still have the older 6s+ and use it kinda as a back up phone to store photos and games, I'm not that careful with it anymore and it gets tossed around a lot but still barely any cracks. I went out for a run yesterday and had my phone in my pocket for music, when I took it out it had a huge crack UNDER the protector, I have no idea how that could've happened, I had nothing else in my pocket, the only logical explanation is that it probably hit my hip bone or something 🤷🏻‍♀️ And I think the prices to get it fixed are so overpriced. I love iPhones & wouldn't wanna switch to androids but I feel like they're purposely making their screens weaker so they could get money for fixing them. Anyone else has a phone that cracks super easily? Are there any ways to prevent this? I really am trying to be super careful but:/

    submitted by /u/NBAdrose
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel