• Breaking News

    Sunday, April 11, 2021

    macOS Ever had Apple Mail opening randomly to you? This video describes in great detail how to get rid of this annoying bug.

    macOS Ever had Apple Mail opening randomly to you? This video describes in great detail how to get rid of this annoying bug.


    Ever had Apple Mail opening randomly to you? This video describes in great detail how to get rid of this annoying bug.

    Posted: 10 Apr 2021 12:41 PM PDT

    How to create a MacOS bootable usb installer if you don't have 2nd Macbook?

    Posted: 10 Apr 2021 10:39 PM PDT

    What I've did:

    1. I accidently erase the partition using the Disk Utility.
    2. Command + R boots the laptop to "Starting Internet Recovery".
    3. -2100F error. It turned out that my WiFi can't access apple.com

    I have 2 WiFi, the one that I connected with on my Macbook Air 2013 is the one that can't access apple.com. I can't change it, it will always throws "-2100F" error.

    I only have Windows laptop, is there a official way to download MacOS Big Sur and create a bootable usb?

    submitted by /u/kidfromtheast
    [link] [comments]

    75 TB ( yes TB) MEMORY SWAP! How do I reduce this!!

    Posted: 10 Apr 2021 07:37 PM PDT

    Diablo 1 running flawlessly on intel Mac 10.15 thanks to a project by DevilutionX ! Love this game!

    Posted: 11 Apr 2021 01:29 AM PDT

    I made a snake game which you can play without loosing the context

    Posted: 11 Apr 2021 01:24 AM PDT

    I made a snake game that you can play without loosing your current context. Its FREE and can be download from the mac app store

    You can play this game when

    • you are in a boring google/zoom meet
    • your internet connection is broken
    • your code is building
    • you want to kill few minutes

    This game is for pure entertainment and does not end until you tap escape or click some where.

    Please let me know how you find it.

    https://apps.apple.com/in/app/float-snake/id1559350037?mt=12

    submitted by /u/kaunteya28
    [link] [comments]

    MBP having problems connecting to monitor

    Posted: 11 Apr 2021 12:42 AM PDT

    I have a MBP 16" and use it with my LG 34WN80C-B. Recently I've had problems with the MBP connecting to the monitor. It also seems to get stuck in 30hz and doesn't allow me to change it to 60hz. A restart is needed to fix that.

    Any solutions?

    submitted by /u/god12345lord
    [link] [comments]

    ERTYUIO keys not working on my macbook air

    Posted: 10 Apr 2021 11:11 PM PDT

    I need some help.

    The model of my macbook air is an early 2015 (handed down to me) and the keys; ERTYUIO are not working. I would like to find out the problem about this issue, because I have to use an external USB keyboard which I find frustrating as I cannot use the use the built in keyboard on the machine. I have been asked to wait for it to 'fix itself' and it has almost been 1 week. I checked my apple support service and found that the repairs and service coverage are expired because of how old this device is.

    I want to hear what you guys have to say as my father just tells me to use this external keyboard to fix the problem, but i dont want to bring it everywhere I go to solve it. I appreciate your guy's time to help me with this issue.

    submitted by /u/Cool_Needleworker450
    [link] [comments]

    Spotlight not working on external hard drives on Big Sur

    Posted: 10 Apr 2021 06:44 PM PDT

    I've already tried adding and removing folders from my hard drive on the restriction list (Settings > Spotlight > Privacy) multiple times to no avail and it's driving me nuts.

    Does any one have any suggestions??

    submitted by /u/coffeeandamuffin
    [link] [comments]

    About system sleep timer and display sleep timer

    Posted: 10 Apr 2021 09:59 PM PDT

    About system sleep timer and display sleep timer

    What is the difference between system sleep time and display sleep time? Can I change the system sleep timer in macOS big sur?

    https://preview.redd.it/pp1eoa027hs61.png?width=588&format=png&auto=webp&s=0da47b401bb5f915a4b6a36898bf66e2f6d14e8c

    The system sleep timer on my Mac is set to 1 minute. Is that its default?

    submitted by /u/Anudha_J
    [link] [comments]

    How do I turn the time announcement off on the new M1 Mac? There is no longer a clock tab or check box located in the Date and Time window.

    Posted: 10 Apr 2021 06:08 PM PDT

    Slow NVMe Speeds

    Posted: 10 Apr 2021 08:44 PM PDT

    Hi, I just bought a M1 Mac mini with a WD Blue 1TB NVMe in a Ugreen M.2 NVMe enclosure connected via USB-C

    However, I am getting extremely slow read and write speeds, about 20MB/s write / 16MB/s read, slower than my 4TB HDD!

    On my M1 MacBook Air it seems to work OK with speeds at around 2176MB/s write / 2785 MB/s read

    Ive tried formatting as both APFS and macOS Journaled but no change.

    Any ideas what's wrong?

    submitted by /u/RandmTask
    [link] [comments]

    Awesome drag’n’drop solution, that MacOS actually needed for years. And an overview on 9to5mac

    Posted: 10 Apr 2021 03:56 AM PDT

    Networking between two Catalina Mac Minis

    Posted: 10 Apr 2021 11:08 AM PDT

    Can anyone give good advice how to get rid of the following problem:

    We have a LAN network at our home, and me and wife have Mac Mini's attached to it. My wife has Catalina, and on my Mac I have two main APFS Volumes: Catalina and Big Sur, and additionally a couple of others. Our Mac's have different names.

    Occasionally we want to copy files to the other Mac using the LAN network. In Finder, you select Network, then the other Mac, select Registered User, give the credentials of your husband/wife. And then you can select the location in the other Mac.

    This goes right from my wife's Mac to my Mac

    But when I am working on Catalina and try to connect to my wife's Mac, there is a problem.

    I select in Finder: Network -> MacWife, and then immediately I see the contents of my own Mac. My wife's credentials are not accepted if I try. In BigSur this problem does not exist.

    submitted by /u/OneFromDeepForest
    [link] [comments]

    Any QuickLook plugin to adjust image contrast? (For dark 16-bit TIFFs)

    Posted: 10 Apr 2021 04:42 PM PDT

    I do a lot of microscopy and the images (especially in fluorescence channels, or in label images) usually don't have values that are very large compared to the max of 2^16-1. Instead of having to open them up in MATLAB etc. to show them with (min,max) rescaled to (0,2^16-1), I figure there must be some way to automatically display them with this 'contrast' adjustment. Any ideas for existing plugins or how I would get started making one myself?

    submitted by /u/kejocu
    [link] [comments]

    Change the image of the login in macOS Big Sur

    Posted: 10 Apr 2021 04:11 PM PDT

    1. In System Preferences / Users and Groups
    2. Unlock the padlock to make changes
    3. Right click on Administrator account and choose advanced options
    4. Copy the user code UUID
    5. Close and cancel any changes
    6. In the folder System Library / Caches / Create the folder Desktop Pictures
    7. Inside the Desktop Pictures folder create the folder with the UUID
    8. Close
    9. Go to System Preferences / Desktop and Screen Saver and choose the image that you want to be the background of the login
    10. Reboot and Done

    Note: The computer must not have Filevault active since it will constantly delete the folders that are created.

    submitted by /u/rodecari
    [link] [comments]

    Migrating from Linux to MacOS - looking for guidance

    Posted: 10 Apr 2021 03:31 PM PDT

    Hello dear MacOS subreddit.

    In about a month, I'll be switching from current Ubuntu+XMonad based workstation to Macbook Pro due to IT compliance reasons.

    I'm doing Python development work with REST APIs during the day, so lots of terminal windows with command-line apps like curl/jq/ssh.

    What would be best approach to do the transition?

    I'd like to keep the keyboard-centric workflow, if possible, but got deterred after reading that yabai (popular tiling wm) requires disabling some security features (which I may not be allowed to).

    I do manage some of my Linux configs in a dotfiles repository - could those be made cross-platform compatible?

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/burchalka
    [link] [comments]

    How do I disable automatic brightness in big sur? The monitor is visibly re-adjusting depending on the scene in the movie, it's super annoying.

    Posted: 10 Apr 2021 11:39 AM PDT

    When Importing photos, modification date correct but creation date is the date imported to external HDD, any help

    Posted: 10 Apr 2021 03:11 PM PDT

    Mount NFS share

    Posted: 10 Apr 2021 02:33 PM PDT

    How do I mount a NFS share (created using OMV on a Raspberry Pi) on my Mac running Big Sur? Is it possible using Finder?

    submitted by /u/voxrationis106
    [link] [comments]

    "Play sound on startup" setting not saving on Big Sur Beta 11.3

    Posted: 10 Apr 2021 01:54 PM PDT

    Anyone else had this problem on 2020 M1 MacBook Pros running Big Sur 11.3 (Beta 7)? Can't get that goddamn startup sound to go away, it just won't save the setting.

    OS bug or is there something wrong with my Mac?

    submitted by /u/Ginjamz
    [link] [comments]

    Mac mail--show subject *under* sender, rather than *next to* sender

    Posted: 10 Apr 2021 09:48 AM PDT

    Hi all,

    Setting up a new computer and trying to have it display like my current one. I hate this "classic" view that puts the mail subjects to the right of the sender; feels cramped and poor aesthetics. Trying to get the display where the subject is *under* the sender's name. Can't figure it out--any ideas?

    submitted by /u/imma-n00b
    [link] [comments]

    what do i do? power button not working..

    Posted: 10 Apr 2021 01:10 PM PDT

    Trying to install Win10 with Bootcamp - partition won't resize properly...

    Posted: 10 Apr 2021 01:05 PM PDT

    Trying to install Win10 with Bootcamp - partition won't resize properly...

    I'm trying to install Win10 on my MBP with 768gb SSD. MacOS reports free space as 467gb. In the Bootcamp Assistant, the slider to make a new partition will only go as far as 101gb and says there will be only 9gb left on my main boot drive. Even if I try and continue, it ends with an error... What am I doing wrong?

    https://preview.redd.it/5c29z4rsjes61.png?width=1798&format=png&auto=webp&s=3dde03fcd5e9d9cf6597a18d5ec67518fa92bb44

    submitted by /u/eighteentee
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel